• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Romney: "Very Disappointing" For Obama to Politicize Bin Laden

Nah dont even try it buddy...only the middleclass is overtaxed...need I remind you about apple..GE...the top 10 corps paying under 9% and Your new Hero mitt romney paying a less % of federal tax than I did....turtle....you cant whine your way through this buddy...ALL THE EVIDENCE is against your version

Our tax code is an embarrasment. I paid a 23% effective tax rate and i made 52000 dollars. Mitt romney the millionaire gets away with having offshore tax dodging accounts and paying a 14% tax rate.

Lets see some proof he was a member of the tea party

he might have well been a tea bagger but then again people with those sorts of fetishes tend to be on your side of the political aisle

Its been proven time and time again. I will not derail this thread any longer. I will leave you with your false opinion.

Our tax code is an embarrasment. I paid a 23% effective tax rate and i made 52000 dollars. Mitt romney the millionaire gets away with having offshore tax dodging accounts and paying a 14% tax rate.

Stop lying-you didn't pay an effective FEDERAL INCOME TAX RATE ON 52,000 dollars the MARGINAL rate on money between 35,350 and 85,650 is only 25% and your first 35,350 was taxed at 0 (,8700), 15% (put to 35,350)

do the math, there is NO WAY you could pay an effective rate on 52K of 22%

you are probably adding in other forms of taxes which is DISHONEST

Its been proven time and time again. I will not derail this thread any longer. I will leave you with your false opinion.

when truth raises its ugly head 99percenter bravely fled

Stop lying-you didn't pay an effective FEDERAL INCOME TAX RATE ON 52,000 dollars the MARGINAL rate on money between 35,350 and 85,650 is only 25% and your first 35,350 was taxed at 0 (,8700), 15% (put to 35,350)

do the math, there is NO WAY you could pay an effective rate on 52K of 22%

you are probably adding in other forms of taxes which is DISHONEST

Federal income tax 13%
Illinois income tax 5%
pay roll tax 5.65%.

And dont respond with the silly assertion that the payroll tax isnt a tax.

Federal income tax 13%
Illinois income tax 5%
pay roll tax 5.65%.

And dont respond with the silly assertion that the payroll tax isnt a tax.

so you are comparing three taxes to Romney's one

you don't take into account his death taxes that he will ultimately pay that you will not

so you are dishonest. Your federal income tax is lower than his

and he pays more in a quarter than you pay in a decade. in other words, he is a net tax producer, you are not

so you are comparing three taxes to Romney's one

you don't take into account his death taxes that he will ultimately pay that you will not

so you are dishonest. Your federal income tax is lower than his

and he pays more in a quarter than you pay in a decade. in other words, he is a net tax producer, you are not

You uneducated buffoon. I was said my EFFECTIVE TAX RATE is higher.

You uneducated buffoon. I was said my EFFECTIVE TAX RATE is higher.

Again you are lying because you combined all your taxes and you only know what Romney's tax on investment income is. You have no clue what his tax in Mass is. is.

comparing apples to apples

Romney pays a higher rate on earned income than 99percenter does

He pays a higher rate on investment income

payroll "taxes" are not designed to be progressive

what is Mass's income tax

what about the death tax

bottom line, 99Percenter does not pay a higher effective rate on like taxes than Romney does

still stuck on the stupid belief that its tax rates that matter rather than percentage of the income tax burden

Your Burden has gone way down and us in the top one percent pay far more of the income tax burden than we did 30 years ago.

you seem to think marginal rates are fixed and that if they go down it means your burden goes up

no wonder you are stuck where you are

Yup tax rates absolutely matter..or you wouldnt be whining incessantly about lowering them now would you...and if they didnt matter you would have gotten them reduced already by a full 50% since 1981...and you still cant grasp that capitol gains taxs are a JOKE...when a guy like romney can be a skid sit on his ass and not work and make millions in investment income and pay less % than I did....listen turtle..all the old tired republican talking points from the 80s and 90s have been exposed...NO AMERICAN has so much as felt a single DROP of trickle down...Ive been waiting decades for some trickle and they havent even pissed on my head....please no one with even half a brain falls for the lies anymore....the rich ruined this country and put it in debt by employing chinese and for every chinese they gave an americans job to...thats an american out of WORK and not paying taxs and possibly getting pubic assistance...all so the rich could get richer..>THEN WHINE the working class who has nothing dont pay enough taxs....its a pathetic argument that does hold squat...

[video]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-24-2012/indecision-2012---i-know-what-you-did-last-quarter[/video]

Last edited:
Romney: "Very Disappointing" For Obama To Politicize Bin Laden Death | RealClearPolitics

I'm kinda with Romney on this one--at least that it shouldn't be a matter of pretending that Romney WOULDN'T have done it. To me, that's just silly. Romney had the exact right response: "Any thinking person would have done the same thing."

On the other hand, Bush got re-elected (or elected) solely on the fact that a SECOND major terrorist attack didn't happen on his watch. That "achievement" was the entire basis for his election campaign.

Obama is at least tied to having played a crucial role in getting something important accomplished, as opposed to Bush's claim to fame which was not screwing up again (which he just managed to do in other ways).

In any event, its got to be as fair as Republicans somehow claiming not having ANOTHER 9-11 as their "achievement."

I still don't know how ANYONE bought that...

Catch Stewart tonight and watch Bush and Romeny's adivsor doing this and worse. Wouldn't it be great if we all had actually memories? Or that maybe we had taped some of this stuff?

[video]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-january-24-2012/indecision-2012---i-know-what-you-did-last-quarter[/video]

You beat me to it. :thumbs:

Actually, tonights will be even better.

Last edited:
Loughner was a tea party conservative who was inspired by a sarah palin's violent map and call to "lock and reload."

He liked conspiracy theory youtube videos more than the Tea Party rhetoric.

You may want to change your lean to : Liberal

how do you know that? all our generals said otherwise.. and he wasnt in Iraq. we went into Iraq over "oil for food" and Saddams funding of terror and WMD violations and not allowing for inspections, all which were the cornerstone of oil for food..

I sense Im wasting time...

My lean has nothing to do with the topic, so why don't you try and stick to that.

As for Saddam's funding of terror, that was nothing but one of the lies that got us into Iraq. Al Qaeda had a fatwah out against Saddam at the time because of his secularism. WMD's another lie, and of course, WMD's were never found.

And yes, as long as you keep regurgitating the pablum puke of Bushnevik talking heads, you are wasting your time.

Last edited:
Romney: "Very Disappointing" For Obama To Politicize Bin Laden Death | RealClearPolitics

I'm kinda with Romney on this one--at least that it shouldn't be a matter of pretending that Romney WOULDN'T have done it. To me, that's just silly. Romney had the exact right response: "Any thinking person would have done the same thing."

On the other hand, Bush got re-elected (or elected) solely on the fact that a SECOND major terrorist attack didn't happen on his watch. That "achievement" was the entire basis for his election campaign.

Obama is at least tied to having played a crucial role in getting something important accomplished, as opposed to Bush's claim to fame which was not screwing up again (which he just managed to do in other ways).

In any event, its got to be as fair as Republicans somehow claiming not having ANOTHER 9-11 as their "achievement."

Romney will hav to get used to it.

wrong. but you knew that.

Reagan did arm binLaden when he was fighting the Russians. There's a bit of blame there. Not a lot, but since we're playing Monday morning QB and blaming every other President....

I don't get the issue - it's been politicized from the very beginning. . . I fail to see why people would expect it to stop being so right now all of a sudden.

*facepalm*

Stewart nails the entire non-issue... first segement.

[video]http://www.debatepolitics.com/2012-us-presidential-election/125009-romney-very-disappointing-obama-politicize-bin-laden.html[/video]

All Politics...Im older than most of you...and every single president either tooted their own horn on their military accomplishments or took credit for someone elses....Lets give credit where its due ok....I think Bush did a great job when 911 first happened in giving the country confidence...to his credit and Obamas theres been no major attack on our soil since....Now lets give OBAMA credit for capturing and killing Many many big name terrorists...
I think theres plenty of praise to go around here and lots of blame too...but its a two way street....
Tis the season for tearing the other side apart for anything real or contrived....take till the election with a grain of salt...and believe what your brain tells your heart is the truth

I think Bush did a great job when 911 first happened in giving the country confidence...to his credit and Obamas theres been no major attack on our soil since....Now lets give OBAMA credit for capturing and killing Many many big name terrorists...

Quoted for truth. Thank you.

Well Obama did give the order.... Don't like him, but Republicans should focus on other issues because it's obvious that Republicans support the war on terrorism.

Back
Top Bottom