• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should it ever be illegal for consenting adults to have sex?

Should it ever be illegal for consenting adults to have sex?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Meh. We're getting into splitting hairs here. I agree that consenting adults should be able to have sex without consequence --- unless the reasons I stated. That still makes the act criminal because they've chosen to do it in a certain place.

Well, then what exactly is the debate here?

Everyone in this thread is basically saying the exact same thing, just in different words. The both of us are saying basically the same thing.

If its hair splitting, then what is the pinpoint you are trying to get across in your OP? I agree that I'm being semantical, but that's because I'm specifically talking about the legal reasoning and how its applied/interpreted, which involves a heap of semantics, especially in regards to situations that aren't uniform and need to be flexible, as no one situation fits all.

Are you specifically pinpointing incestual adult consensual sex, or something else?

Sex involving consenting adults (18+) --- should it be illegal in any instance?

Please vote and explain your opinion in the comments!
Is location a factor?

Well, then what exactly is the debate here?

Everyone in this thread is basically saying the exact same thing, just in different words. The both of us are saying basically the same thing.

If its hair splitting, then what is the pinpoint you are trying to get across in your OP? I agree that I'm being semantical, but that's because I'm specifically talking about the legal reasoning and how its applied/interpreted, which involves a heap of semantics, especially in regards to situations that aren't uniform and need to be flexible, as no one situation fits all.

Are you specifically pinpointing incestual adult consensual sex, or something else?

I'm not pinpointing anything. It's a general discussion. Isn't it a good thing that we all agree that consenting adults should legally be able to have sex with whoever they want?

So long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, I couldn't give a shit.

Only one time that I could think of, when Ernest Borgnine married Ethel Merman.

Not in the privacy of their own place. Public parks, not so much.

A therapist and his Client.
That's covered by the therapist's ethics and any state laws. The key word is "consenting". A prisoner, for example, can't legally consent. Same for a psych patient. Not a lawyer, but that's my understanding.

In any circumstance? Absolutely!

Sex in public places should absolutely be illegal. Sex between parents and their children, grandchildren, etc. should be illegal. Sex between close relatives such as first cousins should be illegal. Sex between consenting adults where there is a reasonable risk of public health and safety (I'm talking stuff like a cook and a waitress boinking on the prep table in the middle of dinner rush) should be illegal. Exhibitionist sex in view of minors should be illegal.

Yes absolutely and there's some cases that it is if they choose to have sex in public for example. The two of them can consent but it's still lewd behavior

Thinking about this, what about two hormonal 15 year olds? I know I waited until I was legal! Just the way I am!🤫 What?.. I'm the loner...😔

This is confusing, though haven't delved into the law of what is said here.

For sexual activity to be consensual, everyone involved must be able to consent. In most cases, this means everyone must be at or older than the legal age of consent in the state or territory they’re currently in.
Damn.. lot of locked up teens.
For sexual activity to be legal, it must be consensual, and it must be between people of the same age category.
anna-nicole-smith-j-howard-marshall-94d7b299a81842acabf369a82b4b81fa.jpg
He looks so young! Oh, nevermind. That's financial rape.

18 to 100, adult. Which head you're thinking with out of the question?

Alcohol/mutual drugs, 'next morning OMG', hormones, 'what will my friends think?' I was raped!" Courts.. , social media, 80 year old with a blue pill, etc..

Good luck policing people *******.

This is such an open ended question, it's unanswerable. Say Siri or Google and see what you get.

Thinking about this, what about two hormonal 15 year olds? I know I waited until I was legal! Just the way I am!🤫 What?.. I'm the loner...😔

This is confusing, though haven't delved into the law of what is said here.

Damn.. lot of locked up teens.

View attachment 67488646
He looks so young! Oh, nevermind. That's financial rape.

18 to 100, adult. Which head you're thinking with out of the question?

Alcohol/mutual drugs, 'next morning OMG', hormones, 'what will my friends think?' I was raped!" Courts.. , social media, 80 year old with a blue pill, etc..

Good luck policing people *******.

This is such an open ended question, it's unanswerable. Say Siri or Google and see what you get.
What's the point of being an oligarch if you can't swing hotties when you're 100?

Sorry, I just noticed the bolded part, and your post stopped being funny. Rape apologists suddenly become unfunny when they drop the mask.

What's the point of being an oligarch if you can't swing hotties when you're 100?
Right, so mark out out something that was never even said. But that sounds dominating.

Sorry, I just noticed the bolded part, and your post stopped being funny. Rape apologists suddenly become unfunny when they drop the mask.
Right. He lured her with his drool. I never really asked for funny, but humor can make a point.

His fault was his drive. 'Horndawg'. 🤷‍♂️

You go right on ahead full steer with your 'acceptance'.

She was madly in love. I mean look at those pecks!.

Human sexuality and law is absolutely cut and dried. Except....

As noted several times, this question is poorly worded and opens up a wide range of interpretation as to what is being looked at.

With regards to sex between people, simply in and of itself, with no context of situation (location, professional relationship, etc.), the answer is no, as long as both consenting and adults are observed, as well as the exception that are in the Romeo and Juliet (R&J) laws.

With regards to situations, the answer is yes, but the basis is not limited to sex itself, so I am unsure of whether such is actually making the sex illegal, or sex is simply one of many things covered by the law. Again, this falls under an unclear intent of the question.

Interesting question. When does the "consent" start or when does it "stop?"
Example: sadomasochistic sex. Once into it one partner decides it has gone far enough the other is so "wound up" they don't want to stop.

Then it stops becoming consensual doesn't it, and thus falls outside the context of consenting adults. As long as the withdrawal of consent is explicit, which includes clear safe words if the context of the sex includes the play acting of resisting.

Sexual acts in public places should be illegal.

Define public place in this context. For example, should sex be illegal at a campground, which could be classified as a public place? What about deep within a public forest, away from the common trails? Set aside any illegality of being off the trail since that would apply even if sex was not happening.

Sexual acts in front of children should be illegal.

Outright, or just where it can influence or harm the child? I remember having sex with the first wife while the child was in the crib in the same room. Mind you the child was also less than a year old. We never did such in front of any older children.

I'm conflicted on the incest thing - who cares if brother and sister want to have sex. But if she gets pregnant, that could/will be detrimental to the child so, as I said, I'm conflicted on that one.

Is it the incest itself or the inbreeding that is the issue? After all two sisters or two brothers having sex is not an inbreeding worry.

Do adults intentionally have sex in front of kids?
Yes. In some cases, it's like I described above, when they know that it's not going to psychologically harm the child because they are too young for it to do so. But sadly there are also too many times that it is done as a direct form of abuse, whether the child was directly involved or just forced to be an observer. I'm also pretty sure that the issue of in front of children is not counting on the child walking in on sex when they were not expected to be there.

Possibly in positions of trust or power relationships. Should a doctor or therapist be allowed to have sex/relationship with one of their patients?

I'm thinking incest ought to be against the law.
Why? Staying within the context of consenting adults, why should they not legally allowed to engage in sex? Keep in mind that grooming, i.e. conditioning from a young age, violates the consent aspect, so obviously we're not counting those cases. Do you have any reason other than an emotional one as to why incest across the board should not be legal. BTW, this is not me disagreeing or agreeing as to whether it should be illegal. This is me asking you to support your position.

Back
Top Bottom