• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racism Towards Whites [W:427, 577]

Re: Racism Towards Whites

In other words, it's OK to insult me, but it's whiny when some one insults you?

Isn't that one-sided BULLS**T ?

No one ever said it was okay. But come on. You guys come off with this incredibly arrogant expectation of being heard because what...you got called a cracker. And when you do not receive the recognition you demand you get offended and think you have been treated unjustly. But when a group of people (black americans) who have been forced to endure centuries of persecution that dwarf your experience..... you say they are making too much noise. Get some perspective.

True but they do operate openly. It depends where you are at. I was chased out of a bar with some friends in Bridgeport Illinois simply because I and one other guy were black.
I and a black friend were refused service at a Shell station in Peotone Illinois.

It happens still to this day in places all over the country on both sides media aside.

No one said anyone did. I was asking what can we do about it? I mean look at the reactions here.

Generally speaking, you are still 99.9999% physically safe in the NON-Black communities....And, while whining about white Racism, you know damn welll that whites in ghetto areas are akin to having a guaranteed beating. And, possibly , a death sentence.

Seriously? That's being a victim ? Nothing I've read here is anything I can take seriously. Did I miss a story?

It's a helluva lot worse than you missing a story. You need to beam down from La La Land.

Let's get realistic: in this day and age, its 10% of blacks being Black Racists vs maybe 8% White Racists.......with the more numerous Black racists and their Enabling Bleeding Hearts vs the smaller number of White Racists.

Well lets look at that.

Whites make up 77.9% of the US population. That's around 244,852,951.2 people.
Blacks make up 13.1% of the US population. That's around 40,808,825.2 people.

So we have by your estimate 19,588,236.096 white racists vs 4,080,885.22 black racist.

So come again?

You don't think that's more then a little absurd. I understand the wrongness of it but think it is so vastly different then the racism experienced by black americans that you can really put them i the same league.

How do you define racism?

You have to get a REALITY CHECK.

What happened 50 plus years ago is turned ass-backwards around with the Blacks perpetrating a HELLUVA LOT MORE RACIAL VIOLENCE than the whites ....at least FIVE TIMES their proportionate number relative to their population.

It's a helluva lot worse than you missing a story. You need to beam down from La La Land.

Well that was uncalled for.

Generally speaking, you are still 99.9999% physically safe in the NON-Black communities....And, while whining about white Racism, you know damn welll that whites in ghetto areas are akin to having a guaranteed beating. And, possibly , a death sentence.

What are you getting your stats from stormfront and "The color of crime?"

#1 The majority of blacks do not live in ghetto's.
#2 White ghetto's or backwards Southern area's tend to be as dangerous and more numerous than black ghetto's.

So no, crime is mostly same race on same race which the statistics show. So it's not like the black man who controls very little has any power at all to enforce any kind of racism on whites.

And yes, your reasoning is pretty stupid.

The people making these claims are primarilly conservative. They want to end affirmative action. They want to end most poor people's access to government benefits because that makes them vote Democrat. They want to pay less taxes. They want to lock up more "criminals." They want to feel more powerful and safe like back in the old days. They don't want to worry about saying the wrong thing in front of the wrong people and getting called on it.

Those are the more moderate ones

The more extreme ones want to use "they're racist also" as an excuse to bring unapologetic white supremacy back to the mainstream.

You're hopeless. At worse you're a Black Racist. At best you are an ENABLER of Black Racism and crusading for their delusions.

Well that was uncalled for.

Actually I'm being gentle with you. You are either a Black Racist. Or, like the other extreme Bleeding Hearts here, you are an ENABLER of Black Racists and championing their delusions.

Actually I'm being gentle with you. You are either a Black Racist. Or, like the other extreme Bleeding Hearts here, you are an ENABLER of Black Racists and championing their delusions.

Are those my only options?

You have to get a REALITY CHECK.

What happened 50 plus years ago is turned ass-backwards around with the Blacks perpetrating a HELLUVA LOT MORE RACIAL VIOLENCE than the whites ....at least FIVE TIMES their proportionate number relative to their population.

There have been many studies on this very thing. On the surface violence seems tied to being Black as you "propose" here. The reality is violence, drug use, etc all stem from poverty. Poverty levels in black communities are the real problem. It certainly will take a long time to fix since they were in shackles 160 years ago, and looked at as 2nd class citizens until 50 or so years ago.

It's interesting with your first example cuz my great uncle and great aunt worked in 2 separate factories where they would hire Black workers to diversify the area and these Black guys (most) would just sit around and talk. Reminds me when there was a volunteer group cleaning a park and planting trees. 1 older Black woman was working hard, all of the Whites were working hard, the rest of the Blacks were sitting around. What does the news do? Take a picture of a Black person to make it look like most of them did work.

You're right many voted for Obama just cuz he's Black.

I know that's not what you agree with.

The people making these claims are primarilly conservative. They want to end affirmative action.

I support affirmative action ...

They want to end most poor people's access to government benefits because that makes them vote Democrat.

I support welfare benefits ...

They want to pay less taxes.

I support increased taxes ...

They want to lock up more "criminals."

I support increased sentencing for violent criminals and gun crimes, but in general would rather focus on rehabilitation

But I'm not sure what any of this has to do with the discussion, beyond being a rather transparent attempt at an ad hom, as opposed to actually addressing the arguments presented. So maybe come back when you can come with your "A game" and post something of actual intellectual worth

The more extreme ones want to use "they're racist also" as an excuse to bring unapologetic white supremacy back to the mainstream.

actually I see it as working against mainstream integration of these communities and only reinforcing damaging cultural ideals that have helped foster many of the worst problems in these communities ...

