• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Survey: Nearly 110 Million Americans Have a Gun at Home

They are not barred in any state that allows ownership of semiautomatic rifles. Most states also allow the ownership of the fully auto version as well. Only 11 states do not
So which states are we talking about that do not allow semis?

So why don't you answer the question? Could your firearm have killed the same number of people using freely available, 30 round mags? No trap at all.

Tell you what, to avoid forcing you to admit the truth, yes it would have. Which leads us to, the next question, if preventing mass murders is your goal, why do you personally stop at ARs knowing your firearm would have resulted in the same numbers of dead and wounded. Seems you have a certain blind self interest involved. Personally, I have no issues with you owning it. I just find your hipocracy laughable and it shows the importance of first defining what you want to accomplish and then learning about the subject before trying to come up with any so called solutions.
Me thinks he neither knows what an "assault weapon" or an "AR" is, meaning that meaningful discourse with those ignorant of the topic, and willfully so, is always a waste of time and effort, but I assume you know that by know.

Survey: Nearly 110 Million Americans Have a Gun at Home
Well, we can throw that old Pew poll away. I still don't believe this one is accurate but it is more accurate than the last one. With all these guns around every household should have at least one death if you follow the logic of gun control fear mongers.

That's sad that so few do own a gun. When I was in college and lived by myself, I had a possible stalker. My dad gave me a small gun and while he is deceased now (natural causes, not gun related), he taught me not to fear standing up for yourself. I have that gun today, along with others. I can't imagine ever using one but I can't imagine not having the ability to have some protection. I take gun safety very serious and would never have a loaded gun in access of a child. But God willing, if someone comes to harm a child off mine, i would not shed a tear to positively use any gun in my possession.

Me thinks he neither knows what an "assault weapon" or an "AR" is, meaning that meaningful discourse with those ignorant of the topic, and willfully so, is always a waste of time and effort, but I assume you know that by know.

Hoping he grows up enough to actually learn something before spouting goofy opinions.

That's sad that so few do own a gun. When I was in college and lived by myself, I had a possible stalker. My dad gave me a small gun and while he is deceased now (natural causes, not gun related), he taught me not to fear standing up for yourself. I have that gun today, along with others. I can't imagine ever using one but I can't imagine not having the ability to have some protection. I take gun safety very serious and would never have a loaded gun in access of a child. But God willing, if someone comes to harm a child off mine, i would not shed a tear to positively use any gun in my possession.

According to Jet and a few others here, unless you can defend yourself physically, you do not have the right to do so....

When confronted with how ignorant your statement concerning BARs was, you resort to this lame strategy. When asked to explain a simple question, you then hide in the, "this is BS" cave. Very adult of you Jet. You an expert of the 4 D's; Dodge, duck, dive and dodge. Blind self interest noted.

Uh, BARs cannot be purchased in California and I showed you seven states (like I said) that ban such weapons. So the ignorance is not mine Bret; and you can stop the personalizing anytime: it's a sign of weakness.

You're making a BS comparison that has nothing to do with the mass shootings and cartel and gang activity that we have in this country.

You're running from factual information on guns Bret. You're diverting so that you don't have to face what's really going on.

If you're going to continue to divert and dance around the same old circle - then

:2wave:

Bret

he taught me not to fear standing up for yourself.
That is the most important lesson a parent can teach their children. Our safety is up to us. The police can only hope to be there but usually just help with the aftermath. I can't understand anyone that doesn't realize it and that doesn't think that way.

Uh, BARs cannot be purchased in California and I showed you seven states (like I said) that ban such weapons. So the ignorance is not mine Bret; and you can stop the personalizing anytime: it's a sign of weakness.

You're making a BS comparison that has nothing to do with the mass shootings and cartel and gang activity that we have in this country.

You're running from factual information on guns Bret. You're diverting so that you don't have to face what's really going on.

If you're going to continue to divert and dance around the same old circle - then

Bret

Jet, it is apparent you know very little of the subject when you make goofy statements. It is also apparent your character will not allow you to admit you don't know something and have to find ways to justify your goofy statements. That is not a great debate strategy. Anyway, you already said you are done with this BS yet you continue with yours. Later Jet.

Jet, it is apparent you know very little of the subject when you make goofy statements. It is also apparent your character will not allow you to admit you don't know something and have to find ways to justify your goofy statements. That is not a great debate strategy. Anyway, you already said you are done with this BS yet you continue with yours. Later Jet.

I've made no goofy statements whatsoever Bret, and I know the subject very well. You've been boxed in by your own illogic and my refusal to play your silly game.

I've made no goofy statements whatsoever Bret, and I know the subject very well. You've been boxed in by your own illogic and my refusal to play your silly game.

You go ahead believe whatever helps you feel better Jet. Embrace it. :roll:

According to Jet and a few others here, unless you can defend yourself physically, you do not have the right to do so....

Well, it's gonna take some physical pressure when my fingers pull the trigger. Seriously, until we return to a prehistoric time guns are needed so good people can protect themselves against bad people.

That is the most important lesson a parent can teach their children. Our safety is up to us. The police can only hope to be there but usually just help with the aftermath. I can't understand anyone that doesn't realize it and that doesn't think that way.
Yes, me as well. I never liked to have guns in my house but as my children grew, I understood that I did not harm them with the knowledge of self preservation but in fact helped them!

Well, it's gonna take some physical pressure when my fingers pull the trigger. Seriously, until we return to a prehistoric time guns are needed so good people can protect themselves against bad people.

But if you are willing to risk grevious injury or death to you or your loved ones, you really don't need a firearm to defend yourself, regardless of how much bigger, more powerful the assailant is. As a woman, you really should consider letting a man protect you rather than trying to do it yourself. At least that seems to be the opinion of the previously noted poster...

Back
Top Bottom