• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Solar Storms Will Cause ‘End Of The World’ On April 23, 2023

Shingles is so serious. I've not been vaccinated for it. I know I should but my cardiologist isn't worried. I've undergone a cardiac cath and pacemaker implant in the last 6 months, at high risk for almost everything. My covid booster was rough, and I just don't want to do it.
Obviously, follow your doctor's advice - but I caught shingles last year and it was absolutely EXCRUCIATING. I'm not old enough for the vaccine...because I'd be standing there with my sleeve rolled up begging for it rather than ever go through that again.

Obviously, follow your doctor's advice - but I caught shingles last year and it was absolutely EXCRUCIATING. I'm not old enough for the vaccine...because I'd be standing there with my sleeve rolled up begging for it rather than ever go through that again.

I've heard the same. I asked yrs ago too and was turned down because too young. But...you dont 'catch' shingles, you know that, right? It's in anyone's system if they've had chicken pox. In some older adults, it expresses itself later as shingles, often as a response to stress. In some, it never re-emerges but like you said...it's so bad it's worth the shots.

OMG sweet girl, it is so rare to contract it if you are young. I just googled the below:

It is not possible to catch shingles from someone else with the condition, or from someone with chickenpox. However, it is possible for someone who has never had chickenpox to catch it from someone with shingles, as the shingles blisters contains the live virus.

No idea how you contracted it, but I'm so sorry you had to experience that!

I've heard the same. I asked yrs ago too and was turned down because too young. But...you dont 'catch' shingles, you know that, right? It's in anyone's system if they've had chicken pox. In some older adults, it expresses itself later as shingles, often as a response to stress. In some, it never re-emerges but like you said...it's so bad it's worth the shots.
Learned something new today - thank you. I had guessed that constantly being around little kids that are vaccinated against chicken pox, I may have come across the virus underlying chicken pox and that was why the shingles broke out.

Now that small consolation that “eh, chicken pox virus swept through here, it isn’t likely to happen again” is gone 😂

If it was random stress, that’s more scary 😂

OMG sweet girl, it is so rare to contract it if you are young. I just googled the below:

It is not possible to catch shingles from someone else with the condition, or from someone with chickenpox. However, it is possible for someone who has never had chickenpox to catch it from someone with shingles, as the shingles blisters contains the live virus.

No idea how you contracted it, but I'm so sorry you had to experience that!
Well, one reason to look forward to 50 I suppose 😂

Then I can get the vaccine!

I was expecting some electrical related sputters around a bout the world during the next couple of weeks but not any end of the world bs. See you all on Monday the 24th. :cool:

AA1a3ODr.img

According to Bolavip.com, “a new conspiracy theory saying that an apocalypse of some sort will happen this Sunday, April 23rd has been gaining traction, especially among Spanish-language users, as the main source seems to be the account @lascapsulasdeltiempo.”

For example, the strongest recorded solar flare to ever hit Earth occurred in 1859 in what is referred to as the “Carrington Event.” That particular solar storm caused telegraph wires to burst into flames.

In 1921, the “New York Railroad Storm” also caused fires in electrical equipment and telegraph control rooms all over the world, while in 1989 a moderately strong solar storm knocked out power in northeast Canada for nine hours.
Is this gonna be like that whole "rapture" thing? 'cause last time it was like one guy.

If the power grid is destroyed then most people would be dead within a few months. It’s an inevitably that we will experience another Carrington-level event or worse but to pin that down to a particular date is pseudoscience.

If the power grid is destroyed then most people would be dead within a few months. It’s an inevitably that we will experience another Carrington-level event or worse but to pin that down to a particular date is pseudoscience.
Don’t worry, if the power grid goes down, my political party, the United States Party, has a plan in place to help humanity survive. We will put everyone in underground bunkers to live for a few generations. Meanwhile we will turn the surface into a faux aesthetic of a society that melded futuristic technology with 1950s design in a post-nuclear apocalypse.

Then, periodically, people will be able to leave their vault and go on an adventure.

I was expecting some electrical related sputters around a bout the world during the next couple of weeks but not any end of the world bs. See you all on Monday the 24th. :cool:

AA1a3ODr.img

According to Bolavip.com, “a new conspiracy theory saying that an apocalypse of some sort will happen this Sunday, April 23rd has been gaining traction, especially among Spanish-language users, as the main source seems to be the account @lascapsulasdeltiempo.”

For example, the strongest recorded solar flare to ever hit Earth occurred in 1859 in what is referred to as the “Carrington Event.” That particular solar storm caused telegraph wires to burst into flames.

In 1921, the “New York Railroad Storm” also caused fires in electrical equipment and telegraph control rooms all over the world, while in 1989 a moderately strong solar storm knocked out power in northeast Canada for nine hours.
Okay, I got two credit cards and two lines of credit to max out so I'll be gone for awhile.

The world will indeed end on 4/23. Life as we know it will be over.........................If the earth were round! Luckily the world is flat so the storm will sail right over us.

I'm 55 and was told to wait until I am 60?
Oh come on…60?

*insert profanities here*

I swear to all that’s holy, if I get the shingles again because of some arbitrary number, I’m going to be so angry.

I’d choose another c-section over that experience again. It was awful.

The world will indeed end on 4/23. Life as we know it will be over.........................If the earth were round! Luckily the world is flat so the storm will sail right over us.
Depending on the angle at which it hits, it might impact the underside of our flat planetary surface. Problem solved!

Oh come on…60?

I swear to all that’s holy, if I get the shingles again because of some arbitrary number, I’m going to be so angry.

I'll keep that in mind.

I'll keep that in mind.
They don’t give out pain pills here - like doctors are really reluctant to prescribe them and when/if they do? It is a really low number.

After my son, I think they gave me like 5-10 pills as a prescription at discharge post-c-section.

When I had shingles? They were like “yeah, these aren’t even going to really work” and a prescription of 30 (either a vicodin or Percocet type) and then 90 of another (that one for nerve pain…can’t remember what it is called, not an opiod) and then a stack of some sort of prescription pain patch. And my doctor was like “call me if you need more”.

At night, I’d put on a patch and take 1 of each of those pills and still could not sleep well. And anytime previously, just even 1/2 of an opiod pain pill had me snoring. 😂

It is nerve pain…completely random, zapping nerve pain coupled with a nasty rash that has a more persistent, annoying almost burning pain. It was truly awful and I never want to do that again.

In happier news, I reached a fitness milestone today. I'm glad that it happened before the world ends.

They don’t give out pain pills here - like doctors are really reluctant to prescribe them and when/if they do? It is a really low number.

After my son, I think they gave me like 5-10 pills as a prescription at discharge post-c-section.

When I had shingles? They were like “yeah, these aren’t even going to really work” and a prescription of 30 (either a vicodin or Percocet type) and then 90 of another (that one for nerve pain…can’t remember what it is called, not an opiod) and then a stack of some sort of prescription pain patch. And my doctor was like “call me if you need more”.

At night, I’d put on a patch and take 1 of each of those pills and still could not sleep well. And anytime previously, just even 1/2 of an opiod pain pill had me snoring. 😂

It is nerve pain…completely random, zapping nerve pain coupled with a nasty rash that has a more persistent, annoying almost burning pain. It was truly awful and I never want to do that again.
My dr is an old kansas republican. That's really all there is here these days. The younger ones won't come here and the left leaning ones have all gone. He'll write me a prescription for 90 tramadol 50s at the drop of a hat.

Fortunately for him I almost never ask.

In happier news, I reached a fitness milestone today. I'm glad that it happened before the world ends.
Congratulations!

In dissimilar news, after 3 years of waiting, I finally caught COVID! My magnetism spike proteins must be fighting hard because I feel terrible. But at least I can check off the “caught COVID after the pandemic was over” box.

Oh come on…60?

If you've already had it, shouldnt they allow it to prevent future cases? You've already demonstrated you're susceptible.

Congratulations!

In dissimilar news, after 3 years of waiting, I finally caught COVID! My magnetism spike proteins must be fighting hard because I feel terrible. But at least I can check off the “caught COVID after the pandemic was over” box.
I hope that you feel better soon. I caught it after my first post - two shot booster. It sucked, but I'm alive.

And just think...you could have been binge-watching TV from the couch and eating anything you wanted...🤷

Back
Top Bottom