• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Survey: Nearly 110 Million Americans Have a Gun at Home

No one needs a gun, a small but significant minority of American are terrified about life in general so they feel they do.

No one needs people who pretend they know what the rest of us need. Your stupid attacks on gun owners is nothing more than silly insults unsupported by any rational arguments.

They are the minions of Alex Jones.

Its fun watching Jet claim he is a gun owner and how he likes guns yet he likes posts that say no one needs a gun and then he also supports the moronic claim that gun owners are terrified about life in general. When you strip away the lies and the facade about public safety that gun haters make, all you are left with are people who don't like the politics and culture of pro freedom advocates so these haters insult us because we don't buy into their nanny state attitudes.

In a free country, must a person need a thing in order to own it?

need has no relevance to rights. Those who try to limit rights based on need have to justify why they need to even post here. especially those how clutter up this board with condescending snide attacks on people who don't buy into their anti-freedom silliness

No one needs a gun, a small but significant minority of American are terrified about life in general so they feel they do.

This is a clueless and ignorant statement.

I have already needed and been glad to have a gun in more than one situation.

Case in point: I took in a woman and her two small children two years ago, so they could escape her abusive druggie husband. She had attempted to leave him several times. He always found her and hounded her until she went back to him to end the harassment.

He was a druggie and petty thief and had gotten away with so many things, avoided prison so many times, that he had little fear of the law or the cops. Nor did he have much fear of getting his ass kicked, as that had happened often enough to become humdrum as well.

She felt trapped and unable to escape.

Until she moved in my place. He never once attempted to show his face here. Her and her children have been safe here, have recovered from his years of abuse and coercion and are flourishing and doing well.

Reason? He knows me. He knows I am armed and able and don't fool around, and wouldn't hesitate to do the necessary if he tried to show his ass on my property.

That's just one. There's my neighbor up the road who shot a daytime burglar. There's my Mom who ran off an intruder with a warning shot once. I could go on, but the point is that guns in private hands often go further in saving lives than guns in cop hands. They are very much needed.

Case in point: I took in a woman and her two small children two years ago, so they could escape her abusive druggie husband. She had attempted to leave him several times. He always found her and hounded her until she went back to him to end the harassment.

He was a druggie and petty thief and had gotten away with so many things, avoided prison so many times, that he had little fear of the law or the cops. Nor did he have much fear of getting his ass kicked, as that had happened often enough to become humdrum as well.

Until she moved in my place. He never once attempted to show his face here. Her and her children have been safe here, have recovered from his years of abuse and coercion and are flourishing and doing well.

Reason? He knows me. He knows I am armed and able and don't fool around, and wouldn't hesitate to do the necessary if he tried to show his ass on my property.

That's just one. There's my neighbor up the road who shot a daytime burglar. There's my Mom who ran off an intruder with a warning shot once. I could go on, but the point is that guns in private hands often go further in saving lives than guns in cop hands. They are very much needed.

Weird. I would have taken her to some a women's shelter where she could het professional help. Your friends and family seem to have extensive gun related incidents.

Troubling.

Edit: Wait what.???? You took in some random woman and her kids years ago and they are flourishing at your home. Doesn't pass the smell test iIMHO.

Last edited:

you are applying facts to a stupid statement that was proffered to bait gun owners and has no basis in fact.

Weird. I would have taken her to some a women's shelter where she could het professional help. Your friends and family seem to have extensive gun related incidents.

Troubling.

what is troubling to you is that criminals were defeated and good people who were armed came through unscathed. why don't you come clean and tell us what motivates your extreme silliness when it comes to our constitutional rights

Troubling.

She had tried a women's shelter once. The conditions there were so bad she went home. "Professional" help isn't all it is cracked up to be. She also tried to get him arrested for felony probation violations. He got out in 30 days. The system failed her.

I live in a high crime county. Such is life. You deal with what is, not how things ought to be.

Your implication that there is something wrong with my family is noted and dismissed with disdain. My blood kin are exceptionally law abiding; none of them in my close family have ever spent a night in jail or been convicted of any felony crime, and hardly any misdemeanors other than traffic tickets. I am a former law enforcement officer.

Last edited:
you are applying facts to a stupid statement that was proffered to bait gun owners and has no basis in fact.

I have no illusions that I am going to persuade Mr Suave of anything. He is clearly uninterested in honest debate or discussion and his mind is closed. It would appear his chief joy on DP lies in being irritating with meaningless one-liners.

However there may be others reading who are of a more reasonable mindset and who are open to listening to reason; thus, my answer.

She had tried a women's shelter once. The conditions there were so bad she went home.

I live in a high crime county. Such is life. You deal with what is, not how things ought to be.

Your implication that there is something wrong with my family is noted and dismissed with disdain. My blood kin are exceptionally law abiding; none of them in my close family have ever spent a night in jail or been convicted of any felony crime, and hardly any misdemeanors other than traffic tickets. I am a former law enforcement officer.

I have never referred to my family as my "blood kin". That is an interesting description. That said other than observing that they are unusually involved in gun related incidents I insinuated nothing about their potential criminal past as I know zero about it. Why would you bring that up when I didn't mention it?

I have no illusions that I am going to persuade Mr Suave of anything. He is clearly uninterested in honest debate or discussion and his mind is closed. It would appear his chief joy on DP lies in being irritating with meaningless one-liners.

However there may be others reading who are of a more reasonable mindset and who are open to listening to reason; thus, my answer.

exactly

I have never referred to my family as my "blood kin". That is an interesting description. That said other than observing that they are unusually involved in gun related incidents I insinuated nothing about their potential criminal past as I know zero about it. Why would you bring that up when I didn't mention it?

That you continue to attempt to get in personal digs with indirect insinuations has been noticed and noted. Your protests of innocence are met with amused derision.

The term "blood kin" is Southern in origin, and while old-fashioned is still somewhat in use here.

That you continue to attempt to get in personal digs with indirect insinuations has been noticed and noted. Your protests of innocence are met with amused derision.

The term "blood kin" is Southern in origin, and while old-fashioned is still somewhat in use here.

So to note. You agree I never remotely insinuated what you suggested I did. I'd ask for an apology but won't hold my breath.

So to note. You agree I never remotely insinuated what you suggested I did. I'd ask for an apology but won't hold my breath.

you are asking for an apology after spending most of your short time on this board baiting gun owners and making snide comments about those who own guns. You protest too much

You like guns A LOT I like reasonable gun control how is that baiting? Genuinely curious. Your reaction is similar to that of a southerner who is told that NASCAR sucks (it does).

I agreed to nothing, other than your total lack of anything remotely resembling an attempt at honest debate, to date, not just in the gun forum but anywhere on DP.

Did you not see the college football thread? The scrambled egg thread? The mother Teresa thread?. Any # of trump threads?

I could go on but you are morbidly focused on gun threads..

You like guns A LOT I like reasonable gun control how is that baiting? Genuinely curious. Your reaction is similar to that of a southerner who is told that NASCAR sucks (it does).

you like harassing gun owners and making snide comments about those who own guns. You aren't able to tell us what "reasonable" gun control is because your REASON for supporting gun control is to harass gun owners.

we need laws that will reasonably and substantively reduce crime. Gun control-in the form gun haters like you want-has no chance of being either reasonable or effective in decreasing crime

I have admitted that it will take at least a century to eliminate gun ownership in the US. Like gay marriage it's a process. Sadly you and I won't see that day.

Meantime I do my part to advocate for gun control and I guess you do the opposite.. Good for you I guess.

Did you not see the college football thread? The scrambled egg thread? The mother Teresa thread?. Any # of trump threads?

I could go on but you are morbidly focused on gun threads..

Are you addressing me? If so, yes I have seen your posts in other forums. Your assertion about my morbid focus is in error, also, if that was addressed to me.

:coffeepap:

Sorry I may have confused you with turtle dude (though you seem to play off each other).

I have admitted that it will take at least a century to eliminate gun ownership in the US. Like gay marriage it's a process. Sadly you and I won't see that day.

Meantime I do my part to advocate for gun control and I guess you do the opposite.. Good for you I guess.

I guess its a pipe dream to believe you will honestly explain why you have such a hard on against lawful gun ownership. and don't waste my time saying its to increase public safety

I would but you are not interested in an honest debate nor implementing reasonable gun control

I would but you are not interested in an honest debate nor implementing reasonable gun control

The term "reasonable" gun control alone is a lie. And you have not demonstrated any honesty in this topic-rather most of your posts are intended to bait gun owners and insult them as Goshin noted

Whaaah. I said something about gun ownership you don't like. I must be baiting you. Whaaaah!

Back
Top Bottom