• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The best thing democrats could do for themselves right now

So the Dems must now work to 'bring the country together'? After 4 years of Trump and his Republican enablers in Congress doing everything they could to tear it apart? Noooooo..

Also the Dems got to pick up the mess of Covid-19, the economy, the disastrous Trump foreign policy of shitting on our allies...

I'm tired of the Dems having to clean up Republican messes every 4-8 years.. You Republicans are so bad at governing and hate the rest of the country so much? Leave, take Texas and 5-6 of the other rectangular states, and start your country, and make a mess of that. Leave us alone..

If in reference to Pelosi's HR 1, it was an attempt at federal take over of what is and always has been Constitutionally specified State run elections.

Your attributing it to "they thought this bill might inhibit foreign actors ie Putin from helping their guy." says a lot about you.

What, specifically, would the federal government be taking over?
You do realize that bills have already come out of the House to fund state and federal efforts to minimize potential election tampering and protect the systems from hacking etc. The GOP Senate just let them die because they thought this bill might inhibit foreign actors ie Putin from helping their guy. All McConnell has to do is pick the damn bill out of the hopper, and send it to committee and amend it to include his favorite election fraud language and send it to conference committee. We can do 'the study' and we can send some funds to the states to modernize their systems, maybe buy better auditing software, or better machines.

With a straight face, senate Republicans complained that this voter reform bill picked on Trump, and would help Democrats win.

Hmm, I’m not sure if your problem is with basic math or with basic English. It seems pretty clear that 1125 convictions is greater than zero.
The standard being addressed was, "People are convicted of it all the time," not zero. Basic English.

The number offered was 1125 over a period of 38 years. Use those math skills to cypher out how an average of less than 30 convictions a year is "all the time".

Yes there's fraud. Yes it should be confronted. No, it's not pervasive and is not what usually wins election.

is to support an independent in-depth study into voter fraud, how the voting machines work and whether it is possible, even designed , into the machines to allow them to skew elections.

this way there would be no doubt, and Trump would lose tons of support, with almost no possibility of a 2024 primary going his way.

if everything is on the up and up then you have no worries, and millions of people will be satisfied with our election process, which will help the country lose the divide that has come between us.

on the other hand, lets see what happens in midterm 2022 , judging by the house losses, if you go trying to EO and pass all of the radical leftist measures without trying to bring the country together and abetting the worries of election fraud of 70 million people.
You lost. Get over it.

So you claim all the Democratic officeholders who signed letters condemning the voting machines as inaccurate are all liars, right? Should they be impeached and removed from office for undermining our political system and elections?
Please provide links to your purported letters.

I probably would, but I am not asking for a partisan effort like that. I am asking for both sides to oversee the testing.
You’re assuming a partisan effort by whom? Where’s any actual evidence to support your belief?

What, specifically, would the federal government be taking over?
H.R. 1 is Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s signature piece of legislation for the 116th Congress. Deceptively titled “For the People Act,” its primary goal is to rig the election system in favor of Democratic politicians by undermining America’s electoral process.

Under H.R. 1, massive amounts of elections-related power would be transferred from the states to the federal government. The bill interferes with the ability of states and their citizens to determine qualifications for voters, to ensure the accuracy of voter registration rolls, to secure the integrity of elections, to participate in the political process, and to determine the district boundary lines for electing their representatives.

The end goal of H.R. 1 is clear—to enshrine into law dubious electoral practices that enable and encourage fraudulent behavior, such as ballot harvesting, false voter registrations, duplicate voting, and ineligible voting.
Kinda like the chaos from the election that's unwinding right now.
With a straight face, senate Republicans complained that this voter reform bill picked on Trump, and would help Democrats win.
See above. Their assertion is not without basis.

You do realize that bills have already come out of the House to fund state and federal efforts to minimize potential election tampering and protect the systems from hacking etc. The GOP Senate just let them die because they thought this bill might inhibit foreign actors ie Putin from helping their guy. All McConnell has to do is pick the damn bill out of the hopper, and send it to committee and amend it to include his favorite election fraud language and send it to conference committee. We can do 'the study' and we can send some funds to the states to modernize their systems, maybe buy better auditing software, or better machines.
That's why McConnell got his name 'Moscow Mitch'... He did everything he could to hamper making the elections more secure... And now Moscow Mitch and the rest of the Republicans who sat back and let Moscow get away with his games are bitching that the elections aren't secure enough...And the Republican base is, of course, believing McConnell and Trump..

You can't make this stuff up...

It's like they still haven't realized they LOST....

Remember how much they enjoyed this picture of someone screaming after they found out Trump had won in 2016?

scream.jpg

They really enjoyed it. Really seemed to have hit the spot with them. But it seems they may have laughed a little too hard. Now the shoe's on the other foot. Can we get to laugh at them just as much now?

is to support an independent in-depth study into voter fraud, how the voting machines work and whether it is possible, even designed , into the machines to allow them to skew elections.

this way there would be no doubt, and Trump would lose tons of support, with almost no possibility of a 2024 primary going his way.

if everything is on the up and up then you have no worries, and millions of people will be satisfied with our election process, which will help the country lose the divide that has come between us.

on the other hand, lets see what happens in midterm 2022 , judging by the house losses, if you go trying to EO and pass all of the radical leftist measures without trying to bring the country together and abetting the worries of election fraud of 70 million people.

There is no voter fraud, there are only ad hoc instances of irregularities. No one is trying to steal the vote, and that is the only issue that matters, and since it does not exist,
then it is not an issue. There has been no evidence of anything of this nature as is being reported by morons like Giuliani and Powell.

This wouldn't even be an issue but for Trump poisoning the well.

When we are talking about 160.000.000 cast, perfect elections are well nigh impossible.

We've always dealt with them and adjusted counts accordingly, in the past, before certification, so why in holy **** is it a problem now?

I'll tell you why.

Donald Trump.

Get rid of him, and we go back to the way things were, which was, we have an election, we count the ballots, and someone emerges as the winner.
(as long as we allow only honorable men and women as candidates).

There are numerous studies into voter fraud. The Associated Press did one yesterday and found no evidence of fraud.

You just need to avoid questionable news sources.

ROTFLMAO.., AP is totally unreliable and biased, just like CNN, fake news!

If the machines are broken maybe the Dems won the Senate and didn't lose so many seats in Congress.

And who implanted 'fake news' into your brain?

A fake president.

Circularism at it's finest!

Apparently even Democrats had concerns about the Dominion voting systems.

Sens. Warren, Klobuchar Sent Letter Warning About Dominion, Other Election Tech in 2019
https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/...nt-letter-warning-dominion-election-tech-2019

The letter is an inquiry into the financial interests and structure
of Dominion's ( and number of others ) and their parent company, H.I.G Capital and there is a concern
regarding cost cutting at the expect of security ( a legitimate concern ) and gives an example, but it is an example
of irregularities in a litany of examples which thus far been produced which occur in every massive complex enterprise called Democracy in action.
none of which adds up to 'democrats stealing the election' which is being alleged by Giuliani, Powell, and Team Trump.

It also expresses that in many regions, machines are not being replaced and maintained.

But, that is especially true with Republican states in minority regions.

There is nothing about 'stealing the election' in the letter, that I could find.

The objective of the letter is to achieve more accountability from the companies that maintain the machines, and get
better machines in the system. Sounds to me like these are politicians doing their job.

Yes, let's find out. I prefer seeing Trump lose three or four times rather than just once.

Let's reenact election night a couple of times. We can make a drinking game out of it.

Part of the Moron Tax is when stupid people embrace unreasonable hopes for the amusement of others.

Another person who hates news because facts piss them off. I'd ask you to tell us what you think are good sources but you'll most likely just run away or provide non answers like they always do.

It really does not matter what you believe. Your candidate will not be accepted as the legitimate president regardless of how many progressive organizations tells us he is. There will be a fair audit or there will be no peace.
'Fore long those cosplay outfits will be too big with all the exercise y'all will he getting.

(And we knew all along it was gonna be that way. We heard trump tell you.)

nope. they were not contracted specifically for the purpose I am speaking of and I do not know where the money to pay them came from.

You sudden newfound "concern" only AFTER your boy Trump lost is both pathetic and lying. **** Republicans who can't deal with the reality their boy lost. They can all play in oncoming traffic and do the world a favor and piss off.

The letter is an inquiry into the financial interests and structure
of Dominion's ( and number of others ) and their parent company, H.I.G Capital and there is a concern
regarding cost cutting at the expect of security ( a legitimate concern ) and gives an example, but it is an example
of irregularities in a litany of examples which thus far been produced which occur in every massive complex enterprise called Democracy in action.
none of which adds up to 'democrats stealing the election' which is being alleged by Giuliani, Powell, and Team Trump.

It also expresses that in many regions, machines are not being replaced and maintained.

But, that is especially true with Republican states in minority regions.

There is nothing about 'stealing the election' in the letter, that I could find.

The objective of the letter is to achieve more accountability from the companies that maintain the machines, and get
better machines in the system. Sounds to me like these are politicians doing their job.

These voting machines are said to be based on Windows 7, an operating system that has reached end of life some time ago.
I also heard reported that these voting machines were connected to the Internet, which is a high security risk, especially in combination with the end of status of the OS.
By information security definition, no system connected to the Internet can be considered as 'secure'.

Concerns about Dominion the company (financial), and their voting machines, their product (technical), all are legitimate.
I don't think that this is the system on which you want to entrust your elections to.

No slam on anyone or anything, well, except maybe those voting machines.

Back
Top Bottom