• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mandating COVID-19 Vaccination

There are too many antivaxer Karens to mandate it. They'd never shut up.

Can you even imagine the screeching?

They would sooner storm bill gate’s home for doing something good than care about those actually harmed by government and corporate actions.

Fact is these karens are actually tools pretending to be revolutionary freedom fighters. They dont fight for freedom, just their own unearned suburbanite privilege.

The COVID vaccine will not be mandated but voluntary just like all the other virus vaccines before it. People who get their flu shots every year are getting vaccinated for several viruses from years gone by.

Now in the medical field they may require all doctors, nurses and healthcare personnel be vaccinated but not the general public. However, some employers may insist all their personnel get vaccinated. But the federal government will not mandate it.

I am pretty sure every kid in America was mandated to get a polio vaccine, measles shots, TB shots and smallpox shots. The vaccine should be mandatory and all who got one should wear a bracelet or other visible sign of vaccination.

This would be another reason for TrumpQins to threaten a civil war. Liberate Stupidity.
I mean...let them make their threats...they never, ever back it up.

I would think that Karens would be going after anti-vaxxers. Isn't a Karen someone who nags on you for not following the rules?

This would be another reason for TrumpQins to threaten a civil war. Liberate Stupidity.
Probably the furtherest irrelevant Trump references I've ever seen. Well done.

Make it mandatory to commit to getting the vaccine before getting their stimulus check from the government.

Can’t get people to wear a mask, you think they will agree to getting a shot or pill?
The Army taught me that you can't make anyone do anything, but you can make them wish they did. Require vaccination for school enrolment (even home school), any kind of financial aid, and proof of vaccination to file taxes. The more people fail to comply by violating truincy or not filing taxes, the higher the penalties and fees get. Eventually, they get arrested, and one by they'll receive the vaccination during booking.

I don’t think vaccination should be mandated for everyone. However, anyone who deals with the public (supermarket employees, teachers etc) should be required to get it as a condition of returning to work. When I was still working as a doctor Kaiser did exactly that with the flu vaccine. You only have to get it if you want to keep your job.
Simple

I don't think it will be just them; the folks who are concerned about the rush to produce a vaccine are likely to not get it either.

So if Trump is elected.. are you fine with Trump and republicans mandating the vaccine from Russia... Putin says its great...

Please answer. If Trump mandated that you take the vaccine developed in Russia (after being fast tracked through the FDA approval of course).. would you be fine with it.?

I didn't mention Trump at all in that post so I don't know why you are asking me this question.

"people in certain jobs should absolutely be required to take the vaccine as a condition of employment"

You know, like many hospitals and nursing homes do NOW - by their employers, like you. Nothing to do with Trump.

"I'd also be OK (depending on the safety and efficacy data) for schools to require vaccinations for COVID like they do for other infectious diseases."

You know, local school boards make this decision, or state governments. Nothing to do with Trump.

"If it's effective and safe, I'd think many employers in service areas especially would require the vaccine"

Again, where is Trump in this comment?

Why did you ask me whether I'd take a vaccine developed in Russia, if mandated by Trump, since I never mentioned Trump or implied I'm in favor of him mandating anything. Please answer.

The rally wasn't a mandate and people were free to attend that just as much as they were free to attend the protests, riots, arson sprees and hate marches that preceded the rally.

I see, so the people who lead the country when it comes to what's appropriate for a groups of people to do in the COVID era are the protesters, rioters and those in hate marches, and the President follows them.

Sounds about right. He's been totally worthless, and if he can point to rioters to excuse his own conduct, par for the course. We all know it's never his fault, the buck stops somewhere else, always, in this case on the streets with rioters - it's THEIR fault he broke every rule recommended by the CDC for slowing the spread of COVID?

The President of the United State lead by example? Trump? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOL!!@!! **** that! Who cares? Let people get sick at the rally, take it home to family and friends and coworkers, and if those who weren't at the rally get sick and die - sucks to be them! MAGA!!

The Army taught me that you can't make anyone do anything, but you can make them wish they did. Require vaccination for school enrolment (even home school), any kind of financial aid, and proof of vaccination to file taxes. The more people fail to comply by violating truincy or not filing taxes, the higher the penalties and fees get. Eventually, they get arrested, and one by they'll receive the vaccination during booking.

That sure sounds like an awesome America to live in. Do I have to wear a star of non-vaccination too? :roll:

I don’t think vaccination should be mandated for everyone. However, anyone who deals with the public (supermarket employees, teachers etc) should be required to get it as a condition of returning to work. When I was still working as a doctor Kaiser did exactly that with the flu vaccine. You only have to get it if you want to keep your job.
Simple

They typically allow you NOT to get it, but you have to commit to wearing a mask the entire flu season (about 5 months).

It is funny the same people who whined about the mask (because no flu shot) are not whining now about staying masked now 100 percent of the time, except breaks. They have seen how messed up these covid patients are....and have seen previously healthy coworkers struggle with the disease.

I see, so the people who lead the country when it comes to what's appropriate for a groups of people to do in the COVID era are the protesters, rioters and those in hate marches, and the President follows them.

Sounds about right. He's been totally worthless, and if he can point to rioters to excuse his own conduct, par for the course. We all know it's never his fault, the buck stops somewhere else, always, in this case on the streets with rioters - it's THEIR fault he broke every rule recommended by the CDC for slowing the spread of COVID?

The President of the United State lead by example? Trump? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHALOLOLOLOL!!@!! **** that! Who cares? Let people get sick at the rally, take it home to family and friends and coworkers, and if those who weren't at the rally get sick and die - sucks to be them! MAGA!!

The president isn't the guy that's supposed to tell you what to do. The president is one of the guys that's supposed to preserve a system by which you can generally decide for yourself what to do.

The president isn't the guy that's supposed to tell you what to do. The president is one of the guys that's supposed to preserve a system by which you can generally decide for yourself what to do.

Most Presidents believe it's their job to lead the country. Trump is too incompetent and stupid and self absorbed to lead, and he only cares about himself, so we get things like the Trump rally where if people followed his "leadership" we'd have cases explode nationwide, as people returned to crowded concerts, ball games and other tightly packed venues where COVID would spread like wildfire, thousands or 10s of thousands more would die needlessly, many more spending days or weeks in the hospital, emerging with permanent health damage, and we'd see the economy collapse further. And of course you're defending that.

MAGA!

Oh wow, now you've really confused them. All they've heard tonight from the Democratic Party is how the government is going to take care of them.

Oh wow, now you've really confused them. All they've heard tonight from the Democratic Party is how the government is going to take care of them.

I'm not confused. We know if the President does it, you and others will defend it, because Trump did it.

We used to expect leaders to lead, and the President as leader of the country was expected to set a good example, show with his words and actions the best path forward. That's changed with Trump. Here he engaged in a rally that is a literal how-to spread COVID to the most people in the shortest amount of time, then send them home to spread it to innocent family and friends and coworkers who didn't attend the rally. You know it was reckless but you defend it because Trump did it. The only question is HOW you'll defend his actions.

Most Presidents believe it's their job to lead the country. Trump is too incompetent and stupid and self absorbed to lead, and he only cares about himself, so we get things like the Trump rally where if people followed his "leadership" we'd have cases explode nationwide, as people returned to crowded concerts, ball games and other tightly packed venues where COVID would spread like wildfire, thousands or 10s of thousands more would die needlessly, many more spending days or weeks in the hospital, emerging with permanent health damage, and we'd see the economy collapse further. And of course you're defending that.

MAGA!

There's a difference between leadership and telling people what to do. There is also a difference between management and vision. Trump is a leader but he isn't a manager. He's a goal oriented visionary and, frankly, a rather chaotic one but that really doesn't matter. Unlike the manager style leadership we have seen in the past, Trump is the kind of guy that wants YOU to lead your own way to the goals he's setting. He's the guy that believes the American people know best what works for them and that they don't need someone at the top of the pile pointing them in various directions and kicking them when they get off course. He isn't a politician and doesn't strive to be one.

I believe if the vaccine(s) isn't free, easily available, and efficacious, there will be a challenge in encouraging near-total compliance.

We will NEVER EVER recover the economy until we get COVID under control, so if all you Branch Covidians wish to stand on ceremony, have at it but you can't blame the Democrats, not for ANY of this. You own the whole magilla, you and Trump.

The only good news is, your numbers are shrinking fast and COVID honestly doesn't give a rat's ass about your politics or your "freedumbs".

Dead Confederates CV19.jpg

Darwin sez: "Relax, I've got this."

I'm not confused. We know if the President does it, you and others will defend it, because Trump did it.

We used to expect leaders to lead, and the President as leader of the country was expected to set a good example, show with his words and actions the best path forward. That's changed with Trump. Here he engaged in a rally that is a literal how-to spread COVID to the most people in the shortest amount of time, then send them home to spread it to innocent family and friends and coworkers who didn't attend the rally. You know it was reckless but you defend it because Trump did it. The only question is HOW you'll defend his actions.

Like I said in another thread, if Trump figured out how to **** gold bricks and then handed them out along Pennsylvania Avenue you and the rest of the Democrats would be complaining that he's merely handing the people piles of ****.

That sure sounds like an awesome America to live in. Do I have to wear a star of non-vaccination too? :roll:
No, no stars, because you WILL be vaccinated :)

The federal government when the vaccine is released under Trump will not force mandatory vaccinations on the federal level. If a governor decides he will mandate all be vaccinated they will be hit with countless lawsuits. Something the left has a problem with is our founding as a nation was based on the the protection of freedom of individuals and there are separations of powers between federal and states. Freedom gets messy for the left because they want everything decided from the federal government . So sad too bad.

Sure... let's also mandate everything else deemed in the National Interest.

Slaves are great at doing what they are told to do when it will be enforced by any means necessary.

Pathetic. Clearly you have an issue with keeping yourself and others safe from a killer pandemic. Why is that; some idiotic libertarian 'principle'? Do you wear a seatbelt (mandated by law in NZ)? Would you smoke in a restaurant (also banned by mandate), to demonstrate your 'principles'?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom