• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racism Towards Whites [W:427, 577]

Re: Racism Towards Whites

Where have I promoted some idea of the "downtrodden white man"? I cited the idea that these attitudes can be damaging and that power structures do not exist on some constant continuum, but my main point has been about things contributing and fostering social alienation and racial animosity among black america. How do you think distrust and racist ideals being openly accepted affect in school performance and the idea that goals can be successfully achieved in mainstream america?

I am not talking about you? Anyway I am talking about the topic in general. It seems like you have ignored my last post directly to you completely. Why don't you read that instead of my reply to the other person.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...-racism-towards-whites-30.html#post1062523635

Black culture is toxic especially in the US. Blacks in the EU cause a lot of trouble there too.

Blacks in Africa aren't doing well either. Let's be honest, historically Blacks have contributed very little to humanity. Slavery did harm them but they were not slaves everywhere in the world and the Blacks that seem to do the best are Americans. Most American Blacks have a 25% admixture of White. Maybe that is why they do better than other Blacks.

Where are there segregated proms today?:peace

Today, AFAIK, none. But this year was the first integrated prom that was held in Wilcox, GA.

Whites in America really don't realize how deeply the white racism runs today, especially in the South. And as I've been saying all along, the racism is there not because we're white, but because we've been the dominant race in America for centuries. The same thing goes for the Han in China, the Japanese against the Ainu, the lighter-skinned Muslims in the richer Middle-Eastern nations against those of darker skin. And it's not even really a matter of race at all, for the same principle applies to those who belong to the dominant religion/ethnicity/political party, against those not fortunate enough to also be a part of the preferred group. It's simple human nature...but that doesn't make it right.

With what must have seen and experienced in your career, I cannot imagine that you haven't seen much the same in your travels.

No. My reply is simply to make the point that it's no more right to express prejudice against rednecks and evangelicals than against anyone else.:peace

I could argue the point - esp. along the lines of my example of former scientologists against scientology - but we'd be splitting hairs. I'll give you the point.

As an obvious "bleeding heart" you are a helluva lot more than an "apologist" ...... you are an obvious enabler of Black Racists. And, a particularly vehement crusader championing their delusional cause.

Again, you've no clue. Look up 'psychological projection' sometime. But then, thanks to cognitive dissonance, it's highly unlikely you'd see how strongly it applies to you.

Again, try not to be so starkly tunnel-visioned. Can't you geddit thru your skull that people are different even in the same categories.

It is very probable that the overwhelming number of Black students do NOT support segregated proms. But surely, you must understand that SOME Black students, especially those who do not feel racial inferiority.....but racial superiority, would be FOR segregated proms ?!?!?

Ah. So because there MIGHT be this or that black person somewhere that feels superior, that means that having a segregated proms - against the wishes of the vast majority of the nonwhite students - wasn't racist at all, hm?

I am not talking about you? Anyway I am talking about the topic in general. It seems like you have ignored my last post directly to you completely. Why don't you read that instead of my reply to the other person.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/gener...-racism-towards-whites-30.html#post1062523635

Unless it got lost during me posting it, I did respond to it. As for that guy, yes, his position is moronic for all the obvious reasons.

You don't think that's more then a little absurd. I understand the wrongness of it but think it is so vastly different then the racism experienced by black americans that you can really put them i the same league.

How do you define racism?

I did not put them in the same category, but for those on the receiving end that makes no difference.:peace

Today, AFAIK, none. But this year was the first integrated prom that was held in Wilcox, GA.

Whites in America really don't realize how deeply the white racism runs today, especially in the South. And as I've been saying all along, the racism is there not because we're white, but because we've been the dominant race in America for centuries. The same thing goes for the Han in China, the Japanese against the Ainu, the lighter-skinned Muslims in the richer Middle-Eastern nations against those of darker skin. And it's not even really a matter of race at all, for the same principle applies to those who belong to the dominant religion/ethnicity/political party, against those not fortunate enough to also be a part of the preferred group. It's simple human nature...but that doesn't make it right.

With what must have seen and experienced in your career, I cannot imagine that you haven't seen much the same in your travels.

I note that the Wilcox, GA events were not school-sponsored proms.:peace

Ah. So because there MIGHT be this or that black person somewhere that feels superior, that means that having a segregated proms - against the wishes of the vast majority of the nonwhite students - wasn't racist at all, hm?

You are deliberately twisting what I stated. I never stated, or implied, that going against the vast majority of nonwhite students regarding proms was not racist.

Go back to the statement you wrote. You stated that there aren't any black students who wanted segregated proms. THAT IS WHAT YOU STATED.

I'm pretty sure that most people would find that to be an utterly PREPOSTEROUS thing to say. While it is probably true that the overwhelming majority of Black Students do NOT want segregated proms........On our planet EARTH, there must be AT LEAST ONE OR TWO, and possibly more BLACK STUDENTS WHO WOULD LIKE SEGREGATED PROMS.....especially if they had a superiority complex and preferred to mingle exclusively with their own "GREAT" race.

And, BTW, that would NOT be racist......it would be a matter of PREFERENCE to wish to mingle with one's own.

jesus christ, just stop ****ing posting

Great Allah, Zeus, Bacchus, and Prometheus, etc., .......why don't YOU stop ****ing posting.

There have been many studies on this very thing. On the surface violence seems tied to being Black as you "propose" here. The reality is violence, drug use, etc all stem from poverty. Poverty levels in black communities are the real problem. It certainly will take a long time to fix since they were in shackles 160 years ago, and looked at as 2nd class citizens until 50 or so years ago.

Granted none of the Racial or Ethnic groups of people suffered the prolonged slavery as the Blacks......The OVERWHELMING number of these Blacks sold into slavery by their Black Bros.

Practically ALL the Racial and Ethnic groups of people arriving in America, especially the Asians .....who at that certain time were treated a helluva lot WORSE than the Blacks......However, these Asians managed to free themselves from their woefully substandard way of life. And the Asians, in particular, with their (1) HIGH IQ.....and, (2) HIGHLY ELEVATED CULTURAL BACKGROUND......these Asians have vaulted themselves into the top tiers of citizenship.

The Blacks, the Sub Saharan Blacks....have Average IQ levels of 67......and that's pretty stupid.....ONLY the Australian Aborigines' average IQ of 62 is Lower than the Sub Saharan Blacks. ALSO, the Sub Saharan Blacks,i.e., the Blacks of America coming from Sub Sahara ( overwhelmingly sold into slavery by their own "bros") have an almost ZERO cultural background.......until recently (historical time-wise) these unfortunates didn't even have a written language .....and then only English & French.

I'm positive that this accounts for the American Blacks' inability to yank themselves outa poverty, and the astronomically high crime rate in spite of our godzillion of tax payer dollars spent on them.

Last edited:

Is there a reason why you didn't respond to this? Can you justify it in any other way, aside from generally being disingenuous?

Yeah, a black guy calling a white guy a cracker is every bit as bad as a white guy lynching a black guy, huh?

Did you think was a good comparison when you wrote it? Why didn't you compare black guy calling a white guy a cracker to a white guy calling a black guy a nigger? Or why didn't you compare a white guy lynching a black guy to a black guy murdering a white guy?

Why did you change the actions when you changed the races? It makes no sense.

Well, looking back, it seems that my original response to this was lost, so I'll readdress it

Well as soon as you find a way to erase what? 400 years of slavery capped off by another 150 years of segregation, Jim Crow and mistreatment. You will be on to something.

I'm under no delusions about where these attitudes stem from, but that in no way works to justify their continued existence nor, especially, their mainstream acceptance within the black community. But at the end of the day, they do far more damage within that community, by increasing alienation among youth, justifying distrust and bitterness towards mainstream institutions, and increasing general trends of racial scape-goating that just solidifies and promotes the ghetto mentality. Also, these ideals are hardly limited towards 'the wasp" majority and bleed over into hatred for everyone from Jews to Koreans (basically any ethnic group that gets a "leg up" on them.

So it's not so much about my hurt feelings, but about African-Americans overcoming the current dismal state of their community. After all, offering someone a better education isn't going to accomplish much if there is no inclination to take advantage of it.

To be honest I have looked at it, talked about it and tried to make a good example, and got nothing. Hell when I point it out I get called Uncle Tom etc by whites and blacks.

Obama received pretty much the same reaction for his father's day speech and Bill Cosby seemed to turn himself into some type of ongoing joke for his efforts to speak to these issues. So your experience hardly surprises me.

I'll give you this. I am so exhausted and over the ignorance, arrogance and short shortsightedness that I constantly encounter on this sight that I have not been giving these conversations the energy or attention that they deserve. It's not worth it.

has it ever crossed your mind that your entrenched ideological position might be wrong, especially since you constantly fail to defend it in the face of direct criticism?

of course not

I note that the Wilcox, GA events were not school-sponsored proms.:peace

But the point remains. Racism is alive and well in America today...and the great majority of it dwells in whites. Just ask the not-so-fine folks over at stormfront.org who seem to really support the Tea Party.

Yes, I know that will be offensive to you - but consider what I've been saying all along, that it's not even a matter of race, but a matter of the all-too-natural reaction by the dominant group.

And as far as the 'hypocrisy' of my alleged references to evangelicals and rednecks goes, I thought about it last night...and I don't remember saying much of anything at all against those two particular groups (though on religious forums I do attack evangelicals for their apparent ignorance of Scripture, but that's another matter).

Think about that, Jack - I'm on record (repeatedly) for saying that it's not really even a matter of race, but a matter of conflict between dominant and not-dominant groups. How many liberals have you seen say that? How many of any political persuasion at all have you seen say that? If I sound slightly miffed, I am - because I've got this thing about being wrongly accused (it's a long story), and particularly by someone whom I respect. But next time, please be a bit more circumspect before you decide to accuse someone of hypocrisy...because their opinion might well be something that you really don't expect, or yet understand.

The bottom line that libs don't seem to understand is that Whites are being racially discriminated against, as long as Affirmative Action continues. There have been many negative side effects from this including "Mismatching" which is no good for anyone. How can it ever by fair to award/grant someone less qualified for an opening/position... then one more qualified, simply based on race. Perhaps this was ok for a period but NOT NOW!

Granted none of the Racial or Ethnic groups of people suffered the prolonged slavery as the Blacks......The OVERWHELMING number of these Blacks sold into slavery by their Black Bros.

Practically ALL the Racial and Ethnic groups of people arriving in America, especially the Asians .....who at that certain time were treated a helluva lot WORSE than the Blacks......However, these Asians managed to free themselves from their woefully substandard way of life. And the Asians, in particular, with their (1) HIGH IQ.....and, (2) HIGHLY ELEVATED CULTURAL BACKGROUND......these Asians have vaulted themselves into the top tiers of citizenship.

The Blacks, the Sub Saharan Blacks....have Average IQ levels of 67......and that's pretty stupid.....ONLY the Australian Aborigines' average IQ of 62 is Lower than the Sub Saharan Blacks. ALSO, the Sub Saharan Blacks,i.e., the Blacks of America coming from Sub Sahara ( overwhelmingly sold into slavery by their own "bros") have an almost ZERO cultural background.......until recently (historical time-wise) these unfortunates didn't even have a written language .....and then only English & French.

I'm positive that this accounts for the American Blacks' inability to yank themselves outa poverty, and the astronomically high crime rate in spite of our godzillion of tax payer dollars spent on them.

There is a huge difference when you come to a country by choice vs when you come by shackles. Go take your racist **** else where

I did not put them in the same category, but for those on the receiving end that makes no difference.:peace

so I guess you guys are the race-baiters this time then huh?

But the point remains. Racism is alive and well in America today...and the great majority of it dwells in whites. Just ask the not-so-fine folks over at stormfront.org who seem to really support the Tea Party.

Yes, I know that will be offensive to you - but consider what I've been saying all along, that it's not even a matter of race, but a matter of the all-too-natural reaction by the dominant group.

And as far as the 'hypocrisy' of my alleged references to evangelicals and rednecks goes, I thought about it last night...and I don't remember saying much of anything at all against those two particular groups (though on religious forums I do attack evangelicals for their apparent ignorance of Scripture, but that's another matter).

Think about that, Jack - I'm on record (repeatedly) for saying that it's not really even a matter of race, but a matter of conflict between dominant and not-dominant groups. How many liberals have you seen say that? How many of any political persuasion at all have you seen say that? If I sound slightly miffed, I am - because I've got this thing about being wrongly accused (it's a long story), and particularly by someone whom I respect. But next time, please be a bit more circumspect before you decide to accuse someone of hypocrisy...because their opinion might well be something that you really don't expect, or yet understand.

Is there a reason why you didn't respond to this? Can you justify it in any other way, aside from generally being disingenuous?

Yeah, a black guy calling a white guy a cracker is every bit as bad as a white guy lynching a black guy, huh?

Did you think was a good comparison when you wrote it? Why didn't you compare black guy calling a white guy a cracker to a white guy calling a black guy a nigger? Or why didn't you compare a white guy lynching a black guy to a black guy murdering a white guy?

Why did you change the actions when you changed the races? It makes no sense.

has it ever crossed your mind that your entrenched ideological position might be wrong, especially since you constantly fail to defend it in the face of direct criticism?

of course not

My "entrenched ideological position" is this. I expect people to be good to each other, to help one another when they are disadvantaged, to share , to play nice, to practice a little empathy. And yes those ideals influence my political and social perspective.

As for failing to defend. Perhaps, but that is my failing not the short comings or flaws of my beliefs.

Tell you what, you present a position opposing mine that isn't chock-full-O hypocritical and sociopathic deliciousness and I'll give it greater consideration.

My "entrenched ideological position" is this. I expect people to be good to each other, to help one another when they are disadvantaged, to share , to play nice, to practice a little empathy.

Your statements and attempts to justify and pass racism towards whites suggests the exact opposite, though ...

As for failing to defend. Perhaps, but that is my failing not the short comings or flaws of my beliefs.

If you can't defend your beliefs then it can mean two things: 1) you lack the skill to properly debate 2)your beliefs are flawed.

Tell you what, you present a position opposing mine that isn't chock-full-O hypocritical and sociopathic deliciousness and I'll give it greater consideration.

I do all the time

Your statements and attempts to justify and pass racism towards whites suggests the exact opposite, though ...

If you can't defend your beliefs then it can mean two things: 1) you lack the skill to properly debate 2)your beliefs are flawed.

I do all the time

Whatever

The bottom line that libs don't seem to understand is that Whites are being racially discriminated against, as long as Affirmative Action continues. There have been many negative side effects from this including "Mismatching" which is no good for anyone. How can it ever by fair to award/grant someone less qualified for an opening/position... then one more qualified, simply based on race. Perhaps this was ok for a period but NOT NOW!

Affirmative Action these days is a PREPOSTEROUS INJUSTICE that should come to a SCREECHING HALT !!!

I do all the time

Dr. Chuckles your posts are well thought out and rational. Opendebate's are exactly those which accuses yours of being.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom