• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

They Waited, They Worried, They Stalled. This Week, They Got the Shot.

What disappointed by is the politicization of a pandemic. What I'm surprised by is your suggesting that I expect ALL-CAPS SCIENCE to look like the Ten Commandments. That's just such a stupid and presumptuous notion. I did very well in most of my science classes.

If that's the case then you should avoid terms like "flip flopping" entirely and withdraw that post.
Fauci didn't flip flop.
And by the way, if you remember his frequent FACEPALMS while standing next to Dear Leader Trump, you might also recognize that he was literally groaning under the pressure to conform his remarks to fit Trump's EVER-CHANGING chaos agenda, and when he refused, Trump began demanding he be fired.

I'm sorry but Fauci is not, was not and never will be a part of some imaginary evil government tyranny agenda or "whatever".
He's a scientist, and by the way, it may surprise you that scientists are sometimes wrong.
But the politicization of this whole mess has made it such that if he ever DID admit being wrong about ANYTHING, instead of getting the kind of response he gets FROM the scientific community
(Oh wow, what were you wrong about and what did you learn, tell us so we know what to watch out for!)
he'd instead get leapt on by a pack of angry seagulls, as if he's an injured newt.

I reject your entire premise of Fauci flip flopping with prejudice.
I reject it mostly because of a lifetime of hearing my nuclear physicist father announcing that "he was wrong about something" from time to time.
Nobody at the Defense Nuclear Agency ever accused him of flip flopping, and in point of fact, on the seventeen occasions where he was called to speak to CONGRESS, no one ever pulled a stunt like that either.

I would be more than happy to dig up some of his testimony to Congress so you can follow along.
The point being, America has been terminally dumbed down to where we don't even know how to listen to scientists anymore.
The Dark Ages 2.0 has arrived.
Scientists do not flip flop.
Occasionally they are wrong and they correct their path.
If they fail to do so, they don't remain scientists for very long.
Fauci has fifty plus years of stellar performance under his belt.

Last edited:
If that's the case then you should avoid terms like "flip flopping" entirely and withdraw that post.
Fauci didn't flip flop.
And by the way, if you remember his frequent FACEPALMS while standing next to Dear Leader Trump, you might also recognize that he was literally groaning under the pressure to conform his remarks to fit Trump's EVER-CHANGING chaos agenda, and when he refused, Trump began demanding he be fired.

I'm sorry but Fauci is not, was not and never will be a part of some imaginary evil government tyranny agenda or "whatever".
He's a scientist, and by the way, it may surprise you that scientists are sometimes wrong.
But the politicization of this whole mess has made it such that if he ever DID admit being wrong about ANYTHING, instead of getting the kind of response he gets FROM the scientific community
(Oh wow, what were you wrong about and what did you learn, tell us so we know what to watch out for!)
he'd instead get leapt on by a pack of angry seagulls, as if he's an injured newt.

I reject your entire premise of Fauci flip flopping with prejudice.
I reject it mostly because of a lifetime of hearing my nuclear physicist father announcing that "he was wrong about something" from time to time.
Nobody at the Defense Nuclear Agency ever accused him of flip flopping, and in point of fact, on the seventeen occasions where he was called to speak to CONGRESS, no one ever pulled a stunt like that either.

I would be more than happy to dig up some of his testimony to Congress so you can follow along.
The point being, America has been terminally dumbed down to where we don't even know how to listen to scientists anymore.
The Dark Ages 2.0 has arrived.
Scientists do not flip flop.
Occasionally they are wrong and they correct their path.
If they fail to do so, they don't remain scientists for very long.
Fauci has fifty plus years of stellar performance under his belt.
You know what? Just spare me your snide tone and insulting remarks such as "it may surprise you that scientists are sometimes wrong." I can't fathom why you'd think I'd be surprised. You don't know very much about me.

You know what? Just spare me your snide tone and insulting remarks such as "it may surprise you that scientists are sometimes wrong." I can't fathom why you'd think I'd be surprised. You don't know very much about me.

Jesus Christ on a bike....

If you think you know more than one of the brightest scientists in America, that's your problem, not his.
Actually its more of Mr Faucis problem. Not a isn't trying to convince anyone to comply with her opinion. Mr Fauci however, relies on people following his advice.

I've covered every thing I need to say. Reasoning with blind anti-trumpets is a waste of time. Especially those suffering from verbal diarrhea.

You have offered not one compelling counter argument.

President Biden failed to meet his (ambitious) goal of getting 70% of the American people vaccinated against covid-19 by July 4, but a surge of interest in the vaccine this week is bringing the country closer to that 70%.

"On a single day this past week, more than half a million people across the United States trickled into high school gymnasiums, pharmacies and buses converted into mobile clinics. Then they pushed up their sleeves and got their coronavirus vaccines.

These are the Americans who are being vaccinated at this moment in the pandemic: the reluctant, the anxious, the procrastinating."

Actually Biden did not fail, it was a matter of people who failed themselves, because Biden made sure that the sufficient volume of vaccines were available, and a wide range of incentives including funding that supported financial benefit via lottery and other incentives for individual who got the vaccine.
The people failed themselves... because Biden never initiated a program to "mandate vaccines", so the goal was not something he could move forward or backwards, that goal was about ensuring the volume and accessibility to vaccines was in place and all the promotions and incentives were in place and he achieved that.

Foreign Nation likely look at American people as having a mass of self delusional types mixed in our society, when other nations people are eager and desperate to get vaccines, and here is America having to create incentive programs to get people motivated, and still people fight against themselves.

Back
Top Bottom