• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rachel Maddow is a moron.

Last night she had a fife and drum 2-person band on that aren't playing together at tea parties anymore supposedly because they disagree over a local election (they both support conservatives). She tried SOOOOOO hard to make their little break-up (which didn't seem like a break-up since they were laughing together and played together at the end of her show) somehow connected to tea parties as a whole breaking up. Too bad they didn't give her what she was itching to hear.

It's time to develop a sense of humor.

uhm, she called the defund acorn act a republican witch hunt despite the dominance of democrats in the house and senate, and a near unanimous vote. She's a moron. but then again, I'm not a big fan of Beck either.
It was a witch hunt that led to the vote. The Democats that voted for defunding have no balls.

It was a witch hunt that led to the vote. The Democats that voted for defunding have no balls.

I agree. Acorn was a harmless organization that was overly villified. Those the voted to defund were spineless boobs, then again, what should we have expected given the Dems haven't had the balls to do the right thing in decades.

Hate to de-derail this thread but I'll do my best to accomplish just that...

I think Maddow said it best herself and showed us why she's a moron... her entire show is dedicated to bashing anything conservative or republican. She had a 1 year review showing the "best of" clips. If Hannity is hated and moronic, if O'Reilly is hated and moronic... the same applies to man/boy Maddow.

That last sentence makes NO sense to me at all. If Hannity and O'Reilly are moronic, then so is Maddow? What? What on Earth does that mean? I think you're missing one very, very important facet of this conversation, which is whether or not these commentators present the facts in order to bash their ideological opponents. Maddow has journalistic integrity and attacks the right based on evidence. Hannity amends the truth and bashes the left with absolute garbage. Take, for instance, his coverage of the Franken/Coleman recount during Minnesota's senatorial election. Hannity reported that ballots had mysteriously showed up from nowhere and were counted despite being illegal, then he reported that precincts had changed their election night tallies while refusing to explain why. Both reports came directly from Coleman campaign press releases and had been disputed by every legitimate publication that covered the recount. Hannity reported stories that everyone knew where untrue, so did he retract them? No, of course not. Did I get replies from Fox when I sent them several e-mails informing them that he had just told blatent lies on his show? Shockingly, no.

O'Reilly is nothing like Hannity, by the way. He has integrity and he sometimes gets stories wrong, but I have no doubt that he tries to tell the truth to his viewers. So does Maddow. Which is why Hannity is a moron, Maddow and O'Reilly are not. Lastly, Hannity and O'Reilly claim to be unbiased in their reporting... Maddow admits that her intention is to go after the right.

Maddow isn't a moron and she's rather bright. What she is is a typical arrogant lib talking head who assumes that anyone who doesn't have the same world view of her must be stupid. That is a classic weakness of the over-educated left. They cannot fathom that an intelligent person-especially someone intelligent enough to control others would be against a paternalistic "we know best" for you government. SOme on the right do the same thing and assume that all lefties are too stupid to exist without government help and thus ignore the fact that many dem elites are as bright as they are power hungry. However, the right's normal blindness comes from attacking the lefty elites as being over educated underperforming types--ie the Art history PhD who has to take a job waiting tables or teaching nursery school

Maddow's world view is based on the assumption that the right isn't enlightened when it comes to her sexual preferences (she's an out of the closet lesbian) and therefore they must be stupid on every other issue.

Other than the somewhat ironic fact that your comment contains exactly the kind of snide and patronizing language you're being critical of Maddow for using, I think that's quite fair.

And for the record, I think Coulter would inflict major damage on Maddow initially, but Rachel could outlast her and seems to be younger and in better shape. It would probably be close.

So you think Maddow is a moron. So what? Who the heck cares? Rachel is a great investigator and she approaches interviews well rearched.
Man boy Maddow is a moron. Who the heck cares if you think she's a great anything?

And by the way - thanks for conceding she's a hack and how she found her "niche" with MSNBC at being a partisan liberal hack.... hard to argue with the 11+ minutes of self admission huh. :lol:

Maybe you don't know that Rand Paul picked her show to announce his candidacy for Senator.
Whoa... stop the presses... and this is relevant to her not being a moron how?

And by the way - thanks for conceding she's a hack and how she found her "niche" with MSNBC at being a partisan liberal hack.... hard to argue with the 11+ minutes of self admission huh. :lol:

You realize how silly you sound right?

Unlike the die hard legions that defend Fox news, nearly every single liberal I know will openly admit MSNBC's bias. Find me a liberal that doesn't think Rachel Maddow is biased and I'll be amazed. It's like your proud of yourself for getting someone to admit that the sky is blue. Noone's denying it.

Man boy Maddow is a moron. Who the heck cares if you think she's a great anything?

If you watch her show, you would know that she is critical of President Obama and Democrats. She is liberal to be sure, but partisan? No way Jose.

Whoa... stop the presses... and this is relevant to her not being a moron how?
Why would Rand Paul pick a show whose host is a moron to announce his candidacy? Apparently you think same of him as you do Ms. Maddow. :2razz:

Other than the somewhat ironic fact that your comment contains exactly the kind of snide and patronizing language you're being critical of Maddow for using, I think that's quite fair.

And for the record, I think Coulter would inflict major damage on Maddow initially, but Rachel could outlast her and seems to be younger and in better shape. It would probably be close.

I don't see my comments as being snide but merely accurate. I was equal in my assessment of the two sides. Libs pretend only libs are smart-conservatives tend to call lib elites (the people with the least education generally vote dem as do the people with advanced teaching degrees-M Ed and PhD's especially in soft subjects like art history, Literature etc) over educated and ivory tower idealists

If you watch her show, you would know that she is critical of President Obama and Democrats. She is liberal to be sure, but partisan? No way Jose.

Why would Rand Paul pick a show whose host is a moron to announce his candidacy? Apparently you think same of him as you do Ms. Maddow. :2razz:

Madcow tends to blast Obama when he isn't marxist enough-such as dragging his feat on gays in the military or pulling out of the war.

I don't see my comments as being snide but merely accurate. I was equal in my assessment of the two sides. Libs pretend only libs are smart-conservatives tend to call lib elites (the people with the least education generally vote dem as do the people with advanced teaching degrees-M Ed and PhD's especially in soft subjects like art history, Literature etc) over educated and ivory tower idealists

I was referring to your language, not your analysis. The reason I quoted you was to praise you and show what a fair criticism looked like after quoting what I felt was an unfair criticism, I snuck in that little attack at the last second. I still think your language betrayed your affiliation, but that doesn't take away from the fact that you're being more fair and honest than most.

I have an M.Ed and I rarely vote Democrat. I'm unique. :gunsmilie

By her own admission she's partisan. You didn't watch the Maddow aniversery "best of" did that I posted did you? No of course not.

Why would Rand Paul pick a show whose host is a moron to announce his candidacy? Apparently you think same of him as you do Ms. Maddow.
I know little of Rand Paul but I wouldn't discount he's a moron as well. And someone making an announcement on some show means nothing and lends no credibility. Tell me when you have something of substance ... all this fluff is boring.

You realize how silly you sound right?
Maddows own words not mine. I guess you should be pointing the silliness to man boy Maddow and not me.

Unlike the die hard legions that defend Fox news, nearly every single liberal I know will openly admit MSNBC's bias. Find me a liberal that doesn't think Rachel Maddow is biased and I'll be amazed. It's like your proud of yourself for getting someone to admit that the sky is blue. Noone's denying it.
Meet pbrauer... unless he's part of "nobody".

I'm sure it was almost as good as when Beck had that interview with Eric Massa. I'm sure you called him a moron afterwards, huh?

Beck had the decency to apologize for wasting our time on that one.

Well, actually, I think Maddow IS a moron. Maybe not to the scale of a Beck or Hannity but a moron none-the-less. That's a shame too. Her facts, research and exposes are pretty much indisputable, (unlike her counter-parts,) yet she insists on acting like a moron when presenting them. I can't stand watching her. But that's just me.

Don't cha love it when she thinks she has a Gotcha on a Conservative? I swear she acts like she's gonna pee in her pants. She'd be fun to play poker with.

So, still can't point out the offending comments?

I'd bold the whole transcript. I watched the show. At the beginning we were led to believe she was going to show us how the Tea Party was divided or splitting up or whatever. As with many shows on MSNBC the lead in doesn't pan out and sometimes they are outright lies. One example was Olbermann saying Becks rally in August wasn't going to happen. That was a lie but probably got people to sit through the commercial waiting on the story.
There's no limit to how low Maddow will go to demonize the Tea Party. This was just another chance she couldn't pass up to make fun of them.

I don't think it's fair to bunch all of MSNBC with Maddow. In fact, I would say that they have a pretty decent balance most of the time other than there 3 main pundit shows, each with a seemingly increasing left lean as the day goes on. The Ed Show is a little left center, Keith is further, but with some humor mixed in, and then Maddow will stretch to make her points. The rest of MSNBC is either just straight news, or a decent mix.

I'm a liberal and Schultz is a bleeping moron. I can't stand him. He stretches further than anyone. Olbermann has lost his integrity. Maddow has her moments of stretching, but I really don't like her presentation. It's like she's doing her show from a coffee house or something.

Maddow isn't a moron and she's rather bright. What she is is a typical arrogant lib talking head who assumes that anyone who doesn't have the same world view of her must be stupid. That is a classic weakness of the over-educated left. They cannot fathom that an intelligent person-especially someone intelligent enough to control others would be against a paternalistic "we know best" for you government. SOme on the right do the same thing and assume that all lefties are too stupid to exist without government help and thus ignore the fact that many dem elites are as bright as they are power hungry. However, the right's normal blindness comes from attacking the lefty elites as being over educated underperforming types--ie the Art history PhD who has to take a job waiting tables or teaching nursery school

Maddow's world view is based on the assumption that the right isn't enlightened when it comes to her sexual preferences (she's an out of the closet lesbian) and therefore they must be stupid on every other issue.

She and coulter ought to be sentenced to 10 3 minute rounds of a mixed martial arts contest-mixed between UCF and jello wrestling.

First time reading through the thread. Could not have stated my thoughts any better than you just did. Nicely done.

('cept i kinda like Coulter. Guessing that ain't gonna win me any friends on the left...;) )

I don't think it's fair to bunch all of MSNBC with Maddow. In fact, I would say that they have a pretty decent balance most of the time other than there 3 main pundit shows, each with a seemingly increasing left lean as the day goes on. The Ed Show is a little left center, Keith is further, but with some humor mixed in, and then Maddow will stretch to make her points. The rest of MSNBC is either just straight news, or a decent mix.

Fair enough. Personal opinion is that the same applies to Fox. Pundit shows certainly lean to the right, but the news coverage seems to be....news coverage.

I watch MSNBC a lot. It seems everything on there is left leaning, but I'm willing to pay more attention. This week I will take note of anything I see as straight news with no bias and give them credit.
Also I would lump Mathews into the group with Keith, Maddow and ED.
Another one might be Andrea Mitchell, though I admit I haven't watched her show much.

Yeah I'll give you Matthews, but he at least will have both sides of a story there to represent themselves, not cut them off mid point, and everyone will sit there and listen to each other bitch. I've read that many publications consider MSNBC to be the "anti-thesis" to Fox, something I would say is fair to say. Joe Scarbourgh though definitely is all over the place with his beliefs and is a centrist in the truest sense of the word. Half the time he is pissing his co-hosts off which I think is pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom