• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia Pulls Out of Nuclear Treaty in ‘Symmetrical’ Response to U.S. Move

Christ Trump never gave Putin our blessing to do anything, Putin broke the agreement and stock piled missiles so your telling me because of that agreement that he paid no attention too, he was never going to use those missiles because of that agreement he never paid attention too.

Does the word "naive" mean anything to you.

As for our allies in Europe, called NATO is stronger today than ever before because of Trump. Trump is the only person that said to NATO to pay their share of the NATO agreement. And as a result NATO is pouring in more billion into upgrading their military than ever before.

You are naive if you think Trump withdrawing first from an agreement that banned medium range missiles benefited anyone but Putin. He is the aggressor and he should have been confronted with that fact. Instead Trump has made it appear that the decision was mutual.

So....are we less safe because of this?

Our (former) allies in Europe are the big losers but the entire world is less safe. We have deserted the E.U. again and they are going to be looking to Russia to make deals for their security. It's another big win for Putin. So much winning.

Our (former) allies in Europe are the big losers but the entire world is less safe. We have deserted the E.U. again and they are going to be looking to Russia to make deals for their security.

So how is the world more "safe" when Russia can build such missiles, but the USA can't?

You are about to discover that there is a small, unsubtle difference between the possible violation of the treaty by testing an intermediate range delivery system and actually manufacturing a fleet of intermediate range nuclear weapons and placing them where they will raise tensions to the same levels as in the 1980's.

But hey, at least you can say the guy you put into office has "a pair," so living with the threat of imminent nuclear annihilation will have been totally worth it.

giphy.gif

:roll:

So how is the world more "safe" when Russia can build such missiles, but the USA can't?

LOL We already have cruise missiles and have for decades. Putin can now openly deploy theirs to target every capital in the E.U. and can do it with our blessing. What kind of message does that send to our NATO allies? That they are on their own, that's the message and it is music to Putin's ears.

Weak, and still butthurt. AND paranoid.

And bought into a load of bull**** from a left wing conspiracy theory web site. :roll:
Well, anything that keeps the preferred and demanded narrative alive, reality doesn't matter much. But what'd you expect?

Christ Trump never gave Putin our blessing to do anything, Putin broke the agreement and stock piled missiles so your telling me because of that agreement that he paid no attention too, he was never going to use those missiles because of that agreement he never paid attention too.

Does the word "naive" mean anything to you.

As for our allies in Europe, called NATO is stronger today than ever before because of Trump. Trump is the only person that said to NATO to pay their share of the NATO agreement. And as a result NATO is pouring in more billion into upgrading their military than ever before.

Quoted for truth.

All of these facts, and these simpletons can't help themselves but continue parroting the talking points they've been given. Quite sad.

Trump already knew that Russia wasn't complying with the treaty. Ever hear of the PDB?
He also knew that the NATO nations knew about it and were concerned about it.
He also knew that the US would come to NATO nation's aide should Russia take military action, of course the US would.
Better to have the NATO nations beef up their military to act as more of a deterrent to Putin and Russia.
The NATO nations are in a far better geographic position to respond more quickly than US forces could, especially if those forces have to arrive in theater from the mainland US (many hours to days).

SO he uses the Russian non-compliance as leverage to get the NATO nations to spend what they've agreed to, rather than relying on the US for most everything.

And Trump's quite right to do so, as we've seen, it took quite a bit of 'motivating' to get the NATO nations to beef up their military, as they promised.

I guess that depends on how safe you felt during the 80's.

Our (former) allies in Europe are the big losers but the entire world is less safe. We have deserted the E.U. again and they are going to be looking to Russia to make deals for their security. It's another big win for Putin. So much winning.

1. Russia and the U.S. have had like a gazillion nukes for forever now. There's no more greater threat now than has always existed.

2. What are ya'll complaining about? You've all been pushing to have ramped up tensions with Russia for quite a while now. Haven't ya'll be complaining we've been too nicey-nicey with them? Well, this is a natural result from ramped up tensions so you should be happy.

LOL We already have cruise missiles and have for decades. Putin can now openly deploy theirs to target every capital in the E.U. and can do it with our blessing. What kind of message does that send to our NATO allies? That they are on their own, that's the message and it is music to Putin's ears.

LOL. INF = INTERMEDIATE.
As Reagan might say "The blame America first" crowd roars again.

1. Russia and the U.S. have had like a gazillion nukes for forever now. There's no more greater threat now than has always existed.

Read the article outlining the reason for the INF treaty's existence in the first place.

2. What are ya'll complaining about? You've all been pushing to have ramped up tensions with Russia for quite a while now. Haven't ya'll be complaining we've been too nicey-nicey with them? Well, this is a natural result from ramped up tensions so you should be happy.

If I was complaining about anything it was that a hostile foreign government shouldn't have planted one of their selected candidates in the White House, which I think is reasonable.

LOL So the blame America first crowd rears it's ugly head. Why are you so afraid to be truthful and admit Putin is the one responsible for the "ramped up temsions"? Is it because our President is lying about it too? This is all about the Europeans who used to depend on us to thwart Russian aggression. Now they need to make deals with Putin. The message is quite clear and very disconcerting.

Last edited:
Read the article outlining the reason for the INF treaty's existence in the first place.

If I was complaining about anything it was that a hostile foreign government shouldn't have planted one of their selected candidates in the White House, which I think is reasonable.

I'm not sure how you're confused here. Nothing has disputed the point I made in #1 and if you believe that Trump is a plant then you should be really happy that we now have such poor relations. Again, that's what ya'll have wanted. You should be happy.

LOL So the blame America first crowd rears it's ugly head. Why are you so afraid to be truthful and admit Putin is the one responsible for the "ramped up temsions"? Is it because our President is lying about it too? This is all about the Europeans who used to depend on us to thwart Russian aggression. Now they need to make deals with Putin. The message is quite clear and very disconcerting.

I see you've written some words and made some claims, but have come up short with providing anything to back it up.

I'm not sure how you're confused here. Nothing has disputed the point I made in #1 and if you believe that Trump is a plant then you should be really happy that we now have such poor relations. Again, that's what ya'll have wanted. You should be happy.

You're the one who seems unclear on the reason for the INF treaty in the first place. However, I'm zero percent surprised that every trump supporter has entered this thread without learning the most rudimentary aspect of the topic.

I see you've written some words and made some claims, but have come up short with providing anything to back it up.

LOL So we are all supposed to be impressed by your profound lack of knowledge? Being incurious by nature is not a virtue so stop emulating Trump. How is this summary withdrawal from one of the most important arms treaties of the cold war not a victory for Putin and one that specifically threatens our European allies? Who is the aggressor that by cheating on their agreement received vindication that the agreement was "unfair" to them and must be rescinded?

You're the one who seems unclear on the reason for the INF treaty in the first place. However, I'm zero percent surprised that every trump supporter has entered this thread without learning the most rudimentary aspect of the topic.

Does the U.S. and Russia have enough nukes to blow up the entire world a few times over already or do they not?

They are all trying to emulate the "clueless excuse" that our incurious President uses when he is doing Putin''s bidding. Trump is so outclassed by Putin it is disgusting.

Does the U.S. and Russia have enough nukes to blow up the entire world a few times over already or do they not?

Yes and this agreement was implemented so it would not get even worse. The fact that we are bring "tactical" nukes back on the paying field is upping the chances of worldwide destruction.

Yes and this agreement was implemented so it would not get even worse. The fact that we are bring "tactical" nukes back on the paying field is upping the chances of worldwide destruction.

Blame America first

As everyone here seems to agree, Russia has been breaking the treaty. It is not yet explained how this is the USA"s fault.

LOL So we are all supposed to be impressed by your profound lack of knowledge? Being incurious by nature is not a virtue so stop emulating Trump. How is this summary withdrawal from one of the most important arms treaties of the cold war not a victory for Putin and one that specifically threatens our European allies? Who is the aggressor that by cheating on their agreement received vindication that the agreement was "unfair" to them and must be rescinded?

So...more fluff and no content. Got it. I mean...I'm sure it works great when preaching to the choir but it just doesn't work under scrutiny.

So...more fluff and no content. Got it. I mean...I'm sure it works great when preaching to the choir but it just doesn't work under scrutiny.

And no answer from you to my question. You need more than creating doubt to be credible. Here are 10 ways that Trump is doing Putn's bidding. This latest blunder makes 11.

Putin’s return on investment from Trump’s presidency has been significant.

Here are ten ways that Putin has received his payout:

Putin’s Goal: Weaken and divide the transatlantic alliance.
Putin’s Payout: Trump undermines US relationships with European allies and calls the US’s commitment to NATO into question.
Putin’s Goal: Degrade the European Union and foster pro-Russian political movements.
Putin’s Payout: Trump attacks the EU and actively supports anti-EU, Kremlin-backed parties.
Putin’s Goal: Disrupt American leadership of the global economic order.
Putin’s Payout: Trump is eagerly pushing for an all-out trade war with Europe.
Putin’s Goal: Build global resentment and distrust towards the US and stoke anti-American sentiment.
Putin’s Payout: America’s closest allies are explicitly suspicious and distrusting of the US because of Trump’s rhetoric and actions.
Putin’s Goal: Relieve economic and domestic political pressure from US sanctions on Russia.
Putin’s Payout: Trump tries to roll back, impede, and blunt the impact of sanctions at every step.
Putin’s Goal: Legitimize his regime in the eyes of the world.
Putin’s Payout: Trump repeatedly praises and defends Putin, lending the weight of the US presidency providing validation towards Putin’s cause.
Putin’s Goal: Revive Russia’s status as a great power and gain international recognition for its illegal seizure of Crimea.
Putin’s Payout: Trump publicly says that Crimea is part of Russia and calls for Russia to be welcomed back into the international community with no concessions.
Putin’s Goal: Continue to sow discord in Western democracies and avoid repercussions for interfering in US and European elections.
Putin’s Payout: Trump dismisses Russian interference and has done nothing to prevent future interference, putting him at odds with his own intelligence community.
Putin’s Goal: Soften America’s adversarial stance toward Russia.
Putin’s Payout: Trump is shifting the Republican Party’s generations-long hawkish views on Russia.
Putin’s Goal: Destabilize the US from within.
Putin’s Payout: Trump attacks US institutions while driving divisive politics and eroding democratic norms.
The pattern is clear: Putin has received—and continues to receive—a good payout on his investment.

https://themoscowproject.org/reports/putins-payout-10-ways-trump-has-supported-putins-foreign-policy-agenda/

Why should we be happy that we have a Kremlin stooge for a President?

How does it get "worse" when multiple times complete death already exists?

Come back when you know anything at all about this topic.

Back
Top Bottom