• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

The Bradley Effect

Bradley Effect

• The Bradley Effect will have no impact on the election

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • The Bradley Effect will squash Obama

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • The Bradley Effect will squash McCain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Bradley Effect may harm Obama

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • The Bradley Effect may harm McCain

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Because the "Bradley Effect" has absolutely nothing to do with racism.

I've already proven this statement dead wrong in another thread and yet you continue to use it.

If the Bradley Effect is based on a false positive response to whether or not someone would vote for a candidate without race being a consideration, where the ultimate vote on election day proves the existence of the false negative, as exist polls demonstrate that 'No Votes' were tallied disproportionately because voters said race was a consideration, then how can racism not be a component of the false positive response going in and the verification of the false positives existence coming out of the voting both?

Thus, the Bradley Effect has everything to do with racism. Who on earth can't reconcile that fact.

I don't think you fully understand what you are saying, here.

There is no such thing as "the best software." Code is code and if there is any developmental security risk, then that risk needs to be removed and/or mitigated out. The issue on that level, is not the software, rather the process for developing the software.

No, that's not true. Where on earth do you get the idea that there's "no such thing as the best software"? I use firefox cause I think it's better than explorer. Others might think differently, but they're not all equally good.

Question: Would you allow the Tactical Weapons Control & Avionics systems to be developed (coded) and engineered in the Ukraine? Of course, not. Why? For a billion reasons, but mostly because you don't want coded routines in the software that controls the targeting, tracking and firing systems to put American pilots in a position of receiving unexpected results in battle.

1) Horrible analogy, as the Ukraine isn't subject to US laws, removing a massive incentive that US companies have to act appropriately.

2) Assuming that the Ukraine was subject to US law and that they did make "the best software" for our planes, then I would expect the responsible agency to conduct an analysis of the expected risk involved in letting that particular company develop the software, and then compare that with the expected benefit of the improved software in order to make a decision.

To put that in concrete terms: Say there's a developing country looking to build its air force. If it uses its own inferior technology, they predict they will lose 500 pilots a year to equipment malfunctions. If they purchase US technology, they can cut that number to 10. Yes, they're taking a risk by purchasing the US software, but can you see why it would be a good idea to do so?

Similarly, would you allow, in a mission critical election for the White House, one party to have behind closed door privilege and access to the code that delivers votes to each respective candidate? Of course, not - and for the exact same principles, though the actual reasons may differ.

That's not what happening. If you want to be taken seriously, cut the hyperbole.

That's a cute cop-out, but it does not answer the question - which is the typical response from those who can't answer direct questions.

Given that you get those kind of responses a lot, ever stop to think about what that might mean?

That's very dangerous thinking and it demonstrates a level of disengagement from reality.

Do you need proof that getting hit by a moving freight train might hurt just a little? Or, would you naturally take precautions against getting hit by one before it happened?

More terrible analogies.

No I wouldn't need proof, because I can deduce what happens when you get hit by a train from seeing videos of it, reading news stories about it, and simulating such a thing on a small scale with a model train.

In this case however, you have absolutely no evidence to support your claims.

Again, I ask you: If the Republican party can manipulate the vote so easily, why did they let their candidates get their asses kicked in 06?

I've already proven this statement dead wrong in another thread and yet you continue to use it.

If the Bradley Effect is based on a false positive response to whether or not someone would vote for a candidate without race being a consideration, where the ultimate vote on election day proves the existence of the false negative, as exist polls demonstrate that 'No Votes' were tallied disproportionately because voters said race was a consideration, then how can racism not be a component of the false positive response going in and the verification of the false positives existence coming out of the voting both?

Thus, the Bradley Effect has everything to do with racism. Who on earth can't reconcile that fact.

First, the Bradley Effect hasn't existed for the past 12 years. Go back to the first page and read the article.

Second, you're assuming that the scenario you laid out is the one causing the Bradley Effect (back when it was still around). There's equally plausible explanations that don't reflect racism.

You didn't prove anything. Your contention that if race is simply acknowledged, then racism must necessarily be present is ridiculous. You can't change the definition, then claim you've proved your point.

racism

1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

I think anti-black racism will have an influence on this election. I don't believe the Bradley Effect will have any influence on this election, because it is largely a myth. It's based entirely on a couple questionable examples, and ignores the many counterexamples.

will black racism have an affect on the election?

:2wave:

My reasoning is very intellectually sound. The thought of Obama winning because people actually like his stance on issues better then somebody like McCain defies all logic. Nobody could ever support Obama simply because they think he'd make a better president. Nobody could ever oppose him because they don't like his stances on issues. It's because they're drinking Koo-Laid or because they're racist. Black and white.

