• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sweden Allows Public Masturbation

So it's no biggie if some guy just walks around jerking off in full public view? Because he's not physically assaulting people?

And of course we should simply ignore the possibility that such degenerates might be looking to gain confidence and take it to the next level, right? Because that's a chance we can afford to take with our children's welfare.

Unbelievable. Troll City or what.

Why am I not surprised that someone that has a different opinion on this subject is being attacked from everyone and being called a troll.

Jesus H. Christ. I hope that if the ET's invade, they take me with them, and leave the pervs here.

So it's no biggie if some guy just walks around jerking off in full public view? Because he's not physically assaulting people?

And of course we should simply ignore the possibility that such degenerates might be looking to gain confidence and take it to the next level, right? Because that's a chance we can afford to take with our children's welfare.

Exactly. I believe that's what a lot of them too, escalate their behaviors.

Yeah i saw this, but it's misleading. It's just the prosecutor throwing a tantrum that he couldn't convict under an absurd "sexual assault" charge. Indecent exposure, or the equivalent there, might have been successful, and there's no guarantee the next creepy old man on the beach won't get convicted. This isn't a law making it legal.

I'm thinking sending prudes to jail might give them time to think it over as well. Don't pretend to give a damn about the children.

For a hardened criminal? 6 months inside should give him a little time to think things over.

A hardened criminal? Hardly. No need for a draconian punishment as the object of the crime is indeed no biggie. Sorry to disappoint.

it sounds like he was wanking in a corner and got caught; it's not right, but I blame people for watching more than I do him for wanking...

If you could prove that there is a reasonable expectation that children are shielded and adults can freely leave, I see no problem with public masturbation.

hahaha

Yeah, wait till you get home wankers.

So, this dude gets off (pun intended) from the charge of masturbating in public, and I can't even walk down the street legally with a beer in my hand?

I wonder what would have happened if it had been a woman masturbating on the beach?

I'm thinking sending prudes to jail might give them time to think it over as well. Don't pretend to give a damn about the children.
I'm prudish because I don't want perverts exposing themselves in public, and especially where they might be encountered by children? You're a riot, dude.

Liberals. lulz

A hardened criminal? Hardly. No need for a draconian punishment as the object of the crime is indeed no biggie. Sorry to disappoint.
Another Leftie who believes that exposing oneself in public and where children may be, is just hunky dory. What is it with you guys, anyway? Do you feel that you're some cutting edge trend-setter? Is that it? A dark character? An edgy outsider? Kewl.

'Hardened' criminal was a joke. Get it now?

Another Leftie who believes that exposing oneself in public and where children may be, is just hunky dory. What is it with you guys, anyway? Do you feel that you're some cutting edge trend-setter? Is that it? A dark character? An edgy outsider? Kewl.

Thinking it's hunky dory is no more absurd than believing it should result in a prison sentence and a lifetime on a public registry.

Thinking it's hunky dory is no more absurd than believing it should result in a prison sentence and a lifetime on a public registry.
For exposing oneself in a public place where one could very likely expect children to be present. As I said in a previous post, do we wait until they actually make a move, and, ya know, just kinda hope that they won't? I hope you're never in a position to influence the judicial framework, dude. You're every bit as dangerous as these reprobates are.

What's 'absurd' about preemption in this context? Doesn't public safety warrant such circumspection?

For exposing oneself in a public place where one could very likely expect children to be present. As I said in a previous post, do we wait until they actually make a move, and, ya know, just kinda hope that they won't? I hope you're never in a position to influence the judicial framework, dude. You're every bit as dangerous as these reprobates are.

What's 'absurd' about preemption in this context? Doesn't public safety warrant such circumspection?

I don't think you should punish someone for what they might do. I'm not saying stroking off in public is appropriate behavior, I've already said the exact opposite -- I just don't think it rises to the level of a danger to public safety.

At any rate, do everyone a favor and lay off the ad hominem attacks. You don't know a single thing about me.

I don't think you should punish someone for what they might do. I'm not saying stroking off in public is appropriate behavior, I've already said the exact opposite -- I just don't think it rises to the level of a danger to public safety.

At any rate, do everyone a favor and lay off the ad hominem attacks. You don't know a single thing about me.

For the guy on the beach, since it was directed at anyone in particular, I would agree with you. However, in other situations it could certainly rise to the degree of sexual assault if it is directed towards children IMO. I think it's also a good indicator that the person is a pedophile and certainly is victimizing and scaring children by doing that.

However, in other situations it could certainly rise to the degree of sexual assault if it is directed towards children IMO. I think it's also a good indicator that the person is a pedophile and certainly is victimizing and scaring children by doing that.

I could get behind a very specific, narrow definition of how it rises to that level. Not quite sure what that definition would be, but I know in the back of my mind there's something that would do it for me.

I could get behind a very specific, narrow definition of how it rises to that level. Not quite sure what that definition would be, but I know in the back of my mind there's something that would do it for me.

Why guys can't just keep their junk in their pants I'll never know. :doh

What's wrong with you guys anyway? :rofl Just kidding!

Until December of 2010, buggery was also not allowed in the U.S. military.

Wrong. "Buggery" or rather sodomy has been legal in the US military since 2003. Homosexuality is what was not allowed in the US military. It was a US military Appeals Court that ruled sodomy could not be prosecuted in the US military if it was consensual per the Lawrence v TX ruling.

As others have pointed out, this should never have been charged as sexual assault to begin with. It is obviously indecent exposure or an indecent public act, but not assault. If he aimed at someone, sure, sexual assault. If there were other circumstances, then maybe. But from what we know, it is not sexual assault.

And public nudity really should even be on a case by case basis for how we view it. Some people just like to be naked. It has nothing to do with sex or getting turned on. And we shouldn't be putting people on sex offenders lists for something like this or peeing in public or just exposing private parts. We need to determine true sex offenders by their actual actions/psychology, not assumptions based mainly on fear or prudish beliefs about sex and/or nudity.

Back
Top Bottom