• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Great Myth... "Liberal Media Bias"

"liberal-media bias" is a MYTH!!!

• Yes. Without a doubt.

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • No. It's just a cop out.

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
You thought a post meant to say there was no liberal media bias came from a conservative blow hard? Uh, ok then.

SKILMATIC said:
Well its basically how you tell the story really. standpoints is how you gear you story telling.

Like if I were talking about the insurgency that happened in iraq 4 days ago. And if it were in liberal standpoints I would say it something like this.

Today a group of soldiers killed a couple of innocent civilians at a check point. The civilians were unarmed and posed no threat.

Now if I did it conservatively.

Today a group of US soldiers were at a check point when a car didnt stop after repeated warnings. So the soldiers opened fire and killing 3 people. The people didnt return fire, however, the car did have some explosive materials on board.

See the differences in stories and how they were presendted?

The discripition you present would constitute dishonest journalism. How does that have ANYTHING to do with bias? For your information Liberal does not mean dishonest. I think you've been watching too much FOX. Why don't you get some rest and come back when you have the ability to think with a level head.

Almost all media that reach a large audience in the United States are owned by for-profit corporations--institutions that by law are obligated to put the profits of their investors ahead of all other considerations. The goal of maximizing profits is often in conflict with the practice of responsible journalism.

Not only are most major media owned by corporations, these companies are becoming larger and fewer in number as the biggest ones absorb their rivals. This concentration of ownership tends to reduce the diversity of media voices and puts great power in the hands of a few companies. As news outlets fall into the hands of large conglomerates with holdings in many industries, conflicts of interest inevitably interfere with newsgathering.

Rupert Murdoch is far right. There is a large chunk right there.

In 1983 there where 50 companies that owned a large portion of the media 90% Today there are 5.

Bertelsmann
News Corp
Vivendi
Viacom
Walt Disney

That is who owns 90% of all media outlets basically.

These are coorporations.
They DO NOT LIKE LIBERALS.
They do have an agenda.
They do misrepresent issues and withhold information.
They DO NOT want to expose there problems.

Rupert Murdoch is far right. There is a large chunk right there.

Time Warner AOL has a verry far right agenda. Liberal media slice is getting smaller.

Point is All Media is owned buy a few companies. The ones who put Bush in power. Follow the Money you find the institutions intent. The Forbes 500 depends on you not knowing anything. They are protecting that investment. I am sorry for you and your kids if that dont bother you. Your kids are going to turn the tv on and see the polluting slave driving companies tv shows and commercials and news telling you everything is normal. They are the ones who are in the whitehouse and the ones who tell you all you think you know.

Most Journalists are liberals. For one they are educated. They want the dissemination of information to flow freely and try to do so. Just because they are ALL liberals dont mean you have a liberal media. It means they are mostly liberals.

The fact is that you are being brainwashed on such a massive scale your hopeless.

Last edited:
Originally posted by SKILMATIC:
awwwee thats sweet. Thanks Bill.

So I would assume to say that (bill) you dont beleive the US soldiers are a bunch of terrorists nor do they resemble them?
Go back and read what I said, instead of guessing.

Most Journalists are liberals. For one they are educated. They want the dissemination of information to flow freely and try to do so. Just because they are ALL liberals dont mean you have a liberal media. It means they are mostly liberals.

The fact is that you are being brainwashed on such a massive scale your hopeless.

OK IF MOST JOURNALISTS ARE LIBERAL AND THE JOURNALISTS ARE THE ONES PRESENTING THE NEWS THEN WHAT KINDA SIDE DO THEY TEND TO SLANT TOO?

Is a journalist who is liberal going to slant to a right approach? Common sense would say no, or am I wrong?

Go back and read what I said, instead of guessing.

You see this is why having a simple discussion with you is like pulling teeth. I ask you a simple question and you tell me to read some more of your posts.

Why dont you just enlighten me a little here.

Which means please tell me anyway. I want to know.

Ive already answered that.

Point is All Media is owned buy a few companies. The ones who put Bush in power. Follow the Money you find the institutions intent. The Forbes 500 depends on you not knowing anything. They are protecting that investment. I am sorry for you and your kids if that dont bother you. Your kids are going to turn the tv on and see the polluting slave driving companies tv shows and commercials and news telling you everything is normal. They are the ones who are in the whitehouse and the ones who tell you all you think you know.

Durring the elections Journalists where gagged about writing things oppository to bush. The media is not liberal because of the things it FAILS to report. It may appear the other way around but I think you would understand what I am saying If you put it all together.

Originally posted by SKILMATIC:
You see this is why having a simple discussion with you is like pulling teeth. I ask you a simple question and you tell me to read some more of your posts.

Why dont you just enlighten me a little here.

Which means please tell me anyway. I want to know.
I'm not going to gift rap the information with a big bow on the box. I'm also not going to state something twice that you refused to hear the first time. It's back there a few posts. Find it, read it, understand it, then come back and tell me I'm FOS. Until you understand the point I was making, you don't know what your talking about, when you rebut.

I'm not going to gift rap the information with a big bow on the box.

Awwe why not? I like big shiny bows. :2razz:

I'm also not going to state something twice that you refused to hear the first time.

Could you say that again? I dont think I understood this? :roll:

Until you understand the point I was making, you don't know what your talking about, when you rebut.

Was I talking to you? Please find the post that relates to me directing that post to you? Cause I have read back and I cant find it? :doh

Liberal Media Bias is not a myth.You would have to be a ****en idiot to think that there was no such thing as a media bias.

My liberal professor and the liberal faculty at my university gave me an academic award for my research demonstrating that the media is quite biased to the left. Feeble attempts like this topic to misportray the obvious as some "big lie" conspiracy is sad and desperate.

Pick a name of nearly any "household name" journalist and I will give you the name of the Democrat they worked for in office before being immediately trusted to disseminate legitimate news.

Or we can examine how the vast majority of journalist continuously poll to vote overwhelmingly for Democrats.

Or we can talk about all the damning examples of anti-Republican spin dutifully catalogued by outraged conservatives.

Or we can talk about all the scholarly and professional studies done by universities and neutral groups that demonstrate that the media pushes the same issues as Democrats, or that Democrat Presidential candidates have borderline states called for them immediately -and at least once, incorrectly- while Republicans will have four-hour delays in states like Alabama that already went for Republicans by 20 points or so immediately.

It is just a flat out steaming load to rationalize so much hard evidence as "eye of the beholder" crap.

Stop lying.

Last edited:
aquapub said:
My liberal professor and the liberal faculty at my university gave me an academic award for my research demonstrating that the media is quite biased to the left. Feeble attempts like this topic to misportray the obvious as some "big lie" conspiracy is sad and desperate.

Pick a name of nearly any "household name" journalist and I will give you the name of the Democrat they worked for in office before being immediately trusted to disseminate legitimate news.

Or we can examine how the vast majority of journalist continuously poll to vote overwhelmingly for Democrats.

Or we can talk about all the damning examples of anti-Republican spin dutifully catalogued by outraged conservatives.

Or we can talk about all the scholarly and professional studies done by universities and neutral groups that demonstrate that the media pushes the same issues as Democrats, or that Democrat Presidential candidates have borderline states called for them immediately -and at least once, incorrectly- while Republicans will have four-hour delays for states like Alabama that go for Republicans by 20 points or so immediately.

It is just a flat out steaming load to rationalize so much hard evidence as "eye of the beholder" crap.

Stop lying.

This post is wrong..."stop lying" should be in bold....

aquapub said:
My liberal professor and the liberal faculty at my university gave me an academic award for my research demonstrating that the media is quite biased to the left.

Wow. You must have really done your homework. Would you mind posting it, so we can take a look?

aquapub said:

I suppose you failed to address that journalists do not have a say about what is, or is not reported. They are subject to the rules, regulations and agenda of their company.

aquapub said:

Again, see above.

aquapub said:
Or we can talk about all the scholarly and professional studies done by universities and neutral groups that demonstrate that the media pushes the same issues as Democrats, or that Democrat Presidential candidates have borderline states called for them immediately -and at least once, incorrectly- while Republicans will have four-hour delays in states like Alabama that already went for Republicans by 20 points or so immediately.

So, are you saying that the media has a democratic-bias or a leftist-bias?

aquapub said:

Stop lying.

Ok, then why don't you present your research? We are waiting... :2wave:

i don't beleive liberals exist anymore, just the left

same goes for conservatives and the right

Well at least were right and the lefties arent , :lol: (sarcasm)

Back
Top Bottom