• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Solar Storms Will Cause ‘End Of The World’ On April 23, 2023

I remember taking an entire summer to read that when I was a teenager. Can't imagine it being any longer than it already was!

It was the original version, before his editor whacked at it. Thank God for Kindles, which make all books "equal" in terms of weight :D

I got it across my lower back in my early thirties. I had just finished final exams (went back for another round of uni as an adult) and WHAM. Felt like someone had snaked a live electrical wire across my back - couldn't even tolerate the breeze from the ceiling fan on it.

So yeah - the vaccine is definitely worth it.

See? Stress-related.

It was the original version, before his editor whacked at it. Thank God for Kindles, which make all books "equal" in terms of weight :D
I am trying to minimize all screen time of late but my Kindle is like crack. I use it to read in bed - I don't have to hold a book open so I can lay on my side, plus it's backlit so I can still read if my girlfriend wants the lights off to sleep.

Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land was like that also. His widow later released the full version. Didn't both those books come out about the same period?

I am trying to minimize all screen time of late but my Kindle is like crack. I use it to read in bed - I don't have to hold a book open so I can lay on my side, plus it's backlit so I can still read if my girlfriend wants the lights off to sleep.
This is me and Audible. But I drive for a living, so audiobooks are my lifeblood.

And the Mayan calendar ran out and we're still here. We are still here, right?
It just reset....but when I heard people saying the end of the world was in 2012 because of it, I told them to send me all their money because they wouldn't need it anymore. Odd that I had no takers.

Heinlein's Stranger in a Strange Land was like that also. His widow later released the full version. Didn't both those books come out about the same period?

I have no idea when the reprinted SSL came out, the original came out in the 60's right? The Stand was originally published in '78 or '79 I think.

It just reset....but when I heard people saying the end of the world was in 2012 because of it, I told them to send me all their money because they wouldn't need it anymore. Odd that I had no takers.
Hey, doesn't the Bible even say "No man knoweth the day or the hour". :cautious:

The latest Kindles have really adjustable backlighting so I find them great even in my pitchblack camper at night.

Yeah, shingles apparently has some sort of shingler timer. It won't bother anyone until after their 60th birthday. :rolleyes: Have fun, binge drink and have frequent random and unprotected sex for the next 5 years. After that you will be shingles bait.

FYI, Neither shingles shot caused me to have side effects. However, I know a few people who got shingles and they said shingles in no day at the beach.
WTF is that ^ all about?

I have no idea when the reprinted SSL came out, the original came out in the 60's right? The Stand was originally published in '78 or '79 I think.
AH. Different decades would have had different standards. I was wondering if the same publishing principle had cut them both down. It looks like the uncut version of SSL came out in '91, about 30 years after the original.

I was expecting some electrical related sputters around a bout the world during the next couple of weeks but not any end of the world bs. See you all on Monday the 24th. :cool:

AA1a3ODr.img

According to Bolavip.com, “a new conspiracy theory saying that an apocalypse of some sort will happen this Sunday, April 23rd has been gaining traction, especially among Spanish-language users, as the main source seems to be the account @lascapsulasdeltiempo.”

For example, the strongest recorded solar flare to ever hit Earth occurred in 1859 in what is referred to as the “Carrington Event.” That particular solar storm caused telegraph wires to burst into flames.

In 1921, the “New York Railroad Storm” also caused fires in electrical equipment and telegraph control rooms all over the world, while in 1989 a moderately strong solar storm knocked out power in northeast Canada for nine hours.

it's been nice knowing you!

Shingles is so serious. I've not been vaccinated for it. I know I should but my cardiologist isn't worried. I've undergone a cardiac cath and pacemaker implant in the last 6 months, at high risk for almost everything. My covid booster was rough, and I just don't want to do it.

The shingles vax didn't bother me nearly as much as the covid shots, but I can understand your hesitation.

There are many possibilities!

But, you do need to be on the ISS when all this goes down. You have a year to figure out how to get on board. I suggest using hijinks and shenanigans.
YouTube series?

The only location outside my planetary shield where humans may be found.
What about the Nazi bases on the moon? Or do we just not count them because they’re Nazi’s?

YouTube series?

What about the Nazi bases on the moon? Or do we just not count them because they’re Nazi’s?
Ooh good point. Super-evolved Moon Nazis could be a real problem. I have to rethink my plans.

We were replaced with a simulation in 2012 and nobody noticed.
However, that might explain why I suddenly noticed being naked in my truck while doing 85 mph in 2012.

it's been nice knowing you!
Aww shucks - that's nice to know and same back at ya. Although, after I called Dr. Morris last night asking what happens after the storm, he assured me that we all will still be spiritually connected after the vaporization. So, luckily for you, you'll still hear all about my hair brain ideas. :) Now I wonder how we'll still be posting at DP and will politics even matter on he the other side?

I'm doing a Bard Necromancer in one of my D&D games. We could become the Dancing Dead
Congrats by the way.

Sounds like a very energetic state of being - dancing. Since my energy levels seem to be dropping, I may just go with the Sleeping Dead.

Back
Top Bottom