• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Survey: Nearly 110 Million Americans Have a Gun at Home

In a free country, must a person need a thing in order to own it?

No, but it's not the end all of Americanism either. Those who don't want or need them are not banneroids or some other stupid an immature label that implies a weak non patriotic sort of person. It IS a free country after all.

No, but it's not the end all of Americanism either. Those who don't want or need them are not banneroids or some other stupid an immature label that implies a weak non patriotic sort of person. It IS a free country after all.

the real immaturity are those who want others to live under the same idiotic gun control laws that afflict them because they voted for Democrats who imposed such stupid laws.

I have no problem with those who don't want to own guns. I have real problems with those who want to project their fear of firearms or their misery of living in Bannerrhoid states onto others

The difference is you are telling us we don't need guns and your movement would really like to see all guns banned, admit it or not.

We however are not telling you, you have to own a gun and our agenda is not to force everyone to own a gun.

Now which of those two agendas represents freedom and which one represents oppression.

The difference is you are telling us we don't need guns and your movement would really like to see all guns banned, admit it or not.

We however are not telling you, you have to own a gun and our agenda is not to force everyone to own a gun.

Now which of those two agendas represents freedom and which one represents oppression.

excellent distillation of his position. He wants to ban us from owning guns that his californian masters won't let him own. He claims we should ban magazine fed semi auto rifles to SEE IF IT WORKS (in reducing crime)

what you are dealing with is the Aesop fox syndrome

I don't have a movement.

A livestock rancher in Wyoming would have need of a good rifle: why do you need one?

Nobody is tryng to make you keep and/or bear a gun - can you honestly say that you are not trying prevent the freedom of others to do so?

Because (you must assume that) each home houses exactly one American. ;)

That still leaves eighty million Americans living in those homes with the non gun owners, which would be about right. ;)

Nobody is tryng to make you keep and/or bear a gun - can you honestly say that you are not trying prevent the freedom of others to do so?

I never said that. I'm not a bannoid because of my views on the subject either.

That still leaves eighty million Americans living in those homes with the non gun owners, which would be about right. ;)

Yep, and I am not trying to change their freedom to do so at all.

I don't have a movement.

A livestock rancher in Wyoming would have need of a good rifle: why do you need one?

It isn't about need. It is a right.

And when it comes to gun control, you seem cool with almost any restrictions proposed and rarely have a good word to say about private gun ownership, (other than your own), so it makes people question where you stand and not without reason.

And when it comes to gun control, you seem cool with almost any restrictions proposed and rarely have a good word to say about private gun ownership, (other than your own), so it makes people question where you stand and not without reason.

If you read all of his anti gun posts together-what you see is a guy who lives in a state that has idiotic gun control restrictions and he wants everyone else to suffer that misery. he's also one of the "throw grandma to the wolves" types who thinks if he advocates idiotic restrictions on other gun owners, the bannerrhoid politicians won't take from him what he claims to own

I never said that. I'm not a bannoid because of my views on the subject either.

you're on record wanting to ban semi auto magazine fed rifles

you are on record for making the idiotic brain dead claim that "the only purpose for a 10 round+ magazine is for WARFARE and you want to ban those magazines

That makes you a gun banner.

You also have demonstrated a rather peculiar fixation on "weapons made for war" or the military which of course is a moronic distinction given the Colt 1911 was developed specifically for the armed forces but the higher capacity SW M&P in the same caliber was not.

Whose changing your freedom to own a gun?

You seem to be arguing that folks must define (demonstrate?) a need to own a (particular kind of?) gun. What is up with that "freedom" requirement?

We have a right to demonstrate don't we. But not everybody does. So are they less patriotic? And I;m not cool with almost every restriction proposed: Heller was a good decision.

I'm cool with proposals that are make the streets and cops safer.

You seem to be arguing that folks must define (demonstrate?) a need to own a (particular kind of) gun. What is up with that "freedom" requirement?

Because some here express some sort of need. Take CCW for instance. So I challenge it. I own three, but I don't need them.

We have a right to demonstrate don't we. But not everybody does. So are they less patriotic? And I;m not cool with almost every restriction proposed: Heller was a good decision.

I'm cool with proposals that are make the streets and cops safer.

well the ten years of the clinton gun ban (which you support) didn't do squat in making anyone safer. who doesn't have a right to demonstrate in the USA other than those confined to prisons or institutions? maybe active duty military? your point has no merit

You seem to be arguing that folks must define (demonstrate?) a need to own a (particular kind of?) gun. What is up with that "freedom" requirement?

need is a code word for a desire to ban in the bannerrhoid mind set. It works like this

1) I don't need a gun

2) I am "more reasonable or smarter" than gun owners

3) if I don't need a gun, they don't need a gun

that was the entire argument from a poster who is no longer with us-his entire argument was based on the claim that "he didn't need a gun-therefore you didn't need one either

Because some here express some sort of need. Take CCW for instance. So I challenge it. I own three, but I don't need them.

Absent CCW, it is entirely possible I'd be in the cemetery now. How's that for need?

Absent CCW, it is entirely possible I'd be in the cemetery now. How's that for need?

I stopped a mugging by shooting a mugger. Now I note that if I did not have that licensed SW pistol, I might have stopped it with the four inch balisong I had in my pocket. But that would have involved most likely killing both muggers rather than shooting one-the one shot stopped BOTH of them and ended the attack and the one I shot survived

I own many bandaids and power tools but I don't need even one of them right now. ;)

I must assume you foresaw some possible use for them or you would have likely sold them or traded them for something else. The main point is that I am not asking you to justify or limit your personal possessions in any way.

I'm cool with proposals that make the streets and cops safer.

Me too - LWOP for violent criminals.

I stopped a mugging by shooting a mugger. Now I note that if I did not have that licensed SW pistol, I might have stopped it with the four inch balisong I had in my pocket. But that would have involved most likely killing both muggers rather than shooting one-the one shot stopped BOTH of them and ended the attack and the one I shot survived

I was targeted by two men in a parking lot, where I was walking to a store with my son who was about 6-8 at the time IIRC. They tried to pincer me, one in front getting my attention while another slipped up behind. Spotted them both, moved to one side with my kid and put my hand on my gun. They saw that and immediately stopped, disengaged and fled the area.

Had I not been armed, they may well have continued with whatever they had in mind. I don't know if it was a mugging, a child kidnapping, or what... but I would have fought to the death before they took or touched my child. Fortunately for all concerned me being armed prevented it.

I was targeted by two men in a parking lot, where I was walking to a store with my son who was about 6-8 at the time IIRC. They tried to pincer me, one in front getting my attention while another slipped up behind. Spotted them both, moved to one side with my kid and put my hand on my gun. They saw that and immediately stopped, disengaged and fled the area.

Had I not been armed, they may well have continued with whatever they had in mind. I don't know if it was a mugging, a child kidnapping, or what... but I would have fought to the death before they took or touched my child. Fortunately for all concerned me being armed prevented it.

when I was a college kid, home for Xmas break with my two brothers (I cannot recall if the youngest was also in college or still in HS) my parents went to visit someone out of town. Some mope tried to force his way into our home and as he tried to break the lock into the upstairs (our home was in the side of a hill so the front of the home was ground level but the rear was 20 feet above ground with a deck and from the deck he tried to force his way in) we turned on the flood lights and all he saw was three people pointing shotguns at him. I was impressed at how fast he was able to get down snow covered stairs and through the heavy brush in the backyard. another time, when I was in law school, some guy tried to break in the night before I graduated-my youngest brother was up from NYC to visit. I snuck out the rear entrance and confronted the guy-he dropped his screwdriver and I held him until the cops showed up. I have no idea what he would have done if he got in and we were unarmed-we probably could have beat the crap out of him with some of the stuff in the apartment but this saved everyone physical injury

Back
Top Bottom