• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Hereafter?

What is my immediate fate to be?

• ::poof:: You simply cease to exist.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Reincarnation as a person.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Reincarnation as another life-form (plant - animal).

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You remain in a metaphysical stasis until a final Judgement Day.

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • An immediate metaphysical disposition of Heaven or Hell.

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Your essence simply rejoins the universe as diffuse energy.

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Scholastic said:
you get what i mean. Before i said anything, she openly admitted that she doesn't believe in Christ.

I believe in Crystal Light....You wanna know why?

Scholastic said:
See? This Jewess shows my point. I never called her a blasphemer. She freely offered us that information. And alas, the Jews wonder why Hitler was able to gather them up and systematically "murder" them so easily. They fell right into his hands. Especially with that Krystalnocthe thing. lol, the boy just wandered in and shot a german. How stupid!

Yes but by what you have said you have judged by saying that what they said was blasphemey. See the whole point off this discussion is in and of its self hipocritical.

TJS0110 said:
Yes but by what you have said you have judged by saying that what they said was blasphemey. See the whole point off this discussion is in and of its self hipocritical.

Incorrect. The person passed judgement upon him or herself by stating something about himself. Stating that whatever he stated was of a certain type of sinfullness is not judgement upon the person, but rather on the action.

Scholastic said:
Incorrect. The person passed judgement upon him or herself by stating something about himself. Stating that whatever he stated was of a certain type of sinfullness is not judgement upon the person, but rather on the action.
Where's the actual quote where she referred to herself as a blasphemer? I saw her say she at Jesus, but so has every single christian who has ever taken communion, so I don't see any blasphemy. That's you passing judgement.

galenrox said:
Where's the actual quote where she referred to herself as a blasphemer? I saw her say she at Jesus, but so has every single christian who has ever taken communion, so I don't see any blasphemy. That's you passing judgement.

She previously said she was a jew, and then said that about Jesus. To be a jew, one must reject Christ. Therefore, blasphemy.

Scholastic said:

Yes but your judgeing someone based on your own morals(the belief in Christ) who may not believe in Christ.

TJS0110 said:
Yes but your judgeing someone based on your own morals(the belief in Christ) who may not believe in Christ.

yes, yes i am. I am making that statement with the assumption that Christ is God, an assumption that i believe to be correct. What's your point?

Scholastic said:
She previously said she was a jew, and then said that about Jesus. To be a jew, one must reject Christ. Therefore, blasphemy.

techniqualy your wrong there is a group of Jews who believe in Christ.

Scholastic said:
yes, yes i am. I am making that statement with the assumption that Christ is God, an assumption that i believe to be correct. What's your point?

My point is that your treating Christ like a rule. You cant talk about religion with rigiditey. You have to accept that God is different things to different people. Jesus was Jewish.

TJS0110 said:
techniqualy your wrong there is a group of Jews who believe in Christ.

I've heard of the messianic jews, and they are ultimately heretical. They believe in Christ who redeemed them from sin and the penalty of the law and yet bind themselves to the law. They believe in Christ and yet deny the Church that he commanded his apostles to create. o_O

TJS0110 said:
My point is that your treating Christ like a rule. You cant talk about religion with rigiditey. You have to accept that God is different things to different people. Jesus was Jewish.

whoooah, lets be clear on something. I don't have to accept anything. I accept Aquinean logic, Catholic Doctrine, and the bible. Anything that goes against that must be declared inherintly wrong. For example, there is no such thing as aliens. John 1:1. God's creation is described as the following: "And what came to be through him was the life, and the life was the light of the human race. The light shines in darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it" Because Humans are described as light in darkness, and darkness is often symbolic for emptiness and void, it must be declared that humans alone have the title of "sentient life" in this universe.

Scholastic said:
whoooah, lets be clear on something. I don't have to accept anything. I accept Aquinean logic, Catholic Doctrine, and the bible. Anything that goes against that must be declared inherintly wrong. For example, there is no such thing as aliens. John 1:1. God's creation is described as the following: "And what came to be through him was the life, and the life was the light of the human race. The light shines in darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it" Because Humans are described as light in darkness, and darkness is often symbolic for emptiness and void, it must be declared that humans alone have the title of "sentient life" in this universe.

Your looking at symbols as fact. You cant take everything in the bible as fact some of the bible is meant to teach not to give historical fact.

TJS0110 said:
Your looking at symbols as fact. You cant take everything in the bible as fact some of the bible is meant to teach not to give historical fact.

you are assuming it was symbolic. Here we come to a disagreement. The bible is relatively straightforward in what is metaphorical and what is not. The "light" was apparently a metaphor. "the light of the human race" as compared to "darkness" i've already explained that.

Scholastic said:
you are assuming it was symbolic. Here we come to a disagreement. The bible is relatively straightforward in what is metaphorical and what is not. The "light" was apparently a metaphor. "the light of the human race" as compared to "darkness" i've already explained that.
yeah, but then again you're insane, so it's impossible to take your interpretations of things seriously, just like the guy on my corner who thinks that he's jesus christ, and his coffee is actually blood.

i dont think we're ever going to fully agree becasue you cant realy argue belief.

galenrox said:
yeah, but then again you're insane, so it's impossible to take your interpretations of things seriously, just like the guy on my corner who thinks that he's jesus christ, and his coffee is actually blood.

._.

uh huh. see icon.

Scholastic said:
._.

uh huh. see icon.
and you see, that;s the problem, I don't doubt that you see an icon, but there is no icon! You should really check into an institution because your grip on reality is at best very lax.

Religion is a matter of faith. Without faith religion holds little purpose becuase we would react only becuase we know about the rewards of the afterlife. Religions point is to give us a purpose it teaches us to be kind to others becuase it is right and not becuase its a law. You can't effecticely argue religion becuase its a matter of faith.

galenrox said:
and you see, that;s the problem, I don't doubt that you see an icon, but there is no icon! You should really check into an institution because your grip on reality is at best very lax.

I was referring to the red circle with the angry face waving his arms next to the "RE."

Religions point is to give us a purpose it teaches us to be kind to others becuase it is right and not becuase its a law.

are you friggen joking me? "teaches us to be king to others because it is right"? Is -that- what religion teaches? You apparently know nothing of religion, then. That is, at best, only part of the message. The message is this: Confess that Christ is Lord. And yes, it is the law.

You can't effecticely argue religion becuase its a matter of faith.

I disagree. The Old Law states that if more than one witness testifies coherently, what is testified is considered verified. Christianity has many witnesses that knew Christ personally, and they all gave the same message:

Christ has died. Christ has risen. Christ will come again

and you believe that you can argue faith because...........come on.............................that's right, you're insane!

Scholastic said:
are you friggen joking me? "teaches us to be king to others because it is right"? Is -that- what religion teaches? You apparently know nothing of religion, then. That is, at best, only part of the message. The message is this: Confess that Christ is Lord. And yes, it is the law.

I disagree. The Old Law states that if more than one witness testifies coherently, what is testified is considered verified. Christianity has many witnesses that knew Christ personally, and they all gave the same message:

You aparently don't know anything about religion becuase you see religion as a matter to be argued were as it is a matter to celebrate not to hate someone because of. YOU are the one missing the point, its not just a bunch of words its an idea that should promote love and careing not to tie you down so you can only believe in the words. You're pretty blind to the meaning of the words.

TJS0110 said:
You aparently don't know anything about religion becuase you see religion as a matter to be argued were as it is a matter to celebrate not to hate someone because of. YOU are the one missing the point, its not just a bunch of words its an idea that should promote love and careing not to tie you down so you can only believe in the words. You're pretty blind to the meaning of the words.

you are missing the boat. You are arguing as though religion is merely something made up that may or may not be correct that is only there to influence how people act. That is bullshit. Religion, concerning Catholicism, is an instutition installed by God himself that provides an intermediate between God and Man. It is a voice that continuously rejoices in the message given by Christ himself 2 thousand years ago. Man has been reconciled through the blood of the innocent sacrifice.

I believe in beforebirth. Man I miss those happy days. I really can´t believe in eternal, as there was beginning. Eternal has a beginning? One-way eternity:mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom