• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Military Cadet Thread Extension

It's the June Annual Japan Self Defense Force Parade in cities and communities throughout the island country. This is the first video.

There's quite the mix in this Japan Annual SDF Parade in the tight confines of the central shopping district of Sasebo City at Hiroshima Bay to include from Etajima Island.

In this parade in Sasebo we have a USN marching contingent with USA & USN flags from the visiting USS John S. McCain destroyer. The McCain is part of the USN Reagan Carrier Strike Group of the 7th Fleet that is forward home ported at the giant Yakusuka Joint USN-Japan Sea SDF Naval base in Tokyo Bay. Yakusuka is the largest USN Base outside the USA that also includes the NDU.

We have three platoons of Sea Cadets age 16-19 in the Japan Sea SDF High School on Etajima Island of Hiroshima Bay. Some cadets will enlist on graduating while others will proceed to the Naval Officer Candidate School also on Etajima.

There are 4 platoons of women Ground SDF Infantry. Plus 3 platoons of Ground SDF Special Operations Troops in the red scarves of Japan elite Infantry units.

Toward the end of the vid there's a peace at any price civilian hollering in place at the military parade. Given it's at Hiroshima Bay however one can understand the sentiment, wrong headed as it is.

Japan Naval Cadets | Regular Forces of USN & Japan Ground Self Defense Force | Annual Japan SDF Parade

Sasebo City Western Naval District | Hiroshima & Etajima Island | Sasebo Self Defense Forces Parade

USA & USN Flags and Japan Flag | Japan Naval Rising Sun Ensign (Flag) | Japan Sea SDF Band & Ground SDF Band

Music in This Video:
Prelude To Victory -- Arrival of JSSDF Sasebo Marching Band
Anchors Away -- Signature March of USN for USN Marching Platoon Leading the Parade
Man O' War March -- Signature March of Japan Sea SDF as Sea Cadet platoons march past
(Sea SDF Band Marches Into the Parade, Succeeded by Ground Force Sasebo Band in the Dress Whites With Red Trim)
Battalion March -- Signature March of Ground SDF (Battotai Mache)
(Repetition of Man O' War & Battalion Marches)

Historical Note: A building on Etajima island in Hiroshima Bay remains standing all these years after it largely survived the atomic bomb on August 8, 1945. We see the building alongside the parade field in the video that follows, at 3:15. It's had windows installed after the OCS was constructed as the demolished Imperial Naval Academy became a part of the National Defense University at Tokyo Bay founded 1952-54. Some windows are boarded up.

The building exterior was closed to the weather because during higher winds and especially storms everyone could hear the sounds of the winds howling through the hollowed out structure with its many open spots. That effect was thought to be a positive to remember a really bad war, but it was so creepy and eerie that even the Navy decided the ratty building was itself fine to make the point. Indeed, at the pass in review by the outstanding cadet Bugle Corps we see the civilian president of the OCS & Naval Cadet High School on the platform with the Rear Admiral commandant of the Western Naval District and the commandant Commodore of the schools, the president being the CEO of it all and a full time employee of the Ministry of Education.

Yeah, too late to edit but I typed in a late time to see the surviving building alongside the parade field and that first appears at 1:15 of the video, and that is in the camera lens several times to include a few moments focus at the conclusion of the vid. And we see the civilian president of the whole works on the review platform right from the beginning of the pass in review.

All the march music is of course Man O' War March.

Hypothetically speaking if one had the OP on 'ignore' this would be an amusingly short thread 😁

Charge to the Junior ROTC cadets of the national competition at Daytona Beach FL given by Major-General John Evans, CG of U.S. Army Cadet Command:

"I want to challenge you to live your life with integrity. Regardless of where you go or what you do in your life, if you do not have your personal integrity you will not be successful,” Evans said. “You have to sustain it, you have to protect it, and you have to honor it. Once you lose it, it cannot be brought back. I tell you that, as young people with your entire lives ahead of you, that’s it’s important to remember that is the one thing you can’t barter in this life. So I challenge you tonight to live your lives with integrity."

MG Evans emphasized that "we need to know how to win and how to lose," which is an unusual theme in the armed forces begun in recent months.

The first video and the third video are competitive inspections of a school complement of cadets among the national contestant cadet high schools, executed (perfect word ha) by regular armed forces non commissioned officers of the different services. Beware ha it's loud, fast and it's chaotic, which is not only what it is intended to be, but is indeed a kind of vital test in itself, attendant to military service and for the most part regardless of MOS, branch, rank.

