• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Melissa Harris Perry --- tampon earrings? Seriously?

rocket88

Mod Conspiracy Theorist
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Damn, and I thought teabags looked ridiculous.

Josie

No Day But Today
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
:lamo Too funny! :lamo

How is it funny? It's.....confusing. What do tampons have to do with abortion? Shouldn't she be wearing like syringe earrings or forcep earrings?

Fisher

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
--Honey, you got the wrong tampons.

--But those are the ones I always get.

--I know but I need something big and showy for TV

:giggle1:

Now if she had worn red rags, I would have changed my position, but since she wore tampons, not so much #missedopportunities

ThePlayDrive

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
How is it funny? It's.....confusing. What do tampons have to do with abortion? Shouldn't she be wearing like syringe earrings or forcep earrings?
It's probably related to recent banning of tampons from the Texas senate building or wherever it was.

ecofarm

global liberation
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
It's probably related to recent banning of tampons from the Texas senate building or wherever it was.

Yes, tampons are no longer allowed in that building. I heard Texas is gonna ban tampons from all state buildings.

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate

Josie

No Day But Today
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

Yes, because women were planning on throwing tampons to protest the abortion bill. So the question still stands - what do tampons have to do with abortion?

ThePlayDrive

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Yes, because women were planning on throwing tampons to protest the abortion bill.
Yes, I know the story.

So the question still stands - what do tampons have to do with abortion?
To who? To you or to the people using them to protest? I suspect these are two very different things.

Scrabaholic

certified batshit crazy
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Evidently you didn't read the article .....

CanadaJohn

Canadian Conservative
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

At the risk of sounding crude, I think she's just trying to tell the world she's one big c***

PerfectStorm

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
At least she didn't splash them with ketchup.

tererun

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Well, you want something noticeable and controversial and petrified fetuses would have been over the top. She could have gone with vaginal wands, but with MSNBC's ratings they probably could only afford the tampons. Besides, with most men a tampon is pretty much identifiable with the evil vagina monster.

It is good to see MSNBC practicing the art of trolling. If most people are ignoring you make sure someone else cannot help but get your message into their view.

Top Bottom