But like I said, it was obvious you didn't have much of an argument here

then why are poor White communities nowhere near as violent? Let's also keep in mind wealthy areas and upper middle class areas just brush their problems under the rug.

I'm sorry, I know lots of poor people they didn't/don't go around and commit crimes. I'm just not going to give an excuse for poverty being the reason to commit a crime unless it's stealing for survival. The rich and middle class commit more crimes than one may think they just get away with theirs more often.

actually I see it as working against mainstream integration of these communities and only reinforcing damaging cultural ideals that have helped foster many of the worst problems in these communities ...

Liberal bull. It's time to stop the excuses.

Why would you support welfare benefits? Why not support a WPA or CCC program and bringing back offshored jobs?

No one is suggesting it be tolerated but come on, these examples of "racism" are absurd. Wait until you refused service at a restaurant or a home you want to purchase or a job because of your skin color, then you'll have something worth mentioning. In the mean time, the majority of these examples are not unlike normal conflicts that we all face.

What are you even talking about? I'm talking about the social acceptance of ideologies that promote violence against people of other ethnic backgrounds, or ideas that such people are of less value and worth. if you can't understand how such fosters negativity and violence that only helps to further isolate and aliante the community in question, I don't know what to tell you. But to call your general approach to things "dull" would be a compliment

and what exactly are those problematic social attitudes?? Are they being uppity??

lol, of course you break out the accusation of racism, what else do you have, because it surely isn't knowledge. But no, I suggest checking out something like "message to the blackman in america" and maybe alleviating yourself of that pervasive ignorance and intellectual dullness that you wear like a badge

What are you even talking about? I'm talking about the social acceptance of ideologies that promote violence against people of other ethnic backgrounds, or ideas that such people are of less value and worth. if you can't understand how such fosters negativity and violence that only helps to further isolate and aliante the community in question, I don't know what to tell you. But to call your general approach to things "dull" would be a compliment

lol, of course you break out the accusation of racism, what else do you have, because it surely isn't knowledge. But no, I suggest checking out something like "message to the blackman in america" and maybe alleviating yourself of that pervasive ignorance and intellectual dullness that you wear like a badge

well, THAT was fun. Thank you for reminding me why, in the past, I chose not to respond to your posts.

No one ever said it was okay. But come on. You guys come off with this incredibly arrogant expectation of being heard because what...you got called a cracker.

Again, there was already described an incident involving a kid being physically attacked and chased out of a school, with the administration refusing to take such complaints seriously because the kid was white.

Secondly, it's amazing that your view on the topic is so monolithic, considering that you think some red neck in WV being a racist outlines a national crisis. You're just as bad as the people who think the effects of racism ended with jim crow

well, THAT was fun. Thank you for reminding me why I chose not to respond to you posts.

that you lack anything of intellectual depth or knowledge?

Well lets look at that.

Whites make up 77.9% of the US population. That's around 244,852,951.2 people.
Blacks make up 13.1% of the US population. That's around 40,808,825.2 people.

So we have by your estimate 19,588,236.096 white racists vs 4,080,885.22 black racist.

So come again?

what do you think the reaction would be if Pat Robertson was using the Aryan Nation for church security? Do you think that would be tolerated, and what social value is served by it being clearly shown that such ideas are bad within a community? Do you think the open tolerance of such ideas would maybe promote and foster them and lead to an underlying tension in relations between two groups?

You're hopeless. At worse you're a Black Racist. At best you are an ENABLER of Black Racism and crusading for their delusions.

jesus christ, just stop ****ing posting

There have been many studies on this very thing. On the surface violence seems tied to being Black as you "propose" here. The reality is violence, drug use, etc all stem from poverty. Poverty levels in black communities are the real problem. It certainly will take a long time to fix since they were in shackles 160 years ago, and looked at as 2nd class citizens until 50 or so years ago.

I agree with this to a certain level, but there are clearly cultural ideals within the black community that help foster and perpetuate these behaviors. One of them is the distrust of mainstream america

that you lack anything of intellectual depth or knowledge?

I'll give you this. I am so exhausted and over the ignorance, arrogance and short shortsightedness that I constantly encounter on this sight that I have not been giving these conversations the energy or attention that they deserve. It's not worth it.

what do you think the reaction would be if Pat Robertson was using the Aryan Nation for church security? Do you think that would be tolerated, and what social value is served by it being clearly shown that such ideas are bad within a community? Do you think the open tolerance of such ideas would maybe promote and foster them and lead to an underlying tension in relations between two groups?

What does this have to do with my reply to you or him? Nothing. I already told you I would not care, and I don't care anymore. So that is pretty much that. Racist are gonna be racists. Until all of a sudden blacks control the police, military and all government I don't think white people have anything to worry about. The silly mantra of the downtrodden white man is just that.

What does this have to do with my reply to you or him? Nothing. I already told you I would not care, and I don't care anymore. So that is pretty much that. Racist are gonna be racists. Until all of a sudden blacks control the police, military and all government I don't think white people have anything to worry about. The silly mantra of the downtrodden white man is just that.

Where have I promoted some idea of the "downtrodden white man"? I cited the idea that these attitudes can be damaging and that power structures do not exist on some constant continuum, but my main point has been about things contributing and fostering social alienation and racial animosity among black america. How do you think distrust and racist ideals being openly accepted affect in school performance and the idea that goals can be successfully achieved in mainstream america?

Back
Top Bottom