• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Obamascare Fail

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Five RW anti-Obama Boogie men that did not come to pass.

1. Prediction: No One Is Going To Pay For Health Insurance

2. Prediction: Premiums Are Going To Skyrocket!!

3. Prediction: Obamacare Is The Worst Thing To Happen To Young People Since Moms Joined Facebook

4. Prediction: Obamacare Is INCREASING The Uninsured Rate!

5. Prediction: Obamacare Will Destroy The Private Health Insurance Industry

These 5 Scary Obamacare Predictions Were Dead Wrong

But, yet somehow, lust like **** roaches in a dingey, dirty kitchen, the anti-Obamacare crowd remains entrenched in their position.

But, yet somehow, lust like **** roaches in a dingey, dirty kitchen, the anti-Obamacare crowd remains entrenched in their position.

My daughters health insurance premium increased by 112%, and she was forced to change doctors. You're dog don't hunt Calam.

My daughters health insurance premium increased by 112%, and she was forced to change doctors. You're dog don't hunt Calam.

My premium remained the same, as did my choice of doctors. What's your point?

Well, it started out different, but I guess now it's to illustrate that some people are blind to the reality of Obamacare, and go to great lengths to prove it.

My premiums did sky rocket. From $1000 to $5000.

I have a job. Is that now a bad thing?
Of course having a job is not a bad thing, in fact, I wish that more folks had jobs. You likely have no idea if your employer's premium went up, you only know that your cost(s) did not change.

How can they go up that much when it price SHE PAYS is limited to 2% to 8% of her income?

I'm not sure where all those "boogie men" came from, but things are not as rosy as the author of that article tries to make it look. Bottom line, the American People haven't liked Obamacare since before it was rammed down their throats...and they still don't like it. The upcoming election just might end up being another Democrat shellacking because of it.

A Gallup survey earlier this month showing that Americans oppose Obamacare by a margin of 53 to 41 percent was the 150th poll listed by Real Clear Politics during President Obama’s second term to find Obamacare unpopular. The number that found it to be popular was zero.

The mainstream media, meanwhile, seemingly operating in an alternative universe, think that Obamacare is here to stay. Politico writes, “Deep down, Republicans who know health care know the truth: Obamacare isn’t about to be repealed. .  .  . [T]hink of the last time a major social program was repealed after three enrollment seasons, with millions of people getting benefits. That’s right—it hasn’t happened.”

But to conclude that the track record of major social programs indicates that Obamacare cannot be repealed requires historical cluelessness. Social Security passed the House with 92 percent of the vote (365 in favor, 30 opposed). Medicare and Medicaid (which were voted on together) passed the House with 73 percent of the vote (307 in favor, 116 opposed). Obamacare passed the House with 50.8 percent of the vote (219 in favor, 212 opposed). Moreover, support for Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid was bipartisan. House Republicans backed Social Security by 81 to 15. House Republicans backed Medicare and Medicaid by 70 to 68. House Republicans opposed Obamacare by 178 to 0.

There’s a big difference between major social programs that passed the House with majority support from both parties and majority support from the citizenry and a major social program passed by the House over the unanimous opposition of one of the two parties and the clear opposition of a majority of the citizenry—opposition that (at least in the case of the citizenry) remains every bit as strong an Olympiad later.

The Second Obamacare Election | The Weekly Standard

I'm not sure where all those "boogie men" came from, but things are not as rosy as the author of that article tries to make it look. Bottom line, the American People haven't liked Obamacare since before it was rammed down their throats...and they still don't like it.

I don't think anyone denies that the bull**** predictions and scaremongering, despite having turned out to be totally inaccurate, were at least very successful in poisoning public opinion/perceptions of the ACA.

Congrats!

Now we're in the amusing situation of the Mitch McConnells of the world defending all things ACA (except the name) while vowing to repeal it, Georgians supporting Medicaid expansion but not the ACA, and so on. Like everything in it, hate the label. Savor that, it's the most substantive (if you can call it that) victory anti-ACA folks are likely to get. What with coverage and quality up and costs down and all.

I don't think anyone denies that the bull**** predictions and scaremongering, despite having turned out to be totally inaccurate, were at least very successful in poisoning public opinion/perceptions of the ACA.

Congrats!

Now we're in the amusing situation of the Mitch McConnells of the world defending all things ACA (except the name) while vowing to repeal it, Georgians supporting Medicaid expansion but not the ACA, and so on. Like everything in it, hate the label. Savor that, it's the most substantive (if you can call it that) victory anti-ACA folks are likely to get. What with coverage and quality up and costs down and all.

LOL!!

Did you read the article I linked? There was no BS predictions or scaremongering in it. There WAS facts in it. Facts that portend rough times ahead for Democrats and for Obamacare.

[h=2]The Health Care Apology Tour [/h] It’s not over yet.
BY MICHAEL ASTRUE Bookmark this
President Obama has had to acknowledge two big lies of the Affordable Care Act: (1) You could keep your health insurance plan; and (2) the HealthCare.gov website would be fully operational at launch. Unless he acts with urgency, he will also be forced to apologize for assuring us ...