Cadets of USAF Junior ROTC | Regional Competitive Inspection | Team Commander Cadet Capt. Trujillo

45th Annual Southern California Invitational Drill Meet | Anaheim CA | 9 Finalist JROTC Teams Compete

Lancaster HS USAF Junior ROTC | 10 Cadet Armed Inspection | By USMC Drill Sergeants Only!

Cadets of Army Junior JROTC | Formal Commissioning Ceremony | Cadet Officers for Rising Senior Year​

Oct 18, 2021

1663925453953.png

What we see as three round pips cadet officer rank insignia indicates cadet captain. There are one cadet captain carrying at our left, and two cadet captains 1st and 2nd L-R immediately at the identifier banner. The two c/capt behind the banner are battalion staff officers, the S-1 Adjutant and the S-2 Security & Intelligence officers. The two gals on battalion staff are cadet major, ie, one diamond.

3rd from our left is the S-3 Operations and Training officer who is also senior staff officer and ex officio BN XO. On the outside at the right is the S-4 officer of Supply & Logistics -- she is the one who got 'em to where they are and with everything they needed....and back again...with everything they took with 'em ha. The BN is unarmed for the community parade which is the SOP in recent times -- no weapons in public for many ROTC units Junior or Senior.

ROTC cadet officers in high school and at uni are usually promoted to their officer rank at the end of the junior year, for their senior year. The ROTC wreath on the headgear indicates enlisted. ROTC cadet enlisted ranks are identical to the enlisted ranks of the regular forces. The cadet we see above the word HIGH is the cadet colonel battalion commander, ie, three diamonds (visible to us only on the headgear).

The baby faced no rank 1st year cadet next to the BN CDR is the runner to send back to cadet platoon sergeants with a message, or to run to the regular Army cadre with some message, but, most of all HA, for the cadet colonel BN CDR to piss in the kids pocket if he has to ha ha ha. It's an old Army saying to include in the regular forces when a 1LT marches on the sidelines abreast with the colonel or the general 😁.

Cadet 2022 Daytona FL Nationals | Comprehensive Competition | Armed Inspection | Cadets of Junior USMC ROTC

Apr 16, 2022

Last edited:
This top video has an event documentary of the Junior US Marine Corps ROTC at Fallbrook California, to include cadet testimonials as well as some Marine Corps cadre providing words of wisdom about their cadet corps, why it exists, what it does.

The bottom video is of an inspection of US Air Force Junior ROTC High School Saber Team cadets by Marine Sergeants -- the same Marines NCO we saw and heard ha in another inspection above at this same annual regional JROTC Chapparal drill competition in Anaheim CA.

The Fallbrook California HS Marine Corps JROTC program led by LtCol William Wade and MSGT Brian Richardson.
ZETOK3OT2QWYX7NZQIJQVZJKOE-720p.mp4-00001.jpg

Out front in the middle is the cadet Major commander, the cadet 1LT adjutant gal and the cadet 1LT operations and training staff member. MCJROTC is a United States Marine Corps leadership development course of study focused on instilling; self confidence, discipline, leadership, responsibility and academic achievement. The program is not intended to be a tool for recruitment into the military nor a "BOOT CAMP" program.

Cadets of USMC Junior ROTC | Documentary of Cadets | Fallbrook HS California​

Time stamps:
Intro: 0:47
Drill knock-out (The Guidon Debate): 2:25
PT sessions: 4:51
The cadets: 7:04
Cadets in drill: 8:30, 10:43
Rappel tower: 12:44
Epilogue: 17:10

A look into cadets after the first two years of the MCJROTC four year program. This documentary explores the roughly 125 cadets from the class of 2018 as the experiences they endure in 1 year progressively strengthen their bonds with one another.

2000w_q75.jpg

U.S. Marine Brig. Gen. Jason Woodworth, right, the commanding general of Marine Corps Installations West, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, shakes hands with retired Chief Warrant Officer 3 Tom Smith, the senior Marine instructor of the Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps program at Fallbrook High School, after speaking with the JROTC cadets at Fallbrook High School in Fallbrook, California, March 17, 2022. Between 2014 and 2015, MCI-West supported the high school with its application to create a JROTC program, which was established in 2016. Woodworth is a native of Suffield, Connecticut, Smith is a native of Ontario, California. (U.S. Marine Corps photo illustration by Cpl. Alison Dostie)

Cadets of All Services | Chaparral Annual Drill Camp Competition | Anaheim CA​

10 Member Sabre Team | US Air Force JROTC Team | Inspection By US Marine Corps Sergeants​

Loud and chaotic ha.

Good training ha, as we say across the armed forces and its various and distinguished cadet units.

u5eswh-NJROTC.png

Cadets of Colton USN Junior ROTC | Bravo Color Guard | Ramona HS | Ramona California

Color Guard led by Cadet /Petty Officer Vargas | Stars & Stripes

Inspection By Marine Sergeants | Gunnery Sergeant Williams NCOIC

The Marine Staff Sergeant is familiar to us as doing inspections in videos in scrolling, mainly of USAF Cadets. He's the guy who talks with his hands ha. S/SGT rank is three stripes down and one rocker across. The Gunnery Sergeant is the black Marine, three stripes down and two across with crossed rifles centered.

Single Selected Comment:
Isaac O
If any of you took offense from this video, then you misunderstood. Props to these kids for being in the JROTC program and aspiring to learn the ways of the military. I just jumped into the military not knowing anything beforehand. But anyways, that's simply how Marine DIs are. If you let their words get to you, then you will lose confidence and motivation, then you will lose bearing and then you will crumble like a house of cards. In boot camp, you are never forgiven for any of your faults. They will remind the platoon for a fault you made weeks ago. I recall when I was 2 weeks into boot camp, myself and several other recruits had a really bad cough, which prompted me to buy some Halls cough drops at the small MCX (forbidden purchase item for recruits). I was genuinely concerned for them and I wanted to help their throat. But when I was caught with the Halls, I was grilled for the rest of the time. I was set as an example of a garbage recruit during the rest of the time. The DIs grilled me and the platoon hated me. For all the efforts of trying to prove myself worthy again, even during Week 11, the DIs kept reminding the platoon of my screw up, and the recruits still considered me garbage because of it. But I did make it in the end and only then did the recruits (now Marines) finally take off their invisible brainwash cap and see me who I really was. My point is, these cadets aren't garbage, don't fall victim into being brainwashed that they're garbage simply b/c these Marine DIs are calling them such. Granted, they may have some errors, but by no means would I call them "disgusting". That's what Marine DIs do, they will amplify the errors exponentially, so don't let it break you down if you're the cadet and don't always believe that they're garbage if you're the bystander. Have yourself some common sense too.

RAMONA NJROTC BULLDOG COMPANY
Mission Statement

What's it like being a Ramona Cadet?​

Being a Ramona Cadet is about perseverance. It's defining your limits and pushing past. It's about demanding one more from you and your teammates when you feel like you have nothing left. It's never taking the easy route because only mediocre people are always at their mediocre best.

Being a Ramona Cadet is about tradition. It's wearing the uniform with pride during your personnel inspection. It's about carrying on a legacy of commitment from those who blazed a trail before me and leaving a stronger unit than I found for those who follow after me. It's looking for ways to make your Platoon the best it can be. It's representing the unit and the United States Navy to the best of your ability during color guards or community service events.

Being a Ramona Cadet is about camaraderie. It's that instant connection you feel to all others in the program. It's creating memories and unbreakable bonds with teammates. It's acting in unison to bond as a group. It's pride. It's passion. And, most of all, it is excellence.

Being a Ramona cadet is about competition. It's about fighting every day to be the best Platoon or best unit at Area 11 competitions. It's about honor. It's that feeling you get when you wear the uniform or Ramona warm-ups. It's about ensuring those around you are successful, too.

Being a Ramona Cadet is about accomplishing more in and out of the classroom than you though was possible.

USN Regular Force Faculty Instructors:

Senior Naval Science Instructor CDR Rick Jordan

Naval Science Instructor Chief Bob Richardson

Cadet Junior ROTC Marines Stand Inspection in Dress Uniform

Last edited:
These cadet color guard teams are the battalion pures. Few demerits, few gigs if any and overachievers besides.

Your perfect students they are up through the grades often known commonly as teachers pet.

Aside from student peer needling they're used to being pampered and praised.

So in this here and now these pures enter a new dimension of their previously charmed life o_O.

This one isn't color guard yet the cadets are used to being among the best and chosen kids....the Marine DIs really got on the bigger cadets in the back ranks ha who did extraordinarily well. The cadet corporal leader (!) got zero respect ha getting gigged for his belt buckle which is absolutely not acceptable as a fault -- your belt buckle is as obvious as your face so there's just no excuse. It's like the numbnuts color guard in scrolling and their super loose flag belts -- the two flagbearers had no excuse for not tightening their straps & belts for that of all inspections. FAIL ! One gal in this one gets her nuts busted by a Marine DI.

Cadets Army JROTC | Union High School | Big Stone Gap Virginia

Virginia Beach Regional Competitive Meet | The "Fighting Farmers"

Selected Comment:

I got competition on Saturday, and I'm commanding unarmed regulation drill team, any advice anyone?

