• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Military Cadet Thread Extension

Ah, because of word-character count posting the Trafalgar Square video I had to omit my judges scoring of the multi service cadet platoons passing in review. I know that as a judge sitting here gawking into a tube I miss a lot of minutia that I know I would see if I were right there with my feet on the ground and eyes on.

I've judged these ceremonial/commemorative events, yet and by far I too have been judged. Being stationed in active service in the Military District of Washington (DC) I (among others) were invited several times to judge cadet parades at USNA Annapolis which I did do. Went twice to West Point to judge honors parades. And during my fourth and final year in The Old Guard of the Army at Ft. Myer in MDW, when I was BN asst.Adjutant I did a lot of judging and scoring throughout the Regiment. Ha, I wasn't marching out front of a platoon or company any more.

This one of Trafalgar Day is tough though from where I sit now. In respect of UK Cadet Force and in general, on most occasions, the drill&ceremony and marching&maneuvering champs are the Army Force cadets and the Air cadets of RAF. When it comes to cadet Marines in UK they're good but the London Area marching platoons are head and shoulders above their fellow cadet Marines.

So with the 2nd cadet Marine platoon from London Area I've got three platoons elbowing for 1st place with the scoring, the difference being to the right of the decimal point. So and well, if ten cadets were twisting my arm I'd stack 'em this way:

1st: Cadets of Army Force
2nd: Cadets of RAF

Cadet Marines of London Area

The reason I don't number the cadet Marines as #3 is that there are only 7 formal marching platoons. Seven platoons/marching units aren't enough by the Book to have 3 numbered top platoons. Three of seven is almost 50% when the Book says one platoon/company in four to get a win, place, show. That's two of eight platoons by the Book yet all there are in this vid is 7 scoring eligible platoons. Yet the Book is flexible on that. Two officially to win and place and one informally to score as show. But in this scoring they need to be a cluster rather than a stacking, which the three of 'em are. A tight cluster indeed.

The question remains "1909 was GSP class year and what were the US Army‘s “inclusion policies” that got “Georgie” 4 stars?"

On graduation and in alphabetical order, the cadet who closes out the alphabet, the cadet whose last name begins out at the Y or Z of the alphabet, is required to speak for 5 minutes to sum up his graduating class of The Citadel Military College of South Carolina. This is not the cadet who has the worst acceptable GPA. In this instance it's the witty Cadet Christopher Zeller.

I've looked in on several of these videos just for a few minutes to get the sense of the one cadet I'd pay money to hear speak (just not much ha). Zeller is both articulate and a highly popular figure on campus as we see immediately by the reaction of his fellow grads. His wit is sharp and his delivery excellent. Among other inviting features of Mr. Zeller are his physical gestures to his classmates ha ha.

A Citadel Tradition: The Last Cadet Alphabetically Speaks To His Class​

For longer than most people on campus can remember, the last cadet to get his or her diploma and cross the stage during the South Carolina Corps of Cadets commencement has been given the honor of speaking to his or her classmates and to the thousands of family and friends in attendance.

You can always tell when tangmo gets his ass kicked in another thread.

He needs to run his safe space and talk about cadets marching.

On graduation and in alphabetical order, the cadet who closes out the alphabet, the cadet whose last name begins out at the Y or Z of the alphabet, is required to speak for 5 minutes to sum up his graduating class of The Citadel Military College of South Carolina. This is not the cadet who has the worst acceptable GPA. In this instance it's the witty Cadet Christopher Zeller.

I've looked in on several of these videos just for a few minutes to get the sense of the one cadet I'd pay money to hear speak (just not much ha). Zeller is both articulate and a highly popular figure on campus as we see immediately by the reaction of his fellow grads. His wit is sharp and his delivery excellent. Among other inviting features of Mr. Zeller are his physical gestures to his classmates ha ha.

A Citadel Tradition: The Last Cadet Alphabetically Speaks To His Class​

For longer than most people on campus can remember, the last cadet to get his or her diploma and cross the stage during the South Carolina Corps of Cadets commencement has been given the honor of speaking to his or her classmates and to the thousands of family and friends in attendance.

Wow... Cadet Zeller got to speak.

Earth-shattering reporting.

Riveting.

I guess we can assume the whole GSP thing was just more Tangmohistory (a fantasy presented as truth)

You can always tell when tangmo gets his ass kicked in another thread.

He needs to run his safe space and talk about cadets marching.
You guyz have been posting that since 2014.

My original cadet thread that was assassinated had 42,000+ views.

My "safe space" for posting is DP despite all that flows against it. It's what kills youse guyz. So you attack success. Heads down. Banging up against it.

My "safe space" for posting is DP despite all that flows against it. It's what kills youse guyz. So you attack success. Heads down. Banging up against it.
Lol. What ever you have to tell yourself.

Who screwed up your thread?

And the vast majority of the posts were Tangmo posts blithering about Cadets.

And your current thread has 3K posts since Oct 6, 2021

While Chinese launch first locally designed and built aircraft carrier has 4K since Jun 17, 2022.

And Does Our DP Military Vets Believe in a Peaceful Transfer of Power? 3K since Jun 29, 2022

A Litwin post scored 8K since Jan 2022...

The only person who finds you successful is you.

Lol. What ever you have to tell yourself.
It's not that, no, so you're missing it completely.

It's that same line about "safe space" that youse guyz have been sayin to me since 2014.

That "tangmo gets his ass kicked in another thread." That just doesn't happen but then it's whatever you have to tell yourself izznt. Never ceasing to try and fail to get others to believe you as if you were Trump Him Self. (Yeah yeah I know, you don't like Trump but he gets too much grief from the left for your liking.)

It's not that, no, so you're missing it completely.

It's that same line about "safe space" that youse guyz have been sayin to me since 2014.

That "tangmo gets his ass kicked in another thread." That just doesn't happen but then it's whatever you have to tell yourself izznt. Never ceasing to try and fail to get others to believe you as if you were Trump Him Self. (Yeah yeah I know, you don't like Trump but he gets too much grief from the left for your liking.)

Tangmobabble.

The Zeller-Citadel post exploded yer arses eh. Rather than enjoy the topic and post, ie, the graduation of the cadet, and the long standing rich tradition of a fine institution that's been educating, training and commissioning new officers since the early 19th century, youse have an eternal black cloud over you, instead of a respectable presence. So youse dishonorables attack the poster and have campaigned unsuccessfully since 2014 to denigrate and degrade military cadets as a class. American cadets besides.

The absolute best young officer I knew was a Citadel grad. He was 1LT leader of the casket bearers 2nd platoon in the company I the butterbar was assigned to as 3d platoon leader -- the firing party -- of Co. E Honor Guard Company, the premier company of The Old Guard of the Army, Ft. Myer in the Military District of Washington (DC). His defining feature was that he led by example; he was indeed gung ho in his quiet way.

He was advanced to Capt and CO of Charlie Company which was big news throughout the regiment with officers, nco, the troops -- indeed we envied Charlie company for their good fortune, ie, the best company commander in the regiment and he'd only just begun. It's like he got ordained. Many times after dinner for instance you'd find him and his guidon bearer out on the sprawling green of the parade field and by their lonesome practicing and improving still yet.

Sam-Bird-4.jpeg

As much as he loved The Old Guard and as Vietnam heated up he volunteered. Patton who did 4 tours at Ft. Myer would have loved him, we were certain. On the last day of his second tour his troops implored him to lead 'em on an air helicopter assault. The new company co was straight from Korea and the troops wanted their trusted cpy co who knew his stuff already to lead 'em, their co who knew his troops -- and whose troops knew their captain. So he joined 'em to lead 'em -- he couldn't say no. An exploding shell wrecked the right side of his head and face. In the 3d Infantry TOG we were miserable about it. He spent the rest of his honorable life in VA hospitals until 1983 when he joined the long gray line of the Citadel cadets who'd made the ultimate sacrifice. Interred in a national cemetery in his home state, Kansas, with the rank of Major.

Patton was a cadet too, as was Ike, Marshal, Bradley, Nimitz, Halsey, Colin Powell, Schwarzkopf, McCaffrey, Milley and so on....and continuing.

One of Sam's former cadet now a platoon leader in Bravo Company commanded by Sam in Vietnam wrote this later on....

"During the monsoon season we had to occupy a landing zone. The torrential, wind-driven rains had been falling for weeks. Like everyone else I sat under my poncho in a stupor, wondering how much of the wetness was rainwater and how much was sweat. Nobody cared that the position was becoming flooded. We had all just crawled inside ourselves. Suddenly I saw Sam, Mr. Spit and Polish, with nothing on but his olive-drab undershorts and his boots. He was digging a drainage ditch down the center of the camp. He didn’t say anything, just dug away, mud spattering his chest, steam rising from his back and shoulders. Slowly and sheepishly we emerged from under our ponchos, and shovels in hand, we began helping “the old man” get the ditch dug. We got the camp tolerably dried out and with that one simple act transformed our morale.

"Sam deeply loved the U.S. Army and traditions. Few of the men knew it, but he had been in charge of a special honors unit of the Old Guard, which serves at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery and participates in the Army’s most solemn ceremonies. He was the kind of guy whose eyes would mist during the singing of the National Anthem."

The Zeller-Citadel post exploded yer arses eh. Rather than enjoy the topic and post, ie, the graduation of the cadet, and the long standing rich tradition of a fine institution that's been educating, training and commissioning new officers since the early 19th century, youse have an eternal black cloud over you, instead of a respectable presence. So youse dishonorables attack the poster and have campaigned unsuccessfully since 2014 to denigrate and degrade military cadets as a class. American cadets besides.

The absolute best young officer I knew was a Citadel grad. He was 1LT leader of the casket bearers 2nd platoon in the company I the butterbar was assigned to as 3d platoon leader -- the firing party -- of Co. E Honor Guard Company, the premier company of The Old Guard of the Army, Ft. Myer in the Military District of Washington (DC). His defining feature was that he led by example; he was indeed gung ho in his quiet way.

He was advanced to Capt and CO of Charlie Company which was big news throughout the regiment with officers, nco, the troops -- indeed we envied Charlie company for their good fortune, ie, the best company commander in the regiment and he'd only just begun. It's like he got ordained. Many times after dinner for instance you'd find him and his guidon bearer out on the sprawling green of the parade field and by their lonesome practicing and improving still yet.

As much as he loved The Old Guard and as Vietnam heated up he volunteered. Patton who did 4 tours at Ft. Myer would have loved him, we were certain. On the last day of his second tour his troops implored him to lead 'em on an air helicopter assault. The new company co was straight from Korea and the troops wanted their trusted cpy co who knew his stuff already to lead 'em, their co who knew his troops -- and whose troops knew their captain. So he joined 'em to lead 'em -- he couldn't say no. An exploding shell wrecked the right side of his head and face. In the 3d Infantry TOG we were miserable about it. He spent the rest of his honorable life in VA hospitals until 1983 when he joined the long gray line of the Citadel cadets who'd made the ultimate sacrifice. Interred in a national cemetery in his home state, Kansas, with the rank of Major.

Patton was a cadet too, as was Ike, Marshal, Bradley, Nimitz, Halsey, Colin Powell, Schwarzkopf, McCaffrey, Milley and so on....and continuing.

One of Sam's former cadet now a platoon leader in Bravo Company commanded by Sam in Vietnam wrote this later on....

"During the monsoon season we had to occupy a landing zone. The torrential, wind-driven rains had been falling for weeks. Like everyone else I sat under my poncho in a stupor, wondering how much of the wetness was rainwater and how much was sweat. Nobody cared that the position was becoming flooded. We had all just crawled inside ourselves. Suddenly I saw Sam, Mr. Spit and Polish, with nothing on but his olive-drab undershorts and his boots. He was digging a drainage ditch down the center of the camp. He didn’t say anything, just dug away, mud spattering his chest, steam rising from his back and shoulders. Slowly and sheepishly we emerged from under our ponchos, and shovels in hand, we began helping “the old man” get the ditch dug. We got the camp tolerably dried out and with that one simple act transformed our morale.

"Sam deeply loved the U.S. Army and traditions. Few of the men knew it, but he had been in charge of a special honors unit of the Old Guard, which serves at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in Arlington National Cemetery and participates in the Army’s most solemn ceremonies. He was the kind of guy whose eyes would mist during the singing of the National Anthem."

🤣

No one really cares.

Frantic they've become in their bursts of bile.

The dishonorables.

I don't need to read any of 'em cause they say the same thingys each day they've been saying unsuccessfully since 2014.

The Dishonorables Groundhog Day that's become their reason for living each day. Nothing short of that I'm afraid.

Frantic they've become in their bursts of bile.

The dishonorables.

I don't need to read any of 'em cause they say the same thingys each day they've been saying unsuccessfully since 2014.

The Dishonorables Groundhog Day that's become their reason for living each day. Nothing short of that I'm afraid.

Dishonorable is claiming that which was not done.

In a non stop pounding rain the Sea Cadet ship's complement of Her Majesty's Canadian Navy Ship Ontario, Cadet Training Centre, performed the uniquely Canadian Ceremony of The Flags.

Described below in the text the Ceremony was held at the Royal Canadian Military College, on the Square, in Kingston Ontario. It was during the annual 8 week Sea Cadets summer training camp near the College.

In the first video is the solemn 1st of two Pass in Review that is the standard by the British Manual. That is, it is a slow march done in a stately manner to the music "Royal Salute" so there's no messing around for it, rain or high water.

In the second video however which is lively and done at the quick step, the cadets in the stands not eligible or qualified to perform the ceremony let loose in singing, cheering and celebrating in all the cadets present being rain soaked to the gills ha. Indeed, the instant the band stepped out to its lively music the cadets in the stands began cheering and hollering. Ha, they tossed all dignity and discipline into the pouring rain.

At 3:35 of that second video, when the band broke out in "Hearts of Oak," the signature march of the British Royal Navy the cadets sang it verbatim. A couple of Canadian Navy officers standing up front turned to look at the youngest cadets but just looked back straight ahead ha.

Sea Cadets | HMCS Ontario Ceremony of the Flags | In the Wind and POURING rain! | On The Square | Royal Military College of Canada​

Too bad about the Provincial Flag of New Brunswick getting in the way on occasion... sorry. It was POURING rain by this point -- but the cadets didn't flinch. Bravo Zulu to them!

The "Ceremony of the Flags" display is a uniquely Canadian celebration of national unity, specifically created for the Centennial of Canada's Confederation in 1967. The ceremony combines elements of a traditional military tattoo, beating retreat, and sunset ceremonies focusing on a trooping of the National Flag, the National Sea Cadet flag, in concert with 13 provincial and territorial flags.

The several cadets we see come rushing out caps in hand are collecting the expended shells from the Guard firing three simulated rounds to honor the fallen (not shown) -- because the shells are on the march path and, in rain especially, pose unpleasantries to the cadets as they march past.

Pass in Review At The Slow Pace: Royal Salute

The ceremony consists of a band, a guard of honour, a flag party and two ceremonial gun crews, each employing century-old, 12-pound field guns. The total number of cadets involved is approximately 270. This rendition of the Ceremony was undertaken by cadets of the Royal Canadian Sea Cadet Corps, ship's cadet complement of HMCS Ontario which is a light battle cruiser.

Sea Cadets are are between the ages of 12 and 18 and come from across the region to perfect their various skills before returning to their home corps for winter training. They have only been together as a ship's cadet company for about 4 weeks at this point. To participate in the Ceremony -- except for the band -- cadets must be age 16 or older. Practice of this ceremony is held only after the regular hours of the training day.

Pass in Review At The Quick Step

Music in This Second Video
(Dunno the first march 🤷‍♂️)
1:30.......Guard Pass in Review -- Hearts of Oak, signature march of British Royal Navy
2:30.......Band & Gun Crews Pass in Review --Voice of the Guns, Academy Award original music score, motion picture Lawrence of Arabia (1960)

No room above for this ha. So this is the final installment of the Ceremony of the Flags by sea cadets of the Canada Navy light cruiser HMCS Ontario and its cadet ship's complement.

HMCS Ontario Cadet Summer Training Centre is on the College campus which itself is proximate to Three Rivers and at Lake Ontario. After my 4 Army years I and a buddy from uni ROTC visited both during an extended auto visit in Canada, starting in Montreal and the famous St. Catherine's Street ha into Toronto. The College setting is spectacular.

Ready Aye Ready btw is the motto of the Sea Cadets of UK and Commonwealth nations, of which Canada is one, and it is the signature march of all SCC under the British sovereign.

1660590844404.png
Canada Navy Missile Light Cruiser HMCS Ontario.

This short clip has the solemn honors salute to the Inspecting Officer, the lady Rear Admiral of the Canadian Navy Great Lakes Command (who with this camera position we cannot see). So the standard salute music of the Ceremony of the Flags is Played:

Evening Retreat with its single cannon shot, same as we do in US armed forces;
O Canada the national anthem;
God Save The Queen (Canadian armed forces and cadet oath is to the Queen.)

During Evening Retreat we also see two of the sea cadet national flag at the mast. During the flags pass in review above only the Maple Leaf flag and the national flag of the Canada SCC remain upright.

Sea Cadets of Canada | HMCS Ontario Cadet Summer Training Centre | Ceremony of the Flags​

Retreat | O Canada | God Save The Queen | Sea Cadet Regional Band | SCC Regional Guard | HMCS Ontario Special Flags Detail

Fort Sauvé Dormitory Building, Building 81 of the Military College of Canada, constructed 2001 in a style consistent with the Colleges original buildings since 1876.

Fort_Sauve%2C_Royal_Military_College_of_Canada.jpg

The regional Sea Cadets are billeted here during their 8 week summer training and adventure camp.
Maybe the two trees look windblown from Lake Ontario right there ha.

Indeed and for almost 200 years Kingston's geostrategic location at the Rideau Canal entrance to Lake Ontario made it the primary military and economic centre of Upper Canada after canal construction was completed in 1832.

College Building 31, Fort Haldimand
1660593101747.png
Sea Cadets have classes here during summer training and adventure courses.

Last edited:
No room above for this ha. So this is the final installment of the Ceremony of the Flags by sea cadets of the Canada Navy light cruiser HMCS Ontario and its cadet ship's complement.

HMCS Ontario Cadet Summer Training Centre is on the College campus which itself is proximate to Three Rivers and at Lake Ontario. After my 4 Army years I and a buddy from uni ROTC visited both during an extended auto visit in Canada, starting in Montreal and the famous St. Catherine's Street ha into Toronto. The College setting is spectacular.

Ready Aye Ready btw is the motto of the Sea Cadets of UK and Commonwealth nations, of which Canada is one, and it is the signature march of all SCC under the British sovereign.

View attachment 67406973

This short clip has the solemn honors salute to the Inspecting Officer, the lady Rear Admiral of the Canadian Navy Great Lakes Command (who with this camera position we cannot see). So the standard salute music of the Ceremony of the Flags is Played:

Evening Retreat with its single cannon shot, same as we do in US armed forces;
O Canada the national anthem;
God Save The Queen (Canadian armed forces and cadet oath is to the Queen.)

During Evening Retreat we also see two of the sea cadet national flag at the mast. During the flags pass in review above only the Maple Leaf flag and the national flag of the Canada SCC remain upright.

Sea Cadets of Canada | HMCS Ontario Cadet Summer Training Centre | Ceremony of the Flags​

Retreat | O Canada | God Save The Queen | Sea Cadet Regional Band | SCC Regional Guard | HMCS Ontario Special Flags Detail

Fort Sauvé Dormitory Building, Building 81 of the Military College of Canada, constructed 2001 in a style consistent with the Colleges original buildings since 1876.

Fort_Sauve%2C_Royal_Military_College_of_Canada.jpg

The regional Sea Cadets are billeted here during their 8 week summer training and adventure camp.
Maybe the two trees look windblown from Lake Ontario right there ha.

Indeed and for almost 200 years Kingston's geostrategic location at the Rideau Canal entrance to Lake Ontario made it the primary military and economic centre of Upper Canada after canal construction was completed in 1832.

College Building 31, Fort Haldimand
View attachment 67406979
Sea Cadets have classes here during summer training and adventure courses.

Canada Navy Missile Light Cruiser HMCS Ontario?

HMCS Ontario was a light cruiser scrapped in 1960. It's bell resides in HMCS Ontario Cadet Training Center. It was never a "missile cruiser".

The ship in the photo is not HMCS Ontario. It is HMCS Regina FFH 334. A Halifax class patrol frigate.

No sense of humor either.

Ahab.

And his White Whale.

Everywhere at once, harpoon at the ready.

No sense of humor either.

Ahab.

And his White Whale.

Everywhere at once, harpoon at the ready.

Standard Tangmo response to being proven wrong.... "I was kidding"

Very Trumpesque.

So this is the final installment of the Ceremony of the Flags by sea cadets of the Canada Navy light cruiser HMCS Ontario and its cadet ship's complement.

The last "Canada Navy light cruiser HMCS Ontario" was scrapped/sunk 1960. How did they have a Ceremony of Flags on a ship no longer afloat? SCUBA gear?

A fake title for a picture of a ship that never came close to a Cruiser and is decades separated from the mythical "Missile Light Cruiser".

:ROFLMAO:

This thread has 3,000 plus views. And counting.

My original and assassinated cadet thread had 42,000+ views when it was done in.

The 4th of July thread has 2,000+ views. And counting.

This is a grand total of going on 48,000 views into these threads -- and still counting. To the remarkable number indeed of verging of my grand total headed toward 50,000 views.

Ahab is fanatic and frantic about it since 2014. One major reason is that in Ahabs hit and run drive by ad hominem posts He Him Self has never started a thread that didn't die on the first page. Which is why Ahab never starts a thread. Indeed, all Ahab does is to pace on the deck ranting and raging post after endless post.

This thread has 3,000 plus views. And counting.

My original and assassinated cadet thread had 42,000+ views when it was done in.

The 4th of July thread has 2,000+ views. And counting.

This is a grand total of going on 48,000 views into these threads -- and still counting. To the remarkable number indeed of verging of my grand total headed toward 50,000 views.

Ahab is fanatic and frantic about it since 2014. One major reason is that in Ahabs hit and run drive by ad hominem posts He Him Self has never started a thread that didn't die on the first page. Which is why Ahab never starts a thread. Indeed, all Ahab does is to pace on the deck ranting and raging post after endless post.

🤣

3k views.... While Litwin has a thread with 8k views in a fraction of the time.

jrotcphoto3.jpg

Olympia High School Army JROTC Colors Detail

th

UK Sea Cadet receives appointment by Admiral First Sea Lord as senior cadet of London Area (all UK)

UK Combined Cadet Bands | Cadets Royal Marines School of Music | Royal Navy Sea Cadets Music Program​

Cadets Join in Band Public Performance | Reviewing Officer: Commandant Colonel RM School of Music​

Parents & Friends & Guests | Portsmouth RN Base at the Channel | Marching Show​

Cadet Changes of Command | The Chain of Command | Army Junior ROTC Brigade​

Olympic High School | Charlotte North Carolina | A Relaxed Loosey-Goosey Affair Ha​

Graduating cadet commanders take the stage in sequence in this Army Junior ROTC change of command ceremony at Charlotte High School in North Carolina. New rising senior year cadet commanders are announced to themselves find out their advancement to a cadet commander for the coming school year. It's a large ROTC program so it's a brigade of three battalions and six companies, which in the time of the AVF is large indeed.

It's a festive occasion that in most places is a solemn one, yet these cadets have a rousing and loose time of it ha as they all find out together who's in charge of what for the next school year. One new company commander ha gets Knighted by his predecessor !

The video begins with nine graduating cadets taking the oath of enlistment administered by the Army Lt.Col. senior officer of the Olympia JROTC program.

jrotcphoto2a.jpg

Cadet Officer Ranks of Army ROTC Junior & Senior Alike (to include Cadets of USMC & USAF Civil Air Patrol)

Round Silver Pip (Company Officer Rank):
1 = 2LT
2 = 1LT
3 = Capt.

Silver Diamond: (Senior Officer Rank)
1 = Major
2 = Lieutenant Colonel
3 = Cadet Colonel

ROTC Enlisted Ranks Are Identical to Regular Force Enlisted Ranks

Company Commanders are selected for their outstanding leadership as demonstrated over their 3 previous years
Staff Officers are selected for their area expertise, eg, organizational, administrative, systemic, specialty such as intel or MP or supply & logistics and the like
XO executive officer is capable to assume full command but has a limitation, usually academic standing at the school itself
Sergeant Major is chosen for demonstrated leadership, knowledge, example
Battalion Commander can command junior cadet officers, communicate effectively and by example implement orders by the brigade commander and Army ROTC priorities and values
Brigade Commander is the class all around superior cadet.

Last edited:
JGSDF2-edited.jpg

Cadets of the Japan Ground SDF engage in field training exercises in the 3-month basic course prior to one year of Officer Candidate School.

Cadets Train To Defend Japan | Japan Ground Self Defense Force

Three Month Course | Shindayama Army Garrison | Izumi City Osaka

349,437 views Aug 10, 2022.

Shindayama Garrison of the Ground Self-Defense Force in Izumi City, Osaka. This summer 59 Cadets of the Ground JSDF committed to Army officer training. Their backgrounds are varied, including high school graduates, former workers, unemployed.

After three months of training in the military basics of the Self-Defense Forces, the cadets will graduate to Army Officer Candidate School for its one year course. Then the new second lieutenants will join front lines of national defense.

Why do they want to become SDF officers now? With the war in Ukraine, the Taiwan crisis, and the world becoming increasingly tense, we hear the voices of these young people and think about the future of Japan through them!

Forward March | U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps Documentary

Photo01-AdmiralElmoZumwaltGreetsNewNavalSeaCadet-500.jpg

US Admiral Chief of Naval Operations Congratulates New Sea Cadets After
Their Successful Completion of Basic Training Course.

Forward March is a documentary that follows the journey of young Americans aged 11-18 who have joined the United States Naval Sea Cadet Corps. The Naval Sea Cadet Corps program is the official youth organization of the United States Navy and United States Coast Guard.

Seacadets4.jpg

images

USMA West Point Cadets Get Army Terrain & Objectives Battle Plan Map From Cadre Instructor Captain

Cadets of USMA West Point | Class of 2026 | 12 Mile Marchback To Campus | From Basic Combat Training | 6 Weeks At Camp Buckner

Pass In Review | Official Residence of Academy Superintendent 3-Star | Cadet Band | Welcoming Parents & Supporters

Two Companies of WP Grads Now Retired March | Volunteer Camp Trainers & Advisors | Camp Mentors

37,615 views | Aug 8, 2022

Cadets of Japan Ground Self Defense Force Prep Academy Train

maxresdefault.jpg

Senior Cadets of Japan Ground Self Defense Force High Technical School Prep Academy of the National Defense University experience an exercise in close-in tight formation combat training at Camp Fuji Tokyo Military District.

Cadets of Japan Ground Self-Defense Force | High School of Technology | Prep Academy of the National Defense University

Sustained Road Run Competition | Campus of the Academy | Takayama GSDF Garrison | Tokyo Bay

48,777 views | Dec 18, 2020

Ha, quickly on the race becomes a tight contest among the 3 front runners who as it so happened ha were the three cadets interviewed individually before the race competition began. And the first place finisher is....

japan-self-defense-force-school-17.jpg

Cadets of Japan Ground Self Defense Force High Technical School Prep Academy of the National Defense University examine the physics of a missile explosion on computer.

Last edited:
It's good to find a bunch of USAF Civil Air Patrol videos to view and to choose from to post.

Two are the summer encampment of a Wing in Arkansas and another summer encampment by a Wing in California.

In between 'em is a video of the USN Sea Cadet Corps Advanced Training Summer Camp in FL that's a real winner as far as it goes.

Cadet Summer Encampment | USAF Civil Air Patrol | Arkansas Wing

Operation Diamond Forge | Cloverdale High School | August 2022

Cadet Advanced Training Summer Camp | USN Sea Cadet Corps

Admiral Spruance Division | Fort Lauderdale FL | Sea Cadet Training Center

Yeah, I gotta say I remember very well being blindfolded then dropped off in the middle of the day in the nowhere woods to find our way back. It was in high school Army ROTC and one cadet who as it turned out had been developing foot blisters got hobbled by 'em in the exercise. We took turns carrying him after removing his boots. In uni Army ROTC we got dropped off at night in an Escape & Evasion exercise with the opforce POW camp within hearing range that had as it turned out recordings of numerous voices howling in pain ha. It inspired us to walk faster in the pitch black ha. Opfor had small foot patrols out combing the woods but we could always see the lights of jeep mobile patrols and could run a dozen strides to dive into a ditch in time to avoid 'em. It was a bit creepy if not eerie -- a good training experience to get the idea and deal with it.

Cadet Summer Encampment | USAF Civil Air Patrol | California Wing

Music in This Video:
Protectors of the Earth
Sons of War
Runnin' Wild
2 Steps From Hell

Back
Top Bottom