• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rachel Maddow is a moron.

Why are you avoiding posting the exact comments that so offended you?

It's obvious to anyone who has watched Maddow more than twice, she thinks tea partiers are idiots. She only had these guys on to make fun of them and attempt to make a parallel to the tea party as a whole fighting with each other over politics.

If you honestly think that she had them on because she genuinely wanted to see them back together and playing for tea parties, then you're quite naive. She has an agenda just as everyone in the media does now.

This would be equivalent to Glenn Beck having two SDS members on and acting as if he really cared about them staying united to fight for their cause. Maddow would be overjoyed to hear of tea party members fighting. Glenn Beck would have the same feeling about SDS members.

Now...rough, Redress, lib....do you honestly think Maddow genuinely cared if these guys worked it out and started playing for tea parties again? Seriously? And, if so, what proof do you have that Maddow gives a crap about anything the tea party does?

So, still can't point out the offending comments?

rough, yes she acted very polite to them. But based on her past statements about tea partiers, there's no doubt in my mind that she was rolling her eyes and making fun of them afterwards.

To think otherwise is to ignore all the ridicule she's given to tea partiers since last year.

Last edited:
I fear the days of journalistic dignity are long behind us. If Maddow could conduct herself in a mature manner foregoing on the mockery, smart-ass'ness, she would be the wingnut's worst nightmare. As I, as well as others here, have mentioned, her facts are usually dead-nut's on. But her presentation takes that all away. What a moron.

She mocks and and tries makes asses out of the very people that NEED to hear the truth. All they hear is contempt. I can't blame them for not listening to what she has to say.

As usual, you are bang-on. I think if she PBS'ed her style, I would become a fan.

It's obvious to anyone who has watched Maddow more than twice, she thinks tea partiers are idiots. She only had these guys on to make fun of them and attempt to make a parallel to the tea party as a whole fighting with each other over politics.

If you honestly think that she had them on because she genuinely wanted to see them back together and playing for tea parties, then you're quite naive. She has an agenda just as everyone in the media does now.

This would be equivalent to Glenn Beck having two SDS members on and acting as if he really cared about them staying united to fight for their cause. Maddow would be overjoyed to hear of tea party members fighting. Glenn Beck would have the same feeling about SDS members.

Now...rough, Redress, lib....do you honestly think Maddow genuinely cared if these guys worked it out and started playing for tea parties again? Seriously? And, if so, what proof do you have that Maddow gives a crap about anything the tea party does?
It doesn't matter what she wanted them on for. It mattered how she treated them in the clips, she was very respectful, polite, and let them give their opinions.

You made her out to be a moron for this interview. If it did you wouldn't be breaking your back so hard to change the subject to other things besides this clip.

Just admit that it was a good fluffy polite interview that in no way bashed the tea partiers. You know it's the truth and you'll sleep better tonight if you get that truth off your chest.

rough, yes she acted very polite to them. But based on her past statements about tea partiers, there's no doubt in my mind that she was rolling her eyes and making fun of them afterwards.

To think otherwise is to ignore all the ridicule she's given to tea partiers since last year.
Again, what she did afterwards is of no consequence. She has made rude and impolite comments and about the tea party in the past, there we are in agreement, but this interview was in no way disrespectful. The questions weren't loaded to get answers that she wanted or anything like that. It was a good funny fluff interview. If your complaint is maybe that it wasn't incredible full of substance then you might have a point, but it doesn't show her to be a moron in anyway.

rough, from the beginning of this thread I have said she's a moron because of her attempt to parallel the story of this band's breakup with the tea party as a whole. She was very polite in the clip, as I have said a few times. However, I don't trust people who stab someone in the back every single night and then smile sweetly at them when they're right in front of them. She's a phony.

It's amusing that you all seem to think she genuinely wanted them back together playing for tea parties.

Again, what she did afterwards is of no consequence. She has made rude and impolite comments and about the tea party in the past, there we are in agreement, but this interview was in no way disrespectful. The questions weren't loaded to get answers that she wanted or anything like that. It was a good funny fluff interview. If your complaint is maybe that it wasn't incredible full of substance then you might have a point, but it doesn't show her to be a moron in anyway.

I never said she was disrespectful to their face.

As usual, you are bang-on. I think if she PBS'ed her style, I would become a fan.

Yes, as usual. :mrgreen:

Exactly. If she would adopt a mature, palatable style, her opponents would have to hate her simply for the truths and facts that they care not to hear. That's all they would have left to criticize.

Frankly, I am surprised Millie watched Rachel Maddow at all. She strikes me as more of a Beck kinda person. :2rofll:

Perhaps there's hope after all. :mrgreen:

j/k Millie. You know I love ya. :iloveyou:

Last edited:
rough, from the beginning of this thread I have said she's a moron because of her attempt to parallel the story of this band's breakup with the tea party as a whole. She was very polite in the clip, as I have said a few times. However, I don't trust people who stab someone in the back every single night and then smile sweetly at them when they're right in front of them. She's a phony.

It's amusing that you all seem to think she genuinely wanted them back together playing for tea parties.
She asked one question about whether there is a riff in the tea party between fundamentalists and those willing to be more give and take on issues to get the right candidates.

That's fine if you think she is a phony and all that, but this interview in no way made her out to be a moron.

I think we might be in agreement. This was a perfectly respectful, well pointed discussion she had with two tea partiers. The only difference is that you've seen how she has acted in the past towards tea partiers, and you think she's a moron for it. But we both agree, I think, that the actual interview didn't display her to be a moron without some broader context of what she is all about.

Agreement?

I think we can all agree, content, research and accuracy aside, Maddow IS an idiot.

Wait, I already said that.

Neveermind......................

Who is Millie? :2wave:

I asked a question. What part of it specifically do you find so offensive and off putting that it makes her a moron? Where was she itching to bash the tea party?

I'll gladly answer yours when i get an answer.

Comon --- she's been a moron since her Air America days.

She asked one question about whether there is a riff in the tea party between fundamentalists and those willing to be more give and take on issues to get the right candidates.

That's fine if you think she is a phony and all that, but this interview in no way made her out to be a moron.

I think we might be in agreement. This was a perfectly respectful, well pointed discussion she had with two tea partiers. The only difference is that you've seen how she has acted in the past towards tea partiers, and you think she's a moron for it. But we both agree, I think, that the actual interview didn't display her to be a moron without some broader context of what she is all about.

Agreement?

If I was watching Rachel Maddow's show for the first time last night and knew absolutely nothing about her opinions of tea partiers, I would agree with you that the segment did not show her as a moron.

However, since I do know her background information regarding tea partiers and her agenda, she's not only a moron but also a two-faced phony.

Comon --- she's been a moron since her Air America days.
There's not many pundits that I like but she's one of them. She's biased and all that good crap, no doubt, but she's much easier to watch in my opinion that Olby or Ed or any other liberal/conservative pundit imo. She doesn't seem like she's constantly trying to show everyone how superior she is like all the other people do. She can be pretty funny at times too.

Now, Millie, I'm sure if you actually watched Maddow as much as you say, you would be much better informed than you appear to be.

But you are absolutely right about a few things.

1. Maddow IS a moron. She is a snarky, mocking witch with a capitol B.

2. Even though her facts are dead-on and credible, she only presents facts that make the right look like idiots. Her bias takes away from her credibility, IMO. If she went after the leftwing whackos with the same conviction, zeal and vigor, she would score a lot more points with me.

I will tell you guys something else. The first few times I saw her as a panel guest, I thought to myself, "That dude HAS to be a tad light in the loafers." Come to find out, Maddow wasn't a dude at all. :3oops:

Last edited:
If I was watching Rachel Maddow's show for the first time last night and knew absolutely nothing about her opinions of tea partiers, I would agree with you that the segment did not show her as a moron.

However, since I do know her background information regarding tea partiers and her agenda, she's not only a moron but also a two-faced phony.

unlike, say, beck.

Thank you for admitting you were wrong...

Just ****ing with you.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I still disagree with your statement that "She tried SOOOOOO hard to make their little break-up (which didn't seem like a break-up since they were laughing together and played together at the end of her show) somehow connected to tea parties as a whole breaking up." But your point that based on watching her whole coverage of the tea party that she isn't, erm... fair to them... is fair to say I think.

Thank you for admitting you were wrong...

Just ****ing with you.

I can understand where you're coming from, but I still disagree with your statement that "She tried SOOOOOO hard to make their little break-up (which didn't seem like a break-up since they were laughing together and played together at the end of her show) somehow connected to tea parties as a whole breaking up." But your point that based on watching her whole coverage of the tea party that she isn't, erm... fair to them... is fair to say I think.

:party

Rachel Maddow is an moron. In my opinion, she is worse than Beck.

I'm sure it was almost as good as when Beck had that interview with Eric Massa. I'm sure you called him a moron afterwards, huh?
That's the first and last time I've watched Beck's show from beginning to end. I loved every minute of it, I should have broken out the popcorn.

Back
Top Bottom