• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Great Myth... "Liberal Media Bias"

"liberal-media bias" is a MYTH!!!

• Yes. Without a doubt.

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • No. It's just a cop out.

Votes: 7 33.3%

• Total voters
mistermain said:
First, civilians are being shot at check points and military posts mostly because they do not listen to soldiers ordering them to "stop." Second, I have never heard of 10 year olds being tortured at Abu Graib. Would you be able to supply any proof?

By the way, I have two cousins, two very honorable and honest people, who told me about having to shoot civilians because they were not sure if they were the enemy or not. The situation in Iraq is f***ed up. I would not get in the habit of second guessing soldiers who have seen friends murdered by suicide bombers who they thought were civilians. If they say stop and you don't stop, you may get lit up. Harsh reality of war.

The situation in Iraq is perfect. Its no more ****ed up than the people over there. Everything is going good over there remember. **** you.

Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
The situation in Iraq is perfect. Its no more ****ed up than the people over there. Everything is going good over there remember. **** you.

I never said the situation was perfect. If this is your way of disagreeing with people than you're better off not joining a debate forum. And quit talking **** through your computer like a coward.

Last edited:
SKILMATIC said:
Thats the problem people dont understnad the harsh realities of war. And they dont have any sense whatsoever the reality of war. However, very well put.

You're right. That's why we are at war today. Because Bush ran away from his duties in the military, and consequently he has no idea the attrocities of war. And because the (conservative) media fails to address the reality of war, people live their lives in an ignorant state of bliss. I've even heard things like, "Yeah let's kick those god d*** iraqis a-holes" (i've heard worse than that) how else can you explain this behavior, other than the fact that they know nothing about the reality of war. Shame on the liberal media for hiding the facts from the people (sarcasm).

Last edited:
Of course there's a liberal media bias. Every news station ive ever seen has either vilified Bush in favor of a borderline communist candidate, or supported Bush (Bush is, of course, more liberal than most liberal condidates)

Originally Posted by mistermain:
First, civilians are being shot at check points and military posts mostly because they do not listen to soldiers ordering them to "stop." Second, I have never heard of 10 year olds being tortured at Abu Graib. Would you be able to supply any proof?

By the way, I have two cousins, two very honorable and honest people, who told me about having to shoot civilians because they were not sure if they were the enemy or not. The situation in Iraq is f***ed up. I would not get in the habit of second guessing soldiers who have seen friends murdered by suicide bombers who they thought were civilians. If they say stop and you don't stop, you may get lit up. Harsh reality of war.
I'm not talking about soldiers who do their job in a professional manner. I'm talking about the ones that shoot into peaceful demonstrators, bomb hospitals, use napalm and cluster bombs in urban areas. That's who I'm talking about. Are you defending them too?

As for the source you asked for:

http://www.truthout.org/docs_2005/031105I.shtml

Martyr_Machine said:
Of course there's a liberal media bias. Every news station ive ever seen has either vilified Bush in favor of a borderline communist candidate, or supported Bush (Bush is, of course, more liberal than most liberal condidates)

Please... do not start with me on this topic. I suggest you do a search within the forum for media bias. Read all the posts. And then come back with your argument.

You're right. That's why we are at war today. Because Bush ran away from his duties in the military,

You cant be serious? Are you? So please tel me with FACTS not opinion why you think its becasue of Bush we are at war?

I didnt know Bush mass murdered people by the hundreds of thousands? I didnt know Bush used chemical and bio weapons on his own people? I didnt know because bush lied about his military background that this makes any validity on the fact we are at war right now? I didnt know that for invading a country with the 4th largest weapons arsenal in the world and having only lost less than 2000people it was such a harsh and inhumane war? I didnt know that Bush ignored weapons sanctions for almost 20years was his fault? I didnt know Bush ran Boeing commercial airplines into to buildings that sparked the war on terror? I didnt know Bush had ties with al qaeda and other terorist organizations which also spurrred the Invasion of Iraq? Gee, mabe Sadaam wasnt such a bad guy after all? Mabe we should be the ones who owes sadaam an apology for everything that is going on? Furthermore, why dont we just tell bin laden it was our fault that we got 9/11. Also lets tell every terrorist that wants to commit harm against humanity and the US that its ok casue after all the US is a horrible nation that doesnt deserve anything.

Please... do not start with me on this topic. I suggest you do a search within the forum for media bias. Read all the posts. And then come back with your argument.

O god I am not even going to get into this again. Just drop the subject now!!!!! We already mad ea list of liberal and conservative media sources. Just look at the list.

Hey SKIL, read the FAIR article you support so strongly before continuing on your "liberal media" fallacy.

freethought6t9 said:
Hey SKIL, read the FAIR article you support so strongly before continuing on your "liberal media" fallacy.

Yeah. Skill, I hope you can put that bottle of jack down long enough to pay attention to the subject matter of the debate, as you failed to make any coherant arguments last night! (kidding kidding kidding... it's sort of true you have to admit... do not take offense).

Yeah. Skill, I hope you can put that bottle of jack down long enough to pay attention to the subject matter of the debate, as you failed to make any coherant arguments last night! (kidding kidding kidding... it's sort of true you have to admit... do not take offense).

Ok ok ok, I will admit. But it got you to agree, :lol: . I may havenot made very good arguments but when you yourself made a list of news stations that were liberal and conservative I noticed you put 7 of the 10 you mentioned on the liberal side. So I think its suffice to say that I got you to agree with me. :2wave:
I also got you to agree with me that under law and purpose that Bush wouldnt be impeachable for he hasnt committed anything that would be vulnerable for that offense.

Now I again know you still beleive that Bush should be impeached to show lessons to future presidents, but you also agree with me on the fact that we tried this already with clinton.

And I dont see a comment to my other post which draws me to conclude you agree with that one as well. So i think I am making some headway with you in the fact that you need to start looking at the facts, not personal endeavors. Am I wrong here?

SKILMATIC said:
Ok ok ok, I will admit. But it got you to agree, :lol: . I may havenot made very good arguments but when you yourself made a list of news stations that were liberal and conservative I noticed you put 7 of the 10 you mentioned on the liberal side. So I think its suffice to say that I got you to agree with me.?

I am not agreeing with you. I developed that list for your lack of ability to be persuaeded. It's a hypothetical list which I referred to as having the possiblity of being myth or fact. We have not finished discussion.

Do I really need to explain everything to you twice? It's really getting to be quite aggravating.

If you are eager to draw assumptions from vagueness feel free. Although, I should warn you it's a foolish thing to do. Your sounding quite loopy, yet again.

Further testament dispelling the liberal media myth, SHODGES says

If Liberals control the media, so to they control the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of our government, being able to sway the opinions of the masses so. No? Well then, something is ary here... (#75 Even more examples of media bias)

Last edited:
I am not agreeing with you. I developed that list for your lack of ability to be persuaeded. It's a hypothetical list which I referred to as having the possiblity of being myth or fact.

Do I really need to explain everything to you twice? It's really getting to be quite aggravating.

Well developing a list under myth/fact whatever and you yourself mythologically putting those news stations under the liberal side must tell you something. What it tells you is you yourself knows enough to know that those news stations have the mythological ability to to propose a article or a story to a liberal standpoint. Becasue if you didnt those stations that are infact a liberal bias wouldnt have been on the liberal side.

I never said you said it was solely based on facts. Cause theres no article or survey that states that certain stations are liberal or conservative. It is all solely based on standpoints. However, having said that you still agree with me in the fact that you yourself view those stations as a liberal standpoint/myth casue you put them in the liberal list. Now lets not get into this argument again casue we have long killed this one out.

If Liberals control the media, so to they control the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of our government, being able to sway the opinions of the masses so. No? Well then, something is ary here... (#75 Even more examples of media bias)

I never said the liberals control the media cause the conservatives own it. But what I am saying is most of the news resources are based on liberal standpoints. Do you agree?

SKILMATIC said:
I never said the liberals control the media cause the conservatives own it. But what I am saying is most of the news resources are based on liberal standpoints. Do you agree?

Define what you mean by "liberal standpoints".

Define what you mean by "liberal standpoints".

Well its basically how you tell the story really. standpoints is how you gear you story telling.

Like if I were talking about the insurgency that happened in iraq 4 days ago. And if it were in liberal standpoints I would say it something like this.

Today a group of soldiers killed a couple of innocent civilians at a check point. The civilians were unarmed and posed no threat.

Now if I did it conservatively.

Today a group of US soldiers were at a check point when a car didnt stop after repeated warnings. So the soldiers opened fire and killing 3 people. The people didnt return fire, however, the car did have some explosive materials on board.

See the differences in stories and how they were presendted?

Billo_Really said:
I'm not talking about soldiers who do their job in a professional manner. I'm talking about the ones that shoot into peaceful demonstrators, bomb hospitals, use napalm and cluster bombs in urban areas. That's who I'm talking about. Are you defending them too?

If any of the allegations of child torture in the prison were proven true, I would be the first on the bandwagon to fry those involved. I take child abuse/torture very seriously, but these soldiers are innocent until proven guilty.
And no, I am not referring to these events that may or may not have happened. Any soldier who blindly shoots into a crowd of civilians, or napalms urban areas should be tried with war crimes. But like I said, I will not second guess the actions of our men and women who are risking their lives in a shithole like Iraq. If they shoot somebody because they feel their life was in danger, I'm not going to be the one to hold their feet to the fire (unless of course there was evidence of neglect or criminal activity).
I'm sick and tired of people like you who seem to think our military is a bunch of radical, gung-ho wack jobs who enjoy killing people. Quit watching so much t.v. and spend some time with some return soldiers.

Originally posted by mistermain:
If any of the allegations of child torture in the prison were proven true, I would be the first on the bandwagon to fry those involved. I take child abuse/torture very seriously, but these soldiers are innocent until proven guilty.
And no, I am not referring to these events that may or may not have happened. Any soldier who blindly shoots into a crowd of civilians, or napalms urban areas should be tried with war crimes. But like I said, I will not second guess the actions of our men and women who are risking their lives in a shithole like Iraq. If they shoot somebody because they feel their life was in danger, I'm not going to be the one to hold their feet to the fire (unless of course there was evidence of neglect or criminal activity).
Thank you for at least understanding my point on this issue. Even though you have some apprehension, thank you anyway for looking at this objectively.
I'm sick and tired of people like you who seem to think our military is a bunch of radical, gung-ho wack jobs who enjoy killing people. Quit watching so much t.v. and spend some time with some return soldiers.
When did I say this. Find the post where I said these words. Your jumping to conclusions here.

Billo When did I say this. Find the post where I said these words. Your jumping to conclusions here.[/QUOTE said:
You're right, you never said it. It goes back to the liberal bias topic. The one thing the media tends to do that drives me nuts is make the military look like a group of uncompassionate killers. Having so many friends and family in the service makes this a touchy subject for me. Every one of the people I know in the army, military, navy, and air force are good people. Most of them only kill because they know (or at least believe) that the person they are shooting at is a threat.
It's really tough to stomach people who say they support our troops and turn around and compare them with terrorists. I'm just venting at this point.

You're right, you never said it. It goes back to the liberal bias topic. The one thing the media tends to do that drives me nuts is make the military look like a group of uncompassionate killers. Having so many friends and family in the service makes this a touchy subject for me. Every one of the people I know in the army, military, navy, and air force are good people. Most of them only kill because they know (or at least believe) that the person they are shooting at is a threat.
It's really tough to stomach people who say they support our troops and turn around and compare them with terrorists. I'm just venting at this point.
I think we have all been there. No biggie, we move on.

Have you seen that show on FX "Over There". I know it is just Hollywood as GySgt puts it. But watching one of the scenes at a checkpoint shows somewhat the intensity and quick decisions GI's have to make in very difficult situations that no one understands unless they have been in it. Kind of puts a visual to the point you were making.

I don't support this war. But I do believe that I every Veteran coming home should be given a house free of charge in the state of their choosing.

But I do believe that I every Veteran coming home should be given a house free of charge in the state of their choosing.

awwwee thats sweet. Thanks Bill.

So I would assume to say that (bill) you dont beleive the US soldiers are a bunch of terrorists nor do they resemble them?

If Liberals control the media, so to they must control the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of our government, being able to sway the opinions of the masses with such ease. No? Well then, something is ary here...

If Liberals control the media, so to they must control the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of our government, being able to sway the opinions of the masses with such ease. No? Well then, something is ary here...

Umm you meant to quote that right?

O oops I thought it was from bill oreally, :lol: . Sowy.

Back
Top Bottom