• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Perceived Nazi salute in Wisconsin

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wisconsin...to-students-posing-apparent/story?id=59166523

I watched this story unfold during the last 2 evening news sessions on ABC.

Night One we were told it was perceived as a Nazi salute, as covered in the story link.

Night Two the man who took the senior photo explained that he had merely asked the graduating seniors to "wave good-bye" to their high school.

How and why did the narrative that it was a Nazi salute get started?

Does this belong in the Bias In the Media section?

How can such a narrative get started when it is so wrong?

Funny. If they would have clenched their fists in the Black Power salute, instead of open palm, all would be well and good and they would be honored on the talk show circuit.

Has anyone asked the students what they meant? I seriously doubt they show movies of what the Nazi's actually did to the Jews. History class ain't what it used to be.

Apdst, he stated the Nazi salute is not part of our culture. He's right, it isn't. You wanted to talk about the Bellamy salute, which isn't part of our culture either. You want to talk about an irrelevant salute that literally nobody in this picture would have been alive to see before or immediately after WWII.

Lol, I told you that you weren't going to get anywhere with this poutrage. Analysis, buddy. That's the way forward.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

You're lying. He stated...

We have no instance in our America culture to raise our arm and hand to that position.

What instance would an American use that salute?

I pointed out that there was an instance, in The United States where people would "raise our arm and hand to that position."

Carry on, looking stupid.

Funny. If they would have clenched their fists in the Black Power salute, instead of open palm, all would be well and good and they would be honored on the talk show circuit.

Has anyone asked the students what they meant? I seriously doubt they show movies of what the Nazi's actually did to the Jews. History class ain't what it used to be.
There it is. The false equivalency between nazis and black empowerment. Remember people, Jesse Owens didn't send anyone to the gas chambers, Hitler did.

Oh they don't sir, they don't! As you and others demonstrate, Americans are scared silly. They are in firm control of their inner cowards and demons.

They just know that these kids are all young Nazis, and that ISIS is going to invade America, probably are embedded in the peasants coming from the south.

Americans easily believe what isn't so, and adamantly refuse to believe what is so. You wear it well.

It is not that Americans are scared silly. Americans are freakin' disgusted. As someone who has Jewish blood, as well as stories of some of my mother's relatives being murdered in the Nazi death camps, I am way beyond disgusted. I am mad as hell. This is no prank. It is an assault on the Jewish people. Those kids who were tricked into doing this should know better, and feel bad about it. And those who led it should be called out for what they are - Nazi scum.

And yes, these kids gave a Nazi salute. If you have any doubt about it, the picture shows at least one kid also showing a white power hand signal. Call it for what it is..... Evil to the core.

So, according to the SPLC, most Brazilians are white nationalists. Good to know.

It's a sign that is hijacked. Why do prefer playing such games?

I pointed out that there was an instance, in The United States where people would "raise our arm and hand to that position."

Lmao the instance you pointed out was 90+ years ago before everyone realized it was identical to the Nazi salute and dropped it! That's why I'm explaining to you that it is irrelevant and it isn't part of American culture.

Less poutraging apdst, more analysis of your source.

well overlooking whether the salute was intended... it's not supposed to be, free speech isn't supposed to be illegal in the US but apparently some cowering, afraid of the dark types now think it should be.

Speaking of "afraid of the dark types" are we supposed to still be scared of the caravan? I haven't seen anything about it since it was being used to scare fright-wingers to the polls before the election.

Don't see why this is news, let alone breaking news. Call me when they say they are working on their final solution.

It's a sign that is hijacked. Why do prefer playing such games?

It's bullcrap, that's why. I have used the sign several times. I'm getting tired of walking on eggshells here in the US as it moves left. Not enough people complained complained when the word "gay" was highjacked. Kudos to Gilbert O'Sullivan for using the word in his music with its original meaning.

Lmao, just want to highlight the fact that apdst reads a sentence in the present tense, and responds to it with a conditional past tense.

It's like if I had said 'you have no instance where you drink breast milk' and apdst responded 'but when I was a 10 years old, I did!'.

He's next level, folks.

I gotta wonder what you do for a living. It can't be anything that requires critical thinking skills.

It's either a white power symbol, or it isn't. You can't use selective poutrage.

It's either a white power symbol, or it isn't. You can't use selective poutrage.

It's not a white power symbol. It's means "OK" in the USA and "asshole" in Brazil.

It's not a white power symbol. It's means "OK" in the USA and "asshole" in Brazil.

And when held below the waist it gets you two punches in the shoulder for noticing it.

Well no ****, Sherlock. If you wear an army uniform the stars and stripes on your shoulder, no problem, and you might even be honoured on the talk show circuit. If you wear an army uniform with a nazi flag on the shoulder, not so much.

It's not that complicated, honestly. Just think a little bit.

Yes they did, but you have had to read the article. One of the students stated that the other students knew what they were doing was wrong.

You seem fine and gay, in the carefree way, with it. Why can't he use it? Everyone is entitled to poutraging if they want, apdst.

Last edited:
Oh they don't sir, they don't! As you and others demonstrate, Americans are scared silly. They are in firm control of their inner cowards and demons.

They just know that these kids are all young Nazis, and that ISIS is going to invade America, probably are embedded in the peasants coming from the south.

Americans easily believe what isn't so, and adamantly refuse to believe what is so. You wear it well.

Sadly, based on the campaign of fear, hatred, and racism Trump ran,

Trump's Midterm Closing Argument: Pure Racial Fear

this is exactly what he apparently believes of his base: That they are largely cowardly racists.

This isn't what the left thinks, or the "fake news" media thinks, this is what thinks of them, based on the campaign he ran.

I sometimes wonder what kind of person would support Trump, when he appears to consider them a cowardly racist, but there you go.

That's like saying "mother" and "father" in sign language is the same thing because the hand shape is the same. As I said "critical thinking skills"...

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wisconsin...to-students-posing-apparent/story?id=59166523

I watched this story unfold during the last 2 evening news sessions on ABC.

Night One we were told it was perceived as a Nazi salute, as covered in the story link.

Night Two the man who took the senior photo explained that he had merely asked the graduating seniors to "wave good-bye" to their high school.

How and why did the narrative that it was a Nazi salute get started?

Does this belong in the Bias In the Media section?

How can such a narrative get started when it is so wrong?

It was a nazi salute.

https://twitter.com/jules_su/status/1062008915184050178/photo/1

It's bullcrap, that's why. I have used the sign several times. I'm getting tired of walking on eggshells here in the US as it moves left. Not enough people complained complained when the word "gay" was highjacked. Kudos to Gilbert O'Sullivan for using the word in his music with its original meaning.

Sorry you don't like facts. I guess we are done here.

Back
Top Bottom