• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

One Thing People Forget About A Border Wall...

And Mexico is gonna just be fine with this? Their ranches require water from the Rio Grande too and by law they hav river rights. Do you just propose invading Mexico?

Sometimes when we underestimate just how Dumb Trump's base is, y'all post crap like this and astound us anew. Bravo!:roll:

Use a little common sense, we obviously cannot/would not build a wall in some areas. The wall will be a major impediment for those who would enter illegally.
Only proposing making it more difficult to invade the U.S.A.

In my book, calling only "brown people" immigrants, is a low blow as well. My issue is with illegally crossing the border. If you think only people of one particular color are guilty, it is not I who making this an issue of color.

There are lots of Canadians working illegally in the USA. Why have I never heard Trump talk about a wall to keep them out?

And the good thing for you is, if a hockey stick and a puck don't help us get over or under that wall, well it just ain't gonna happen.

So you would be OK with a giant wall going up next to your house, and every morning see an ugly structure instead of a beautiful view? For the rest of your life?

And have your water supply for your cattle be cut off..

Yeah, we had a whole bunch of Syrian refugees. And the first thing that happened was Trudeau saw a political opportunity, so he scared Canadians. Told us they were all terrorists and carried diseases. And we were terrified, yes we were. Thought we were all going to die, right there and then, so when Trudeau suggested building a giant wall along the Southern border, and getting the USA to pay for it, we all voted for him! It was amazi....

Oh wait, that's what happened in the USA, not Canada. What happened up here in Canada? Oh yeah...

In Canada, Justin Trudeau Says Refugees Are Welcome

And did we all die of terrorism, or strange diseases? Well no, but something interesting did happen:

This Syrian refugee is living the classic Canadian dream. ‘We are so proud of Canada and want to make Canada proud of us’

Canada was lucky enough to have these people with character and principles become part of it's great mosaic. I feel so lucky to have neighbours like these. Well done Trudeau! And Merry Christmas!

"Faced with an influx of asylum seekers from the United States, Canada is planning to substantially step up deportations of illegal migrants, Canada's public broadcaster reported Wednesday.

A leaked email from a senior Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) official to staff, cited by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, the goal is to deport some 10,000 persons a year, as much as a 35 percent increase over recent years.

CBSA enforcement director Brad Wozny wrote that in recent weeks he has "been involved in several discussions both regionally and nationally concerning the government of Canada's decision to substantially increase removal efforts."

But our good and loving neighbors to the north should EASILY be able to handle an influx of 20-30 million illegals...and we should accommodate that.

I think walls in general are a waste, whether it be promoted by Dems or the GOP.

And you don't recall me ever being a Clinton or Obama supporter, especially on those issues. That is because I never was.
I never saw you ****ting yourself over their policies like you do Trumps either. So your claims of NOT supporting them are still rather impotent. BUT...at least you arent stupid enough to deny their actions were no different than the same stand Trump has made that has so many mindless leftists ****ting themselves. So...kudos for that.

"Faced with an influx of asylum seekers from the United States, Canada is planning to substantially step up deportations of illegal migrants, Canada's public broadcaster reported Wednesday.

A leaked email from a senior Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) official to staff, cited by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation, the goal is to deport some 10,000 persons a year, as much as a 35 percent increase over recent years.

CBSA enforcement director Brad Wozny wrote that in recent weeks he has "been involved in several discussions both regionally and nationally concerning the government of Canada's decision to substantially increase removal efforts."

But our good and loving neighbors to the north should EASILY be able to handle an influx of 20-30 million illegals...and we should accommodate that.

Obviously we want to keep the influx from the USA down. We certainly don't want your racists up here, and let's face it, the USA a lot of those. Think about it, you guys elected a blatant racist as POTUS.

Last edited:
Obviously we want to keep the influx from the USA down. We certainly don't want your racists up here, and let's face it, the USA a lot of those. Think about it, you guys elected a blatant racist as POTUS.
Wait...you dont WANT 20-30 million illegal immigrants in your country? And did you REALLY just label those illegal immigrants 'racist'???

Even if Trump found a way to get the funds for his monument to himself (the Trump Wall), whether that be publicly (Congress), privately (GoFundMe :lol:), or through other means (Mexico:lamo) he would still have to fight the Texas landowners. Over 2/3 of the border is private or state-owned. How many property owners are conservatives willing to sacrifice for a wasteful project, I wonder?

This is a little older from 2017 but I bet it's still somewhat going on. From the 2006 fence there are still landowners fighting and I don't blame them one bit.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/W...xico-Border-Dont-Sign-Anything-420761003.html

Bush signed the Secure Fence Act of 2006, which authorized the construction of 700 miles of a physical barrier along the border and resulted in pedestrian fences 18 feet high and other small fences intended to block vehicles.

Of the more than 300 eminent cases brought in south Texas over those fences, 90 are still pending, Olivares said. The cases, which NPR documented in February, were given to one judge in Brownsville.

I never saw you ****ting yourself over their policies like you do Trumps either. So your claims of NOT supporting them are still rather impotent. BUT...at least you arent stupid enough to deny their actions were no different than the same stand Trump has made that has so many mindless leftists ****ting themselves. So...kudos for that.

Democrats have never proposed a wall project on this scale

A couple things opponents of Trumps walls forgot...

1-The fact that we already use border walls and

Indeed. Now what % of the current flow of illegals is by way of the gaps between existing wall partitions?

Riiiiiiiiiight. They voted 6.5 billion for 'fences'. Typical leftist line. We believe in border security and support the democrat votes for fences...as long as they are inept and incomplete.

Not only have the Dems never proposed a project as STUPID as a Wall across the entire Southern Border, but all of this blather about having supporting something similar is just that, blather. The Dems did support $46B of an integrated border security system as part of one of these "lets make a deal" pieces of Legislation that traded that border security system for a complete revamp of the Immigration system that Dems could support.

There are two things I hate about lets make a deal Legislation:
1) it rarely produces good legislation even when it passes
2) When it fails proponents of one end of the deal only remember the end that supports their narrative entirely forgetting that for the most part both sides had pushed all of the chips to the middle of the table in stacks to the ceiling. If you are going to remember these failed "lets make a deal" bills you have to remember both ends, not just the end that suits your narrative.

This poll from this year says that 81% of Texas Republicans approve of TRumps Wall:
https://poll.qu.edu/texas/release-detail?ReleaseID=2537

25% of Texas Hispanics support TRumps Wall as well, something that consumers of so-called journalism almost certainly do not know.

The wall is stupid. Only stupid people believe in the wall.

It takes only a few minutes to google and read articles by people who studied the issue to understand why the wall is a dumb idea. This is not Game of Thrones.

Why the Wall Won’t Work

Now you guys are actively promoting Soviet tactics. I guess I shouldn't be surprised due to your Dear Leader's love affair with a former KGB agent. How far conservatives have fallen from Reagan!

Hope you had a Merry Christmas,

Took over 30 Years Siege - Walls Work - That is the Point - Good Tactics.

This was Originally posted 24 Dec 9:51 PM - It appears it cannot be accessed.

From Geoist -

"Men did not make the earth...it is the value of the improvement only, and not the earth itself, that is the individual property...Every proprietor owes to the community a ground rent for the land which he holds." Thomas Paine

Georgism , also called geoism [2] and single tax (archaic), is an economic philosophy holding that, while people should own the value they produce themselves, economic value derived from land (often including natural resources and natural opportunities ) should belong equally to all members of society. [3] [4] [5] Developed from the writings of the economist and social reformer Henry George , the Georgist paradigm seeks solutions to social and ecological problems, based on principles of land rights and public finance which attempt to integrate economic efficiency with social justice.

The Left knows a wall is an effective and efficient security measure and hinders their agenda.

Riiiiiiiiiight. They voted 6.5 billion for 'fences'. Typical leftist line. We believe in border security and support the democrat votes for fences...as long as they are inept and incomplete.

1) That wasn't just "fences."
2) $6.5 billion doesn't even buy you the building materials for what Trump wants.

You keep drawing this black and white picture. Border fences exist, therefore all border fences good. Do you support building a wall the entire length of the Canadian border?

Even if Trump found a way to get the funds for his monument to himself (the Trump Wall), whether that be publicly (Congress), privately (GoFundMe :lol:), or through other means (Mexico:lamo) he would still have to fight the Texas landowners. Over 2/3 of the border is private or state-owned. How many property owners are conservatives willing to sacrifice for a wasteful project, I wonder?

From the #2 ranking GOP Senator....

GOP Senator John Cornyn of Texas said:
"People can climb over the wall or go under the wall or through the wall. We've seen that in different places," said Sen. John Cornyn, Texas, the No. 2 Republican in the Senate, explaining why a system of technology, infrastructure and personnel is preferable to a physical wall. "If it's just unattended without sensors, without technology, without people, then it won't work."

Back
Top Bottom