• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obamascare Fail

So he'll be vetoing nutty legislation instead of having Harry Reid table it. Big whoop.

I expect another round of self destructive GOP shutdowns, driven by them packing budget bills with nonsense and daring Obama to veto them, and then of course, with another self destructive government shutdown over the debt ceiling, which they know they have to raise but dont have the cojones to do so until disaster is imminent.

In other words, the same stuff, just slightly worse.

Matter of opinion, but I don't think Obama has the balls you think he has. He worries too much about politics to make a stand on anything like you are suggesting.

Matter of opinion, but I don't think Obama has the balls you think he has. He worries too much about politics to make a stand on anything like you are suggesting.

Well, I can see you think he's worried about his re-election. :roll:

Well, I can see you think he's worried about his re-election. :roll:

His re-election???

No...but he IS worried about the Democrat's elections. Heck, he's worried about that right now. That's why he has kicked all the Obamacare cans and that's why he has put all his "important" liberal agenda items on hold. It's all about politics for him...as Ive said. And that's why I don't think he'll have the balls to stand up to a Republican-controlled Congress. LOL!! If Hillary runs in 2016, she won't win if Obama does like YOU think he'll do.

His re-election???

No...but he IS worried about the Democrat's elections. Heck, he's worried about that right now. That's why he has kicked all the Obamacare cans and that's why he has put all his "important" liberal agenda items on hold. It's all about politics for him...as Ive said. And that's why I don't think he'll have the balls to stand up to a Republican-controlled Congress. LOL!! If Hillary runs in 2016, she won't win if Obama does like YOU think he'll do.

OK Whatever. Im guessing your political analysis is about as sharp as your ACA analysis.

I think its pretty clear that a Repub majority in both houses will change little, although maybe the Senate will be more willing to actually work with the President and some things might actually get done in a bipartisan manner. I still forsee a government shutdown, because the GOP doesnt seem to learn their lessons very well... although theyve been quite good at quashing the socially conservative stuff this cycle.

OK Whatever. Im guessing your political analysis is about as sharp as your ACA analysis.

I think its pretty clear that a Repub majority in both houses will change little, although maybe the Senate will be more willing to actually work with the President and some things might actually get done in a bipartisan manner. I still forsee a government shutdown, because the GOP doesnt seem to learn their lessons very well... although theyve been quite good at quashing the socially conservative stuff this cycle.

Ha Ha Ha!!

Now THAT was funny!

Dude...if the Republicans control Congress, it'll be up to Obama to work with them. Or...maybe he won't, as you seem to be implying, in which case HE will suffer the heat. Not the Republicans.

Heck, Obama hasn't been interested in a "bipartisan manner" since he got elected...the first time. But he'll change his tune soon enough.

But, as I said before, it's a matter of opinion. We'll see how it goes soon enough.

Ha Ha Ha!!

Now THAT was funny!

Dude...if the Republicans control Congress, it'll be up to Obama to work with them. Or...maybe he won't, as you seem to be implying, in which case HE will suffer the heat. Not the Republicans.

Yes, silly me. It wont be up to Congress to work with Obama, it will be up to Obama to work with Congress.

How could I be so foolish to suggest otherwise? And when Congress shuts down the government over the debt ceiling, THIS time it will be Obama's fault!

What did I say about the GOP not learning lessons very well?

Paying $1000 a year on some BS coverage is about as useless as no insurance. [...]
How do you know?
Because he clearly has intelligence and knowledge.

besides, if I am satisfied with the coverage, what business of it is yours to force me to pay 5 times that amount? [...]
If your $83/month policy won't cover a catastrophic illness/injury (and at that price it surely will not, unless you are 12 years old and on your parent's policy) and the majority of the cost of your care falls upon the taxpayer, then it is very much the taxpayer's business (which is pretty much the entire reason for mandatory coverage). Like, duh :doh

My daughters health insurance premium increased by 112%, and she was forced to change doctors. [...]

[...] Perhaps you should ask the authors of the legislation that created the result my daughter had to deal with. Maybe they can explain why she had to change from the Doctor she liked. [...]
No, perhaps you should provide some supporting information instead of just a baseless claim that could quite well be misleading. I presume she had to change policies, so why?

The next question was did she try to find new coverage that included her present doctor?

The third question would be what were the coverages on the old policy vs the new? (deductibles, co pays, etc -- all this factors into price).

The last question -- for now -- would be did she get her new policy thru the exchange, and is she eligible for a subsidy?

Yes, silly me. It wont be up to Congress to work with Obama, it will be up to Obama to work with Congress.

How could I be so foolish to suggest otherwise?

You're asking me???

Hell, I don't know why you would be so foolish! Maybe because you are an Obama apologist?

How could I be so foolish to suggest otherwise? And when Congress shuts down the government over the debt ceiling, THIS time it will be Obama's fault!

What did I say about the GOP not learning lessons very well?

In GOPland, "bipartisanship" means "do whatever the Republicans want."

You're asking me???

Hell, I don't know why you would be so foolish! Maybe because you are an Obama apologist?

I know you probably won't like to hear this, but that's not an "I Win The Argument" button.

Perhaps I could take you a bit more seriously if you were not still whining about the 2000 election...which Bush won...fair and square. As for the sky not falling....it certainly has in certain ways. Thanks to Obamacare, at least half of the nation is now paying more in healthcare premiums then they are mortgage and rent payments.....and with an enormously high deductible. Obamacare ran me out of the private healthcare market.

I said he won by the slimist of margins. But he governed like he won by landslide. And those of us who didn't like it still supported the team. So, now it's your turn. Deal with it and hope your boi wins in '16.

In GOPland, "bipartisanship" means "do whatever the Republicans want."

I know you probably won't like to hear this, but that's not an "I Win The Argument" button.

LOL!!

Not trying to win any arguments, dude. Just calling 'em like I see 'em.

I said he won by the slimist of margins. But he governed like he won by landslide. And those of us who didn't like it still supported the team. So, now it's your turn. Deal with it and hope your boi wins in '16.

Actually, Bush governed like he was a leader...not a community activist.

Something we haven't seen in almost 6 years.

Actually, Bush governed like he was a leader...not a community activist.

Something we haven't seen in almost 6 years.

"Heck of a job, Brownie."

"Heck of a job, Brownie."

So...your thread has devolved into infantile derision...along with echoes from your peanut gallery. Okay.

This failed thread is over.

Your asking the wrong person. Perhaps you should ask the authors of the legislation that created the result my daughter had to deal with. Maybe they can explain why she had to change from the Doctor she liked. I seem to remember someone important mentioning that wouldn't happen. My granddaughter wasn't too happy having to deal with a new Pediatrician.

Sorry, its just more LIES and propaganda.

What you pay is limited by how much you earn. And that is the LAW.

ACA is affordable and GREAT!!!

My paying $40 a month for full coverage is proof. (after not having HC for my adult life)

No, perhaps you should provide some supporting information instead of just a baseless claim that could quite well be misleading. I presume she had to change policies, so why?

The next question was did she try to find new coverage that included her present doctor?

The third question would be what were the coverages on the old policy vs the new? (deductibles, co pays, etc -- all this factors into price).

The last question -- for now -- would be did she get her new policy thru the exchange, and is she eligible for a subsidy?

No? She didn't have a coverage increase, and wasn't forced to change doctors? Is that what your claiming?

Yes, she did try to find new coverage that included her present Doctor, and was approved under Obamacare. She was not able to do so.

Third, who cares what the coverage was, deductibles, co pays, etc. What a lame question.

Last question for now? LOL. You are words on screen my friend. The delete button makes you disappear. Stop with the delusional self importance meme.

To answer your question, I don't know specifically how she found the replacement coverage Obamacare forced her to find. I don't believe it was via an exchange.

Sorry, its just more LIES and propaganda.

What you pay is limited by how much you earn. And that is the LAW.

ACA is affordable and GREAT!!!

My paying $40 a month for full coverage is proof. (after not having HC for my adult life)

:shock: :lamo

Classic delusional post you made there.

Sorry, buy your reality is not everyone else's. I guess all the first person accounts of increases and having to change doctors is just one big lie. Scary world your mind lives in.

So he'll be vetoing nutty legislation instead of having Harry Reid table it. Big whoop.

That so called nutty legislation is most often legislation that democrats support as well as republicans. Harry Reid tables it because he is afraid that it will pass even with the democrats in control of the Senate. Talk about obstructionism.

I expect another round of self destructive GOP shutdowns, driven by them packing budget bills with nonsense and daring Obama to veto them, and then of course, with another self destructive government shutdown over the debt ceiling, which they know they have to raise but dont have the cojones to do so until disaster is imminent.

Actually you are not being completely honest. You are just wishing for more government shutdowns because you think it benefits the democrats.

In other words, the same stuff, just slightly worse.

At some point one of the parties is going to have to be the adult in the room and tell the idiots who keep spending this nation into oblivion that enough is enough. If we keep it up, at some point the whole financial house of cards is going to collapse. Do the math. And while your at it....take note that there has not been any government shutdowns....just refusals to raise the debt ceiling. There were spending cuts, however the government continued operating.

Again...referring to a refusal to raise the debt ceiling as a government shutdown is just lame rhetoric. The US government has never been shut down even for a minute in my lifetime or yours.

I said he won by the slimist of margins. But he governed like he won by landslide. And those of us who didn't like it still supported the team.

Like hell you supported the team.

So, now it's your turn. Deal with it and hope your boi wins in '16.

I am not a partisan. I deal with what's in front of me. If The president and congress take action that I do not like.....I do not support it just to be a so-called team player. Obamacare is one example of that. I will fight that in any way I can. I do support the air strikes against ISIS, however I think the president is an incompetent moron when he publicly takes ground troops off the table. The air strikes will not be enough. While I don't think we need another invasion size force, some ground troops are going to be needed or ISIS is eventually going to own Syria and Iraq.

:shock: :lamo

Classic delusional post you made there.

Sorry, buy your reality is not everyone else's. I guess all the first person accounts of increases and having to change doctors is just one big lie. Scary world your mind lives in.

Yes increases for rich people that are not covered by the subsidies. TFB. Wa wa wa.

Changing a Dr? Oh my god! the horror! This coming from some one WITH NO DR for over 20 years.................

Back
Top Bottom