• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Revealed: pro-Trump activists plotted violence ahead of Portland rallies

The mounting evidence is that the most extreme violence, killings, is against protesters and not by BLM protesters. You can't show that violence is being caused by LW protesters. Many extreme RW orgs are showing up at BLM protest open-carrying AR-15s, wearing camo and body armor. RW orgs are responsible for more killings in the US, regardless of protest, incl killing LEOs, than any other group of any kind.

Provide your "mounting evidence."

I have seen little evidence of "right wing" violence at these various city "protests."

As for your claim we can't show "that violence is being caused by LW protesters?" I don't know where YOUR eyes have been focused, but anyone with OPEN eyes can see the MASS of video evidence in Portland, Seattle, NYC, and on and on where it is the ANTIFAS, and BLM, and "supporters" doing the smashing, hitting, bashing, burning, assaulting, etc., etc., etc. over the last 5 months.

Only someone who is willfully blind, probably by their own confirmation bias, could fail to see this. :rolleyes:

Ive been researching the far right for about 3-4 years now. They have distinct goals of ratcheting up tensions and blending in while trying to look innocent. They’ve done it in portland for years, even as far back as the claim that antifa was bringing hammers to a portland rally to the bowman trying to play innocent when he threatened people with a hunting knife and a bow.

Actually, skinhead and white supremacist groups have done that for years.

They have always hidden in the shadows. knowing full well, that decent people are repulsed by their bigotry.

But, in Trump, they have a hero. One of their own. And they’ve come out into the daylight. In Charlottesville, and in numerous places where they have shown up to “defend” people who didn’t ask to be defended. All because they passed around a rumor one of them made up.

Don't pretend they're benevolent. Vigilantes going out of their way to pick a fight aren't "responding" to anything except their own bitterness and hatred. This is what escalation looks like.
Here's peaceful Joe Biggs. Proud boy leader...

joebiggs.jpg

violence.jpeg

I have seen little evidence of "right wing" violence at these various city "protests."

As for your claim we can't show "that violence is being caused by LW protesters?" I don't know where YOUR eyes have been focused, but anyone with OPEN eyes can see the MASS of video evidence in Portland, Seattle, NYC, and on and on where it is the ANTIFAS, and BLM, and "supporters" doing the smashing, hitting, bashing, burning, assaulting, etc., etc., etc. over the last 5 months.

Only someone who is willfully blind, probably by their own confirmation bias, could fail to see this. :rolleyes:
If you've not seen it then your eyes are clearly closed.

Right-wing extremists are turning cars into weapons, with reports of at least 50 vehicle-ramming incidents since protests against police violence erupted nationwide in late May.​
At least 18 are categorized as deliberate attacks; another two dozen are unclear as to motivation or are still under investigation​

Last edited:
If you've not seen it then your eyes are clearly closed.

Really, lets see:

First you give us an article asserting a threat while using examples back in a prior Presidency, and very old.

Next you provide an opinion piece, which doesn't cite any actual incidents of violence...except accusing Rittenhouse's actions as "right wing" as opposed to self-defense. :rolleyes:

Next a bunch of speculation based on alleged "investigation info." :rolleyes:

Then a WaPo "fact check" opinion piece? I'd trust a little old lady tea leaf reader before I accepted any "WaPo fact-checks." 🤷‍♂️

Meanwhile, we have video evidence after video evidence of ANTIFAS, BLM, and other "gangs" assaulting people, destroying property, committing arson, and killing people.

I might have agreed with concerns about right wing violence, back in the day. Mostly concerning individual nut-jobs acting out their crazy end-days mental scenarios.

But not today. These days we can see with our own eyes hundreds of members of organized Left-Wing groups, and thousands of follow-ons doing all the harms we see occurring.

Trying to defect to a ghostly "White Supremacist" bugaboo when a Leftist "Godzilla" is busy trying to destroy this nation is sheer nonsense.

Last edited:
Really, lets see:

This is an opinion piece, and doesn't cite any actual incidents of violence...except accusing Rittenhouse's actions as "right wing" as opposed to self-defense. :rolleyes:

Speculation based on alleged "investigation info." :rolleyes:

WaPo "fact check" opinion piece? I'd trust a little old lady tea leave reader before I accepted any "WaPo fact-checks."

Meanwhile, we have video evidence after video evidence of ANTIFAS, BLM, and other "gangs" assaulting people, destroying property, committing arson, and killing people.

I might have agreed with concerns about right wing violence, back in the day. Mostly concerning individual nut-jobs acting out their crazy end-days mental scenarios.

