• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MSNBC's Chris Matthews doesn't get war re-enactments...

I wonder if Chris Matthews got a thrill up his leg when he saw him in a nazi uniform. :lamo

I think the guy is gay.

No, I think you're mistaken. He's an idiot.

Its not really a valid comparison because Al Franken was mocking Saddam, whereas Iott was romanticizing and trying to relive the SS Wassen. The victims of the SS Wassen and their descendent's are right to be offended.

Some of you seem to think dressing up as and re-enacting the SS Wassen is a non issue which suggests you have no regard for the atrocities they committed on millions of people and whose descendent's are deeply offended and appalled that anyone would romanticize or even want to relive or re-enact what those monsters did. Yet many of you are the same people who were so outraged over a mosque that had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11 or the families of the victims. So tell me, how do you reconcile such hypocrisy?
A... prove it.
B... As I said in another thread, that means you think all actors who have ever worn a Nazi uniform are closet Nazi's, hate Jews, etc... right? Or, is it only thr republicans running against Democrats that that applies to?

You're entitled to your opinion. And I am entitled to tell you your opinion in this matter is worth less than the dog crap I stepped in this morning on the way to work.

Here's a list of movies any overly sensitive Liberals who agree with MOOT might want to avoid...
Roma, Città Aperta (Open City)

Cross of Iron

Schindler's List

Amen

Downfall

American History X

The Pianist

OLYMPIA

Triumph of the Will

Enemy at the Gates

Nuremberg

Band of Brothers

You might want to also avoid any other movies any of these actors were also in, as the actors are obviously closet Nazi's and hate Jews.

Side Note... it's actually Waffen SS..... the SS Wassen was a Lithuanian frigate that sailed around the world around the time of Marc Anthony and Cleopatra:screwy

Last edited:
A... prove it.
What else would you call it when someone tries to make criminals who murdered for pleasure and sport, look like good guys?

B... As I said in another thread, that means you think all actors who have ever worn a Nazi uniform are closet Nazi's, hate Jews, etc... right? Or, is it only thr republicans running against Democrats that that applies to?
Sorry no. A said B thinks C this, therefore all C's are this. First of all, A does not know what B thinks and secondly just because A says so does not mean all C's are what B thinks. Again, you don't understand that your argument is nothing but an illogical fallacy.

You're entitled to your opinion. And I am entitled to tell you your opinion in this matter is worth less than the dog crap I stepped in this morning on the way to work.
Then you should watch your step.

Here's a list of movies any overly sensitive Liberals who agree with MOOT might want to avoid..
You might want to also avoid any other movies any of these actors were also in, as the actors are obviously closet Nazi's and hate Jews.
You're so funny.

Side Note... it's actually Waffen SS..... the SS Wassen was a Lithuanian frigate that sailed around the world around the time of Marc Anthony and Cleopatra:screwy
I know, but I wanted Wassen to rhyme with Abfallhafen.

Moderator's Warning:
Moot and Whovian, Cease Fire. This is the second thread where you two have been sniping at each other, and bordering on flaming/trolling/baiting to each other. Last warning.

Moderator's Warning:
Caution: Depending on context and use, the word "fag" may be construed as a slur and may be subject to infraction.

PMSNBC's ratings are tanked anyway. this is the best they can do.

A lot of you people take him seriously or else he/she wouldn't be on T.V.

More is the pitty. Beck is popular as well, but I certianly wouldn't take him seriously. Not Oberman either. This is part of our problem as a nation. Too many are taking these people seriously.

Its not really a valid comparison because Al Franken was mocking Saddam, whereas Iott was romanticizing and trying to relive the SS Wassen. The victims of the SS Wassen and their descendent's are right to be offended.

Some of you seem to think dressing up as and re-enacting the SS Wassen is a non issue which suggests you have no regard for the atrocities they committed on millions of people and whose descendent's are deeply offended and appalled that anyone would romanticize or even want to relive or re-enact what those monsters did. Yet many of you are the same people who were so outraged over a mosque that had absolutely nothing to do with 9/11 or the families of the victims. So tell me, how do you reconcile such hypocrisy?

Quick question, Moot. Does the following picture offend you in anyway?
v0_master.jpg

I have no issue with re-enactments. There are a ****load of Civil War re-enactments in the areas I grew up. I've even been thinking about joining one. I would, of course, be on the Southern side since my loyalties lie with state's rights. ;)

If I did a WW reenactment, I'd totally be a Nazi. Just because I think it would be more fun to play the bad guy.

A lot of you people take him seriously or else he/she wouldn't be on T.V.

Yes, and that the same time, this is a man with credentials.

Served as a police officer.
Staffer to a few congressmen.
Mounted an unsuccessful campaign for Congress.
Served as a speech writer in the Carter administration.
Aide for Tip O' Neill.

Basically, until the guy starts talking about Washington politics as a whole, he becomes meaningless on television. But it would be silly to say this guy is strictly an entertainer.

Last edited:
Let's see here, Rich Iott....Trent Lott, I'll bet they're related. Nazi? Thurmond? Oooohhhh, do I see a pattern here? I'll bet I know where this is going. ;)

Quick question, Moot. Does the following picture offend you in anyway?
v0_master.jpg
You ignored all the facts and points made so you can "beg the question" to avoid answering my question? Your failure to provide an answer is proof enough that you can't reconcile your own hypocrisy.

You ignored all the facts and points made so you can "beg the question" to avoid answering my question? Your failure to provide an answer is proof enough that you can't reconcile your own hypocrisy.

Quote my hypocrisy... and please answer my question. I'm attempting to see what sort of framework you're using to define your moral standards.

Last edited:
Quote my hypocrisy... and please answer my question. I'm attempting to see what sort of framework you're using to define your moral standards.
I have answered your question many times throughout three threads on the same subject, as have many others and yet you insist on ignoring all the evidence and the points we've made so you can impose your fallacious strawman to avoid answering my question; HOW DO YOU RECONCILE THE HYPOCRICY OF THE RIGHTWING after they made an issue over Obama dressed as a Muslim or their sympathy for the 9/11 families who are offended over a mosque that had nothing to do with 9/11, and yet try to pretend it's not an issue when a GOP tea party candidate who dressed as a Nazi, but not just any Nazi, an SS Wassen who commited some of the worst atrocities against mankind in recent history and whose victims and their direct decendents are still alive today and find extremley appalling that anyone would try to whitewash, romanticize and glorify those monsters? So how do you concile yours and those on the rights hypocricy? And you better answer with a real answer and not another question or there will be little doubt what you really are.

Last edited:
I have answered your question many times throughout three threads on the same subject, as have many others and yet you insist on ignoring all the evidence and the points we've made so you can impose your fallacious strawman to avoid answering my question; HOW DO YOU RECONCILE THE HYPOCRICY OF THE RIGHTWING after they made an issue over Obama dressed as a Muslim or their sympathy for the 9/11 families who are offended over a mosque that had nothing to do with 9/11, and yet try to pretend it's not an issue when a GOP tea party candidate who dressed as a Nazi, but not just any Nazi, an SS Wassen who commited some of the worst atrocities against mankind in recent history and whose victims and their direct decendents are still alive today and find extremley appalling that anyone would try to whitewash, romanticize and glorify those monsters? So how do you concile yours and those on the rights hypocricy? And you better answer with a real answer and not another question or there will be little doubt what you really are.

I think you have me confused with someone else. I never mentioned Obama dressed as a Muslim and I certainly have not posted about this issue in any other threads. I was not aware any others existed. You haven't answered any questions I've posed to you. Your memory appears to be failing, Dear.

You still haven't answered my question. Does the picture offend you? Yes or no? It's quite simple, really.

v0_master.jpg

I think you have me confused with someone else. I never mentioned Obama dressed as a Muslim and I certainly have not posted about this issue in any other threads. I was not aware any others existed. You haven't answered any questions I've posed to you. Your memory appears to be failing, Dear.

You still haven't answered my question. Does the picture offend you? Yes or no? It's quite simple, really.
You responded to my post first so if you want to play answer the question then answer my question first. And no, I do not have you confused with someone else because I posed the question to the rightwing and YOU responded.

You responded to my post first so if you want to play answer the question then answer my question first. And no, I do not have you confused with someone else because I posed the question to the rightwing and YOU responded.

Here's the thing, pumpkin, you threw out a wild rambling partisan attack as your first post in this thread and I simply asked you to clarify your position. You've squirmed and re-directed, but you refuse to answer a simple "yes" or "no" that would help me understand just where you're coming from. I figured your mouth foaming was a rhetorical question since you clearly didn't address any of my position on the preceding pages and you didn't quote , but since you want to play question and answer, fine. I'll answer what you asked from my perspective and I expect you to pony up and answer me.

Since the "SS Wassen" as an organization is a nonsensical made up invention of yours, I fail to see how they've made anyone victims. If you were referring to the Waffen SS, I already addressed that:

As I stated earlier, the SS had involvement in many of the major conflicts of the Second World War. Explain to me how you reenact something as well known as the Ardennes-Alsace offensive, more commonly called the Battle of the Bulge, without SS units.

Should we forget our history by changing our world view of what happened? (That was a rhetorical question, btw.) The purpose of reenacting is more than just a hobby, it's a moving history lesson. Modifying or changing that would be a severe disservice to the men who died and what they fought for.

By remembering the past, we preserve the lessons that we learned. How would history regard the atrocities against the Jews in a hundred years if all record of the Holocaust was expunged today? (Rhetorical) Reenactment is meant as an interactive history lesson. No one I see is glorifying the Nazi philosophy in this thread or trying to "relive" some sort of glory days gone by. However, I haven't seen Iott's unit perform and I'm sure you haven't either, so I can only speak from what I read in those articles and what I've experienced from other reenactments. Would you be this incensed if the man was reenacting an SS officer being tried and convicted as a war criminal at a recreation of Nuremberg?

I'm not the "right-wing" so I can't speak for how they think. To quote myself again:

Just to be clear again, I'm not saying I know and support all the guy's views about everything under the sun. What I am saying is that the media picked up a mundane event and made it a sensationalist story without a whole lot of merit and used it to sell headlines. "OMG!! NAZI!!!" hysterics are an overblown reaction from people that haven't a clue what they're talking about based on the evidence provided. Essentially, I'm not attempting to defend Iott, I could care less about the man. I'm defending war reenactment as a whole

Now... yes or no answer, please.

Last edited:

Let the record show that it's been almost a week now since her bluff was called and Moot has fled the thread rather than give an honest answer. :2razz:

Your perfidy has been noted, ma'am.

Let the record show that it's been almost a week now since her bluff was called and Moot has fled the thread rather than give an honest answer. :2razz:

Your perfidy has been noted, ma'am.
Let the record show I got an infraction for talking to you and decided it was best not to continue discussing this topic. There's your honest answer, AngryAmerican

Let the record show I got an infraction for talking to you and decided it was best not to continue discussing this topic. There's your honest answer, AngryAmerican

Creative answer, but that wasn't the question I posed.

Back
Top Bottom