• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Perceived Nazi salute in Wisconsin

And the Bolsheviks on the Left are going to see Nazis under every rock and behind every tree.

As opposed to you strolling through the woods right past a bunch o clowns wearing white robes and hoods burning a cross and saying' "nope, nothing out of place here".

Oh they don't sir, they don't! As you and others demonstrate, Americans are scared silly. They are in firm control of their inner cowards and demons.
They just know that these kids are all young Nazis, and that ISIS is going to invade America, probably are embedded in the peasants coming from the south.
Americans easily believe what isn't so, and adamantly refuse to believe what is so. You wear it well.
Don't be absurd.

It's two things:

1. trolling the left (which you're part of in this thread). Do things you know are wrong and that will rile up the left, and then point and laugh at their reaction.
This is a staple right now in Republican strategy, it's puerile and the base loves it

2. A dog whistle for anyone that sympathizes with anything remotely associated with racism, be it aggravation at immigrants (legal and illegal according to Fox News Laura Ingram), etc. For decades Republicans have pushed the buttons of Racism, it was known as the Southern Strategy, look it up, it's hardly new.

What it's NOT, is Americans thinking these young kids are Nazis and that ISIS is invading.
What they are enlightened enough to understand, is playing with fire, can get you burned, and that sympathizing with Nazis even for trolling, is dangerous stuff. Demagogues nationalists are a threat in the grand scheme of things, and that threat is from within.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wisconsin...to-students-posing-apparent/story?id=59166523

I watched this story unfold during the last 2 evening news sessions on ABC.

Night One we were told it was perceived as a Nazi salute, as covered in the story link.

Night Two the man who took the senior photo explained that he had merely asked the graduating seniors to "wave good-bye" to their high school.

How and why did the narrative that it was a Nazi salute get started?

Does this belong in the Bias In the Media section?

How can such a narrative get started when it is so wrong?

Then there's the kid front and center with the white power hand sign on his leg.

As opposed to you strolling through the woods right past a bunch o clowns wearing white robes and hoods burning a cross and saying' "nope, nothing out of place here".

What your hammer-and-sickle flag on your wall?

If Americans believe these young men were merely waving ..."hi to mommy and daddy", America has some serious problems.

Meh, teenagers always like to do things to be all rebellious and get a rise out of grown-ups: Satan worship, nose rings, Mohawk hair-cuts, .... whatever. Most of them grow out of it eventually.

So, you won't say who in this picture was alive to see the Bellamy Salute being used with any regularity. We know everyone in this picture was alive after people realized it was identical to the Nazi salute.

We know people with brains don't think this was a 90+ year old salute that is no longer used with any sort of regularity in America. Seems sort of irrelevant to bring it up.

So why the poutrage from you? Stay happy, buddy.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Can't quote me? Didn't think so. Pull your pants up and troll on, son.

Why are police investigating this? At WORST, the kids didn't understand that these gestures are not to be taken lightly. But hey, let's at least be consistent. The same punitive approach towards anything sympathetic to Marxism needs to take place.

But it won't because the right, mostly, allows all free speech and the left loves Marxism.

Looking at the photo it does look like some of them were doing more than just waving goodbye. I'm inclined to think that some decided to take the piss and make a Nazi salute, but there are others that don't appear to be doing the same thing.

Then there's the kid front and center with the white power hand sign on his leg.

Holy crap! You're right! Everybody is in on it!

Attachments

• pjimage-2-e1514957803981.jpg
    pjimage-2-e1514957803981.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 36
Can't quote me? Didn't think so. Pull your pants up and troll on, son.
I did quote you. I am quoting you now. You want to talk about the Bellamy Salute. Something which hasn't been around for 90+ years and that nobody does because .. well, it is identical to the Nazi salute.

Did you miss that little tidbit in your meaningless wikipedia link? More analysis of your sources, less poutraging apdst. That's how you become a better debater.

Not according to a student who was there

But student Jordan Blue, who was one of the only students in the picture who refused to make the gesture, disputed Gust’s claim.

“No he didn’t,” said Blue, of Gust’s claim that he had asked the students to wave. He said Gust had asked them to raise one hand.

“Which doesn’t give a bunch of teenagers a lot of guidance on how to raise their hands,” Blue said. “I felt upset, unsafe, disappointed and scared. I felt unsafe because I go to school with them, I don’t believe in what they represented and the symbol they shared … they knew it was wrong, but they still did it.”

I'm always surprised at how many Americans come out and defend or deny blatant White Supremacist behaviour. No wonder these kids think it's OK, their president has publicly supported some KKK and Neo Nazis:

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People'

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

You can get away with a lot more in your underground movement if you simply deny it's existence.

I did quote you. I am quoting you now. You want to talk about the Bellamy Salute. Something which hasn't been around for 90+ years and that nobody does because .. well, it is identical to the Nazi salute.

Did you miss that little tidbit in your meaningless wikipedia link? More analysis of your sources, less poutraging apdst. That's how you become a better debater.

Being a good debater means addressing someone's actual comments, not comments that you made up. Then, it goes from debating to just baiting. At some point those posters are promoted to master baiters.

Holy crap! You're right! Everybody is in on it!

It's recently a white power sign pushed out there by 4chan and adopted by white supremacists.

That's the Brazilian gesture for "asshole". I have seen it used in traffic many times.

Being a good debater means addressing someone's actual comments, not comments that you made up. Then, it goes from debating to just baiting. At some point those posters are promoted to master baiters.
I addressed your meaningless comments about a salute that hasn't been used by anyone in America for 90 years, for the same reason the people behind this picture are being criticized: it looks identical to the Nazi salute.

Your debate tactics are really bad, apdst. Less poutraging at the issue, more analysis of your sources. That's how you get ahead.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wisconsin...to-students-posing-apparent/story?id=59166523

I watched this story unfold during the last 2 evening news sessions on ABC.

Night One we were told it was perceived as a Nazi salute, as covered in the story link.

Night Two the man who took the senior photo explained that he had merely asked the graduating seniors to "wave good-bye" to their high school.

How and why did the narrative that it was a Nazi salute get started?

Does this belong in the Bias In the Media section?

How can such a narrative get started when it is so wrong?

Why are the police investigating this? The Nazi salute is illegal in the US? If so, what other gestures / words are forbidden?

I addressed your meaningless comments about a salute that hasn't been used by anyone in America for 90 years, for the same reason the people behind this picture are being criticized: it looks identical to the Nazi salute.

Your debate tactics are really bad, apdst. Less poutraging at the issue, more analysis of your sources. That's how you get ahead.

You failed to follow the context of the conversation. 1751Texan made a claim. I showed his claim to be erroneous.

Pull your pants up and troll on.

That's the Brazilian gesture for "asshole". I have seen it used in traffic many times.

It's also "asshole" in sign language.

Why are the police investigating this? The Nazi salute is illegal in the US? If so, what other gestures / words are forbidden?

well overlooking whether the salute was intended... it's not supposed to be, free speech isn't supposed to be illegal in the US but apparently some cowering, afraid of the dark types now think it should be.

You failed to follow the context of the conversation. 1751Texan made a claim. I showed his claim to be erroneous.

Pull your pants up and troll on.
Apdst, he stated the Nazi salute is not part of our culture. He's right, it isn't. You wanted to talk about the Bellamy salute, which isn't part of our culture either. You want to talk about an irrelevant salute that literally nobody in this picture would have been alive to see before or immediately after WWII.

Lol, I told you that you weren't going to get anywhere with this poutrage. Analysis, buddy. That's the way forward.

Back
Top Bottom