• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No S.S. increase again!!!!

Crazy idea: instead of debating semantics, discuss the content of what he actually said.

Who put you in charge of how people should debate???

I am also whining about your dad and mom who will not get a raise in his SS.

Moderator's Warning:
Topic please folks. Let's keep to the topic.

Good for them.
I care about other people and always will.

As do I. However, if we are going to balance the budget, someone is going to be hurt by it. I do not think I am being uncaring by pointing out this unfortunate reality.

That's kind of a BS statement....Whether or not it was intended as a "primary source of retirement income" or not.

Look up the legislation around Social Security. It was NEVER meant to be the primary source. No one intended it to be. It was modeled upon the German retirement system to supplement personal savings. Not replace savings.

That's how it is and has been perceived since inception.

Then you must think Social Security came about in the past 30 years.

From my view point it was intended to aid/provide those who at the ripe old age of 65 had no retirement income with a minimal means to survive.

go look up the history of Social Security along with the original German model. It was never ever ever intended to be the primary source of retirement funds.

How exactly would you like Obama to obtain the funds to pay for your parents social security increase? You can either cut your parents medicare funding, cut the defense budget, and/or raise taxes. Which option do you choose?
i say cut the defense budget with 16 million illegals just walking across i'm guessing it is being spent poorly anyways.

I'm digressing, here - but it's a total bummer when you calculated out how much pay you earn while deployed. . . for my husband it was $1.15 an hour or something like that - painfully crappy - because it's not really *shift duty* anymore while you're gone.

:lol: yeah, i one time figured the difference in hourly wage from my civilian job to joining the military; i figured i took a 90% pay cut :lol:

Look up the legislation around Social Security. It was NEVER meant to be the primary source. No one intended it to be. It was modeled upon the German retirement system to supplement personal savings. Not replace savings.

Then you must think Social Security came about in the past 30 years.

go look up the history of Social Security along with the original German model. It was never ever ever intended to be the primary source of retirement funds.

truth. can anyone say "moral hazard"?

Back
Top Bottom