LOL!!

Did you read the article I linked? There was no BS predictions or scaremongering in it. There WAS facts in it. Facts that portend rough times ahead for Democrats and for Obamacare.

I realize polling is the only thing left for you to trumpet. The problem for you is that, while the ACA polls poorly in the abstract, its components don't. Which is why those components aren't going anywhere. Ask Mitch.

Or, as I said back in May, when it comes to all the stuff in it the public (and GOPers) like, there's no such thing as "Obamacare." http://www.debatepolitics.com/obamacare-aca/194707-theres-no-such-thing-obamacare.html

I realize polling is the only thing left for you to trumpet. The problem for you is that, while the ACA polls poorly in the abstract, its components don't. Which is why those components aren't going anywhere. Ask Mitch.

Or, as I said back in May, when it comes to all the stuff in it the public (and GOPers) like, there's no such thing as "Obamacare." http://www.debatepolitics.com/obamacare-aca/194707-theres-no-such-thing-obamacare.html

I'm not trumpeting polls. I recognize that the numbers in the Obamacare polls are the result of the effects of Obamacare on everyday people. You seem to think people are just parrots for the anti-Obamacare stuff they see and read. I don't believe that. I think people are responding to the effects of Obamacare in their own personal lives. I mean, if Obamacare was as good as you say it is, don't you think the people would agree with you in the polls? They don't agree with you and it's having a direct affect on the upcoming election.

How can they go up that much when it price SHE PAYS is limited to 2% to 8% of her income?

Your asking the wrong person. Perhaps you should ask the authors of the legislation that created the result my daughter had to deal with. Maybe they can explain why she had to change from the Doctor she liked. I seem to remember someone important mentioning that wouldn't happen. My granddaughter wasn't too happy having to deal with a new Pediatrician.

I'm not trumpeting polls. I recognize that the numbers in the Obamacare polls are the result of the effects of Obamacare on everyday people. You seem to think people are just parrots for the anti-Obamacare stuff they see and read. I don't believe that. I think people are responding to the effects of Obamacare in their own personal lives. I mean, if Obamacare was as good as you say it is, don't you think the people would agree with you in the polls? They don't agree with you and it's having a direct affect on the upcoming election.

A hospital-acquired condition you don't get because the ACA is making hospitals safer isn't something you vote on.

A preventable hospital readmission that never occurs because your hospital is providing more robust supports for your discharge back into your community thanks to the ACA isn't something you vote on.

State tax increases avoided because your state Medicaid program is using ACA-created options to better coordinate care and lower costs for the most expensive Medicaid enrollees isn't something you vote on.

A double digit insurance premium increase averted isn't something you vote on.

Medicare premiums dropping, Medicare Advantage plan quality rising, and the lifetime of the Medicare trust extending aren't things you vote on.

A local community health center expanded or built thanks to ACA funding or a medical resident whose training is being funded by the ACA aren't things you vote on.

The number of people positively impacted by the ACA who know it is comparatively small because most people don't know what the ACA is or how it's transforming the health system for the better. You've got people directly insured by the ACA through Kynect who don't even know their exchange, the prohibition on pre-existing condition exclusions, and the financial supports that help them afford private coverage are the ACA. Which is why people like McConnell can get away with saying the dumb things they do.

How many people are even even aware that growth in employer-based premiums just hit a two-decade low? That exchange premiums in many areas of the country are dropping next year? That health spending growth economy-wide hasn't been this low since the early 1960s? That care quality is getting tangibly better? That the uninsurance rate has dropped precipitously?

There isn't a sign attached to each good thing that happens (or bad thing that doesn't) thanks to the ACA giving the law credit. There is, however, a rightwing cacophony claiming that all bad things that happen to anyone are a result of the ACA and all the impacts noted above and more never happened.

A hospital-acquired condition you don't get because the ACA is making hospitals safer isn't something you vote on.

A preventable hospital readmission that never occurs because your hospital is providing more robust supports for your discharge back into your community thanks to the ACA isn't something you vote on.

State tax increases avoided because your state Medicaid program is using ACA-created options to better coordinate care and lower costs for the most expensive Medicaid enrollees isn't something you vote on.

A double digit insurance premium increase averted isn't something you vote on.

Medicare premiums dropping, Medicare Advantage plan quality rising, and the lifetime of the Medicare trust extending aren't things you vote on.

A local community health center expanded or built thanks to ACA funding or a medical resident whose training is being funded by the ACA aren't things you vote on.

The number of people positively impacted by the ACA who know it is comparatively small because most people don't know what the ACA is or how it's transforming the health system for the better. You've got people directly insured by the ACA through Kynect who don't even know their exchange, the prohibition on pre-existing condition exclusions, and the financial supports that help them afford private coverage are the ACA. Which is why people like McConnell can get away with saying the dumb things they do.

How many people are even even aware that growth in employer-based premiums just hit a two-decade low? That exchange premiums in many areas of the country are dropping next year? That health spending growth economy-wide hasn't been this low since the early 1960s? That care quality is getting tangibly better? That the uninsurance rate has dropped precipitously?

There isn't a sign attached to each good thing that happens (or bad thing that doesn't) thanks to the ACA giving the law credit. There is, however, a rightwing cacophony claiming that all bad things that happen to anyone are a result of the ACA and all the impacts noted above and more never happened.

How many people are dreading the time to come when the other shoe drops, their employer-based health insurance gets canceled, they will HAVE to get some other insurance coverage that may...or may not (more likely not)...be as good as or as cheap as what they are losing? I'm thinking a whole lot of people.

Those people would have been the icing on the shellacking the Democrats might have in store for themselves...except Obama managed to kick that can down the street.

Mark my words. People poll and people vote based on what is happening to them personally. The bad stuff from Obamacare isn't over by a long shot and the Democrats are going to suffer in the election next month and likely in the election in 2016.

How many people are dreading the time to come when the other shoe drops, their employer-based health insurance gets canceled, they will HAVE to get some other insurance coverage that may...or may not (more likely not)...be as good as or as cheap as what they are losing? I'm thinking a whole lot of people.

Perhaps! Like I said, the BS predictions and scaremongering may have lots of people dreading things that didn't end up happening and aren't going to. You folks have been quite good at scaring folks and filling them with dread to poison public opinion of the ACA; what you haven't been good at is accurately predicting the future.

Obamacare Refutes Warning of Corporate America Cost Surge
One critical prediction came from Tom Donohue, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce president, who said in January 2011 that many companies were thinking about ending their employer-based plans to cope with the law’s new mandates.

That hasn’t happened. None of the more than 600,000 employers who are clients of Automatic Data Processing Inc. (ADP), the largest U.S. payroll firm, is planning to eliminate health benefits for full-time workers in response to the law known as Obamacare. While there are costs imposed on employers by the law, the amounts are nominal for most companies, according to benefits consultants.

Perhaps! Like I said, the BS predictions and scaremongering may have lots of people dreading things that didn't end up happening and aren't going to. You folks have been quite good at scaring folks and filling them with dread to poison public opinion of the ACA; what you haven't been good at is accurately predicting the future.

Obamacare Refutes Warning of Corporate America Cost Surge

Oh...now you want to talk about the affect of Obamacare on corporations?

Of course, it hasn't impacted corporations...yet. Obama kicked that can down the road for political purposes, but he can't kick it forever. Corporations WILL feel the heat and their employees WILL get hit with the fallout.

Employers may accelerate their cost-cutting with two new Affordable Care Act requirements beginning next year. In January, companies with 100 workers or more must begin to offer insurance to most of them or risk fines of $2,000 per employee. And in 2018, the government will begin to levy a new 40 percent excise tax on so-called “Cadillac” health plans that cost more than $27,500 for a family.

btw, that article's dismissal of Walmart's cuts...because it only affected part-time workers...was incredible. I mean, most people know that a huge portion of Walmart's employees are...part-time. The article can dismiss those people, but those people most definitely are feeling the effects. I'm thinking THAT BS prediction isn't BS to them.

And that article was full of similar half-truths.

My premiums did sky rocket. From $1000 to $5000.
I haven't paid less than $5000 in twenty years. Maybe it was high time you got some real coverage. Eh? :roll:

I'm not sure where all those "boogie men" came from, but things are not as rosy as the author of that article tries to make it look. Bottom line, the American People haven't liked Obamacare since before it was rammed down their throats...and they still don't like it. The upcoming election just might end up being another Democrat shellacking because of it.
I don't much like ACA either, but it's a hell of a lot better than what the moron GOP put on the table--a big fat nothing. Oh, wait. They did put fear and paranoia out there. I almost forgot.

I haven't paid less than $5000 in twenty years. Maybe it was high time you got some real coverage. Eh? :roll:
Good of you to decide who's coverage is real and who's is not. But since you are covered by your employer, please come back and tell us all how great Obamacare is once the employer mandate kicks in. You policy/premium probably hasn't changed, but not because obamacare is wonderful, like you claim. Its because Obamacare hasn't been enforced on employers yet.

Good of you to decide who's coverage is real and who's is not. But since you are covered by your employer, please come back and tell us all how great Obamacare is once the employer mandate kicks in. You policy/premium probably hasn't changed, but not because obamacare is wonderful, like you claim. Its because Obamacare hasn't been enforced on employers yet.
Paying $1000 a year on some BS coverage is about as useless as no insurance. A lot of people pay that each month.

So far.

ALL of the premiums went up at the company I work for, and it's a pretty large company. I also know of a few others who's premiums have gone up, also large companies. And not just by little amounts. A LOT.

Back
Top Bottom