• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Now What !!

Brigand said:
Because, Pat Robertson remarks were fully supported.

You are aware that the attempted coup occured way before Robertson's remarks aren't you? So unless he time traveled and convinced a group to attempt to overthrow Chavez, I fail to see the connection.

Brigand said:
Because, Pat Robertson remarks were fully supported.

By who? Again, what great Radical Christian movement took his words for action? If Chavez was taken out in time, will you stand and declare "it was because of Pat Robertson's remarks?" You're reaching.

GySgt said:
Oh, please. This is pure desperation and smacks of conspiracy theorem. The Book of Revelation speaks on the future and the "upcoming" armegeddon. Christians believe in this. Bin Laden and his ilk are also seeking to jump start armegeddon. I only see one side slaugheting and murdering for their "God."
I have not seen Israel, despite the justifications, roll out over Muslim lands on a conquest to conquer and convert.

Trying to twist anything to demean the enemies agenda is irresponsible at best.

The only desperation that is manifesting itself here is your apparent lack of knowledge of the radical ideas behind Christian Fundamentalist groups, enough to start shouting conspiracy when it doesn't coincide with your notion. So, look. I don't expect you to, because you sound less of student of history or current affairs than you do a poorly educated commissar.

GySgt said:
By who? Again, what great Radical Christian movement took his words for action? If Chavez was taken out in time, will you stand and declare "it was because of Pat Robertson's remarks?" You're reaching.

No, and since I said nothing remotely of the sort there's little to comment on.

Kelzie said:
You are aware that the attempted coup occured way before Robertson's remarks aren't you? So unless he time traveled and convinced a group to attempt to overthrow Chavez, I fail to see the connection.

I didn't say the result of the coup were affiliated with Robertsons remarks. I said they were supported, largely so, by his particuarly wealthy audience of Fundamentalist Christians groups.

Brigand said:
The only desperation that is manifesting itself here is your apparent lack of knowledge of the radical ideas behind Christian Fundamentalist groups, enough to start shouting conspiracy when it doesn't coincide with your notion. So, look. I don't expect you to, because you sound less of student of history or current affairs than you do a poorly educated commissar.

Christian fundamentalist groups are no more to be feared then that little old lady bridge club down the street. It is, indeed, desperation. The fact that it doesn't coincide with my notion is of no consequence. It is history and current affaisr trhat interests me - not the fantasies created by twisting reality into something that it is not.

Brigand said:
I didn't say the result of the coup were affiliated with Robertsons remarks. I said they were supported, largely so, by his particuarly wealthy audience of Fundamentalist Christians groups.

For your comparison to the Islamic Mullahs to make any sort of logical sense, the coup would have to have been ignited by Robertson's remark.

And why in the world would Christians want to overthrow Chavez?

Brigand said:

And what kind of support? What sort of military or terrorist action did any kind of "support" muster? What great Christian suicide bomber destroyed himself and the lives of many others as he met "god" chanting scriptures?

No amount of twisting will cast any sort of real comparison between fundamental Christians and fundamental Muslims. The religions are different and so are the civilizations in which their holy books are interpreted.

GySgt said:
Christian fundamentalist groups are no more to be feared then that little old lady bridge club down the street. It is, indeed, desperation. The fact that it doesn't coincide with my notion is of no consequence. It is history and current affaisr trhat interests me - not the fantasies created by twisting reality into something that it is not.

Christian Fundamentalist groups are some of the most consequential, infuential, largest, wealthiest organizations. Furthermore, I've already made the point for you, that whatever fact that doesn't coincide with your notion is of no interest to you.

Brigand said:
Christian Fundamentalist groups are some of the most consequential, infuential, largest, wealthiest organizations. Furthermore, I've already made the point for you, that whatever fact that doesn't coincide with your notion is of no interest to you.

True, I'm not interested in conspiracy theories. The fact that "Christian Fundamentalist groups are some of the most consequential, infuential, largest, wealthiest organizations" has no bearing on the argument. Christian fundamentalist groups lobby about abortion laws, the non-seperation of church and state, the protection of Israel, and other such things. They are not lobbying and calling for the death of "non-believers," nor are they perverting their religion into a blood cult. They are not forming into militant criminal organizations and blaming the world for any sort of self-inflicted failures. There is still no comparison to Radical Islam.

GySgt said:
True, I'm not interested in conspiracy theories. The fact that "Christian Fundamentalist groups are some of the most consequential, infuential, largest, wealthiest organizations" has no bearing on the argument. Christian fundamentalist groups lobby about abortion laws, the non-seperation of church and state, the protection of Israel, and other such things. They are not lobbying and calling for the death of "non-believers," nor are they perverting their religion into a blood cult. They are not forming into militant criminal organizations and blaming the world for any sort of self-inflicted failures. There is still no comparison to Radical Islam.

Earlier you said such fundamental groups don't exist! This is getting incredibly stupid... and boring. Polarity in your own averments, already, is one thing, but you're clearly lacking in the most elementary knowledge of anything outside your very own blinding sorts of extremism.

-Christian fundamentalist groups lobby about abortion laws, the non-seperation of church and state, the protection of Israel...

Hence the above...That is a truly pathetic assertion. Infact, laughable.

Last edited:
Brigand said:
Earlier you said such fundamental groups don't exist! This is getting incredibly stupid... and boring. Polarity in your own averments, already, is one thing, but you're clearly lacking in the most elementary knowledge of anything outside your very own blind extremism.

-Christian fundamentalist groups lobby about abortion laws, the non-seperation of church and state, the protection of Israel...

Hence the above...That is a truly pathetic assertion. Infact, laughable.

Oh really? Where did he say Christian fundamentalist groups don't exist? Maybe if you read his posts a little closer, you wouldn't be so confused.

Kelzie said:
Oh really? Where did he say Christian fundamentalist groups don't exist? Maybe if you read his posts a little closer, you wouldn't be so confused.

Quote: I see no radical Christian movement groups formed into numerous organizations.

Brigand said:
Quote: I see no radical Christian movement groups formed into numerous organizations.

That's right. And if you take his whole quote you get:

GySgt said:
Again, I see no great Radical Christian movement formed into numerous organizations. I don't see where the "abortion clinic bomber" is cheered for by the Christian masses and preachers. I don't see where the perverted Christian cult, of whose members commit suicide at the site of Haley's Comet, is held on a pedestal. I do not see where a Christian zealot, who may commit a despicable crime in the name of "god," would go unchallenged by a legion of Christian preachers who would condemn that action.

Which is a far cry from saying their are no Christian fundamental groups.

Kelzie said:
That's right. And if you take his whole quote you get:

Which is a far cry from saying their are no Christian fundamental groups.

No it is not. It says, "I see no radical christian groups formed into numerous organizations."
What followed had nothing to with a decleration of the existence of fundamentalist groups, at all. He was making a comparitive argument on what he states as not being celebrated. Infact, the entire post was a stupid contradiction.

The only confusion here is your exceptionally poor reading skills.

Last edited:
Brigand said:
No it is not. It says, "I see no radical christian groups formed into numerous organizations."
What followed had nothing to with a decleration of the existence of fundamentalist groups, at all. He was making a comparitive argument on what he states as not being celebrated. Infact, the entire post was a stupid contradiction.

The only confusion here is your exceptionally poor reading skills.

Whoa, hold on there confused one. Your frustrations make you extremely simple don't they?

When I said there are no Christian fundamental Christian groups, we were discussing Radical Islam and therefore was in the context of terrorist organizations. It would seem that it is you that cannot comprehend and follow the most simplest assertions. Everyone else seems to have had no problem grasping it.

I was warned that you are one of those guys that needs the flow of the discussion to constantly be elucidated for him. I encountered some of this obtuseness in another thread from you. I see the warnings were accurate.

Whoa Gunny! You keep talking like that and I'm gonna hafta go back to skool!

:rofl

GySgt said:
Whoa, hold on there confused one. Your frustrations make you extremely simple don't they?

When I said there are no Christian fundamental Christian groups, we were discussing Radical Islam and therefore was in the context of terrorist organizations. It would seem that it is you that cannot comprehend and follow the most simplest assertions. Everyone else seems to have had no problem grasping it.

I was warned that you are one of those guys that needs the flow of the discussion to constantly be elucidated for him. I encountered some of this obtuseness in another thread from you. I see the warnings were accurate.

No, actually your exposition was pretty lousy. What you said was "there are no Christian fundamental Christian groups", which one interprets as meaning you said "there are no Christian fundamental Christian groups". If you wanted it to reflect the particular context that you meant to include, then you should word it better instead of later washing your posts down with polysllabics explaining it. Everyone else, was Kelzie that thought it meant something completely different to how you've just said it. so, no, not everyone else. Infact, I could dissect most of your previous postings and show a heap of such paltry constructions. Second of all, you're one of the most usless people I've ever seen argue a point. You're far less of one that is armed with a wealth of knowledge than you are a cheap little mud-slinger quickly armed with a thesaurus and your above friend clapping in glee when you read from it. Thesaurus use indeed since you can't barely comprehend the simple difference between - their, there and they're, let alone big words by yourself.

As for your so-called warnings. I don't know where and to whom your attention goes and I care even less.

This debate has quickly degenerated into the idea of throwing **** around because it's an apparent particular favourite of yours knowing you've got more chance of making that stick than your whole argument itself.

And, constantly, it's been the same thing from you: "oh, you're obtuse! oh, you appeaser!, oh, it's all so obtuse!" here and elsewhere and so on and so on reapeating your entire boring eposide, again. The only unfortunate position I left myself was bothering to debate with you in the first place. As a consequence from here on, I think you ought to be left alone, for elementary sakes of bypassing complete boredom.

Last edited:
Brigand said:
No, actually your exposition was pretty lousy. What you said was "there are no Christian fundamental Christian groups", which one interprets as meaning you said "there are no Christian fundamental Christian groups". If you wanted it to reflect the particular context that you meant to include, then you should word it better instead of later washing your posts down with polysllabics explaining it. Infact, I could dissect most of your previous postings and show a heap of such paltry constructions. Second of all, you're one of the most usless people I've ever seen argue a point. You're far less of one that is armed with a wealth of knowledge than you are a cheap little mud-slinger armed with a thesaurus and your above friend clapping in glee when you read from it.
As for your so-called warnings. I don't know where and to whom your attention goes and I care even less.
This debate has quickly degenerated into the idea of throwing **** around because it's an apparent particular favourite of yours knowing you've got more chance of making that stick than your whole argument itself. And, constantly, it's been the same thing from you: "oh, you're obtuse! oh, you appeaser!, oh, it's all so obtuse!" here and elsewhere and so on and so on reapeating your entire boring eposide, again. The only unfortunate position I left myself was bothering to debate with you in the first place. As a consequence from here on, I think you ought to be left alone, for elementary sakes of bypassing complete boredom.

My, you do have an inferiority complex don't you. One should recognize when one starts a contest of abrasivness before one begins whining about retaliatory abrasivness.

Like what has been said before, if you are so simple an individual that you cannot comprehend a discussion without fumbling the theme of said discussion, keep to more simple threads. No one has been confused by the thousands of posts thus far. Maybe if I didn't have to re-invent the same droll discussions for every new guy that thinks he has it figured it out, I wouldn't skip to the points while ommitting out what the oppostion so dearly needs - trite explanations along the way.

Since the theme was about religious fundamentalism in regards to terrorism and the attempt was made to lump Christian fundamental groups into the same category, the statement that there are no Christian fundamental groups rings true to the theme. Does this interpretation sit well with your sense of securities or shall we continue to argue something stupid?

Try not to embarrass yourself in your reply.

Last edited:
GySgt said:
My, you do have an inferiority complex don't you. One should recognize when one starts a contest of abrasivness before one begins whining about retaliatory abrasivness.

Like what has been said before, if you are so simple an individual that you cannot comprehend a discussion without fumbling the theme of said discussion, keep to more simple threads. No one has been confused by the thousands of posts thus far. Maybe if I didn't have to re-invent the same droll discussions for every new guy that thinks he has it figured it out, I wouldn't skip to the points while ommitting out what the oppostion so dearly needs - trite explanations along the way.

Since the theme was about religious fundamentalism in regards to terrorism and the attempt was made to lump Christian fundamental groups into the same category, the statement that there are no Christian fundamental groups rings true to the theme. Does this interpretation sit well with your sense of securities or shall we continue to argue something stupid?

Try not to embarrass yourself in your reply.

Jog on, you silly daft prick! haha

[mod mode]

This isn't the basement. Let's clean up our acts a little. And y'all are lucky I'm too lazy to drag another mod on here to evaluate who needs warnings. Cause for sure someone would be getting one.

[/mod mode]

Brigand said:
Jog on, you silly daft prick! haha

So, sport, you, for some reason, feel compelled to point out your own laughter at your own really, really, bad, stupid jokes? That's just fuc*king sad.

Psychology 101.

I'm teacher, if I were you Skippy, I'd steer clear of me. I have enough fun around here as it is.

In the mean time, have some fun with GySgt and Tashah while you get reamed.

GySgt said:
One should recognize when one starts a contest of abrasivness before one begins whining about retaliatory abrasivness.
In other words, Brigand, you started it, Gunny's gonna finish it.

See GySgt. I, teacher, you know by now, have once again said it in less words that you. I win. Yea me. I deserve to wear this cape.

teacher said:
So, sport, you, for some reason, feel compelled to point out your own laughter at your own really, really, bad, stupid jokes? That's just fuc*king sad.

Psychology 101.

I'm teacher, if I were you Skippy, I'd steer clear of me. I have enough fun around here as it is.

In the mean time, have some fun with GySgt and Tashah while you get reamed.

Wha? Hello?!? I'm here too!

Back
Top Bottom