• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Great Myth... "Liberal Media Bias"

"liberal-media bias" is a MYTH!!!

• Yes. Without a doubt.

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • No. It's just a cop out.

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
Where do you go to school? What's your major? And chocolate isn't vegan...

Wel I go to school at UCSD. Its in cali in case if you didnt know. My major is aeronautical engineereing.

What about you?

Wait there's a third?

Yea you didnt know? Its your friend Kelsey, :lol: She wanted to come along too. She heard wonka was there, hehe.

Kelzie said:
See where it says VEGAN moderator? That means I don't eat living beings. cnredd will explain it...unless he's still miffed that I won't let him have egg and cheese...GET OVER IT!!

Nope...NOT touchin' that one....:twisted:

SKILMATIC said:
Wel I go to school at UCSD. Its in cali in case if you didnt know. My major is aeronautical engineereing.

What about you?

CU Boulder. International Affairs...I lived in San Fran a couple years ago. Best place in the world.

I was brought up with 7 TV stations.They were moderate to liberal,Thats New deal liberal. Today I have cable and i have 50 or 60 TV stations all but 2 are liberal. If you listen to the Liberals those 2 stations are a danger to the Republic.Even with he other 48/58 stations. Two conservative stations scare the liberals.Very strange.

cnredd said:
Nope...NOT touchin' that one....:twisted:

Listen you inappropriately-minded thing (and that goes for you too Skilawhateveryournameis), get your mind out of the gutter! I'm supposed to be keeping these threads at least PG-13. :naughty

Kelzie said:
Listen you inappropriately-minded thing (and that goes for you too Skilawhateveryournameis), get your mind out of the gutter! I'm supposed to be keeping these threads at least PG-13. :naughty

So I can't say anything about "International Affairs" either?:doh

cnredd said:
So I can't say anything about "International Affairs" either?:doh

So yeah...the media's liberal huh? Who knew...

Kelzie said:
So yeah...the media's liberal huh? Who knew...

You are the Queen of Segue....

My phrase is, "So how 'bout them Phillies?"

cnredd said:
You are the Queen of Segue....

My phrase is, "So how 'bout them Phillies?"

Wait they're baseball right?

Originally Posted by cnredd
Some nights they are....
Hold on, let me turn the lights down, crack open a magnum 40........OK, I'm ready! Now........talk slower!

CU Boulder. International Affairs...I lived in San Fran a couple years ago. Best place in the world.

CU? Colorado? And I beg to differ about san fran. I like san diego better. I even like philly better, :lol: . But anyways,

Listen you inappropriately-minded thing (and that goes for you too Skilawhateveryournameis), get your mind out of the gutter! I'm supposed to be keeping these threads at least PG-13.

Hey I am old enough, hehe. We are prolly the same agor close to it. And my minds not in the gutter its in the dressor next to your thongs, :rofl .

MAGNUM 40? Gees its about pleasure not torture, :lol:

Originally Posted by SKILMATIC
MAGNUM 40? Gees its about pleasure not torture
Just for effects. I hardly drink anymore.

Lol, yeah I tell ya I am a light weight. Im a buck 55 and proud of it, lol

SKILMATIC said:
CU? Colorado? And I beg to differ about san fran. I like san diego better. I even like philly better, :lol: . But anyways,

Hey I am old enough, hehe. We are prolly the same agor close to it. And my minds not in the gutter its in the dressor next to your thongs, :rofl .

Bleh. San Francisco's the best. And yeah Colorado

You might be old enough, but there are kids who wander on this site...which would explain why we don't allow swear words. And I don't want to have to deal with an email from an angry soccer mom whose 8 year-old wants to know what a thong is. Get my drift.

ANYWAY, like I was saying...liberal media bias...I dunno, I've always thought they were kind of conservative. Than again, I though Kerry was conservative...

well kel, im 23 is that old enough? Also thongs are all over the place. I am sure if the child hasnt seen one yet he wouldnt be able to get on to a computer.

ANYWAY, like I was saying...liberal media bias...I dunno, I've always thought they were kind of conservative. Than again, I though Kerry was conservative

Well thats funny you mentioned this casue kerry thought he was conservative too. Then he changed his mind, then he changed it again then he decided he would like to change it again............................

SKILMATIC said:
well kel, im 23 is that old enough? Also thongs are all over the place. I am sure if the child hasnt seen one yet he wouldnt be able to get on to a computer.

Well thats funny you mentioned this casue kerry thought he was conservative too. Then he changed his mind, then he changed it again then he decided he would like to change it again............................

Hey man, don't shoot the messenger. I'm 22, and it's common knowledge that girls are at least 2 years more mature than guys, so technically, I outrank you. :lol: It's my job to make sure things don't get out of hand. As much as I'd like them too. ;)

Yet another reason why I voted Green.

Not the girls that I meet. I am waay more mature than they are. Well u outrank me on this forum, :lol: . But none the less. Lets get back to the subject at hand.

What was it again? Oh yes thats right things, :lol: Sowy I had to say it, :rofl

SKILMATIC said:
Not the girls that I meet. I am waay more mature than they are. Well u outrank me on this forum, . But none the less. Lets get back to the subject at hand.

What was it again? Oh yes thats right things, :lol: Sowy I had to say it, :rofl

Yeeesss. Yes I do. There's really no ranks here though...but we can just pretend. ;) Well, you've met me (in a cyber-based sort of way). So I guess you're going to have to retract that statement huh?

And it wasn't just things. It was liberal media things. Try to focus please. :lol:

Billo_Really said:
Are you on crack? You couldn't spell f-a-c-t-s if I spotted you the "c" and the "a"!

No such thing as a liberal media, flame-boy! If there was:

How come we don't see all the coffins coming back from Iraq?
How come we don't hear anything about the World Tribunal on Iraq?
How come we didn't hear about the millions of protests around the world objecting to the invasion of Iraq?
How come we don't see the devestation that we inflicted in Fallujia?
How come we don't see all the soldiers killing innocent Iraqi's at check points?
How come we don't see the cluster bombs being dropped in urban areas?
How come we don't see the Iraqi children getting cancer from our use of depleted uranium munitions?
How come we don't see the only working hospital in Fallujia that we hit with a 500 pounder?
How come we don't see all the outrage the world has towards the United States because of Bush's foreign policy?
How come we don't see more specials like the one on CNN recently that spelled out all of the Administrations lies, half-truths and disinformation that is spewed out at the public on a regular basis?
How come we don't hear about the fact that Bush has not attended one single GI funeral in this entire bullshit, cowardly war?
How come we don't hear that this is the most cowardly war ever started by a foreign power?
How come we don't hear that Halliberton should be banned from recieving contracts in Iraq because of a clear conflict of interest with the Vice-President?
How come we don't ever hear about all of the desertions?
How come we don't ever hear why we don't keep count of Iraqi dead?
How come we don't ever hear about why we would join the UN and not follow their rules for which we are a signatory too?
How come we don't ever hear about us condemning the UN because it would not back us in Iraq?
How come we don't hear about the 10 year olds that are being tortured in front of their fathers (to force them to talk) at Abu Grhaib?
How come we don't hear about all the lame excuses people go to defend Bush?
How come we don't ever hear you apologizing for your proliferation of hatred and division in regards to the human race?
How come we don't ever hear you admit fault with anything?
How come we don't ever see any signs of you having a soul?

And now, a word from our sponsor....Hanky Whites!
First, civilians are being shot at check points and military posts mostly because they do not listen to soldiers ordering them to "stop." Second, I have never heard of 10 year olds being tortured at Abu Graib. Would you be able to supply any proof?

By the way, I have two cousins, two very honorable and honest people, who told me about having to shoot civilians because they were not sure if they were the enemy or not. The situation in Iraq is f***ed up. I would not get in the habit of second guessing soldiers who have seen friends murdered by suicide bombers who they thought were civilians. If they say stop and you don't stop, you may get lit up. Harsh reality of war.

By the way, I have two cousins, two very honorable and honest people, who told me about having to shoot civilians because they were not sure if they were the enemy or not. The situation in Iraq is f***ed up. I would not get in the habit of second guessing soldiers who have seen friends murdered by suicide bombers who they thought were civilians. If they say stop and you don't stop, you may get lit up. Harsh reality of war.

Thats the problem people dont understnad the harsh realities of war. And they dont have any sense whatsoever the reality of war. However, very well put.

Back
Top Bottom