• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nathan Phillips vet status in question (1 Viewer)

If you've never been there, you would never know.

And it's really ****ty of you to talk about her father like that.

You people are all about "support the troops," as long as it fits your narrative.

You should be ashamed.

Real right wingers support the troops. The citizens of Trump Fan Nation will support what Trump tells them to support.

There was once a time that a decent person would chew his left arm off before supporting a piece of **** who publicly admits he doesn't like POWs.

SheWolf is 100% correct. They are truly appalling and disgusting.

Actually there is Force Recon. When I was in bootcamp we would sing while running, "I wanna be a recon ranger, I wanna live a life of danger...…. But I couldn't tell you what they called themselves in recon, I was a supply geek.:peace

That is the little diddy I was talking about too.
We all sang it and I was a squid.

Nathan Phillips never served in Vietnam. He does have records proving he was in the service during the time of the draft.

Nathan Phillips has changed his story multiple times.

Nathan Phillips in his own story telling has been proved false by video.

Nathan Phillips on the same day he walked into the crowd of high school students attempted to disrupt the mass at the Basilica. They had to lock the doors to keep him from coming in.

Nathan Phillips has brought false witness against EMU students in 2005 claiming racism.

Nathan Phillips may be a vet but he is also an activist and a big fat liar.

Long rang reconnaissance was a ranger mission in Vietnam. That's all I'm saying.

You claimed there is no such thing as a recon ranger … that IS wrong … the mission of Rangers requires reconnaissance.

:slapme: ...and you completely missed the fact we are talking about MARINE UNITS not ARMY.

Nope, you said in post #3: "There's no such thing as a "recon ranger".

That's wrong. It's not hard to snipe you, especially when it comes to your disrespect for the Military.

This post indicates you were completely clueless to the conversation at-hand.
Don't feel bad, it happens to me a lot too, when i did not bother to read the posts before the one i commented on.
It happens to all of us.

The difference is having the personal integrity to admit you jumped in the middle of a conversation and made a mistake.

Last edited:
Nathan Phillips never served in Vietnam. He does have records proving he was in the service during the time of the draft.

Nathan Phillips has changed his story multiple times.

Nathan Phillips in his own story telling has been proved false by video.

Nathan Phillips on the same day he walked into the crowd of high school students attempted to disrupt the mass at the Basilica. They had to lock the doors to keep him from coming in.

Nathan Phillips has brought false witness against EMU students in 2005 claiming racism.

Nathan Phillips may be a vet but he is also an activist and a big fat liar.

lol... for somebody who really went off on the MSM for getting their facts wrong, you are really knee deep in your own right wing fake news. Please stop trusting right wing fake news.

Real right wingers support the troops. The citizens of Trump Fan Nation will support what Trump tells them to support.

There was once a time that a decent person would chew his left arm off before supporting a piece of **** who publicly admits he doesn't like POWs.

True. I keep saying "the right" when I mean "Trump's right." There is a big difference.

Then there was a time before that where people were openly hostile against them, and those who served. They grew up and found a home of the left. I've even seen it a little bit now, when I was at my last duty station in California, so it's not like there are clean hands on any side for this. I have to admit that at least it's generally not something that happens with the majority of either side, so that's good.

Man, yeah. Going after an elderly vet. Thought these guys loved the troops?

You can be a vet and also have tons of other vets go after you if you lie or mislead about your service. In case you don't know, not sure if any civies would, doing that type of thing is especially looked down on by fellow Service Members.

Then explain the little diddy....

I wanna be a recon ranger
Da dada da dada dat da da
I wanna live a life of danger
Da dada da da dat da da.

Doesn't prove ****. Mainly because it's unvarafiable.

Trump supporters love the military, as long as the member has the right right letter next to their name. They also pretend not to like deserters and draft dodgers, unless the draft dodger is named Trump.

Even though his veteran status is completely irrelevant to the recent event in D.C..

true as was the hats the students wore......however, if they didn't have MAGA hats, I doubt most of you all who don't live in the Greater Cincinnati area would have ever heard of this incident

You can serve in the army, and not see the field of battle.

Yeah, no kidding. I've met people who actually served in Vietnam that never saw any combat.

That isn't the point. The media falsely reported that Phillips was a "Vietnam veteran". Phillips never corrected the record. The whole story was a lie, from start to finish.

lol... for somebody who really went off on the MSM for getting their facts wrong, you are really knee deep in your own right wing fake news. Please stop trusting right wing fake news.

No SheWolf if you were really interested in the facts you wouldn't be posting the crap you have been engaged in the past few days. Nathan Philliips is a damn liar. Nathan Phillips has been found out.

true as was the hats the students wore......however, if they didn't have MAGA hats, I doubt most of you all who don't live in the Greater Cincinnati area would have ever heard of this incident
Agree. I made the same point in post #34.
Nah, you missed the obvious driver of the story. If everything else was exactly the same except the boys didn’t have MAGA hats on it likely wouldn’t have even made the local news much less major networks.

It sure as hell was relevant when the falsified story first broke.
There’s a difference between what is thought to be relevant and what is relevant.

Right up into someone's face, I do.

At no point did it look like he was “into someone’s face,” to the extent that the little punk was in any danger. He was just beating a drum, FCOL, and if anyone was in someone’s face, it was the little punk with the red hat.

My husband was an MP during Vietnam. Do you know how many soldiers went AWOL during Vietnam?

Lots of them. I guess they are all "scummy soldiers" now.

Do they get a patch for that? :roll:

You forgot the 'lie about your position' part and x 3

At no point did it look like he was “into someone’s face,” to the extent that the little punk was in any danger. He was just beating a drum, FCOL, and if anyone was in someone’s face, it was the little punk with the red hat.

Don't move the goalposts. You said "unless you consider beating a drum and chanting a “confrontation.”
Now you add to the extent that the little punk was in any danger.

You obviously only saw the one video. Shame. I reacted the same way when I only saw the first video in the original story.

Did you work with them back in the '70's?

No I did not. I am simply stating how it is now. That said I have my doubts to many Marines called themselves something that has only ever really been an army thing.

These people are sick. Mr Phillip's actually showed up when Uncle Sam called, which is more than we can say about Trump and his fake bone spurs. And Trump attacked McCain's record and a Gold Star family to boot, so it make sense they would attack another vet like Phillip.

Trumpers are utterly appalling.

Disgusting.

Well actually Phillips failed to show up, which is why he had three UAs and was drummed out of the service

What exactly is wrong here? Note, not convienent to your agenda does not equal wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom