• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racism Towards Whites [W:427, 577]

Re: Racism Towards Whites

I'm sure the school administrator sat down and said "I could easily prevent the bullying if I wanted to do, but white guilt means I choose not to ".

how the person explained it was that your attitude was the prevalent one: it wasn't taken seriously because the target was white

This PRESENTLY UNJUSTIFIED guilt-ridden whites, known as the "bleeding hearts" obviously ignore the fact that the blacks have an OVERWHELIMINGLY HUGE ADVANTAGE in getting jobs......especially in Large Corporations and the Local, State & Federal Governments. However, to be fair, because of the mindboggling black crime rate, the smaller companies are probably less likely to hire what they consider (not unjustifiably) as potential or actual thugs.

These "bleeding hearts" obviously ignore the plethora of Govt AFFIRMATIVE ACTION programs and projects in every imaginable endeavor. Also, note the hugely disproportionate to their population, the black number of Police Chiefs, Mayors, councilpersons, and politicos.....and very justifiably the ENORMOUS number of talented entertainers and athletes where blacks noticeably excel.

why do you guys continually try to justify this racism by citing something the very people you are responding to don't buy into? One can accept the fact that there is a white advantage in american society and still feel African american racism targeting white is wrong. And contrary to your apparent beliefs, one does not justify the other

Its true. Guilt is what prevents me from admitting how terribly I have been abused as a heterosexual white male. You might think that having overwhelming control over all economic, religious and political institutions of American society might prevent us from being discriminated against, but in reality we are horribly victimized. If only I could overcome my guilt and be brave enough like you to admit the terrible plight of being a white guy in USA.

Of course,since I never even hinted at any of your idiotic characterizations......

the remark you responded to was about how people tend to ignore and accept it. Your response to that was to rant about it's impact being minimal. Two problems with this: 1) is how power is structure in society and that it doesn't exist in some universal continuum 2) Is that it's still racism and in no way should be tolerated.

In fact, the person you are responding to had a child in a predominately black school who was regularly assaulted for being white and had to eventually pull their kid from it, because the school authority seemed to have the same visceral reaction as you. So yes, even attitudes held by a minority can and do cause damage to larger society. the fact they are not on par with the damage done if such views are held by a majority does not excuse or absolve us of such things

Thanks,man.

Having my child abused like he was almost tempts me to become violent with some of the smug know-nothings who prattle on with their dismissive dogma.

I'm sure the school administrator sat down and said "I could easily prevent the bullying if I wanted to do, but white guilt means I choose not to ".

I can only hope to meet you in person to see if you would say that to my face,you stinking pile of ****.

If it makes you feel any better, from your posts, I have no doubt that you spent most of your life in Mississippi.

No. I grew up there and know the people there very, very well. My direct family lineage in the local Southern Baptist church cemetery goes all the way back to the Civil War. I truly have deep roots in the Delta.

But no, I've spent most of my life outside of MS. In fact, I often refer to MS as a great place to be away from. Don't get me wrong - I love the food, the land, the air, the bayous, the weather, and even the dirt there...but I cannot live in a place where racism is so deeply ingrained in my fellow whites, including my own family.

Again, in April 2011, a poll found that 46% of all MS Republicans STILL believe that interracial marriage should be banned. But I guess in the eyes of the DP conservatives, that's no sign at all that anybody there's racist....

I realize you are just blathering away with mindess doctrinaire crap, but if you cannot understand the implications of the rhetoric you parrot , far be it for me to explain it to you.

For everybody capable of thought, however, I will say that when you claim the actions of the "more powerful" are more egregious by very nature of their power, that makes the actions of the less powerful LESS egregious. Considering the example you gave was one where the group in power was on the receiving end of genocide, by your very own definition, that makes their genocide less egregious than it would have been if they were not. That is sophistry of the highest order.

I must say, that we have certainly come full circle when it is the "progressive" view that genocide is somehow not egregious simply because of the target involved. The last people I can recall who tried that gambit lived in Germany some several decades back.

REALLY? The racism by those who are MORE powerful is somehow less egregious than that by those who are less powerful? Well, then, THAT means that the slaveholders must have been less racist than the slaves! And the Nazis must have been less racist than the Jews!

And where did I say that genocide is "somehow not egregious"? I suggest you go back and read again what I wrote, before you continue making false claims about what I have or have not said.

No. I grew up there and know the people there very, very well. My direct family lineage in the local Southern Baptist church cemetery goes all the way back to the Civil War. I truly have deep roots in the Delta.

But no, I've spent most of my life outside of MS. In fact, I often refer to MS as a great place to be away from. Don't get me wrong - I love the food, the land, the air, the bayous, the weather, and even the dirt there...but I cannot live in a place where racism is so deeply ingrained in my fellow whites, including my own family.

Again, in April 2011, a poll found that 46% of all MS Republicans STILL believe that interracial marriage should be banned. But I guess in the eyes of the DP conservatives, that's no sign at all that anybody there's racist....

That's what I suspected. You're living up to your name - trying to be a counterweight to all that by having a laughable, absurd, cracker-dumb opinion on racism.

It's okay. Many white race apologists are like that. "See? I'm not racist! I'll prove it by vocally supporting everything and wishing I was black."

Nothing I haven't seen.

REALLY? The racism by those who are MORE powerful is somehow less egregious than that by those who are less powerful? Well, then, THAT means that the slaveholders must have been less racist than the slaves! And the Nazis must have been less racist than the Jews!

And where did I say that genocide is "somehow not egregious"? I suggest you go back and read again what I wrote, before you continue making false claims about what I have or have not said.

White evangelical Christians and "rednecks" are the only groups whom it is politically correct publicly to mock. I am an adherent of no religion, but I find the hypocrisy of anti-evangelical and anti-"redneck" prejudice abhorrent.:peace

Last edited:

why do you guys continually try to justify this racism by citing something the very people you are responding to don't buy into? One can accept the fact that there is a white advantage in american society and still feel African american racism targeting white is wrong. And contrary to your apparent beliefs, one does not justify the other

Perhaps I am misreading you......however if you consider my post as a White "RACIST" reaction to Black "RACIST" comments, you are fundamentally wrong in your assessment.

You are ABSOLUTELY WRONG if it is your assessment that stating IRREFUTABLE FACTS about BLACK PROBLEMS should be ignored, or soft pedaled because these may enrage the Black Racists.....or, their enablers, the Bleeding Hearts.

It is fundamentally incorrect that in discussing RACIAL PROBLEMS one should placate the Black Racists....or, their enablers, The Bleeding Hearts.

The solutions in the case of ignoring, or soft-pedaling the REALITY of the IRREFUTABLE TRUTHS about Black Problems will inevitably result in ESSENTIALLY 1/2-arsed SOLUTIONS.

1984... Nearly 30 years ago... And that applies to what's happening today?

So much for an honest conversation.

Um, excuse me, but segregated proms TODAY is no different from segregated anything FIFTY years ago. Or is that too far outside your comfort zone for you to grasp?

I can only hope to meet you in person to see if you would say that to my face,you stinking pile of ****.

Every kid of every color gets beaten up in Oakland schools while the administration fails to prevent it. What happened to your kid was tragic and you have my genuine sympathy. That doesn't mean inventing claims of racism from the school administration are anything other than bull**** in said situation. The administration is equal opportunity in being unable to handle the violence, you weren't being singled out.

Um, excuse me, but segregated proms TODAY is no different from segregated anything FIFTY years ago. Or is that too far outside your comfort zone for you to grasp?

Where are there segregated proms today?:peace

stop whining...I mean living in the past

[quote Nor was having separate entrances to the only doctor's office in town (which I saw in 1984, 20 years after the Civil Rights Act).

which, by your own admission was painted over so that anyone could enter either door. sad to have to resort to lying to try to make a point

again. news flash........ this isn't 1950 anymore[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if you realize this, but as I pointed out already, paint doesn't hide inch-deep chiseled words in marble too well. But maybe the Army's got special paint that hides all that....

And what are you to say about the documented fact that it was only this year that the town in Georgia stopped having segregated proms? The last segregated prom was in 2012 - not in 1963.

The students made that choice, both black and white... That is not white racism.

Gardener, your reaction to poster rathi is not only unreasonable it is stupid. Your misplaced righteousness illustrates your blindness to the Reality that this theoretical school administrator is behaving PRECISELY using the the modus operandi of the Bleeding Hearts ....and, the Bleeding Hearts are probably found in EDUCATION more so than in most other professions.

As an addendum to my previous post:

My wife's friend is a High School Teacher. And, it is her opinion, that Black teachers are very much sought after.....and rightfully so .....since they are excellent role models. And, of course, I agree with her.

Here is another area where, in this particular case more than justified, whereas normally not so........ the advantage of the Blacks getting a practically guaranteed job over other racial groups is an undisputed reality.

Last edited:

That's what I suspected. You're living up to your name - trying to be a counterweight to all that by having a laughable, absurd, cracker-dumb opinion on racism.

It's okay. Many white race apologists are like that. "See? I'm not racist! I'll prove it by vocally supporting everything and wishing I was black."

Nothing I haven't seen.

1. I suggest you look up the word "apologist". It doesn't mean what you apparently think it means.

2. You haven't understood a word I said, much less the intention of my words. That's your loss.

White evangelical Christians and "rednecks" are the only groups whom it is politically correct publicly to mock. I am an adherent of no religion, but I find the hypocrisy of anti-evangelical and anti-"redneck" prejudice abhorrent.:peace

Well, seeing as how I've been what is today called an 'evangelical', and I've certainly been a redneck, I think I've got more room to talk than most who haven't walked a mile in my shoes. I see myself as no different from those former Scientologists who decry Scientology, or those former gang members who tell people how wrong the gangs are.

And I hope you aren't making your reply in support of the guy who claimed that racism by the more powerful is less egregious because they're more powerful....

Every kid of every color gets beaten up in Oakland schools while the administration fails to prevent it. What happened to your kid was tragic and you have my genuine sympathy. That doesn't mean inventing claims of racism from the school administration are anything other than bull**** in said situation. The administration is equal opportunity in being unable to handle the violence, you weren't being singled out.

lol, you don't even know the details of his situation, but because it involves violence targeting a white kid, you simply dismiss it. For some reason, I highly doubt your reaction would be anything close to the same if we were discussing a minority. Hence, the issue existing in the first place

Well, seeing as how I've been what is today called an 'evangelical', and I've certainly been a redneck, I think I've got more room to talk than most who haven't walked a mile in my shoes. I see myself as no different from those former Scientologists who decry Scientology, or those former gang members who tell people how wrong the gangs are.

And I hope you aren't making your reply in support of the guy who claimed that racism by the more powerful is less egregious because they're more powerful....

No. My reply is simply to make the point that it's no more right to express prejudice against rednecks and evangelicals than against anyone else.:peace

1. I suggest you look up the word "apologist". It doesn't mean what you apparently think it means.

2. You haven't understood a word I said, much less the intention of my words. That's your loss.

As an obvious "bleeding heart" you are a helluva lot more than an "apologist" ...... you are an obvious enabler of Black Racists. And, a particularly vehement crusader championing their delusional cause.

Really? The BLACK students were supporting segregated proms? How about backing that one up with a solid reference?

Again, try not to be so starkly tunnel-visioned. Can't you geddit thru your skull that people are different even in the same categories.

It is very probable that the overwhelming number of Black students do NOT support segregated proms. But surely, you must understand that SOME Black students, especially those who do not feel racial inferiority.....but racial superiority, would be FOR segregated proms ?!?!?

No. My reply is simply to make the point that it's no more right to express prejudice against rednecks and evangelicals than against anyone else.:peace

Rednecks expect it, and evangelicals don't really care what anyone else thinks! At least that's the way it appears.... :mrgreen:

Good evening, Jack. :2wave:

Rednecks expect it, and evangelicals don't really care what anyone else thinks! At least that's the way it appears.... :mrgreen:

Good evening, Jack. :2wave:

Good evening, Polgara.:2wave:

I'm neither religious nor (anymore) a redneck, but I can't abide the hypocrisy of those who proclaim equality and practice prejudice.:peace

Back
Top Bottom