Ethan P 6 months ago
It might be late, but tell your cadets to be loud. Nothing is more awkward than a four second pause between the drill sergeant's question and the cadet's weak response.

Typically the battalion colors team is in headquarters company. The four CG members are two first year cadet rifle guards and two second year cadet color bearers. At the beginning of their second year the rifle guards move inward a step to become color bearers with the Stars & Stripes cadet becoming Color Guard unit senior cadet in charge. In their third year the two second year cadets move out of the CG to become squad leaders in HQ Cpy, or into the band or as a cadet staff assistant to a cadet full on staff officer -- usually with the cadet Adjutant S-1 ( IT, Admin, Personnel) or with the cadet staff ops & trng officer S-3.

My first year in high school Army JROTC I was put right off in the CG as outside rifle guard, next to the bn colors; the inside guard moves to the Stars & Stripes. At the beginning of my second year however I was reassigned out of the CG to become asst. platoon sergeant in the MPs, in HQ Cpy also. I had not been an MP or anything other than color guard so for a while there I mostly had my thumb up where the sun don't shine; I knew only what I had seen of it.

My first year I did drill team and other drill stuff because, although I didn't care much for it, it helps get you noticed. And on moving to the MP platoon I got my third stripe. After the 1st school term I became platoon sergeant s/ssg. Beginning the fourth school term I got SFC (sergeant first class) continuing as platoon sgt. At the beginning of the third year I became MSG platoon leader all of the year, ie, master sergeant. Looking back to my 2nd year I knew then I was given charge of cadets to show my stuff whatever it might turn out to be. Cause I wasn't going to be showing any kind of leadership carrying a flag for a whole year, honorable as that is, and while other competitor cadets were in fact getting to show their own stuff.

So at the end of our third year and after the graduating seniors were gone, the postings were made by the regular Army cadre for cadet officers in our own senior year coming soon ha. I was promoted 1LT and battalion XO (executive officer) 2nd in command of the cadet battalion, after the cadet CO. At the beginning of our senior year I got to cadet captain then skipped over major to lieutenant colonel which is the appropriate rank of a BN XO. These promotions happen fast to get everyone properly in place, in rank and operations settled.

In Uni Army ROTC where the cadre already knows your hs record I got PFC on entering, Speedy 4 a month later and had nothing to do with Color Guard ha. I did drill team for the same to get noticed reason, mostly by other cadets but the Cadre too. Second year I was drill team leader. Senior year I was Brigade commander, cadet colonel. The Old Guard of the Army in the Military District of Washinton (DC) came along and booked me ha, taking me off consignment to Germany and the 3rd Infantry Division that at 61 MoH has the highest number of MoH recipients of any US military unit.

I went abroad ha to a school of the US Department of Defense Education Assistance Program that establishes equally public schools on US military bases for the children of US armed forces personnel. There's the first video from Normandy France of a US Army JROTC unit from Ansbach HS in Ansbach Germany.

The second video from King HS at a regional drill meet at Anaheim California.

The final video is back home again to the Army Junior ROTC National Raider Battalion Competition of the finalist teams running the National Raider Championship Cup Challenge. Raider Battalion is an Army JROTC voluntary participation activity of high schools that compete locally, regionally, nationally for the Cup.

A group of Army Junior ROTC Cadets from Ansbach Middle/High School in Germany retraced the steps of those soldiers and met with a few veterans who returned to the place where the allied invasion of Europe began on June 6, 1944 at the beaches of Normandy France. These are cadets in the US Department of Defense Education Activity Program, ie, equally public schools on US foreign military bases for children of US armed forces personnel abroad.

Cadets of Army Junior ROTC | Ansbach High School | Ansbach Germany​

Visit Normandy France | Anniversary of D-Day June 6, 1944 | World War II​

Participate in Annual Formal Observances | With Veterans | At the Beachheads | Veterans Cemeteries

Cadets of US Navy Junior ROTC | Color Guard Inspection​

King High School | Riverside California​

Our famous/infamous ha team of the Marine S/SGT and GySGT are at it again, this time at the Regional Drill Meet of JROTC units across the services in California.

While almost all inspections by the USMC dynamic duo NCO are those we know from scrolling and are at least respectable, this one of the King HS JROTC of Riverside California is a disaster ha. And it's on one single cadet, the inside rifle guard of the color guard.

It's what some cadets learn from of course. It's just rare indeed to see the disaster that is recorded in this video which ha puts our beloved S/SGT into conniptions hahahaha. We know he's a riot in himself just normally ha ha. The inside color guard cadet holds onto her rifle at inspection arms for one thingy, misunderstanding inspection arms and never surrender your rifle ha which gets hilarious given the complete disaster ha the cadet is and the S/SGT blowing his mind all over the place.

The regular military force NCO are standing teams of NCO of each service who travel the country as a team to judge JROTC competitions in numerous categories, color guard being but one of several of 'em. A team normally does a traveling tour by bus ha of six months away from their regular assignment and station executing these cadets duties. Most are anyway regular DI while some not.

A single selected comment provides a valuable perspective of the horror show ha we just saw....

Alyson Tyson

I love that he is actually teaching them while simultaneously chewing their ass. Marines are awesome

Army JROTC National Raider Battalion Champs

North Fort Myers High School Florida

Last edited:
Cadets of US Army Junior ROTC | Culver Military Academy | Summer Camp Parade | Culver Indiana

Culver Black Horse Regiment | Motorized Infantry Company | Ceremonial Artillery | Cadet Band

Culver Academies is a values-based, mission-driven, vision-inspired institution that has been developing courageous leaders of honorable character, who are global citizens and lifelong scholars, since 1894. Culver offers a co-educational, residential experience beyond that of the typical boarding school for students in grades 9-12.

"Culver Summer Camp has been making memories for children ages 7-17 since 1902. Nestled next to Lake Maxinkuckee in northern Indiana, Culver hosts over 1,300 children from nearly 40 states and 40 countries. Over 80 electives are offered on Culver's 1,800-acre campus including horseback riding, US Sailing certifications, athletics, crafts, fine arts, academics, nature courses, scouting, and aviation. This unique mix offers boys and girls the opportunity to forge new and valued friendships while growing as individuals in a leadership camp environment."

Pass in review music includes:
Infantry Regiment by Sousa.
Gary Owen
, official march of the US. 7th Cavalry Regiment of Colonel Custer.

Cadets First Training of Naval ROTC | North Carolina State University

Meet the Marine Infantry Gunnery Sergeant Trainer

A reality check for new ROTC inductees when they meet Gunny for the first time. Surprise!

North Carolina State has ROTC for Army, Navy/Marines, Air Force. The nick of the ROTC Naval Battalion is the Wolfpack.

NAVAL ROTC MISSION STATEMENT: To develop midshipmen mentally, morally and physically and to imbue them with the highest ideals of duty, and loyalty, and with the core values of honor, courage and commitment in order to commission college graduates as naval officers.

QUOTE: "For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack." - Rudyard Kipling

The Marine Gy/Sgt is an Infantry NCO. You're not going to get a Quartermaster NCO as a trainer of uni ROTC cadets. Not a Supply NCO or, say, Quartermaster NCO etc, not. College ROTC cadets of all services are sworn in right away to become members of the reserve of the particular service.

IMG_7909-2-1024x683.jpg

4/C and 3/C is fourth class cadet and 3rd Class Cadet, ie, frosh and soph years.

Screen-Shot-2020-07-23-at-1.22.13-PM-768x396.png

NSI is New Student Indoctrination which you must pass. NSO is New Student Orientation. CORTRAMID is 4 week
career Orientation and Training for Midshipmen who during summer vac spend one week in each of Surface,
Submarine, Aviation, and Marines, to get an initial idea of what they might want on commissioning, at either
Norfolk or San Diego. These cadets in NC go to Norfolk of course.

It goes something like this....

Last edited:
Citation for "The Marine Gy/Sgt is an Infantry NCO. You're not going to get a Quartermaster NCO as a trainer of uni ROTC cadets. Not a Supply NCO or, say, Quartermaster NCO etc, not."

If it is in the YouTube I missed it.

He wears a DI smokey. Marine drill instructors come from all of the Marine MOSs.

Cadet Battalion Parade & Pass In Review | US Navy Junior ROTC

South Lake High School | Groveland FL | USN Commander O-5 Officer in Charge of Program

Cadet BN XO 2nd in command marches the BN onto the field by first calling on the school band to "sound attention." Then to "sound adjutant's call" which is the stepping off of the parade. In formation the chief cadet takes charge with the BN adjutant and operations & training c/officer staff. There's "officers front" which is very old European military tradition only some ROTC schools do. Troop the Line by the USN OIC and Chief Cadet. All cadet officers are senior year cadets only which the the ROTC practice in all programs. Pass in Review begins at 18:50.

USN Junior ROTC "Retention Rate" is 30% percent, ie, cadets who
program_info.jpg

USN Rear Admiral chief of staff 2nd Fleet Norfolk VA (Atlantic-Arctic)
conducts class of cadets at South Lake NJROTC Groveland Florida
during inspection tour of the corps & facilities for continued
certification of program. This is SOP required every 5 years of
all ROTC programs across all services nationally, inspection by a
2-star of the geographic command.

