• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Send the ACLU a Christmas card

VF500

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Here's their address:

ACLU
125 Broad Street
18th Floor
New York , NY 10004

Be sure the card says "Merry Christmas" and not the generic "Seasons Greetings" or any else as insipid. You might also tell them you hope they enjoy working on Christmas while the rest of us take the days off.

Here's their address:

ACLU
125 Broad Street
18th Floor
New York , NY 10004

http://wearesc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102744

Be sure the card says "Merry Christmas" and not the generic "Seasons Greetings" or any else as insipid. You might also tell them you hope they enjoy working on Christmas while the rest of us take the days off.

Last edited:
Where is Zyphlin the dick-detector when you need him!

Seriously, why harass the ACLU? Kind of juvenile.
I thought the ACLU always denied having a bias against religion, so why would this be harassment? I'm totally going to do this.

Last edited:
You don't need to make duplicate threads. Sending the ACLU a Christmas card won't do anything but show that someone is trying to spitefully attack them. It's not how you win debates or win your opponent over to your beliefs. I'd rather wish the ACLU a "Happy Holidays" and then logically and respectfully argue why people have the right to say "Merry Christmas."

I though the ACLU always denied having a bias against religion, so why would this be harassment? I'm totally going to do this.

You want to know why. This is why

You don't need to make duplicate threads. Sending the ACLU a Christmas card won't do anything but show that someone is trying to spitefully attack them. It's not how you win debates or win your opponent over to your beliefs. I'd rather wish the ACLU a "Happy Holidays" and then logically and respectfully argue why people have the right to say "Merry Christmas."

This is why I have such respect for Digsbe. He doesn't agree with the ACLU on this I bet, but he is going to be respectful and not going to childish games with them.

I get the intent, but it's just harmless tweaking. I like it because it seems they'd have to open every one on the chance there could be some donations with the cards. Maybe this'll keep 'em too busy, for a little bit anyway, to file more silly lawsuits against Christmas trees.

Last edited:
Having worked at the ACLU of Utah in the past, I'm sure that they would accept the greeting in the spirit of the Holiday season. When I worked there, we put all of our Christmas cards on the wall, as we did all of the Holiday greetings that we received.

The OP obviously has no clue as to what the ACLU is all about and has bought into the right-wing propoganda that the ACLU is either anti-Christmas or anti-religion in general, which isn't even close to the truth.

Open your eyes and educate yourself a little. You might discover the truth out there.

I though the ACLU always denied having a bias against religion, so why would this be harassment? I'm totally going to do this.

As I wrote in my previous post to the OP....educate yourself.

The ACLU is not anti-religion and never has been. In fact, the ACLU has stood up for religion in many cases. The ACLU does fight against religious intrusion into government, but fully supports the rights of individuals and private enterprise to practice whatever religion/religious displays that they choose.

Diz, my I call you Diz?, when they went after a cross in the middle of the desert that had been there for 75 years to commemorate WWI vets, the ACLU showed me exactly what they were all about. But, I agree, they're not anti religion per se, just anti Christian.

Last edited:
Diz, my I call you Diz?, when they went after a cross in the middle of the desert that had been there for 75 years to commemorate WWI vets, the ACLU showed me exactly what they were all about. But, I agree, they're not anti religion per se, just anti Christian.

You are obviously relying on right-wing propoganda rather than educating yourself with the facts. There are many cases where the ACLU has taken the side of religion and Christians on causes.

One example that I personally worked on was a case in Utah involving Bible Study. The ACLU wrote an Amicus in favor of the rights of Christian students to have an after-school bible study group. The ACLU took the position that the school district either had to do away with all extra-curricular activities or it could not discriminate against students wants to form an "After-school" bible study group.

My personal favorite case that I worked on when I was in Utah was a case involving beauty pageants.

True Actual story

In Utah there is a town named Beaver. The city charter had a clause that said that any person choosing to run for Miss Beaver had to be able to trace their ancestory back to original descendants of the city. This essentially meant that Miss Beaver had to be White, because there were no minorities amongst the original founders.
The ACLU was contacted by an African-American woman that wanted to run for Miss Beaver. We filed suit and the city backed down.

I remember that I thought it was hilarious that any woman would want to be crowned Miss Beaver.

Moderator's Warning:
Dupe threads merged

I think this is a case of "I'm a conservative and I think Christmas is under attack, and the ACLU is full of dirty liberals so therefore they must be attacking Christmas."

Reality doesn't matter. They're the other side, therefore they must be against the things that I am for.

Here's their address:

ACLU
125 Broad Street
18th Floor
New York , NY 10004

Maybe you should send one to Fox & Friends as well.

fnc-20101211-fnfwarxmas.jpg

Wait... which side of the aisle is starting the "war on Christmas" threads?

I get the intent, but it's just harmless tweaking. I like it because it seems they'd have to open every one on the chance there could be some donations with the cards. Maybe this'll keep 'em too busy, for a little bit anyway, to file more silly lawsuits against Christmas trees.

I doubt the same people who open christmas cards (office staff) are the same people who do the legal stuff (legal staff)

I think this whole thing is funny. :lamo

Where is Zyphlin the dick-detector when you need him!

Seriously, why harass the ACLU? Kind of juvenile.

Why, you ask. Because, they deserve it. That's why. Tell me why they have the right to tell the kids in Tennessee schools not to say Merry Christmas and why should they get to pizz all over everyone else's Christmas enjoyment. Since their business is harrassing other people, they need a good dose of theirown medicine. As Homer Simpson once said,"If you can't make fun of the handicapped, who can you make fun of"? and the ACLU certainly qualifies.

Dennis Miller had a good one. He said all the donkeys in Nativity scenes should be replaced by ACLU members. Great idea.

Oh gee, now you've hurt my feelings. Boo Hoo.

Let's see if I've got this straight. You actually think that it's possible to change the ACLU's mind regarding Christmas with logical debate? Yeeaaaahh. That could work.

I doubt the same people who open christmas cards (office staff) are the same people who do the legal stuff (legal staff)

Yeah, probably. And different water goes to toilets than to sinks too. :lamo

Back
Top Bottom