• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racism Towards Whites [W:427, 577]

Re: Racism Towards Whites

Good evening, Polgara.:2wave:

I'm neither religious nor (anymore) a redneck, but I can't abide the hypocrisy of those who proclaim equality and practice prejudice.:peace

Well, there is that failing, but it does allow some to think they are superior to all others, and that seems to be sufficient to risk looking like a hypocrite at times... :lol:

I could have mispercieved one or two incidents, but not all of them. Racism can be as simple as casting a simple insult due to that person's race... doesn't have to include denying of rights.

Let's just take this in a totally different direction. What do you say?

That different direction?? What's the point? What is it that people arguing that racism towards whites also exists are trying to accomplish here?

That different direction?? What's the point? What is it that people arguing that racism towards whites also exists are trying to accomplish here?

Maybe they just want to register a complaint.:peace

that in certain communities it's pervasive, open, and accepted.

Maybe they just want to register a complaint.:peace

I'm sorry but the cries of racism from whites seems a little whiny to me.

that in certain communities it's pervasive, open, and accepted.

and????

I don't see the experiences that anyone has had with what they are misguidedly calling racism being all that awful. I mean really, someone yells at you and you want to lodge a complaint?

The whole thing seems a little silly to me. So less than 13% of the population of the US is racist against the other 70%? Oh no! I mean seriously it is wrong, but come on.

Then perhaps you have never been a victim?

Seriously? That's being a victim ? Nothing I've read here is anything I can take seriously. Did I miss a story?

Seriously? That's being a victim ? Nothing I've read here is anything I can take seriously. Did I miss a story?

I haven't followed all the comments but I know that whites who are subjected to racial hostility or attack feel just as victimized as minorities who are victimized by whites.:peace

Well, I doubt you would have such issues recognizing why this is problematic if it wasn't directed at white people.

I don't see the experiences that anyone has had with what they are misguidedly calling racism being all that awful.

Are you kidding me, I just cited an incident where another forum member's child was chased out of a school.

I mean really, someone yells at you and you want to lodge a complaint?

No, I'm not complaining, I am underlying how it's wide acceptance fosters animosity and hatred between two communities, like widely accepted bigotry would anywhere. And for someone that constantly has breakdowns over single incidents of bigotry that are widely rejected, I find your response a bit humorous and ironic

of course, because people liek you ar part of the problems and the one's directly responsible for fostering such ignorance.

The whole thing seems a little silly to me. So less than 13% of the population of the US is racist against the other 70%? Oh no! I mean seriously it is wrong, but come on.

the problem isn't so much the racism exists, but that it's openly tolerated and accepted within that community. It affects everything from mainstream integration to how that community interprets and deals with it's own internal issues

I haven't followed all the comments but I know that whites who are subjected to racial hostility or attack feel just as victimized as minorities who are victimized by whites.:peace

You don't think that's more then a little absurd. I understand the wrongness of it but think it is so vastly different then the racism experienced by black americans that you can really put them i the same league.

How do you define racism?

the problem isn't so much the racism exists, but that it's openly tolerated and accepted within that community. It affects everything from mainstream integration to how that community interprets and deals with it's own internal issues

What are you going to do? I mean it works both ways. Whole lot more white racists than all minorities combined. We can't even stamp that out. How can we stamp out minority racism? I mean racists gonna hate.

What are you going to do? I mean it works both ways. Whole lot more white racists than all minorities combined.

Well, there are a whole bunch more whites, so it's just a general numbers game. But such racists are hardly tolerated or accepted in the mainstream, and certainly don't operate openly.

We can't even stamp that out. How can we stamp out minority racism? I mean racists gonna hate.

No one made any unrealistic suggestion about stamping it out, but pointed to the issues created by it being openly tolerated and accepted within a community.

Last edited:

You don't think that's more then a little absurd. I understand the wrongness of it but think it is so vastly different then the racism experienced by black americans that you can really put them i the same league.

How do you define racism?

I don't put them in the same league, but neither should it be tolerated. It also underlines very problematic social attitudes within that community, which works against mainstream integration, progress towards dealing with internal issues, and race relations in general

Well, there are a whole bunch more whites, so it's just a general numbers game. But such racists are hardly tolerated or accepted in the mainstream, and certainly don't operate openly.

True but they do operate openly. It depends where you are at. I was chased out of a bar with some friends in Bridgeport Illinois simply because I and one other guy were black.
I and a black friend were refused service at a Shell station in Peotone Illinois.