Hmm... well i guess I am nobody then. :roll:

Example: Right now, probably the primary air-to-air threat to our F-22 Raptor, is the Russian built Sukhoi Su-37. If the Raptor is ever called upon to establish air superiority in the same theatre where this variant of the Flanker is also operational, the Raptor Driver will have his hands full.

XXX

WRONG!

For every 10.1 Su-37's shot down 1 Raptor would be lost there, Pilot.....

Source: OT&E "Joust"

Well, I gotta hear this... WTF DOES it have to do with sweetheart?

It has to do with the politically correct making people ashamed to admit that they plan on voting for the white candidate. It is a polling anomaly, it has nothing to do with why someone is voting for one candidate or the other only in who they claim they will be voting for.

You can talk about racism, and what percent of blacks and whites will be voting based strictly on race - or based on the fact that they hate the other race (racism) - but that isn't what the BE impacts. Very few racists have a problem saying who they are going to vote for. They may make up non-racist reasons for why they are voting that way, but they generally do not claim to vote for the other guy.

It is those that aren't racists that are likely to hide their intentions to vote for the candidate of their own race when talking to a pollster simply because they do not want to be viewed as voting along racial lines. Those are the ones that create a Bradley Effect - if there is one.

oh please..... :roll:

We all know NP uses it as a veiled demeaning term for Obama when he uses it.

With that said I've noticed him using it more as a possible victory for McCain has slipped further and further away.

It has to do with the politically correct making people ashamed to admit that they plan on voting for the white candidate. It is a polling anomaly, it has nothing to do with why someone is voting for one candidate or the other only in who they claim they will be voting for.

You can talk about racism, and what percent of blacks and whites will be voting based strictly on race - or based on the fact that they hate the other race (racism) - but that isn't what the BE impacts. Very few racists have a problem saying who they are going to vote for. They may make up non-racist reasons for why they are voting that way, but they generally do not claim to vote for the other guy.

It is those that aren't racists that are likely to hide their intentions to vote for the candidate of their own race when talking to a pollster simply because they do not want to be viewed as voting along racial lines. Those are the ones that create a Bradley Effect - if there is one.

True, but I think more people are concerned about being thought a racist than of being politically incorrect.

With that said I've noticed him using it more as a possible victory for McCain has slipped further and further away.

Only in your perverted left wing ****ed up thinking.....

Only in your perverted left wing ****ed up thinking.....

See what I mean!

I am telling you my very far out left wing friend that a lot of people will not be voting for Obama and it has nothing to do with the color of his skin......I know you lefties are going to use that as and excuse if he loses but it is just wrong........Most of us believe your boy Obama is of no substance, and empty suit and a mental midget without a teleprompter and that does not even go into how unqualified he is to be president..........

Most of us believe your boy Obama is of no substance, and empty suit and a mental midget without a teleprompter and that does not even go into how unqualified he is to be president..........

I think you have him confused with that Bimbo that's running as McCain's VP. :lol:

I am telling you my very far out left wing friend that a lot of people will not be voting for Obama and it has nothing to do with the color of his skin......I know you lefties are going to use that as and excuse if he loses but it is just wrong........Most of us believe your boy Obama is of no substance, and empty suit and a mental midget without a teleprompter and that does not even go into how unqualified he is to be president..........

You probably do believe that this "no substance", "empty suit", "mental midget" "boy Obama" is unqualified but he's kicking your candidates ass. What's that say for your angry old white man?

I think you have him confused with that Bimbo that's running as McCain's VP. :lol:

A Conservative woman with power....She really threatens your puny little ego doesn't she..I love it............
:lol:

You probably do believe that this "no substance", "empty suit", "mental midget" "boy Obama" is unqualified but he's kicking your candidates ass. What's that say for your angry old white man?

Why do you lefties continually play the race card???????

I would not count my chickens before they hatched my left wing friend.....
Like a great American once said.....Its not over until its over............

A Conservative woman with power....She really threatens your puny little ego doesn't she..I love it............
:lol:

She's dangerous to more than an ego. She's dangerous to this country. As an ex service man you should be able to spot this. Maybe you stood too close to the 16" guns when they were fired. ;)

Why do you lefties continually play the race card???????

I would not count my chickens before they hatched my left wing friend.....
Like a great American once said.....Its not over until its over............

You're right... but Johnnyboy sure wishes it was over.

I would not count my chickens before they hatched my left wing friend..... Like a great American once said.....Its not over until its over............

Good point. See you back here in 18 days... with your plate of crow. :2wave:

Back
Top Bottom