But not today. These days were has hundreds of of members of Left-Wing groups, and thousands of follow-ons doing all the harms we see occurring.

Trying to defect to a ghostly "White Supremacist" bugaboo when a Leftist "Godzilla" is busy trying to destroy this nation is sheer nonsense.
Whatever misinfo bubble you want to live in is your choice. WaPo means less to you than project veritas so that says a helluva lot more about you than WaPo.

Whatever misinfo bubble you want to live in is your choice. WaPo means less to you than project veritas so that says a helluva lot more about you than WaPo.

And there goes your go-to deflection (again) and personal attack. Typical. :rolleyes:

Tagline time. :coffee:

And there goes your go-to deflection (again) and personal attack. Typical. :rolleyes:

Tagline time. :coffee:
A conservative playing the victim card. Everyone drink. Everyone prepare your livers.

Really, lets see:

First you give us an article asserting a threat while using examples back in a prior Presidency, and very old.

Next you provide an opinion piece, which doesn't cite any actual incidents of violence...except accusing Rittenhouse's actions as "right wing" as opposed to self-defense. :rolleyes:

Next a bunch of speculation based on alleged "investigation info." :rolleyes:

Then a WaPo "fact check" opinion piece? I'd trust a little old lady tea leaf reader before I accepted any "WaPo fact-checks." 🤷‍♂️

But not today. These days we can see with our own eyes hundreds of members of organized Left-Wing groups, and thousands of follow-ons doing all the harms we see occurring.

These days the. “individual nut jobs” are all on 8chan, spreading rumors they made up about non existant Antifa attacks, so they all can show up with their guns to “protect” people that don’t want them around from an attack they made up in the first place (and all the while, hoping that one of their pictures shows up on Fox News, or at least Twitter).

For the most part, a lot of these guys are as pathetic and belligerant as Trump.

That isn’t what the evidence shows. The evidence shows “protestors” murdering a guard so they can loot a pawn shop. The evidence shows “protestors” walking up behind someone and shooting him dead for no reason. The evidence shows tens of millions of dollars in property damage and destruction at minimum. Wearing camo is not violence. Arson, looting, and cold blooded murder is.

You can't show evidence that the prop damage and violence is caused by BLM or LW anymore than the RW that is known to be mixed in the crowd. The great majority of protest is non-violent. Those that commit prop dmg and violence are not protestors. They are vandals and assailants.

About 93% of racial justice protests in the US have been peaceful, a new report finds:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/us/blm-protests-peaceful-report-trnd/index.html

Devin Burghart, president of the Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights, said his organization has found evidence of Boogaloo and other far-right extremist groups at 40 protests related to Floyd’s death, including some in Kansas City and Wichita:
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article243553662.html

What is your evidence?

Well, apparently it's not 'BLM' causing the violence in much of the Portland rallies. Who would have thunk it?

Nobody that has watched any film of what happened in Portland thinks the left is not responsible for the overwhelming violence in it's many forms in Portland. Fires, looting of businesses, attacks on police, all clearly show the BLM, Antifa supporters leading the way for the past 4 months.

These days the. “individual nut jobs” are all on 8chan, spreading rumors they made up about non existant Antifa attacks, so they all can show up with their guns to “protect” people that don’t want them around from an attack they made up in the first place (and all the while, hoping that one of their pictures shows up on Fox News, or at least Twitter).

For the most part, a lot of these guys are as pathetic and belligerant as Trump.
So all those video clips of BLM or ANTIFA supporters holding signs in the midst of burning, looting, assaults on cops, hurling projectiles, molotov cocktails, attacking civililians, were really far right radicals? That's rich. Want to know why the countrys a mess, the left can't ever admit when it's fn up.

Nobody that has watched any film of what happened in Portland thinks the left is not responsible for the overwhelming violence in it's many forms in Portland. Fires, looting of businesses, attacks on police, all clearly show the BLM, Antifa supporters leading the way for the past 4 months.

Only the right wing make that claim. People who look at evidence think otherwise

You can't show evidence that the prop damage and violence is caused by BLM or LW anymore than the RW that is known to be mixed in the crowd. The great majority of protest is non-violent. Those that commit prop dmg and violence are not protestors. They are vandals and assailants.

About 93% of racial justice protests in the US have been peaceful, a new report finds:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/04/us/blm-protests-peaceful-report-trnd/index.html

Devin Burghart, president of the Institute for Research and Education on Human Rights, said his organization has found evidence of Boogaloo and other far-right extremist groups at 40 protests related to Floyd’s death, including some in Kansas City and Wichita:
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article243553662.html

What is your evidence?

I’ve personally witnessed it in this city and there is copious video footage. 93% are peaceful? Baloney. The parties are commingled and the activity occurs concurrently. So at what point do the researchers make a distinction and why?

I said “It has yet been proven that the LW is the only cause of both violence and prop damage”. To which you replied “Perhaps, but it is eminently clear that they are the cause of the vast majority of "organized" violence”.

I was the one pointing out the need for proof. You then made the claim that that it was “imminently clear” it was caused by the LW. It is you who made the primary claim and on whom the burden of proof lies. You give evidence of fact, incl a link, and I’ll be happy to give you refuting evidence or evidence of greater weight as to what I said AFTER what you said.

My experience with you is that you will not give the evidence a debate deserves. Without that, see you on another thread.

Here is the original source.

I found it interesting. The backers seem to be largely benign (I didn’t see any secret billionaires or Russian front groups)

It seems well researched and credibile. The reporters give their real names (something you don’t see with the right wing stuff).

However, I intend to do some more research before taking this at face value.
iLOL
That in no way refutes what I said.
These people are preparing to respond to the violence from the other side.​
Matter of fact.
What you have gone and shown is that they like talking meaningless smack.

I’ve personally witnessed it in this city and there is copious video footage. 93% are peaceful? Baloney. The parties are commingled and the activity occurs concurrently. So at what point do the researchers make a distinction and why?

You mean you were able to distinguish but the researchers not? You will say your anecdotal is superior observation, research and study than that of the article I cited? How so? Who do you say is committing the prop dmg? The violence? What is your citation?

You mean you were able to distinguish but the researchers not? You will say your anecdotal is superior observation, research and study than that of the article I cited? How so? Who do you say is committing the prop dmg? The violence? What is your citation?

Your questions aren’t an answer to my question. Direct observation is always better. I was having a nice dinner at a restaurant in the Short North and one of these “protests” marched by the restaurant. A lot of them didn’t seem to be doing anything wrong but peppered among them were people throwing rocks, breaking windows, and vandalizing properties. By the time my dinner was over the street looked like a war zone. The “protestors“ left in their wake a sea of broken glass from smashed businesses, damaged vehicles, a burning trash can, televisions ripped off the walls of patios and smashed on the concrete, vandalized interiors, etc. So how would the researchers have categorized that “protest?” Yeah, there were some presumably peaceful people there but nestled among them were rioters. Is that a “peaceful” protest?

You have seen little evidence of it?

In that case your last sentence applies to you..

iLOL
That in no way refutes what I said.
These people are preparing to respond to the violence from the other side.​
Matter of fact.
What you have gone and shown is that they like talking meaningless smack.

"Mesningless smack" is what we always get from the right.

No, you've seen that behavior from rioters, not protestors. Both sides have been ignorantly juxtaposing those distinct definitions and it already got tiresome months ago. You should also double-check the definition of "escalate" since you don't seem to understand that it requires a problem to be escalated in the first place.
You don't understand the concept of 'provocation'? Idiots from another state, bussing in, turning up in camos like a bunch of fat, untrained wannabe soldiers, in someone else's town, armed to the teeth and you don't think that's provocative?

You don't understand the concept of 'provocation'? Idiots from another state, bussing in, turning up in camos like a bunch of fat, untrained wannabe soldiers, in someone else's town, armed to the teeth and you don't think that's provocative?
Please review the conversation I was engaged in; I suspect we're both saying the same thing:
Don't pretend these moonbats are defending themselves or their own property either. They're coming from across town and even from other states to be vigilantes at "ground zero". If you don't understand how that's escalation then you must be choosing to not understand. They're not cops and they have no business acting like they are.

Your questions aren’t an answer to my question. Direct observation is always better. I was having a nice dinner at a restaurant in the Short North and one of these “protests” marched by the restaurant. A lot of them didn’t seem to be doing anything wrong but peppered among them were people throwing rocks, breaking windows, and vandalizing properties. By the time my dinner was over the street looked like a war zone. The “protestors“ left in their wake a sea of broken glass from smashed businesses, damaged vehicles, a burning trash can, televisions ripped off the walls of patios and smashed on the concrete, vandalized interiors, etc. So how would the researchers have categorized that “protest?” Yeah, there were some presumably peaceful people there but nestled among them were rioters. Is that a “peaceful” protest?

And who were the people doing the damage? Were they legitimate protesters whom one would fairly assume were LW or at least involved in a LW cause? Those doing the damage could have been RW. They could have been neither and just thugs. You don't know. Or, as you say, personal observation is the best tell so you tell me and how you can tell exactly what were the politics of these vandals/rioters/thugs?

Back
Top Bottom