• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

R.I.P. Betty White

beefheart

Ice Cream for Crow?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Just heard, damn. She was a great person and a great entertainer.

Rest in peace Betty.

Damn, they were just commenting on her upcoming 100th.

Steve Martin related this story only recently:

We are fanatics of Match Game, and watching her and Bret Sommers trade barbs is still hilarious after all these years. Our Christmas card this year was Brett and Charles Nelson Reilly, it went over pretty big with our friends...

If she were a British citizens she would have been knighted decades ago. It is a disgrace she has not been honored by the President (no matter which one).

I was reading an online article just a few days ago where they asked Betty her secret to such longevity.

She advised folks to stay away from green vegetables!

She was a golden girl indeed. RIP Betty.

Absolutely. 99 is awesome but damn, I'll miss her.

I love that she went out at the tail end of a shitty year instead of having us start a New Year on a sour note.

Rest in peace lovely lady.

Such a wonderful, funny, generous, loving...did I say funny! RIP a true American icon.

She was a force. Condolences to her family and friends.

The legendary actress, who delighted fans as Rose Nylund on seven seasons of The Golden Girls, passed away at her home in Los Angeles on Friday, Dec. 31.
"Even though Betty was about to be 100, I thought she would live forever," her agent Jeff Witjas told People. "I will miss her terribly and so will the animal world that she loved so much. I don't think Betty ever feared passing because she always wanted to be with her most beloved husband Allen Ludden. She believed she would be with him again."
While authorities could not confirm her identity at this time, LAPD told E! News they responded to a death investigation at 9:30 a.m. on Friday morning. "We're currently there at scene and there is no foul play," authorities said. "It seems like just a natural death investigation."

What a Lady and what a loss, Rest in Peace, Betty.

Already a thread.

I thought she would outlive me by a long margin.

Back
Top Bottom