It happens still to this day in places all over the country on both sides media aside.

No one made any unrealistic suggestion about stamping it out, but pointed to the issues created by it being openly tolerated and accepted within a community.

No one said anyone did. I was asking what can we do about it? I mean look at the reactions here.

True but they do operate openly.

Where, white america tends to have a visceral reaction to racists.

It depends where you are at. I was chased out of a bar with some friends in Bridgeport Illinois simply because I and one other guy were black.

Being chased out of a bar isn't akin to community leaders openly embracing racists and their ideals. Take Farrakhan for example or the NOI. They operate at a rather deep level in most African american communities where they are present, and serve as role models and public figures, while openly espousing racist ideals. That isn't simply some **** heads making a territorial beef in a bar

Hell, Sharpton has the black Israelites handle security at his church in harlem, and those ****s are scumbags of the highest order.

I and a black friend were refused service at a Shell station in Peotone Illinois.

Again, I am talking about a black politician contributing her political loss to secret jewish conspiracies, not some dumb-ass working at a gas station. There is a magnitude of difference there that hardly needs explaining

It happens still to this day in places all over the country on both sides media aside.

racism and racists will always exist. But there is a difference between accepting a community leader who holds such ideas and those people merely existing. If it was some dumb-ass ghetto trash spouting off ignorance that is one thing, what we have within the black community is different

No one said anyone did. I was asking what can we do about it? I mean look at the reactions here.

Not tolerate it as a community.

The people making these claims are primarilly conservative. They want to end affirmative action. They want to end most poor people's access to government benefits because that makes them vote Democrat. They want to pay less taxes. They want to lock up more "criminals." They want to feel more powerful and safe like back in the old days. They don't want to worry about saying the wrong thing in front of the wrong people and getting called on it.

Those are the more moderate ones

The more extreme ones want to use "they're racist also" as an excuse to bring unapologetic white supremacy back to the mainstream.

Where, white america tends to have a visceral reaction to racists.

Being chased out of a bar isn't akin to community leaders openly embracing racists and their ideals. Take Farrakhan for example or the NOI. They operate at a rather deep level in most African american communities where they are present, and serve as role models and public figures, while openly espousing racist ideals. That isn't simply some **** heads making a territorial beef in a bar

Hell, Sharpton has the black Israelites handle security at his church in harlem, and those ****s are scumbags of the highest order.

Again, I am talking about a black politician contributing her political loss to secret jewish conspiracies, not some dumb-ass working at a gas station. There is a magnitude of difference there that hardly needs explaining

racism and racists will always exist. But there is a difference between accepting a community leader who holds such ideas and those people merely existing. If it was some dumb-ass ghetto trash spouting off ignorance that is one thing, what we have within the black community is different

Not tolerate it as a community.

Well as soon as you find a way to erase what? 400 years of slavery capped off by another 150 years of segregation, Jim Crow and mistreatment. You will be on to something. To be honest I have looked at it, talked about it and tried to make a good example, and got nothing. Hell when I point it out I get called Uncle Tom etc by whites and blacks. So I don't bother anymore and I sure don't care anymore.

I don't put them in the same league, but neither should it be tolerated.

No one is suggesting it be tolerated but come on, these examples of "racism" are absurd. Wait until you refused service at a restaurant or a home you want to purchase or a job because of your skin color, then you'll have something worth mentioning. In the mean time, the majority of these examples are not unlike normal conflicts that we all face.

It also underlines very problematic social attitudes within that community, which works against mainstream integration, progress towards dealing with internal issues, and race relations in general

and what exactly are those problematic social attitudes?? Are they being uppity??

The people making these claims are primarilly conservative. They want to end affirmative action. They want to end most poor people's access to government benefits because that makes them vote Democrat. They want to pay less taxes. They want to lock up more "criminals." They want to feel more powerful and safe like back in the old days. They don't want to worry about saying the wrong thing in front of the wrong people and getting called on it.

Those are the more moderate ones

The more extreme ones want to use "they're racist also" as an excuse to bring unapologetic white supremacy back to the mainstream.

I think they are afraid.

In other words, it's OK to insult me, but it's whiny when some one insults you?

Isn't that one-sided BULLS**T ?

Let's get realistic: in this day and age, its 10% of blacks being Black Racists vs maybe 8% White Racists.......with the more numerous Black racists and their Enabling Bleeding Hearts vs the smaller number of White Racists.

Back
Top Bottom