• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Russia Pulls Out of Nuclear Treaty in ‘Symmetrical’ Response to U.S. Move

Why should we be happy that we have a Kremlin stooge for a President?

I thought you were actually going to provide something.

Come back when you know anything at all about this topic.

Your second dodge has been noted. We both know the reason you dodge it is because it undermines the point.

Your second dodge has been noted. We both know the reason you dodge it is because it undermines the point.

Rather than come back and demonstrate that you know nothing over and over again, you could have spent some of this time actually educating yourself on the reason for the INF treaty's existence. Why do you feel that appearing ignorant is a better use of your time than learning about a topic you're choosing to participate in?

Why should we be happy that we have a Kremlin stooge for a President?

Here is the real stooge:

Putin told Obamafail to stay out of Crimea and he said yes sir. How stupid was that???
Putin told Obamafail to NOT sell arms to Ukrainian and he said yes sir. How stupid was that.
Putin told Obamafail to NOT put our missile defense shield in NATO, he again says yes sir. How stupid was that.
Obamafail asked Putin of all people to certify that all of Syria’s WMD were taking out of Syria and Putin lied to Obamafail. How stupid was that?
Obamafail told Russia that once he is reelected he can be more flexible to what Putin wants. How stupid was that. Obamafail loved Putin and did whatever Putin wanted. How stupid was that. Watch the video.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...ebe22615f3d65bfe65b0b38fafc50134&action=click
Obama lays down his RED LINE on Syria and Putin tells Obama no you don't, you don't do a damn thing.

Obama was Putin's stooge.

Here is the real stooge:

Putin told Obamafail to stay out of Crimea and he said yes sir. How stupid was that???
Putin told Obamafail to NOT sell arms to Ukrainian and he said yes sir. How stupid was that.
Putin told Obamafail to NOT put our missile defense shield in NATO, he again says yes sir. How stupid was that.
Obamafail asked Putin of all people to certify that all of Syria’s WMD were taking out of Syria and Putin lied to Obamafail. How stupid was that?
Obamafail told Russia that once he is reelected he can be more flexible to what Putin wants. How stupid was that. Obamafail loved Putin and did whatever Putin wanted. How stupid was that. Watch the video.
https://video.search.yahoo.com/sear...ebe22615f3d65bfe65b0b38fafc50134&action=click
Obama lays down his RED LINE on Syria and Putin tells Obama no you don't, you don't do a damn thing.

Obama was Putin's stooge.

"No puppet, you're the puppet."

"No puppet, you're the puppet."

Yeah you always avoid the truth. Typical of liberals, you can't stand by Obama's policies and you hate the fact Trump's policies are successful and that he is trying his best to right the wrongs that have been kicked down the road for decades.

This latest border BS, all the heads of your party voted for a wall in the past, but now because of your hatred of Trump over the people you now say a wall does not work and it's immoral. Really then where is the legislation from Pelosi to take down the wall because it's doesn't work and is immoral. Tell me why in the hell would she want a wall on her state with Mexico that does not work and is immoral. Fact is she's a liar otherwise she would take it down. And you believe her Bull ****.

Rather than come back and demonstrate that you know nothing over and over again, you could have spent some of this time actually educating yourself on the reason for the INF treaty's existence. Why do you feel that appearing ignorant is a better use of your time than learning about a topic you're choosing to participate in?

Lol...someone is showing their ignorance...and dishonesty, for sure. Again, that's the 3rd time you've dodged the point brought up in the question. But..ah...I've already established your penchant for dishonesty, over and over again. This is just your MO.

How does it get "worse" when multiple times complete death already exists?

Because the more WMD's that exist the more chance of them being used. What do you think non-proliferation treaties are for? Besides the IMF treaty was specifically designed to ratchet down tensions in Europe and now those tensions are being increased. Putin is now free to target even more countries and intends to use that to bully them into cooperating with his goals.

Trump has just made the world an objectively more dangerous place. The speed with which Russia exited the INF treaty and moved to create new, previously banned weapons strongly suggests that this was at least one of the topics that Putin and Trump discussed in private.

There's no putting the genie back into this bottle. The new nuclear arms race has begun and no future Congress or President can stop it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/02/world/europe/russia-inf-treaty.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

It appears that Putin played Trump like a fiddle.

Lol...someone is showing their ignorance...and dishonesty, for sure. Again, that's the 3rd time you've dodged the point brought up in the question. But..ah...I've already established your penchant for dishonesty, over and over again. This is just your MO.

You started participating in this thread about four hours and fifty minutes ago. In that nearly five hours, it would have taken you five minutes at most to gain the most cursory understanding of the topic by reading up on the reason for the existence of the INF treaty. And yet you seem to have made it your mission to learn nothing at all. Why? What drives people like you to be deliberately ignorant?

Because the more WMD's that exist the more chance of them being used. What do you think non-proliferation treaties are for? Besides the IMF treaty was specifically designed to ratchet down tensions in Europe and now those tensions are being increased. Putin is now free to target even more countries and intends to use that to bully them into cooperating with his goals.

That's only true when talking about new countries getting them. The countries we are talking about already have enough to kill everyone by themself. MAD already exists here.

