• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One Thing People Forget About A Border Wall...

This poll from this year says that 81% of Texas Republicans approve of TRumps Wall:
https://poll.qu.edu/texas/release-detail?ReleaseID=2537

25% of Texas Hispanics support TRumps Wall as well, something that consumers of so-called journalism almost certainly do not know.

That’s not true. Your link shows otherwise. From your link:

But Texas voters oppose 53 - 43 percent building a wall along the border with Mexico. White voters support the wall 54 - 43 percent. Opposition is 72 - 24 percent among black voters and 72 - 25 percent among Hispanic voters.

Trump loves eminent domain! Rand Paul used to hate it, but once Trump starts calling for it, Rand will love it too!
You're making less and less sense.

Actually conservatives don't have a problem with eminent domain per se. They have a problem with it being used to further corporate interests.

Where exactly do you base this claim? Btw, you support a president who is all for taking property for corporate interests. Are you saying Trump isn't an actual conservative?

"The fact is, if you have a person living in an area that's not even necessarily a good area, and government, whether it's local or whatever, government wants to build a tremendous economic development, where a lot of people are going to be put to work and make (an) area that's not good into a good area, and move the person that's living there into a better place -- now, I know it might not be their choice -- but move the person to a better place and yet create thousands upon thousands of jobs and beautification and lots of other things, I think it happens to be good." - Donald Trump
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...nald_trumps_eminent-domain_empire_109624.html

From Geoist -

"Men did not make the earth...it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is the individual property...Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds."

Georgism , also called geoism [2] and single tax (archaic), is an economic philosophy holding that, while people should own the value they produce themselves, economic value derived from land (often including natural resources and natural opportunities ) should belong equally to all members of society. [3] [4] [5] Developed from the writings of the economist and social reformer Henry George , the Georgist paradigm seeks solutions to social and ecological problems, based on principles of land rights and public finance which attempt to integrate economic efficiency with social justice .

Yup, I support replacing every other tax with just a single tax on land value. This was supported by conservatives like Winston Churchill, William F. Buckley, and Milton Friedman. Far more conservative of a tax platform than any of the current con platforms.

People with lower IQs tell me that all the time!
And now you've heard it from a person with a higher IQ as well (me, in case you can't figure it out)

Trump loves eminent domain! Rand Paul used to hate it, but once Trump starts calling for it, Rand will love it too!

Used to defend Rand because as a recovering right-libertarian I understand where he comes from, particularly on foreign policy. He has completely sold out to the Trump Administration. Really sad to see.

Fine - Put the Wall a mile inside the U.S. Border.

And now you've heard it from a person with a higher IQ as well (me, in case you can't figure it out)

Took one of those Facebook linked IQ tests eh?

Used to defend Rand because as a recovering right-libertarian I understand where he comes from, particularly on foreign policy. He has completely sold out to the Trump Administration. Really sad to see.

Rand was the guy I supported in early 2016. Probably nostalgia over his dad as I was a minor Paul-bot back in 2008. Rand is dead to me now.

Where exactly do you base this claim? Btw, you support a president who is all for taking property for corporate interests. Are you saying Trump isn't an actual conservative?

"The fact is, if you have a person living in an area that's not even necessarily a good area, and government, whether it's local or whatever, government wants to build a tremendous economic development, where a lot of people are going to be put to work and make (an) area that's not good into a good area, and move the person that's living there into a better place -- now, I know it might not be their choice -- but move the person to a better place and yet create thousands upon thousands of jobs and beautification and lots of other things, I think it happens to be good." - Donald Trump
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/a...nald_trumps_eminent-domain_empire_109624.html

I've said before that Trump isn't an actual conservative. I stand by that now.

As for where exactly do I base this claim? History and observation.

The fact we already have border fences has nothing to do with the reality that building a Trump Wall would cost 10s of billions and be a complete waste of funds and manpower.

I don't recall Clinton or Obama making border walls a big issue for his presidency, do you? They probably signed off on some spending that included funding for fencing but so what? Every president signs bills they don't 100% agree with.
Yes...you DO manage to regurgitate the typical leftist doublespeak. We HAVE fences...and walls...and democrats voted to build fences and walls....but when TRUMP suggests it is is a complete waste.

You dont recall ANYTHING that is inconvenient to your typical leftist rhetoric. You dont recall Clinton giving State of the Union addresses on this very subject. You dont recall Senator Obama OR President Obama voting for fences and calling for better border security, a more direct attack on illegal immigration, etc.

Because...

well...

you know.

Completely irrelevant to the topic but we'll feel free to assume you're okay with expropriation of private property for the sake of satisfying your Dear Leader.
Has nothing to do with 'Dear leader' and everything to do with stemming the tide of a continuous flow of illegal immigrants.

There are walls and fences already in place. We just need better walls and more of them. Or we need to put them all on a bus and dump them on the Canadians.

Oh...wait...I forgot. The Canadians tend to talk big **** about OUR immigration policies...until all of a sudden there was an influx of illegal immigrants in Canada.

Likely a lot of the private owners would enjoy not having illegals cutting through their property. And there's always eminent domain.

So anyone who doesn't go along with it, just steal their land? You statists are truly the worst.

I used to agree with you, Trump wasn't at all conservative and his ideology was completely incompatible with conservatism. However, the last nearly 3 years have shown me no, he actually does represent conservatives, you guys are absolutely nuts about him and adore him in all things without question. He's the new conservatism, because you've let him take over the party and have refused to criticize him and push your (actual) conservative positions. If more of you had grown a spine earlier you might not be in this mess, he 100% represents modern conservative ideals now.

Yes...you DO manage to regurgitate the typical leftist doublespeak. We HAVE fences...and walls...and democrats voted to build fences and walls....but when TRUMP suggests it is is a complete waste.
You dont recall ANYTHING that is inconvenient to your typical leftist rhetoric. You dont recall Clinton giving State of the Union addresses on this very subject. You dont recall Senator Obama OR President Obama voting for fences and calling for better border security, a more direct attack on illegal immigration, etc.
Because...
well...
you know.

You keep pointing out how we already have walls and that they're super effective. If that's so, why do we need more? Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and donate to the GoFundMe for the wall instead of trying to take the money from everyone else's pockets.

Fine - Put the Wall a mile inside the U.S. Border.

Sounds good, that'll give immigrants a nice landing zone to have their children on US soil, plus it won't solve any of your problems because you still have to buy the land rights along the entire border. You guys are just on fire with great ideas.

Last edited:
All good - Request LEGAL Immigration from there - Need it to get past the wall.

Think of it as Tijuana II.

LA & SF could be walled like East Berlin.

8ba6f0c6-db08-49f3-8268-640c697f784e.jpg

A couple things opponents of Trumps walls forgot...

1-The fact that we already use border walls and
2-Their blind and nodding approval of the previous administrations use of and erection of border walls and fences.

The idiots that oppose border security oppose it solely due to the fact that the current president is the proponent. ****ing liars and hypocrites the lot...

Fences in a few select areas vs. a 2000 mile long vanity project. Hmm. I wonder why people view these two things differently!!

Uh, they're Republicans, not necessarily CONSERVATIVES, and the OPINIONS of a couple of republicans in a far left publication doesn't mean much.

Trump isnt a conservsative either

Sand and scrub brush, how much can it be worth?

So you would be OK with a giant wall going up next to your house, and every morning see an ugly structure instead of a beautiful view? For the rest of your life?

I definitely agree. The only "principles" I've seen Trump remain true to are those related to the art of the con.

But he has the majority of conservatives across the country eating out of his hand..

So you would be OK with a giant wall going up next to your house, and every morning see an ugly structure instead of a beautiful view? For the rest of your life?
I did not say that, IMO the wall is not needed. Just imprison those Americans who hire the illegals, should do it IF the laws were enforced.

My point was, and is, that most of our border with Mexico is useless land. I have been to the border a few times, in Texas, NM, and AZ. Most of it barren stretches of desert.

Back
Top Bottom