RETENTION RATE is the Pentagon terminology for Junior ROTC cadets who on graduating high school continue on to active duty military service across the armed forces. The "Retention Rate" varies from service to service and in how the "retained" cadets enter active duty service. The "Retention Rate" for Army Junior ROTC is for instance 30% of cadets. Air Force/Space Command "retention rate" of junior cadets is 50% percent (the totally informal tag "Defenders of the Earth" must have a certain ring to it or so I'd guess ha).

Some JROTC graduates enlist directly. Others continue on to college ROTC to join the officer corps. Others enter a government service academy. In addition to the federal government service academies many states have a state sponsored college ROTC program with support by the Pentagon, such as The Citadel which formally is the Military College of South Carolina. The City of Chicago has six public fulltime military academies for Junior ROTC where the retention rate approaches 70% percent, the national high (see Colin Powell below).

In testimony before the House Armed Services Committee, the armed service joint chiefs of staff testified that 30%–50% of graduating JROTC cadets go on to join the active duty military:

General James L. Jones, then Commandant of the Marine Corps, testified that the value of the Marine JROTC program "is beyond contest. Fully one-third of our young men and women who join a Junior ROTC program wind up wearing the uniform of a Marine."

General Eric K. Shinseki, then Chief of Staff of the United States Army, testified that "Our indications are about 30 percent of those youngsters by virtue of the things that they like about that experience, about 30 percent of them end up joining the Army, either enlisting or going on to ROTC and then joining the officer population."

General Michael E. Ryan, then Chief of Staff of the United States Air Force, testified that "almost 50 percent of the folks that go out of the Air Force Junior ROTC go into one of the Services by enlisting or going to college ROTC or going to one of the academies."

Admiral Jay L. Johnson, then Chief of Naval Operations, testified that "Even if the number is 30 percent, that is a good number. But think about what we get out of the other 70 percent. They have exposure to us. They have exposure to the military. That is a powerful tool I think to educate whether or not they end up in the service. So it is a long way around saying it is well worth the investment for lots of different reasons."

General Colin Powell said in his 1995 autobiography that "the armed forces might get a youngster more inclined to enlist as a result of Junior ROTC," but added that "Inner-city kids, many from broken homes, found stability and role models in Junior ROTC." U.S. Congress found that JROTC "provides significant benefits for the Armed Forces, including significant public relations benefits." Former United States Secretary of Defense William Cohen referred to JROTC as "one of the best recruitment programs we could have."

Citation for "The Marine Gy/Sgt is an Infantry NCO. You're not going to get a Quartermaster NCO as a trainer of uni ROTC cadets. Not a Supply NCO or, say, Quartermaster NCO etc, not."

If it is in the YouTube I missed it.

He wears a DI smokey. Marine drill instructors come from all of the Marine MOSs.

Well?

Patrick Henry High School Navy Junior ROTC Patriot Battalion San Diego CA

images

Cadets of USN Junior ROTC | 1st Place National Champion Team Winning Performance | Basic Armed Drill Competition

Patrick Henry High School Patriots Battalion | San Diego California | USN Junior ROTC Superbowl | Anaheim CA

USN JROTC Annual National Academic, Athletic, Drill Competition | 16 Finalist Schools

Feb 23, 2020. Congratulations to Patrick Henry HS Armed Basic Team for placing first nationally! Cadets in this team of champions:
Tactical Leader: cadet/Brandon Nguyen
Guide: cadet /Ethan Nguyen
Squad Leaders: c/Annie Truong, c/Leon Bryce, c/Vy Nguyen, c/Warren Dang, c/Foster Dang, c/Cindy Tran, c/Kyle Casipit, c/Jason Le, c/Phoenix Nguyen, c/Dean Nguyen, c/Alex Ross, c/Tram Bui.

Well there's no doubt we got the best of 'em into the USA, from Vietnam which is a fully signed up Strategic Military Partner of the United States in the western Pacific, the South China Sea and East Asia against the DictatorTyrants of the CCP and their wholly owned and operated subsidiary the PRC. So good on these cadets and their families and good on us yet again.

This team is the perfect matchup in things military. The perfect cadets at this happy stuff got their perfect leader -- and vice versa, ie, the perfect leader got his perfect cadets. This cadet tactical leader has 'em at their very best, and vice versa. Sharp, crisp, alert, together teamwork in their well created unity of precision and confidence. The winning combination for sure executing the TL's event specific commands as required and in the sequence of commands as required.

The Army High School JROTC company drill team I had the privilege to be in my first year was like this. We won first prize too, albeit in the 5 company competition of the Battalion at the Annual Drill & Ball. The Tactical Leader was a second year cadet sharpie mcnasty who became BN CO for his senior year. He went on to get a D.Sci. at MIT then put in a career at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute at Cape Cod, retired now. He and I keep in contact as one of my many lifelong friends from ROTC in HS and at University. ROTC is a winner for sure at any level.

Patrick Henry High School NJROTC of San Diego wins state competition in California

PHHS-NJROTC-team.jpg

American Cadets Salute The Nation's Future While Honoring Its Past

Regional Rounds of the National Tactical Drill Competition Season of USN Junior ROTC Superbowl Opens at Midway Museum 2022

I looked it up, the ribbon on the focused cadet is the Achievement Award Gold. Apparently each of these all stars have it.

Cadets US Army Junior ROTC | Culver Military Academy

Artillery Battery Standard 4-Gun Drill |
Change of Command Event | Culver Indiana

This is the standard US Army Artillery Battery 4-gun drill of the Culver Military Academy in the otherwise one horse town of Culver Indiana. I spent two weeks at CMA one November long long ago when I was in uni ROTC, on special assignment to promote Army college ROTC to the cadets. The remote town of Culver has one traffic light ha -- so I thought for a moment there I was in the Marines ;). They had a good restaurant though and the Academy hosts were great as the cadets gave me a lot of attention too. I spent quality time with the regular Army colonel OIC and his officers and nco so it was good -- except for the snow up to my arse.

Senior cadets are the drivers who do what Artillery drivers also do which is to show off their maneuver skills crossing in front of one another and weaving through the red flags (of Army Artillery) in row. There's a change of command event that is very brief, when the outgoing graduating Battery cadet in charge turns over command to the new incoming cadet OIC for the coming school year. There's also a PDA at 7:10 which is a public display of affection between two cadets that gets some reaction from the bigfoots in the audience that includes parents, visitors, academy faculty and staff, local academics. A PDA in the armed forces between any set of genders is unwelcome and typically prohibited, but especially so during a formal event, and omg this event is a public one besides. I'd be certain the two male cadets heard about it afterward ha.

Cadets of US Air Force ROTC | Brigham Young University

1st Place in Armed Inspection | Regional Competition

Five Marine NCO In Your Face !

From the beginning ha the very good Tactical Leader gets four Marine NCOs swarming his face ha. He does very well and has a good command voice. So this inspection gets going right from the first instant through to its conclusion. It is definitely the toughest I've seen of these armed inspection drill team events. (Second toughest after this is the Ramona USN JROTC color guard!) And this AFROTC team finished first in the regional competition. Alas though ha, at the conclusion when the TL requests permission to leave the deck he gets a face full of it again ha. There are two female NCO in this too btw, each of 'em ha shorter than every member of the team ha.

Selected Comments:

CAILLOUMORT

Jesus Christ. 5 DI’s on him.

Julian Tovar

shark attack

Joel Leson

We have an all volunteer Armed Force. These college students are all ROTC volunteers. Good for all of them.

Angel Kate Artagame

I enjoy when one starts yelling at one the others slowly come over and join in lmao

Fervellion

1:23 when they catch the smell of blood

There's zero information at the video site about which school this is (and even when there might be info it is often paltry and takes research). But this is the same regional competition in California as the Ramona HS USN JROTC with the Cadet Vargas color guard unit and our famous/notorious Marine SSG ha. I'm talking about the two cadet flag bearers with the very loose flag straps and belts ha. That was the USN JROTC color guard. This is the USMC JROTC color guard....

Yeah, color guard never does about face. These Marine nco inspection teams know this as do all service nco inspection teams know this. Of course the color guard can't do an about face command of execution because it reverses the order of the colors. That is, as the color guard stand or march forward, the USA flag is at the right of all other flags, or to our left as we look at it to include seeing it coming. This Marine Sgt got on the flag bearer of the USMC (Sacred) Globe and Eagle Flag ordering him to execute an about face, knowing full well the colors do a counter march instead, so that on the other side of the counter march the colors are aligned properly and the rifle guards maintain the integrity of their position, ie, the inside guard and the outside guard end up in their same place.

So ha this nco kept hollering at the Marine Corps service colors cadet flag bearer to do an about face then finally asked him why he would not obey the order. The cadet responded that he was instructed that color guard never does the about face because of the flags. That did indeed satisfy the nco and he left abruptly, relieving the cadet of his well borne grief ha. Yet the cadet, apparently unknowing that the nco knows the color guard never does an about face, may have taken it as a win over the nco, as is obvious by his face reactions. Or possibly perhaps the cadet was highly pleased that he simply passed the test by the Marine nco. Whatever, I would say that while I was in the Army, I am confident this cadet became a good Marine in the Corps itself after graduation. His outside guard did well too. Kudos to the two gals on the team also.