You started participating in this thread about four hours and fifty minutes ago. In that nearly five hours, it would have taken you five minutes at most to gain the most cursory understanding of the topic by reading up on the reason for the existence of the INF treaty. And yet you seem to have made it your mission to learn nothing at all. Why? What drives people like you to be deliberately ignorant?

A 4th dodge. Such a pathetic and blatantly transparent display of dishonesty. Answer the question.

Why does Putin's statement that Russia will only respond to an American first strike, not reassure me?

A 4th dodge. Such a pathetic and blatantly transparent display of dishonesty. Answer the question.

It's been nearly six hours since you first started participating in this discussion, and you still haven't taken so much as five minutes to educate yourself on the topic.

It's been nearly six hours since you first started participating in this discussion, and you still haven't taken so much as five minutes to educate yourself on the topic.

A 5th dodge now. Answer the question.

A 5th dodge now. Answer the question.

Here's my prediction: you will never educate yourself on this topic, because by now you've taken it as a strange point of pride to debate the issue while completely ignorant about it.

Here's my prediction: you will never educate yourself on this topic, because by now you've taken it as a strange point of pride to debate the issue while completely ignorant about it.

6 dodges now. I predict the number of your dodges will be innumerable.

Trump has just made the world an objectively more dangerous place. The speed with which Russia exited the INF treaty and moved to create new, previously banned weapons strongly suggests that this was at least one of the topics that Putin and Trump discussed in private.

There's no putting the genie back into this bottle. The new nuclear arms race has begun and no future Congress or President can stop it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/02/world/europe/russia-inf-treaty.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

This should surprise no one. The companies that produce and support these weapons are active lobbyists. Here is a short list (there are more), and it is a very lucrative business:

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/nuclear-weapons-these-companies-manage-americas-stockpile

Tell me what good upholding a treaty that the other party reneges on is.

The good is that it maintains our international reputation and puts negative pressure on the one reneging.

Saying "because you did it, I'll do it too" is the kind of tit for tat foreign policy that Trump revels in.

It's going to cost us dearly.

It takes two to hold up both "ends". What part of 'they haven't abided by the terms of the agreement ( and continued to develop IRBMs, putting US troops and allies at risk)' did you not understand? Do you want to go along blithely pretending to be a Democrat and allowing the opposition to continue their nefarious ways without calling them out? Fortunately, we currently have a leader with a pair, a big improvement over the last eight years.

See my post above.

Just because they reneged it's not excuse for us to do the same.

It's certainly no excuse for us to start building bigger and more deadly nuclear weapons after we have been in the process of reducing our stock of them for years now.

This is a totally reversal of all the good previous Presidents have tried to do in this department.

The good is that it maintains our international reputation and puts negative pressure on the one reneging.

Saying "because you did it, I'll do it too" is the kind of tit for tat foreign policy that Trump revels in.

It's going to cost us dearly.

If there was negative pressure on Russia, there would not have been a violation.
It needs to be overhauled. China is not a party too the treaty, and they have been designing and building such weapons. All it's been doing is hamstring ing the USA.

I'm not sure you get how treaties work.

Even NATO and Europe back the US response to get out of a treaty only one side was complying with so how can you twist this into being anti-Trump?

See my post above.

Just because they reneged it's not excuse for us to do the same.

It's certainly no excuse for us to start building bigger and more deadly nuclear weapons after we have been in the process of reducing our stock of them for years now.

This is a totally reversal of all the good previous Presidents have tried to do in this department.

Well, there's the difference. They NEVER upheld their end of the agreement after the teams that verified the destruction of their missiles departed. Yes, we had teams in Russia that actually verified those actions, as they did here and in Europe. Then they continued to develop and produce "bigger and more deadly nuclear weapons". Now comes a President who acts on their treacherous actions.

In light of Russia's actions, tell me, just what "good" did previous Presidents actually accomplish? Put off the inevitable? It seems to me that it has made us unable to properly to respond the threats they present to the free world, yet you want us to idly sit by and, like the wimpy Presidents you tout, allow them to continue without even calling them out?

What exactly makes you think we have already embarked on a major acquisition program for new nuclear weapons? Or are you just fear mongering?

Well, there's the difference. They NEVER upheld their end of the agreement after the teams that verified the destruction of their missiles departed. Yes, we had teams in Russia that actually verified those actions, as they did here and in Europe. Then they continued to develop and produce "bigger and more deadly nuclear weapons". Now comes a President who acts on their treacherous actions.

In light of Russia's actions, tell me, just what "good" did previous Presidents actually accomplish? Put off the inevitable? It seems to me that it has made us unable to properly to respond the threats they present to the free world, yet you want us to idly sit by and, like the wimpy Presidents you tout, allow them to continue without even calling them out?

What exactly makes you think we have already embarked on a major acquisition program for new nuclear weapons? Or are you just fear mongering?

I have a more relevant question. Why should we develop bigger weapons just because that's what Russia is doing? We already have enough to nuke the surface of Earth several times over. Why does the U.S. have to do it? Russia developing bigger weapons does not change our security dilemma because we already have enough. So why aren't we taking the higher ground instead doing this tit for tat thing that Trump likes to do?

Trump has already said that he gave the OK for the develop of stronger nukes. Here is one link that discusses it.

Don't call me a fear monger if you want me to take you seriously. Keep it civil, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom