• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should infants born with serious mental defects be euthanized?

Should infants born with serious mental defects be euthanized?

• Yes, compulsorily

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Yes, if the parent(s) decide that

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 38 77.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wat? No. This is not Ancient Sparta...

57fba8e0eef1e91c5cee41af77b70431.jpg

And if we gassed the prisons, think of all the money we could save.

I'd be happy just killing everyone on death row.

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill them all!!!

But seriously, no you cannot euthanize them. Very serious medical conditions, like lacking a brain or severe deformaties that would prevent living can be detected before birth. However, we cannot just start killing mentally and physically handicapped people because it is convenient for everyone else.

Well, gosh, we spent some time in Buenos Aires a couple of years ago. We had some of the best beef ever...or was it really beef? What do they really kill down there? :shock:

Just kidding, of course.

**** you. My son went from barely talking, mildly retarted at age 5 to top of his class by age 7. You can't steal that proof that people deserve a shot from the womb so long as there isn't something super ceral happening to both mother and child in the birth. He's a champion, that overcame odds, that most never will. Most end up like you say, drooling in a pool of thier own piss. But not mine. No sir. Mine rose up, and over came, and you can try to steal that, but today was damn sure the wrong day to try, because the awards don't lie. The testimony of his teachers, speech theropists, councilors and yes, even friends, don't lie. So you vote up that "kill those that cost too much for society" crap, and in 20 years, i promise you one things, and only one thing, My Son Will Be More Successful Than You EVER. Bitch. Now watch your mannors, and apologize not to me, but the champ my child is. Lest we met one day, and I show him why we train for ruthless aggression. Hate ****in nazis...

Mods please do not infract this guy... he is speaking from emotions.

Dude... freaking relax first of all.

I say: "That is not a serious mental defect..."

And you respond: " mildly retarted"

Do we even need to continue?

If you want take it to the Basement and I will gladly respond to this post in kind.

Bodi

And if we gassed the prisons, think of all the money we could save.

For a large amount of the prison population I think that is a actually a good idea... repeat offenders, people mugging 87 year old ladies, stabbings, shootings, murder, rape, kidnapping, bankers that screwed people out of billions, etc. Kill em. Seriously. Scum of the earth.

UPDATE:

I thought it was if the defect was detected in the womb and they were aborted. My bad.

Killing a baby once it is born is not acceptable. I misread it, in all honesty. I am stupid....

It's unethical, but there are advantages to it. The ancient Greeks did it, and China and North Korea do it today.

Absolutely NOT

and I am still pro choice

as for autism, it is a heavy duty thing on a sliding spectrum...my friend's child is 21, violent, in diapers, can't speak, never will and there is no where to place him, they are getting old....what to do, what to do?

I wouldn't call Downs a serious mental defect either...

Guys... I work at a school and the ones with the serious mental defects are the kids being led about in a daze, looking at the ground all the time that would stand alone all day not knowing what to do if they were not under control, wet themselves because they don't know how to go to the bathroom, and basically have the look of no life in their eyes... Downs and autism (at least not severe) are not that bad. The Downs kids are happy, talkative, running about saying hi, etc.

So when you encounter one with what you consider a serious mental defect, your thought is that you'd rather they had been killed when they were infants? Besides, if mental defects should result in immediate death because you think their lives have no value, it can't be restricted to just killing babies. Some don't develop or become apparent until later in life.

So when you encounter one with what you consider a serious mental defect, your thought is that you'd rather they had been killed when they were infants? Besides, if mental defects should result in immediate death because you think their lives have no value, it can't be restricted to just killing babies. Some don't develop or become apparent until later in life.

Read post #36

Don't pay attention to it. He likes the attention.

Exactly right and he'll take whichever side will garner the most attention even if I means telling some dad of an autistic son that his kid should have been killed in infancy.

I've a friend who's had guardianship of her older sister with Down Syndrome for decades now, and her greatest is fear is what will happen once she's gone. She can't be left unsupervised for long, but at various times she has held a job. You might think rolling silverware into paper napkins for hours is a drag, but she doesn't and is very proud of her paycheck. But what happens if she outlives her sister?

My friends' parents were told that this child "must" be institutionalized. That she would never talk or be capable of anything. Her speech is rudimentary and sometimes difficult to understand but she speaks, dresses and feeds herself. One common feature of Down is having an appestat that doesn't work, so she has to be watched, or she'll eat until she's sick, and she also has to be monitored in the tub, which I've done, because left alone she will compulsively wash one spot on one arm for an hour until she's rubbed her skin off).

And where does it all end? Abort for Down's? For a missing or partial limb? A cleft palate? Imperfection of any kind?

Read post #36

How am I to know what you really believe? You just like to **** with people, and it's all good and you get something out of it, but it does make it impossible to trust anything you say.

I've a friend who's had guardianship of her older sister with Down Syndrome for decades now, and her greatest is fear is what will happen once she's gone. She can't be left unsupervised for long, but at various times she has held a job. You might think rolling silverware into paper napkins for hours is a drag, but she doesn't and is very proud of her paycheck. But what happens if she outlives her sister?

My friends' parents were told that this child "must" be institutionalized. That she would never talk or be capable of anything. Her speech is rudimentary and sometimes difficult to understand but she speaks, dresses and feeds herself. One common feature of Down is having an appestat that doesn't work, so she has to be watched, or she'll eat until she's sick, and she also has to be monitored in the tub, which I've done, because left alone she will compulsively wash one spot on one arm for an hour until she's rubbed her skin off).

And where does it all end? Abort for Down's? For a missing or partial limb? A cleft palate? Imperfection of any kind?

It might end with abortion for no imperfection at all. Oh wait, we already do that.

As a Conservadox Jew I find this joke extremely offensive and inappropriate.

As someone with Depression and Asperger's I am not amused by those who want to deny my right to life.

Even though I believe in Free Speech I do not appreciate Holocaust Jokes.

Hundreds of millions children in History had been killed or died due to neglect. Most of them had defects.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I thought it was if the defect was detected in the womb and they were aborted. My bad.

Killing a baby once it is born is not acceptable. I misread it, in all honesty. I am stupid....

Why is it suddenly "unacceptable"? Everything you said in favor of abortion would still apply. A sudden concern for the lives of "defective" infants by someone who supports their destruction while in the womb is difficult to believe, at least for me.

How am I to know what you really believe? You just like to **** with people, and it's all good and you get something out of it, but it does make it impossible to trust anything you say.

Babies should not be killed unless the parent wants it... and they are severely mentally defective, or physical, but in the womb it should be open season.

As a Conservadox Jew I find this joke extremely offensive and inappropriate.

As someone with Depression and Asperger's I am not amused by those who want to deny my right to life.

Even though I believe in Free Speech I do not appreciate Holocaust Jokes.

Hundreds of millions children in History had been killed or died due to neglect. Most of them had defects.

It's too bad you don't have a right not to be offended then, huh?

Babies should not be killed unless the parent wants it... and they are severely mentally defective, or physical, but in the womb it should be open season.

"Open season" is a very interesting word choice.

Why is it suddenly "unacceptable"? Everything you said in favor of abortion would still apply. A sudden concern for the lives of "defective" infants by someone who supports their destruction while in the womb is difficult to believe, at least for me.

In the poll I said that they should all be killed no matter what... since they are born it should be just parental consent unless it is just so bad that keeping the kid alive is cruel and unusual/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom