• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

R.I.P. Betty White

Damn. What a shame. She was one of the all-time greats. RIP, Betty; you'll be missed. :(
She was a smart cookie but she got famous playing the most dimwitted lady from St. Olaf Minnesota. But she made us all laugh when she made zingers that put all the other ladies to shame (from time to time). The Golden Girls was a perfect ensemble, a tough lady, a guile southern belle, a hard nosed Sicilian lady and a down to earth Minnesotan lady.

She was a smart cookie but she got famous playing the most dimwitted lady from St. Olaf Minnesota. But she made us all laugh when she made zingers that put all the other ladies to shame (from time to time). The Golden Girls was a perfect ensemble, a tough lady, a guile southern belle, a hard nosed Sicilian lady and a down to earth Minnesotan lady.
She was damn good in the Mary Tyler Moore Show too...

She was damn good in the Mary Tyler Moore Show too...
I am not old or American enough to have seen that LOL, the Netherlands was not a big country for the Mary Tyler Moore show. The most awful thing I ever got to see or hear was the Golden Girls get synchronized into German, it was a true horror show to hear that nonsense.

I loved Golden Girls but was not such a big fan of the show after that. Rose was great and it ought to have been a great show with someone like Cheech added to it but it just never worked.

I am not old or American enough to have seen that LOL, the Netherlands was not a big country for the Mary Tyler Moore show. The most awful thing I ever got to see or hear was the Golden Girls get synchronized into German, it was a true horror show to hear that nonsense.

I loved Golden Girls but was not such a big fan of the show after that. Rose was great and it ought to have been a great show with someone like Cheech added to it but it just never worked.
Years ago I read an article that said when the Golden Girls was casted Betty White was suppose to play the Blanche character, flirty, loose, slutty..
That was the type of character she played on the Mary Tyler Moore Show.. But the producers tried her as Rose and she was perfect, even better than the type of character she played in the MTM Show..

Rest peacefully dear Betty, you will never be forgotton and always be loved by many. You were beautiful inside and out, with a heart of gold. You always brought a smile and was kind and loving to the animals. Classy, funny lady, thank you for being you. 💜

gettyimages-150018148.jpg

betty2Bwith2Bgiraffe.jpg

gettyimages-450647254.jpg

"A few hours later, President Biden tweeted additional praise: "Betty White brought a smile to the lips of generations of Americans. She's a cultural icon who will be sorely missed. Jill and I are thinking of her family and all those who loved her this New Year's Eve."

Celebrity reactions to White's death also continue to pour in, as "The Golden Girls" star was truly beloved by everyone."

Rest peacefully dear Betty, you will never be forgotton and always be loved by many. You were beautiful inside and out, with a heart of gold. You always brought a smile and was kind and loving to the animals. Classy, funny lady, thank you for being you. 💜

gettyimages-150018148.jpg

betty2Bwith2Bgiraffe.jpg

gettyimages-450647254.jpg
1641163400787.png

Just heard, damn. She was a great person and a great entertainer.

Sweet lady, almost made it to 100, they might as well let her have it, she was only seventeen-something day from her birthday.

Back
Top Bottom