• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ominous signals

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Israeli government is either naive or deliberately misleading people to cool concern and increase outrage. During the war Israel proved it was not nearly as capable as it had led the world to believe. Israel wants people to think somehow that they will dominate/eradicate Hezbollah in a future war without batting an eye, but reality would quickly catch up with them once a war has begun.

I don't doubt at least some of the comment. Certainly Hezbollah had built itself up considerably in Israel, but as Mira noted no one can actually tell and that is the reason the organization was not put in any serious risk by the 2006 Lebanon War and why whether Israel wanted to kill Nasrallah or not would find it extremely difficult if not impossible.

Hezbollah is a highly capable and disciplined military organization. It is probably the most capable force Israel has fought in its 60 years of statehood. While the government will try to encourage the hapless citizenry that all is well and the government has everything under control reality will be entirely different and there is some sign of this as well.

Israeli plans for mass evacuation of Northern Israel suggests strongly that they seriously doubt their own abilities to harm Hezbollah in any significant way without a sustained and brutal offensive using every resource available to them.

Hezbollah should not be taken lightly.

All of those "defensive" statements from Hizballah are meant towards the Lebanese population, they seek further support and hence are trying to maintain a defensive position, but just like the 2006 war has started with Hezbollah aggression so will any future war.

I do not think this is the case. Hezbollah, Syria, Iran, and now even Hamas recognize the advantage of not acting first. All of them have shown deliberate efforts to prevent incidents that might lead to war. While allowing Israel the first move could be painful, it also gives them the moral high ground and means they can pursue much more ambitious military actions by arguing self-defense.

And yes Hizballah is covering big parts of Southern Lebanon, and the intel gathered by the IDF through the years point at an excessive rearming by Hizballah and the continued use of the Lebanese civilians of Southern Lebanon as political tools, storing arms next to hospitals and schools and positioning themselves amongst the civilian population.

UNIFIL operates in the open areas Hezbollah originally used and they operate far less in the villages and towns. Hence for Hezbollah to operate in South Lebanon unimpeded by UNIFIL it has to set up in the cities and such.

If Israel wasn't established, the entire region would have lived in peace.

If you define "peace" as the complete subjugation of Jews to the Islamists for whom you propagandize so relentlessly.

Israel ? hell yes, I hate her guts and never ashamed to say so. .

That has been patently obvious from your first postings.

It is also patently obvious that your little disclaimer is b.s.

That has been patently obvious from your first postings.

It is also patently obvious that your little disclaimer is b.s.

:rofl I was going to ignore your posts but couldn't help commenting on this one ?

Since when is it a crime to hate the enemy ? Israel is Lebanon's official enemy and no I do not particularly like Israel or its government.

How many posts and entire threads have been created on this forum against Islam, Muslims and Arabs ? How many names have they been called ? How many times have Arabs and Muslims (yes the people) been called subhuman ?

You see Gardener, I cannot stand Israel and the more I know right-wing Israelis the more disgusted I become with Israel. Thank heaven for my wonderful left-wing friends.

Oh, and don't make a fool of yourself and play the "anti-semite" card. More and more people have stopped being fooled by that.

Last edited:
:rofl I was going to ignore your posts but couldn't help commenting on this one ?

Since when is it a crime to hate the enemy ? Israel is Lebanon's official enemy and no I do not particularly like Israel or its government.

How many posts and entire threads have been created on this forum against Islam, Muslims and Arabs ? How many names have they been called ?

You see Gardener, I cannot stand Israel and the more I know right-wing Israelis the more disgusted I become with Israel. Thank heaven for my wonderful left-wing friends.

No crime, but the hate speech is still hate speech, and the b.s. still b.s..

No crime, but the hate speech is still hate speech, and the b.s. still b.s..

Hate speech ?? which hate speech ? saying taht I hate my enemy is a hate speech ??? get real !!

You know what's weird ? it's not even hatered that I feel toward Israel,I'd call it resentment or disgust.

Last edited:
Hate speech ?? which hate speech ? saying taht I hate my enemy is a hate speech ??? get real !!

"Hey, I don't hate thems blacks as individuals, I just hate da whole group of thems so much I support killen 'em, and besides, some of my best friends are black!"

I Used to hear similar double talk back in the sixties.

Last edited:
"Hey, I don't hate thems blacks as individuals, I just hate da whole group of thems so much I support killen 'em, and besides, some of my best friends are black!"

I Used to hear similar double talk back in the sixties.

yeah right, that kind of BS doesn't work on me buddy. Good try though :2wave:

yeah right, that kind of BS doesn't work on me buddy. Good try though :2wave:

All I did was paraphrase your own attitudes while inserting black instead of Jew, so if you recognize it as b.s. then you should stop dishing it out in such heaping portions.

All I did was paraphrase your own attitudes while inserting black instead of Jew, so if you recognize it as b.s. then you should stop dishing it out in such heaping portions.

hahahahahaha !!!! OM F-ing God he DID play the anti-semite card, how F-ing predictable :rofl:rofl:rofl

LOLOLOLOL I REALLY am laughing out loud, thank you :D

hahahahahaha !!!! OM F-ing God he DID play the anti-semite card, how F-ing predictable :rofl:rofl:rofl

LOLOLOLOL I REALLY am laughing out loud, thank you :D

But some of your best friends are Jews, right? :roll:

AFP

Both articles strongly suggest that Hezbollah is rearming in southern Lebanon with the knowledge and complicity of southern Lebanese civilians.

Likely! Extreemist groups will re-arm whenever they possibly can, even though they are unlikely to benefit in any significant way from conflict. They are crazy, afterall. Hopefully nobody will help them, by financing it.

But some of your best friends are Jews, right? :roll:

Even the woman who took care of me for years when I was a student and was the only person to fly to France to stay by my side and help me when I had my son. I call her my adoptive mum, yes.

My sister visited the border area last week. Her impressions are probably a bit different than yours.

What takes your sister to these kinds of places? Is she a journalist?

''If Israel wasn't established, the entire region would have lived in peace.''
Well, maybe so, but it did happen and other things happened in history too. It is not difficult to figure out how the situation and other situations happened. What is difficult, is to figure out how to fix them, in order to move forward.

You know what ? Most of my Israeli friends are left-wing (the ones you like to call far-left wing). The only place where I have talked to right-wing Israelis is on this forum. Talking to you, anyone would become a Hizbollah supporter. I have seen a hateful and arrogant side that I naively tried to believe it didn't exist. Good job folks, good job.

The heavy duty extreme zionists absolutely do exist, but what kind of nutcase sees this as an excuse to become a Hizballah supporter, or to even say it in jest...

''If Israel wasn't established, the entire region would have lived in peace.''
Well, maybe so, but it did happen and other things happened in history too. It is not difficult to figure out how the situation and other situations happened. What is difficult, is to figure out how to fix them, in order to move forward.

I entirely agree with that.

The heavy duty extreme zionists absolutely do exist, but what kind of nutcase sees this as an excuse to become a Hizballah supporter, or to even say it in jest...

Hundrends of thousands of Lebanese. You should perhaps spend some time in Lebanon as I have, to walk in their shoes in order to understand why they end up supporting Hizbollah. Even those who were once Israel's allies have turned against it (Israel)

I think we already know what kind of nutjob.

What is interesting here, though, is the framing mechanism used. As described here, a "Far right" Israeli is anyone who does not advance the interests of Hizb'allah, and who wants Israel to continue to exist.

I think we already know what kind of nutjob.

What is interesting here, though, is the framing mechanism used. As described here, a "Far right" Israeli is anyone who does not advance the interests of Hizb'allah, and who wants Israel to continue to exist.

So much easier to undesrtand the world in black or white eh ?

Hundrends of thousands of Lebanese. You should perhaps spend some time in Lebanon as I have, to walk in their shoes in order to understand why they end up supporting Hizbollah. Even those who were once Israel's allies have turned against it (Israel)

Well, you could say the same about any politically charged situation. I spent most of my life in Ireland, but still did not become an IRA member or even consider it reasonable to do so. Going to extremes, is not the solution to extreemism.

Well, you could say the same about any politically charged situation. I spent most of my life in Ireland, but still did not become an IRA member or even consider it reasonable to do so. Going to extremes, is not the solution to extreemism.

Mell, you are not considering like with like. The British never bombed Ireland. Mira experienced bombing by the Israeli's first hand.

Also given that you are not Irish, what possible reason would you have for joining any of the terrorist groups on either side?

Mell, you are not considering like with like. The British never bombed Ireland. Mira experienced bombing by the Israeli's first hand.

Also given that you are not Irish, what possible reason would you have for joining any of the terrorist groups on either side?

I still dont think supporting extreemist groups such as Hizbollah, will do anything but create more problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom