• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Perceived Nazi salute in Wisconsin

No, I'm destroying your erroneous claim that there was never an instance when this style of salute was used.
It was used nearly 100 years ago, before these kids were born, and before this photographer was born. Nobody in this picture was alive when the Bellamy Salute was replaced or last used by a government official. Your argument is irrelevant.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Your president does that all by himself. By publicly supporting the KKK and Neo Nazis:

Trump Defends White-Nationalist Protesters: 'Some Very Fine People'

By running a campaign based on fear, hatred, and racism:

With racist ad, Trump sinks to a new low

And by using every opportunity he sees to attack brown skinned people to energize his base.

You do your argument no favors by continuing to bring up that patently false narrative. In fact, you are fueling the notion for any white supremacists out there, that Trump supports them. He doesn't. He never called them fine people. He has categorically denounced them.
You are the problem and anyone who spews forth this leftist, anti-Trump talking point, because it keeps the erroneous story out there that Trump supports neo-Nazis and supremacists of any sort.
He simply doesn't and I wish his ardent haters would take the responsibility upon themselves to stop this false and very damaging narrative.

In the article, one of the students at the school states that the students knew it was a Nazi salute.

I looks like a Nazi salute to me. Do we have any other first-hand reports other than the photographer and the one young man who didn't raise him arm?

Only in the West does this make national news... lol... I'm sure they got themselves in trouble and was taught a lesson... This is a local matter. No.... it's really a private matter actually.

MEANWHILE, 6 year old makes bits gunshape out of Poptart!

It was used nearly 100 years ago, before these kids were born, and before this photographer was born. Nobody in this picture was alive when the Bellamy Salute was replaced or last used by a government official. Your argument is irrelevant.

You totally missed the point. :lamo

Only in the West does this make national news... lol... I'm sure they got themselves in trouble and was taught a lesson... This is a local matter. No.... it's really a private matter actually.

MEANWHILE, 6 year old makes bits gunshape out of Poptart!

I completely agree. We don't know the whole story and it's used to indict not only these young men, but all white Trump supporters.

What we need is perspective like yours!

"Percieved"

Yeah, with that guy in the front showing the white power hand signal, that's pretty much a handy hint what they were thinking. And they weren't 'waving good-bye' in that shot.

Please try again.

https://www.newsweek.com/photograph...chool-nazi-salute-pic-claims-students-1214975

"But student Jordan Blue, who was one of the only students in the picture who refused to make the gesture, disputed Gust’s claim.

“No he didn’t,” said Blue, of Gust’s claim that he had asked the students to wave. He said Gust had asked them to raise one hand."

I read that the photographer said raise your hands, not wave. Either way though raising your hand is not a Nazi salute. Kids raise their hands all the time to ask a question in class.

I suspect that perhaps it was Jordan Blue or his parents that brought the photo into the public eye.

You totally missed the point. :lamo
A salute that is irrelevant to the conversation that we are having is what you wanted to talk about. Lol, you know this isn't the Bellamy salute, right? Relax buddy, stay happy.

LOL, authorities were notified. Let's posit that all of them are direct Hitler descendants, and as Nazi as the day is long...what did they do that was illegal?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wisconsin...to-students-posing-apparent/story?id=59166523

I watched this story unfold during the last 2 evening news sessions on ABC.

Night One we were told it was perceived as a Nazi salute, as covered in the story link.

Night Two the man who took the senior photo explained that he had merely asked the graduating seniors to "wave good-bye" to their high school.

How and why did the narrative that it was a Nazi salute get started?

Does this belong in the Bias In the Media section?

How can such a narrative get started when it is so wrong?

2mj8u2.jpg

They're high school boys doing the stupid things that high school boys do. No one should get to up in arms about them. But please don't defend them. Their hands are straight. It's a Nazi salute.

"Percieved"

Yeah, with that guy in the front showing the white power hand signal, that's pretty much a handy hint what they were thinking. And they weren't 'waving good-bye' in that shot.

Please try again.

https://www.newsweek.com/photograph...chool-nazi-salute-pic-claims-students-1214975

"But student Jordan Blue, who was one of the only students in the picture who refused to make the gesture, disputed Gust’s claim.

“No he didn’t,” said Blue, of Gust’s claim that he had asked the students to wave. He said Gust had asked them to raise one hand."

