• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL 2021

How long will Urban Meyer last in the NFL? He got saddled with a bad franchise and an overhyped rookie QB. And even worse he seems to be clueless about the NFL

There is no reason to believe anything The Spun "reports" because it specializes in fake news.

If you want to know anything about the Jacksonville Jaguars, go to ESPN, CBS Sports, NFL.com, Jaguars com, Jagwire, Big Cat Country, and the Florida Times-Union. They are real news sources.

Yeah. 1 thing though about the AFC west... The Broncos are 3-0...But The teams they beaten are 0-9...

Jacksonville is stuck with the NFC Best this season and got the first one, Arizona, in Week 3. How much of that loss can you blame on them without crediting the Cardinals?

There is no reason to believe anything The Spun "reports" because it specializes in fake news.

If you want to know anything about the Jacksonville Jaguars, go to ESPN, CBS Sports, NFL.com, Jaguars com, Jagwire, Big Cat Country, and the Florida Times-Union. They are real news sources.

After the season. That's why I said I don't think he'll be their coach in 2022.

I don't see him "quitting" but I could see him jumping back to college if a team gives him an offer or just retiring altogether

Its going to be a long year for the Patriots...

- No real offensive weapons
- Stagnant/scared play calls from McDaniel's especially in the RZ
- A rookie QB who honestly despite some recent hype hasn't really shown me anything that I can get excited for.
- Terrible O-Line
- A defense that is struggling to make stops when it matters.

That's definitely not true. Their TEs and running backs are good, and their WRs are average. Aside from a few guys, most of their skill players are new in this offense, and the QB is a rookie too. It's going to take a while to find their groove, but when they do I think it will be a pretty good offense.
I think a lot of that has to do with Mac Jones and a lot of the players not having experience in this offense yet. I think the play calling has been conservative by design, but it will probably open up once the players (especially the QB) are more comfortable with the playbook.
- A rookie QB who honestly despite some recent hype hasn't really shown me anything that I can get excited for.
He's shown to be a smart/quick decision maker, he protects the ball well and has played efficiently when not under a lot of pressure, and he's shown ability to make decent throws down field. He obviously isn't completely comfortable in the offense, and he's taking a lot of unnecessary sacks and making other mistakes that veteran QBs wouldn't make. But that's all fixable and there's definitely plenty to be excited for.
- Terrible O-Line
The O-line had a bad game, but it's definitely not terrible. It's decent, and so is the defense which held the first two teams they played to 17 and 6 points. The game against the Saints the offense couldn't sustain drives and turned the ball over 3 times. That's not at all on the defense.

That's definitely not true. Their TEs and running backs are good, and their WRs are average. Aside from a few guys, most of their skill players are new in this offense, and the QB is a rookie too. It's going to take a while to find their groove, but when they do I think it will be a pretty good offense.

I think a lot of that has to do with Mac Jones and a lot of the players not having experience in this offense yet. I think the play calling has been conservative by design, but it will probably open up once the players (especially the QB) are more comfortable with the playbook.

He's shown to be a smart/quick decision maker, he protects the ball well and has played efficiently when not under a lot of pressure, and he's shown ability to make decent throws down field. He obviously isn't completely comfortable in the offense, and he's taking a lot of unnecessary sacks and making other mistakes that veteran QBs wouldn't make. But that's all fixable and there's definitely plenty to be excited for.

The O-line had a bad game, but it's definitely not terrible. It's decent, and so is the defense which held the first two teams they played to 17 and 6 points. The game against the Saints the offense couldn't sustain drives and turned the ball over 3 times. That's not at all on the defense.

The tight ends are fine ( although Smith sucked yesterday) but our Wr's are nothing special. They don't get any separation especially in the RZ, I mean Cam was 2nd last year for team receiving TD's.

As for the o-line he was hit 11 times yesterday and also led the league in hits vs Miami in week 1. The kid is getting smashed.

The tight ends are fine ( although Smith sucked yesterday) but our Wr's are nothing special. They don't get any separation especially in the RZ, I mean Cam was 2nd last year for team receiving TD's.

As for the o-line he was hit 11 times yesterday and also led the league in hits vs Miami in week 1. The kid is getting smashed.

QBs who get hit too often can develop some really bad mechanics, often referred to as "chuck and duck." David Carr, Eric Couch, Andrew Luck and many others have had their development and ultimately their careers upended due to bad offensive lines early in their careers.

- Terrible O-Line
So what you are saying is we should not be hearing from Bucky predicting a Super Bowl participation

Zack Wilson so far this year has 1.7 seconds to throw the ball..

That's terrible even for a veteran QB. It's not doable... For a rookie? He may not survive. Jets should sit him a few games...

So what you are saying is we should not be hearing from Bucky predicting a Super Bowl participation

All of you guys are the prisoner of the moment fans.

We are only 3 games into the season, RELAX.

That's terrible even for a veteran QB. It's not doable... For a rookie? He may not survive. Jets should sit him a few games...
It seems like so many teams put the cart before the horse by drafting a QB high in the first round and then trying to put together an offensive line.

When the Jets were playing the Patriots I noticed that he was trying to make a lot of down field throws. Those take longer to develop, so if the Jets can stick to mostly short passes he won't be pressured as much.

All of you guys are the prisoner of the moment fans.

We are only 3 games into the season, RELAX.
To assuage your loss, at least Tom Brady lost too

When the Jets were playing the Patriots I noticed that he was trying to make a lot of down field throws. Those take longer to develop, so if the Jets can stick to mostly short passes he won't be pressured as much.
Got to have receivers open though, even on short passes. 1.7 seconds is not a lot of time..

Yeah Mariota is so good he got run out of Tennessee by a WR turned QB

He was run out of Tennessee by a defensive end turned linebacker, actually. It was Mike Vrabel's decision not to start him anymore.

I don't see him "quitting" but I could see him jumping back to college if a team gives him an offer or just retiring altogether

Accepting a college team's offer is quitting.

It also is something Urban Meyer will not think about doing before next year at the earliest. His focus is 100% on the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Back
Top Bottom