• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL 2021

He's shown to be a smart/quick decision maker, he protects the ball well and has played efficiently when not under a lot of pressure, and he's shown ability to make decent throws down field. He obviously isn't completely comfortable in the offense, and he's taking a lot of unnecessary sacks and making other mistakes that veteran QBs wouldn't make. But that's all fixable and there's definitely plenty to be excited for.

I stopped reading at "protects the ball" because Mac Jones threw three interceptions (including a pick six) yesterday. Exactly how it that protecting the football?

QBs who get hit too often can develop some really bad mechanics, often referred to as "chuck and duck." David Carr, Eric Couch, Andrew Luck and many others have had their development and ultimately their careers upended due to bad offensive lines early in their careers.

Tim Couch, not Eric.

Andrew Luck was supposed to be a generational talent. David Carr OTOH was just the guy Houston wanted, not necessarily the best QB in the 2002 draft.

I stopped reading at "protects the ball" because Mac Jones threw three interceptions (including a pick six) yesterday. Exactly how it that protecting the football?
I'm basing my judgement off of what I've seen from him so far, not just one game. Most QBs would perform poorly in that Saints game given the pressure he was under, especially rookies. He demonstrated that he can protect the ball and be efficient in the previous two games. There's clearly good reasons for why Pats fans are excited. We'll get a clearer picture as the season progresses.

I'm basing my judgement off of what I've seen from him so far, not just one game. Most QBs would perform poorly in that Saints game given the pressure he was under, especially rookies. He demonstrated that he can protect the ball and be efficient in the previous two games. There's clearly good reasons for why Pats fans are excited. We'll get a clearer picture as the season progresses.

And who were his previous two opponents?

He needs to prove himself against playoff teams, not just basement dwellers.

Tim Couch, not Eric.

Andrew Luck was supposed to be a generational talent. David Carr OTOH was just the guy Houston wanted, not necessarily the best QB in the 2002 draft.
Honestly, we never know what Carr could have become, as he was setting records for getting sacked.

And who were his previous two opponents?

He needs to prove himself against playoff teams, not just basement dwellers.
I agree, but I wasn't trying to say that he has proven anything up until this point. I was responding to someone who said that there's no reason to be excited about Mac Jones, but that's definitely not true. He has shown ability and Pats fans have every right to be optimistic. But 3 games is way too small a sample size, no matter who he's played. It's going to be a while longer before I can confidently say anything about Mac Jones, or any of the rookie QBs for that matter.

Accepting a college team's offer is quitting.

It also is something Urban Meyer will not think about doing before next year at the earliest. His focus is 100% on the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Just like Petrino was 100% focused on the falcons

Just like Petrino was 100% focused on the Falcons

Urban Meyer is obviously not Bobby Petrino. You know that.

If you want to compare Urban Meyer to a coach who failed in the NFL after winning multiple national championships in college, prove your claim he is not 100% focused on the NFL and Jacksonville Jaguars.

BTW Petrino did not win any national championships as a college head coach.

Last edited:
Yes Petrino was smart enough to get away from the Jags when he had a chance.

Liar, liar, pants on fire. He obhviously never had anything to do with the Jaguars.

He also obviously has absolutely nothing to do with the 2021 NFL season.

Looking for a 70+ yard Tucker FG this week. Pollard’s rushing yards have jumped from 29.5 to 34.5. We’ll see how good the NFC South is.

So what you are saying is we should not be hearing from Bucky predicting a Super Bowl participation

Nobody should ever believe anything Bucky says about the Patriots. He blindly supports everything they do for the sake of loving the team at all costs, refusing to accept the possibility anything they do is ever wrong. This is how he behaves in the politics forums so it should not surprise anyone.

New England does not have any chance of making the playoffs without at least 11 wins. Can someone find nine more wins on their schedule?

Looking for a 70+ yard Tucker FG this week.

Justin Tucker was lucky he made one from 66. It bonked off the crossbar. I would actually say he can't kick from more than 65 yards out if it had bounced back into the end zone.

We’ll see how good the NFC South is.

Carolina is undefeated because New Orleans sucked in Charlotte. Only the Falcons have a losing record.

Last edited:
Looking for a 70+ yard Tucker FG this week. Pollard’s rushing yards have jumped from 29.5 to 34.5. We’ll see how good the NFC South is.
Ravens in Denver. Mile high... Good possibility..

I watched a little of the Jets yesterday. 1 of the announcers was talking about 1 of the teams(I forgot which team, I think it was the Jets) FG kickers kicking 69 year FGs during warm-ups...

Why wasn't Jimmy Ward penalized for trying to give Devante Adam a concussion? I saw one Packers player begging for a flag while Adams waited for trainers to arrive. Jerome Boger had the power to eject him. It reminded me of Vontaze Burfict's hit on then-Steelers WR Antonio Brown during a playoff game. He was totally unblocked while running straight toward Adams, who was already in the middle of a tackle;, so you can't call that helmet collision an accident.

Expect Troy Vincent to send Ward a letter with dollar signs.

Last edited:
Ravens in Denver. Mile high... Good possibility..

I watched a little of the Jets yesterday. 1 of the announcers was talking about 1 of the teams(I forgot which team, I think it was the Jets) FG kickers kicking 69 year FGs during warm-ups...
Nagy needs to be fired toot sweet. Another good game tonight. Lots of injuries going in though. Ertz is back. Eagle D front must pressure Dak.

Said to be a win-win trade between the Jags and Panthers swapping a CB and TE with draft picks involved.

Only see three decent early games out of 9 on Sunday: KC/PHI, CLE/MIN, and CAR/DAL; last six games look really good;

MLB winding down; Linc is 😞; ‘College’ ball has some great games but hard to get excited with the fixed chosen four.

Back
Top Bottom