I hate they picked that for their hand signal. Used to be a fun game where you make your buddy look at it and then punch them in the arm.

****ing Nazis ruin everything.

"Percieved"

Yeah, with that guy in the front showing the white power hand signal, that's pretty much a handy hint what they were thinking.

"White power hand signal." Yeah, right. :lamo

A salute that is irrelevant to the conversation that we are having is what you wanted to talk about. Lol, you know this isn't the Bellamy salute, right? Relax buddy, stay happy.

Zoom! That was the point flying by you! :lamo

Go back and read the thread and stop trying to troll this into something it isn't, son.

View attachment 67244255

They're high school boys doing the stupid things that high school boys do. No one should get to up in arms about them. But please don't defend them. Their hands are straight. It's a Nazi salute.

I'm not defending anybody Mithros, I'm asking questions. Yes, kids cut up always. I don't see the big deal, but apparently 5000 people on 'social media' have a problem. Sounds like you might too.

The Nazi salute doesn't matter. The kids could have been dressed as SS with a Nazi flag waving in the background and the reich-wingers here would be saying "what, I don't get it?"

If Americans believe these young men were merely waving ..."hi to mommy and daddy", America has some serious problems.

America has some serious problems if people think there are neo-Nazis hopping out from every rock.

This neo-Nazi phobia is occurring because the definition of neo-Nazi has been so broadened and watered down and there is such an emphasis from the left of destroying any neo-Nazi movement (real or imagined) in America.

Last edited:
The Nazi salute doesn't matter. The kids could have been dressed as SS with a Nazi flag waving in the background and the reich-wingers here would be saying "what, I don't get it?"

And the Bolsheviks on the Left are going to see Nazis under every rock and behind every tree.

no, no then I would have said "wow their parents need to talk to them about civility and how bad the nazis were."

but.. THEY WEREN'T wearing SS uniforms... and its not for me to judge whether they got caught like that in a picture or whether it was real, and theres not enough nazi's in the US to worry about it being real and make a huge sensationalist nothing about it that further divides the country, so let the locals deal with it.

I'm not defending anybody Mithros, I'm asking questions.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wisconsin...to-students-posing-apparent/story?id=59166523

Night One we were told it was perceived as a Nazi salute, as covered in the story link.

Night Two the man who took the senior photo explained that he had merely asked the graduating seniors to "wave good-bye" to their high school.

You're not defending them, and they aren't giving a Nazi salute.:doh... The key to plausible deniability is the plausible part.

Yes, kids cut up always. I don't see the big deal, but apparently 5000 people on 'social media' have a problem. Sounds like you might too.
It would seem that the only problem here is with reading comprehension. 5000 people on social media! How terrifying for you.

Zoom! That was the point flying by you! :lamo

Go back and read the thread and stop trying to troll this into something it isn't, son.
Apdst, was anyone in this picture alive when it was around 90 years ago? Lol, why would you think the Bellamy salute is relevant when nobody in this picture was alive to have seen it used with any regularity and when it was explicitly done away with because everyone realized it was identical to the Nazi salute?

Stay happy buddy, no need to poutrage.

Apdst, was anyone in this picture alive when it was around 90 years ago? Lol, why would you think the Bellamy salute is relevant when nobody in this picture was alive to have seen it used with any regularity and when it was explicitly done away with because everyone realized it was identical to the Nazi salute?

Stay happy buddy, no need to poutrage.

You are going to troll this into something it isn't. :lamo

Ok...first off, where did I claim that these dudes were doing the Bellamy salute? Post that quote, then we'll proceed.

You are going to troll this into something it isn't. :lamo

Ok...first off, where did I claim that these dudes were doing the Bellamy salute? Post that quote, then we'll proceed.
So, you won't say who in this picture was alive to see the Bellamy Salute being used with any regularity. We know everyone in this picture was alive after people realized it was identical to the Nazi salute.

We know people with brains don't think this was a 90+ year old salute that is no longer used with any sort of regularity in America. Seems sort of irrelevant to bring it up.

So why the poutrage from you? Stay happy, buddy.

Why are police investigating this? At WORST, the kids didn't understand that these gestures are not to be taken lightly. But hey, let's at least be consistent. The same punitive approach towards anything sympathetic to Marxism needs to take place.

Back
Top Bottom