In the Navy cadet color guard in scrolling, the SSG kept hollering at USN Cadet Petty Officer Vargas to execute an about face Then when the cadet Vargas said colors never face about the SSG moved on too. Vargas appears to be a cool customer you'd want in a pinch. Vargas inside guard caught holy hell for saying he finished shining his shoes by buffing 'em lightly with panty hose ha. While regular service personnel were doubling over laughing the SSG blasted the cadet for saying he thought it was the best way to get a stellar shine. SSG told him firmly there's only the Marine Corps way, not the best way for each individual. Indeed and across the armed services, it's the team, the team, the team -- not the individual.

Selected Comments:

Thurnis Haley

"WHY NOT?!" "Because this cadet is carrying the colors, sir!" "AMAZING!"

Jonah Pedersen

Perfect answer

DBM

Much cred to those cadets.

HybridLegix

Drill Instructor: Takes rifle Cadet: "Morning sir-" Drill Instructor: "STOP! STOP! STOP!"

Kanani Rembert

For kids , they looked better than some actual Marines I served with. From getting berated with questions during inspection to drilling & marching, they handled it pretty well. Semper Fi

BD4G

"WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU GOT A HAIRCUT!?" "THAT IS NOT A YESTERDAY HAIRCUT!" got me dying

Zachary R. Francis

"THIS IS A YESTERDAY HAIRCUT!!!" I love it

Matsimus
VERY impressive. puts some inspiration to my cadets

Bolun Liu

Bravo Zulu, cadets! At the age of teens you already know the toughest knowledge beyond the chain of command and general background of the Marine Corps. You even know the history and heritage of the Marines! I wish all American kids could experience something like this, even if they do not intend to be in the military.

Kenos Entity

The more I watch this the more amazing and hilarious it becomes

Blues Inspection Alpha & Fox Companies USMC Junior ROTC Marine Military Academy

Dress blues inspection for Alpha Co and Fox Co happening at 0715. These amazing cadets are ready to start another day at the one and only Marine Military Academy!

Cadets of USMC Junior ROTC | Marine Military Academy | Annual Dress Blues Uniform Inspection

Colonel Commanding Marine JROTC Region | Command Sergeant Major | Harlington TX

Well to do parents pay handsomely for their son to live and study at this private academy in Texas so the academy cadre and Marine inspectors treat the cadets accordingly. In short, the academy is the new nanny to these teens on the cusp of adulthood. ROTC cadet officer rank insignia are the same system for Army, Marines, Air Force Civil Air Patrol and AF JROTC, as follows, and we get some excellent looks at 'em in this video:

Round pip:
1 = 2LT
2 = 1LT
3 = Captain

Diamond:
1 = Major
2 = LtCol
3 = Colonel

As to diamonds, one diamond is all we see in this video, the Cadet Major accompanying the Marine Colonel who would be the cadet brigade Staff S-1 Adjutant because the position charge includes personnel, which this inspection focuses on (S-1 Adjutant = IT, Admin, Personnel). One diamond is on the eupelletes on this senior cadet in his graduating year as cadet officers are seniors in ROTC hs and uni. The company commander cadet captain accompanies the Colonel or the Sergeant Major in the inspection, the second company commander being a first lt rather than a captain which is the standard armed forces rank of a company commander. ROTC enlisted ranks are identical to regular force enlisted ranks across all ROTC programs.

The Marine SMG inspecting asked one cadet staff sergeant what his job is as a SSG in the company, and the cadet said without hesitation he has no job as a SSG in the company, thus the country club nature of the academy ha. Indeed, the SMG just let it go by without comment or reaction. If this had been a public high school Junior ROTC where the cadet and his parents are ordinary taxpaying schmucks the cadet -- and his c/company commander -- surely would have been blasted on the spot by the SMG. The SMG's head would have exploded ha. YOU HAVE NO JOB?!?!!!!!

So we see once again that while money talks it can induce silence too. In uni ROTC training and in field exercises the Army nco's were regular in getting in your face and asking, um, directly ha, "What's your function cadet?" And you damn well better have a good answer that isn't too incredible ha. I think my pompous favorite was, "Sergeant, I am a squad leader and I am the glue that binds my unit, " cause the SFC had to turn and walk away to keep from guffawing. It's a game of course ha. And the c/Marine SSG had no problem being straightforward and honest about his being a slacker, given there was no consequence to him or to any other academy cadet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom