• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Military Cadet Thread Extension

The cadet experience is unique.

Indeed, it derives from the French word "cadet" which referred to the younger son of a noble family.

Only some of us have the experience voluntarily and in the modern military equivalent of it. Which is what makes it a curiosity and that makes it appealing. Indeed, a cadet is not a PFC who is to be treated as such by sergeants with a high school education and who spent the 20 year major aspect of their life bossing PFCs. The central thingy about cadets is that they graduate into active duty in the real armed forces. And we serve honorably as nobility does do.

That is why we were called cadets. As cadets continue to be called.

A cadet is indeed not a PFC. A cadet is still a wannabe. Not an is. A PFC is someone who actually is a member of the Army or Marine Corps.

Once a cadet always a cadet.

It's a lifetime experience.

Not just something you did. Or as with some people, something you quit. Yes, some people always notoriously present admit to trying out for cadets in high school and dropping out. Said there was no value to it. Still say so I'm afraid.

Once a cadet always a cadet.

It's a lifetime experience.

Not just something you did. Or as with some people, something you quit.

"Once a cadet always a cadet" suggests stagnation below even an O-1.

They do say "Once a Marine always a Marine" because that is something to be proud of.

And cadet isn't a lifetime experience.

It is, at best, a stepping stone to something greater which you never achieved.

Being a cadet is a lifetime experience.

And an experience of a lifetime.

It isn't just something you did.

It is what you did in orienting to the military mind and to prepare for life in general so it is special in a multiplicity of ways.

This is in contrast to deniers who learn and know nothing because denial is their life. They're sore because they themselves have always been denied. And it shows.

Cadet=Bridesmaid, never a bride.

…..and it shows….

Being a cadet is a lifetime experience.

And an experience of a lifetime.

It isn't just something you did.

It is what you did in orienting to the military mind and to prepare for life in general so it is special in a multiplicity of ways.

This is in contrast to deniers who learn and know nothing because denial is their life. They're sore because they themselves have always been denied. And it shows.

Repeating yourself doesn't make your baloney into prime rib.

Cadet isn't a lifetime experience.

It is, at best, a stepping stone to something greater which you never achieved.

I was honorably separated from four consecutive years of active duty military service -- in the Army Infantry. I did full honors military funerals in Arlington National Cemetery.

I am a member of The Old Guard Association TOGA which is an exclusive private association for veterans of the 3rd Infantry Regiment, The Old Guard of the Army, of all ranks and dates of service.

TOGA holds an annual reunion at Ft. Myer, home post of the 3 IR TOG, to include laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier by former Tomb Guard members of TOGA. We participate in a review ceremony and parade that Headquarters of 3 IR TOGA authorizes and conducts for each reunion.

This is all true despite those who live to deny, deny, deny. To disrespect based on politics and personal and generalized anger, hostility, aggression. And this despite these derelicts who are contemptable, disrespectful and who hold nothing sacred. Those who wear the mask of Virtue Signalers. Led by the driven Ahab. Those who believe in The Triumph of The Will.

Principal Elements of The Old Guard 3rd Infantry Regiment Pass in Review

With a Marching Platoon of TOGA Veterans Attending Annual Reunion.

Col. Joseph B. Conmy Jr., Memorial Hall, Ft. Myer, Arlington VA

17th Annual TOGA Reunion​

Soldiers from the 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment welcomed former members of the regiment in The Old Guard Association (TOGA) for their 17th annual reunion. This event provides a link between our storied past and modern-day operations. (U.S. Army Video by Sgt. Sean-David McDonald)

The Old Guard Association Reunion​

Soldiers from the 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment, "The Old Guard" and members of The Old Guard Association (TOGA) took part in this year's 15th annual TOGA reunion at Joint Base Myer -- Henderson Hall, VA. Formed in 1997 by the 3d U.S. Infantry Regimental Commander Colonel and a former Old Guard Soldier,

The Old Guard Association is dedicated to the men and women who served with the Old Guard. As part of the reunion, members of TOGA and the Old Guard participated in events such as a wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a pass-in-review, and a barbeque. These events served to maintain an important link to our Nation's history, connecting the Soldiers of today with the honor and traditions of the past.

I performed -- respectfully and solemnly -- full honors military funerals in Arlington National Cemetery throughout my time in The Old Guard of the Army, 3rd Infantry Regiment, Ft. Myer, Arlington VA.

I state this simply to go on the Record as Me.

I was honorably separated from four consecutive years of active duty military service -- in the Army Infantry. I did full honors military funerals in Arlington National Cemetery.

I am a member of The Old Guard Association TOGA which is an exclusive private association for veterans of the 3rd Infantry Regiment, The Old Guard of the Army, of all ranks and dates of service.

TOGA holds an annual reunion at Ft. Myer, home post of the 3 IR TOG, to include laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier by former Tomb Guard members of TOGA. We participate in a review ceremony and parade that Headquarters of 3 IR TOGA authorizes and conducts for each reunion.

This is all true despite those who live to deny, deny, deny. To disrespect based on politics and personal and generalized anger, hostility, aggression. And this despite these derelicts who are contemptable, disrespectful and who hold nothing sacred. Those who wear the mask of Virtue Signalers. Led by the driven Ahab. Those who believe in The Triumph of The Will.

Principal Elements of The Old Guard 3rd Infantry Regiment Pass in Review

With a Marching Platoon of TOGA Veterans Attending Annual Reunion.

Col. Joseph B. Conmy Jr., Memorial Hall, Ft. Myer, Arlington VA

17th Annual TOGA Reunion​

Soldiers from the 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment welcomed former members of the regiment in The Old Guard Association (TOGA) for their 17th annual reunion. This event provides a link between our storied past and modern-day operations. (U.S. Army Video by Sgt. Sean-David McDonald)

The Old Guard Association Reunion​

Soldiers from the 3d U.S. Infantry Regiment, "The Old Guard" and members of The Old Guard Association (TOGA) took part in this year's 15th annual TOGA reunion at Joint Base Myer -- Henderson Hall, VA. Formed in 1997 by the 3d U.S. Infantry Regimental Commander Colonel and a former Old Guard Soldier,

The Old Guard Association is dedicated to the men and women who served with the Old Guard. As part of the reunion, members of TOGA and the Old Guard participated in events such as a wreath-laying ceremony at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, a pass-in-review, and a barbeque. These events served to maintain an important link to our Nation's history, connecting the Soldiers of today with the honor and traditions of the past.

I performed -- respectfully and solemnly -- full honors military funerals in Arlington National Cemetery throughout my time in The Old Guard of the Army, 3rd Infantry Regiment, Ft. Myer, Arlington VA.

I state this simply to go on the Record as Me.

Your time traveling DD-214 that morphed from General to Honorable says otherwise.
Box 24 on my Form DD 214 -- Character of Discharge -- says "under honorable conditions."

I speak from memory of my DD-214 which was issued in 1970. My recollection of the character of separation does not presently include all of 'em. Checking up on it, be advised my Character of Service box has one word, "Honorable." And that's it.

ORLY?

The editions of the DD-214 current at the time of your supposed discharge DO NOT show Box 24 as Character of Discharge .

Character of discharge on the 1966 edition is Box 13a. As seen here...

http://www.dd214.us/images/dd214-sample-form-lg.jpg

A DD-214 of 1-Jul-70 has 13a.

The form of 1974 moved it to 9e.

The form of 1979 finally moves it to page 2, Box 24....

Your attitudes IRT veterans says otherwise.

Your quotes IRT NCOs definitely says otherwise.

Your statements about military history, tactics, customs and traditions, etc. say otherwise.

I do believe you were a Cadet.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:
Alas in the throes of a pandemic drought of cadet videos in the USA and globally Japan Ground Self Defense Force (Army) has released a trove of current videos of their youngest cadets. The cadets are those who are familiar to my two cadet threads whether killed or active. They are the cadets of the Army prep academy at Tokyo Bay that prepares male cadets only for the National Defense Academy nearby, situated on a 300 foot plateau overlooking the Bay with Mt. Fuji in the distant view.

Official moniker of the Army prep school is the High Technical School GSDF which is a 4-year high school of some 1000 cadets who have been selected right out of middle school. It is the only government sponsored military prep school and its standards make it one of the most selective high schools of the world. Each year 250 cadets are admitted from an average applicant pool of 14,000.

Cadets Japan Ground SDF | 4-Year Prep Academy | Takayama Garrison

Summer Field Training Exercises | Camp Fuji | Tokyo Defense District

Year 3 Cadets (Juniors) | High School of Technology | Class 66 | Final Field Training

The two videos focus on rising senior cadets who have completed their year 3 junior year and thus have their final summer field training exercises. The first above presents Class 66 that completed their field training in February. Second vid below is of the Class 65 that graduated in January and and passed command of the Cadet Brigade on to Class 66. Indeed, when the rising seniors return to campus to head briefly for home the promotions and advancements are posted for their senior year return as cadet corps commanders and leaders as follows:

1 Chief Cadet and 4 Brigade Staff Members
3 Battalion Commanders and Staff of 3 each
9 Company Commanders
54 squad leaders in 9 companies
(Note: No platoon leaders as there are no platoons ha; no company xo or other executive officers either. It is instead the company co and each of 6 squad leaders. Let's recall that the basic unit of any armed force is the squad or whatever it's called, but the squad. Cadet commanders first then leaders report back early of course ha. No rest for the eager eh.)

Cadets Japan Ground SDF | 4-Year Prep Academy | Takayama Garrison

Summer Field Training Exercises | Camp Fuji | Tokyo Defense District

Year 3 Cadets (Juniors) | High School of Technology | Class 65 | Final Field Training

Selected Comments:

Amaterasu I LOVE Reim
4 months ago
I am a year 3 this year! I've been working hard to enter this school since the second grade of elementary school! I intend to devote my life to be a soldier like in the Great East Japan Earthquake. And to devote my life to the protection of the people! My house has been in a military manner for generations. And I will declare here that I will definitely carry this family tradition for the country!

Pikari Mam
4 months ago
You are a treasure in Japan.
I and the children love and respect the SDF.
We hope for the SDF's success and respected treatment.

Akko
4 months ago
I pay tribute to the boys who chose this road to protect the country in an era where you can choose an easy road. I will always live with my gratitude, thank you.

Cross -ang Hearts
My second son enrolled this year. I had responsibility in our one parent's home, no time, no financing, and I couldn't give pocket money. I wanted him to go to a harsh school but not expensive. This school said that my son's academic ability was questionable. I said he couldn't afford to go to a cram school. The colonel's eldest son became a tutor and unburdened me. Thank you colonel for your eldest son who was busy in his regular job. The two of you are my treasure. Is it still so cool my second son joins my first son in the school third grade?

Serialization
3 months ago
It's very cool.
All Japanese support!

Last edited:
So it seems the second video above of Class 65 rolls on its own with a succession of additional videos I'd viewed in a Mix option at YouTube. I set the videos so they don't auto roll but somehow some auto roll got into here ha. So there might be three videos total or more in the second video connection to YouTube that keeps 'em rolling ha.

Meanwhile here's the morning after the night before at the prep academy as Class 64 that returned the night before from field exercises marches to the staging area of the parade field for their farewell parade, from which everyone goes home. Lotta sleepyheads in this one ha.

Well this is something of a knockout.

It's the pass in review of the corps of cadets of the US Naval Academy at Annapolis MD in their annual Color Ceremony held on the first day of each spring March 21st. The Color Pennant is presented by the Academy Superintendent Vice Admiral to the color company chosen by virtue of its excellence in academics, athletics, and professional accomplishments. We don't see the presentation in this video as this vid is part 2 which is the pass in review after the March On and the presentation (video part 1).

Reviewing official is the then Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus (next to the admirals) and various subcabinet civilian officials of the Department of the Navy at the Pentagon, the then Chief of Naval Operations Admiral Johnathan M. Greenert and the Academy superintendent Vice Admiral Walter E. Carter Jr. There's a 17 gun salute for a subcabinet secretary, with Naval 8" guns that seem to have a full charge ha.

The video opens with the cadet commander of corps and his staff of brigade all stars reporting to the SecNavy that the ceremony has concluded and the pass in review will begin. Hey, in in the present times of uni/college ROTC of any service it's a big deal to be battalion cadet commander of several dozen or a perhaps a hundred cadets at most, but at the government service academies you're the outstanding superior cadet of your 1000 graduating class. Also, each battalion commander and staff precedes each company as we see the cadet company commander, guidon bearer, xo and the four platoon leaders.

Music:
Anchors Aweigh by Academy Professional Marching Band
Marine Hymn By Academy Cadet Drum & Bugle Corps
?
Old Ang Syne By Pipes & Drums
National Emblem March
God Bless America

USNA has one of the largest buildings of the world, Bancroft Hall which houses everything in a single building via connectors from section to section.

After I was in the The Old Guard in Washington and in grad school then working on Capitol Hill I and several friends used to escape Washington on some weekends to the small quant town of Annapolis, capital of MD, for a refreshing breather from the stuffed shirt life of DC. The boats and bay and beaches, fine restaurants and clubs, quality people not Washington types -- a great retreat. Met cadets and made a lot of friends among 'em, got dragged kicking and screaming into parties with 'em every trip. Annapolis cadets are Animal House insane ha. Nobody would believe any of it so never mind. Let's just say the residents and the cops too forgave a lot.

Last edited:
These are just recently released videos from the February and March final field training exercises before graduation of the cadet Class 66 of the Japan Ground Self Defense Force prep academy. That is, the 66th year of the High Technical School GSDF, being its formal name. It's the only government sponsored military prep academy in Japan. Cadets are scored individually by regular Ground SDF cadre to include peer squad leaders and each squad unit.

First video is at the school training field of Takayama Army Garrison at Tokyo Bay and of further exercises at the GSDF Camp Fuji.

Second video is of new cadets of 1st year and also some of 2nd year academy entrants initiation to the Chinook Twin Rotary 47J transport helo that each cadet comes to know and love ha. They do actually.

Third video is back to the grind ha of final evaluation field training of another squad of the graduating class 66 at the campus training fields only.

Cadets Japan Ground SDF | Prep Academy | National Defense University | Takayama Army Garrison

On Campus Field Training Exercises | & Camp Fuji Exercises | Tokyo Defense District | Tokyo Bay

High School of Technology | Year 3 Cadets With Peer Leaders | Final Field Training & Testing Before Graduation

Prep academy cadets of Japan Ground SDF salute their chief weapons instructor Army Major before training session.
1658660619094.png

Cadets Japan Ground SDF | Prep Academy | On Campus Chinook 47J Twin Rotary Initiation Exercise

High School of Technology |
Year 1 & 2 Cadets | Good Aerial View of Campus

Army prep school cadet gets firing line close in coaching from cadre regular force NCO weapons instructor
1658660711260.png

Cadets Japan Ground SDF | Prep Academy | National Defense University

Takayama Army Garrison | On Campus Field Training Exercises

High School of Technology | Year 3 Cadets With Peer Leaders | Final Field Training & Evaluation Before Graduation

1200x0.jpg

Last edited:
1658830217666.png

UK Sea Cadets National (Massed) Band | Royal Marines Marching Band​

RM School of Music | Surprise Join During Rehearsal | Portsmouth

Marines Band Marches In | Perform Selections Together

The Band of the Royal Marines School of Music surprises these Sea Cadets who are rehearsing on the School Grounds. Sea Cadets open their ranks to receive them. Then join them on the march. A flawless combination. Alas, it had to be the idea of the LT of the Marine Band who was doing his own rehearsing as it was. Worked out well for an idea from a LT ha.

Music:
00:07.......A Life On An Ocean Wave, Signature March of HM Royal Marines
1:05.........Trafalgar Victory Parade (March)
2:05........Ready Aye Ready, Signature March of UK & Commonwealth Sea Cadet Corps
4:15........A Life On An Ocean Wave, Marine Band March Off

The large lady we see at 1:05 is SCC LtCdr Pattie Bowen-Davies, Master of SCC Music Programs and CO what we call a national band and the Brits call the massed bands. The setting is Portsmouth Naval Base in south central England at the Channel.

Royal Marines Cadet Regimental Council​

The Royal Marines Cadets Regimental Council's role is to provide Royal Marines leadership, advice and coordination across the Royal Marines Cadets and to promote the interests and well-being of Royal Marines Cadets and instructors. This includes the Volunteer Cadet Corps RN-RM and the Combined Cadet Force RN-RM.

Sea Cadets​

Sea Cadets is the UK’s largest maritime youth charity, established in 1856 and working in over 400 units with 14,000 cadets aged between 10 and 18. Cadets learn life skills like leadership and team working through nautical adventure activities, and can earn extra qualifications which give youngsters a head start.

Selected Comments

I was in this band, such an amazing experience to play alongside the best military band in the world!

What an amazing experience for the cadets! What I would have given to be a cadet again just for that! Any plans for the RMBS to make a recording of Ready Aye Ready?

I was a Sea Scout, not a cadet, but I remember marching my troop down the gangplank of HMS Victory, across the area in front as the RM band played Hearts of Oak! We got a round of applause too! That was more than 50 years ago.

These young musicians do a fine job. Nice surprise to see glockenspiels. Keep up the good work.

Well done Sea Cadets
👍

UK Sea Cadets of Paisley | HMS Bristol Summer Week & Camp | Portsmouth​

Paisley Sea Cadets had an amazing Summer Week & Camp in Portsmouth. It was an action-packed week with Sailing, Rowing, Ship Visits, Historic Dockyard, Sports, Bowling and much more!! Thank you to all the Adult Volunteers for their hard work making the Camp one to remember.

The cadet marching 'em to the docks is effectively in charge as he is executive officer XO to the RN LT part timer who supervises the whole of it on regular visits. The XO also teaches his wares acquired from his several years a Sea Cadet which is an overall valuable experience indeed. There is constant adult supervision of course.

8,734 views Aug 10 - 17, 2019

This one of the much larger Sea Cadet unit in the larger community of Scarborough is almost 12 minutes of activity on screen with voices speaking off camera, rather than several minutes of action with music only, which is the typical cadet video and which is very fine of course. Yet the 11-plus minutes went by fast for me listening to each cadet speak of the Sea Cadet experience. Once we get past the old guy talking early on it moves well as we always have activity/action occurring before us.

The old guy btw works hard to play down the military and weapons aspect as if he were afraid of scaring parents who might view the vid. Yet Sea Cadet Corps in the UK, while the smallest of the total service cadet corps of 85,620 -- at 14,540 -- has the highest cadet corps "retention rate" of 38.4% -- that is, cadets who join up, in this instance the Navy of course. FYI, there are 37,670 Army Cadets and 32,850 Air Cadets.

This video was commissioned by the Scarborough City Council for Armed Forces Day which was June 24th.

Last edited:
The ROTC full time residential Military College of Texas A&M University passes in review in Ft. Worth TX. Principal units only, not the entire 2500 corps of cadets. Cadet commanders and staffs of brigade and cadet regiments of Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force. Cadet officers with swords and high boots. All cadets of all services wear the identical academy uniform.

Army Horse Cavalry Troop of post civil war era with wagons and horse towed artillery; cadet officers in high boots doing the old time sword salute, ie, sword vertical. Cadet NCO with hand salute. (Cleanup detail of cadets in the academy doghouse hahahahaha.) At 4:00 we see a Germany Army Exchange cadet, in the gray top.

In World War 2 the ROTC Military College of Texas A&M University provided the greatest number of officers commissioned at a single college -- 12,000. This number exceeded officers commissioned by West Point. Presently the cadet corps of Texas A&M is 2500, in 46 companies of the 4 service regiments.

Martial Music :
War March........Signature March & Fight Song of the Military College & Texas A&M University (just to remind you the cadet ha of WTF you're doing there)
Patton.......Title theme, motion picture Patton, winner of several academy awards: Best Picture, Best Actor Geo. C. Scott, Best Director.
Green Berets.......Artist Barry Sadler
War March.......Band March Off

Pentagon rankings of the top 10 ROTC college programs. Full time residential programs have an asterisk:

1. The Citadel Military College of SC*
2. Norwich University VT*
3. Virginia Military Institute*
4. Texas A&M, College Station*
5. Virginia Polytechnic Institute
6. Massachusetts Institute of Technology
7. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical Institute FL
8. Hampton University, VA (a traditionally black college)
9. University of North Georgia*
10. Austin-Pea State University, TN

2708576.jpg

Princeton Army ROTC cadet squad leader of the day leads his cadet squad in field training exercises at Ft. Dix NJ with college ROTC cadre Major (L) evaluating.

Texas A&M Military College morning assembly and flag raising tribute to class of 1917 and 1967, the reviewing official being the cadet commander of the brigade class of 1967 and selected members of the class. Assembly and pass in review is led by the gal cadet commander of the cadet brigade. As in noted in the video, only 267 cadets graduated in 1967 almost all of whom were sent to Vietnam. It was one of the smallest graduating classes of Texas A&M.

Martial Music in this video:
War March

These eight ROTC colleges won the 2021 General Douglas MacArthur Foundation Awards and were recognized as the top ROTC programs in the country. The MacArthur awards are granted to academies that accomplish the mission of training and commissioning skilled lieutenants who exemplify leadership excellence, hard work, and dedication. An asterisk indicates a full time residential program.

1. Norwich University VT*
2. University of New Hampshire
3. St. John's University, MN
4. Santa Clara University, CA
5. Bowie State University MD
6. University of Oklahoma
7. University of Tennessee
8. University of South Florida

Indeed Norwich ROTC is the only one that appears on both lists. Norwich goes back to 1812 to precede the USMA at WP that was founded by Congress in 1819 and based almost entirely on Norwich. Even the Pentagon listing of the 10 usual suspects ha consistently has Norwich #2 -- with Citadel consistently as #1. Pentagon's list of the usual suspects consistently has Austin-Pea ROTC at #10, Citadel #1 and Norwich #2. In between 'em the colleges jiggle up one and down one, but, as I and others say, it's the usual suspects ha. So the MacArthur Foundation triannual evaluation offers an additional dimension to the Pentagon's own triannual evaluation (each triannual evaluation done by each of 'em in rolling thirds).

th

......continued

Last edited:

Aggie Band | Class of '22 | Final Pass in Review | On Graduation May 2022​

Martial Music:
War March

Aggie Band Class of '22 final time to march, pass in review on April 30, 2022. March off for the final time as bandsmen including graduates played the Aggie War Hymn. Yep, this band is definitely the biggerest, largerest, most humongouser, enormousing and giganticmost band in the world.

USMA cadet George Patton WP class of 2019 after having to repeat his plebe (1st) year because of undiagnosed dyslexia. Even then, via inclusion policies in the US armed forces, he achieved 4-star General and legendary status in the popular culture too.
th

Aggie Band | Class of '22 | Final Pass in Review | On Graduation May 2022​

Martial Music:
War March

Aggie Band Class of '22 final time to march, pass in review on April 30, 2022. March off for the final time as bandsmen including graduates played the Aggie War Hymn. Yep, this band is definitely the biggerest, largerest, most humongouser, enormousing and giganticmost band in the world.

USMA cadet George Patton WP class of 2019 after having to repeat his plebe (1st) year because of undiagnosed dyslexia. Even then, via inclusion policies in the US armed forces, he achieved 4-star General and legendary status in the popular culture too.
th
1909 was GSP class year and what were the US Army‘s “inclusion policies” that got “Georgie” 4 stars?

How does “dyslexia” affect mathematics?

1909 was GSP class year and what were the US Army‘s “inclusion policies” that got “Georgie” 4 stars?

(Sung to the tune of "It"s beginning to look a lot like Christmas")

It's beginning to sound a lot like Bullshit....

Your fly by night reading of posts across the board would in this instance have me saying what I did not say. So It wasn't even a good try, as per.

Patton of course earned each rank that was awarded to him to include each star up into his four stars. Patton had to repeat his plebe year at WP. That is inclusive, is what's in my post. Presumably so for any WP cadet. I did not post that Patton "got" any handouts or special privileges. That's in your own rightwing head and your rightwing post is the proof of it. And what if he did because the nation and the world are better for having George Patton in it. For sure.

As to dyslexia itself -- in relation to anything -- you can inform yourself as I'm not anyone's gratis private tutor or pro bono researcher. Nor am I going to take time to discuss dyslexia at this thread or in this instance. Yours is an idle question of course, thrown up for the hell of it. Flippantly while on the fly. I'm honored all the same though thx that the two of you read my every post even when it's always flippantly, on the fly and for mischief. Indeed I live rent free in your heads -- since 2014. That's an uncountable number of posts it is. And time.

I'd add as edit that at Ft. Myer where I was stationed four consecutive years, in the Military District of Washington DC, Patton enjoyed three tours, to include his third tour as post commander, colonel. Ft. Myer was then a sprawling horse cavalry training post since its founding in 1862. At Ft. Myer Patton was a leader in his and the Army's full transition to tanks instead of horses. So for that reason plus slurp in the DC burbs Ft. Myer has shrunk considerably post WW2, ie, tanks are not horses ha. We still have two large parade grounds though.

Last edited:
Too late for an edit above but I dug this one up of Ft. Myer, in 1922 still.

Obviously a practice cavalry charge....

Cavalry Event at Ft. Myer VA ca1922 LOC31094u​

1659238566598.png

Source of Photograph: Harris and Ewing Collection, Library of Congress.​

1,939views

And this....
1659239263199.png

Last edited:
Patton of course earned each rank that was awarded to him to include each star up into his four stars. Patton had to repeat his plebe year at WP. That is inclusive, is what's in my post. Presumably so for any WP cadet. I did not post that Patton "got" any handouts or special privileges. That's in your own rightwing head and your rightwing post is the proof of it. And what if he did because the nation and the world are better for having George Patton in it. For sure.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

The question was "1909 was GSP class year and what were the US Army‘s “inclusion policies” that got “Georgie” 4 stars?"

UK Sea Cadets lead the annual parade in Trafalgar Square London on behalf of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines on Trafalgar Day each 21st October. Leading the parade is the Massed Bands (National Band) of the Sea Cadets and Cadet Marines consisting of cadets from all corners of the UK. Each cadet platoon of each Royal service also represents and is drawn from its geographic district -- the best of the best.

Can't tell the players without a scorecard which is why I give a go at making one ha. (Given it's for free don't expect too much either ha.)

UK National Trafalgar Parade | Sea Cadet Corps | Cadet Royal Marines​

Army Force Cadets | RAF Cadets | SCC-Royal Marines Cadets Physical Training Program Demonstration Team

Inspecting Officer Rear Admiral George Bowman | Commandant UK Combined Cadet Force | Richard Johnson RN Captain of the Sea Cadets

The vid opens with the units of cadets marching to Trafalgar Square from Wellington Barracks on the Palace Grounds where all unit members stayed overnight -- led by the SCC National Band. All units will return to Wellington Barracks and march to a Royal Garden Party on the Palace Lawn. They will stay overnight at Wellington and return home in the morning (one can see buses at the far end of the Barracks front).

Entering the Square the band plays Trafalgar Victory Parade (March). Sea Cadets standing stationary are the standard military guides to mark the spot for each platoon to stop. Once the band is in position the conductor is SCC LT Pattie Bowen-Davies Master of SCC music programs and OIC of the Massed Bands of members selected by her from throughout SCC-RMC regions. Today Bowen-Davies is a LT-CDR. She'll have her final rank of Commander any time now.

The SCC marching band performs several selections to include a drum section solo.

March On of the SCC Guard & Colors to Hearts of Oak, signature march of the Royal Navy. Band plays the Admiral's March salute to the inspecting officer.

Inspection of all cadets present by a bunch of regular senior officers is ruthlessly edited, mercifully for us ha.

Placing of wreaths at the high statue of Lord Nelson. Last Post sounded by the two most senior buglers each with his understudy. Each motion during Last Post is in the Manual. (In other words I dunno.)

Pass in Review (The Pass By):
SCC Guard & Colors..........Hearts of Oak, signature march of Royal Navy.
SCC 4 Area Platoons led by honors cadets carrying an original SCC membership White Ensign Card restored from 1856.........On The Quarterdeck.
Cadet Royal Marines 2 platoons...........A Life on An Ocean Wave signature march of HM Royal Marines.
Single Army Cadet Force Platoon.........British Grenadiers
Single RAF Cadet Platoon........RAF March

SCC-RMC Physical Training Program Demonstration Team
Combined Cadets Platoon = Admin/Exe
Combined Cadet Force Cadre = Admin/Exe
Massed Bands......Ready Aye Ready, signature march of SCC

This video of Trafalgar Day that just breaks 30 mins is merciful given almost all vids of the annual event break 50 mins, easily. The vid is almost entirely music and marching so there's not a word of the speechmaking.

And this video mercifully edits the band marching through Horse Guards Gate onto The Mall where all the platoons that just passed in review are lined up on the side ready to follow the band once it gets out front of all of 'em. Alas, when the band approaches the Palace it sounds off the SCC signature march Ready Aye Ready.

Then the vid cuts to 'em marching through the gate of Wellington Barracks where once all are in a senior bugler in his final parade sounds Retreat. Parade Ovah.

UK Sea Cadets lead the annual parade in Trafalgar Square London on behalf of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines on Trafalgar Day each 21st October. Leading the parade is the Massed Bands (National Band) of the Sea Cadets and Cadet Marines consisting of cadets from all corners of the UK. Each cadet platoon of each Royal service also represents and is drawn from its geographic district -- the best of the best.

Can't tell the players without a scorecard which is why I give a go at making one ha. (Given it's for free don't expect too much either ha.)

UK National Trafalgar Parade | Sea Cadet Corps | Cadet Royal Marines​

Army Force Cadets | RAF Cadets | SCC-Royal Marines Cadets Physical Training Program Demonstration Team

Inspecting Officer Rear Admiral George Bowman | Commandant UK Combined Cadet Force | Richard Johnson RN Captain of the Sea Cadets

The vid opens with the units of cadets marching to Trafalgar Square from Wellington Barracks on the Palace Grounds where all unit members stayed overnight -- led by the SCC National Band. All units will return to Wellington Barracks and march to a Royal Garden Party on the Palace Lawn. They will stay overnight at Wellington and return home in the morning (one can see buses at the far end of the Barracks front).

Entering the Square the band plays Trafalgar Victory Parade (March). Sea Cadets standing stationary are the standard military guides to mark the spot for each platoon to stop. Once the band is in position the conductor is SCC LT Pattie Bowen-Davies Master of SCC music programs and OIC of the Massed Bands of members selected by her from throughout SCC-RMC regions. Today Bowen-Davies is a LT-CDR. She'll have her final rank of Commander any time now.

The SCC marching band performs several selections to include a drum section solo.

March On of the SCC Guard & Colors to Hearts of Oak, signature march of the Royal Navy. Band plays the Admiral's March salute to the inspecting officer.

Inspection of all cadets present by a bunch of regular senior officers is ruthlessly edited, mercifully for us ha.

Placing of wreaths at the high statue of Lord Nelson. Last Post sounded by the two most senior buglers each with his understudy. Each motion during Last Post is in the Manual. (In other words I dunno.)

Pass in Review (The Pass By):
SCC Guard & Colors..........Hearts of Oak, signature march of Royal Navy.
SCC 4 Area Platoons led by honors cadets carrying an original SCC membership White Ensign Card restored from 1856.........On The Quarterdeck.
Cadet Royal Marines 2 platoons...........A Life on An Ocean Wave signature march of HM Royal Marines.
Single Army Cadet Force Platoon.........British Grenadiers
Single RAF Cadet Platoon........RAF March

SCC-RMC Physical Training Program Demonstration Team
Combined Cadets Platoon = Admin/Exe
Combined Cadet Force Cadre = Admin/Exe
Massed Bands......Ready Aye Ready, signature march of SCC

This video of Trafalgar Day that just breaks 30 mins is merciful given almost all vids of the annual event break 50 mins, easily. The vid is almost entirely music and marching so there's not a word of the speechmaking.

And this video mercifully edits the band marching through Horse Guards Gate onto The Mall where all the platoons that just passed in review are lined up on the side ready to follow the band once it gets out front of all of 'em. Alas, when the band approaches the Palace it sounds off the SCC signature march Ready Aye Ready.

Then the vid cuts to 'em marching through the gate of Wellington Barracks where once all are in a senior bugler in his final parade sounds Retreat. Parade Ovah.

The question was "1909 was GSP class year and what were the US Army‘s “inclusion policies” that got “Georgie” 4 stars?"

Ah, because of word-character count posting the Trafalgar Square video I had to omit my judges scoring of the multi service cadet platoons passing in review. I know that as a judge sitting here gawking into a tube I miss a lot of minutia that I know I would see if I were right there with my feet on the ground and eyes on.

I've judged these ceremonial/commemorative events, yet and by far I too have been judged. Being stationed in active service in the Military District of Washington (DC) I (among others) were invited several times to judge cadet parades at USNA Annapolis which I did do. Went twice to West Point to judge honors parades. And during my fourth and final year in The Old Guard of the Army at Ft. Myer in MDW, when I was BN asst.Adjutant I did a lot of judging and scoring throughout the Regiment. Ha, I wasn't marching out front of a platoon or company any more.

This one of Trafalgar Day is tough though from where I sit now. In respect of UK Cadet Force and in general, on most occasions, the drill&ceremony and marching&maneuvering champs are the Army Force cadets and the Air cadets of RAF. When it comes to cadet Marines in UK they're good but the London Area marching platoons are head and shoulders above their fellow cadet Marines.

So with the 2nd cadet Marine platoon from London Area I've got three platoons elbowing for 1st place with the scoring, the difference being to the right of the decimal point. So and well, if ten cadets were twisting my arm I'd stack 'em this way:

1st: Cadets of Army Force
2nd: Cadets of RAF

Cadet Marines of London Area

The reason I don't number the cadet Marines as #3 is that there are only 7 formal marching platoons. Seven platoons/marching units aren't enough by the Book to have 3 numbered top platoons. Three of seven is almost 50% when the Book says one platoon/company in four to get a win, place, show. That's two of eight platoons by the Book yet all there are in this vid is 7 scoring eligible platoons. Yet the Book is flexible on that. Two officially to win and place and one informally to score as show. But in this scoring they need to be a cluster rather than a stacking, which the three of 'em are. A tight cluster indeed.

Back
Top Bottom