• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mandating COVID-19 Vaccination

No, no stars, because you WILL be vaccinated :)

Nope, We're going to see to it that you get each and every vaccine refused. We'll call ya Blimpy Wayne Jr. With generous duck taping, we'll keep ya from 'sploding. You're welcome.

Can’t get people to wear a mask, you think they will agree to getting a shot or pill?

Fine with me. The virus will then pass itself around to all the anti vaccine and anti mask idiots. They can have it.

Nope, We're going to see to it that you get each and every vaccine refused. We'll call ya Blimpy Wayne Jr. With generous duck taping, we'll keep ya from 'sploding. You're welcome.
Those words in that order make zero sense.

First, an assumption; there will be, sooner or later, a vaccine readily available which provides some degree of immunity from the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Thus defined, it approximates that presently available for influenza.

At present, a bit less than half of the American population avail themselves of the influenza vaccine each year. Given the present situation, we can expect somewhat more of us will get the Covid vaccine. I suspect, though, that like influenza, this virus will continue to take its toll year after year.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

I am pretty sure every kid in America was mandated to get a polio vaccine, measles shots, TB shots and smallpox shots. The vaccine should be mandatory and all who got one should wear a bracelet or other visible sign of vaccination.
Kids in America actually no longer get smallpox vaccines. In fact few people younger than 40 outside the military and a few other international travel jobs have the smallpox vaccination.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Needs congress for that. And about two decades of wrangling in the courts.

GOP members may need a period of adjustment after Trump leaves office, to get used to the idea that there is more than one branch of government.

Well....at least we've got till 2024 to adjust to the idea that Trump is finally out of office.......

there's a difference between leadership and telling people what to do. There is also a difference between management and vision. Trump is a leader but he isn't a manager. He's a goal oriented visionary and, frankly, a rather chaotic one but that really doesn't matter. Unlike the manager style leadership we have seen in the past, trump is the kind of guy that wants you to lead your own way to the goals he's setting. He's the guy that believes the american people know best what works for them and that they don't need someone at the top of the pile pointing them in various directions and kicking them when they get off course. He isn't a politician and doesn't strive to be one.

lol - maga!

Like I said in another thread, if Trump figured out how to **** gold bricks and then handed them out along Pennsylvania Avenue you and the rest of the Democrats would be complaining that he's merely handing the people piles of ****.

The bar is actually already on the ground. What was expected is he just not engage in a literal how to about how to kill as many people as possible, which is to hold a massive indoor rally, in person, elbow to elbow, with no masks, no social distancing, in the middle of a pandemic.

But I get it. Dear Leader is never wrong. MAGA!

Not only did he ask the experts but he also followed their advice. The left, however, has a completely different narrative of things because their entire MO is to find fault with absolutely everything Trump does or says. The left actually ridiculed Trump for pardoning Susan B Anthony!

Really? How often do you see Trump following advice about wearing a mask or social distancing? Oh yes, when it's convenient for the latest photo-op. Tomorrow? Forget about it; it "would send the wrong message"! There's a 'narrative' for you.

Trump tells allies his wearing a mask would '''send the wrong message,''' make him look ridiculous

... people in certain jobs should absolutely be required to take the vaccine as a condition of employment. Healthcare workers, and those working in assisted living/nursing homes are good examples ... As to other adults, a lot will depend on the early data on the vaccine. If it's effective and safe, ...

Isn't this part a bit backwards? Should not we first require it be effective and save BEFORE giving it to healthcare workers? Why does this standard only apply to "other" people?

Of course with this administration, it's hard to say how we would trust for vaccine to be shown safe and effective with any kinds of confidence. Heck, even if I see Trump and his whole family getting the vaccine on live TV, I would not know if it's real or just staged placebo.

Fine with me. The virus will then pass itself around to all the anti vaccine and anti mask idiots. They can have it.

I wish that was true, but it never is with vaccines. They will likely fail for many people who take it, some won't be able to get a vaccine (too immunocompromised for various reasons) and so those who refuse will kill others who tried to do the right thing.

It's why schools and many employers require vaccines. If it fails 20% of the time and 80% take it, that's probably good enough - 80% immunity in the population. It likely might not be enough if 70% take it and it fails 14%, leaving only 56% immune.

Isn't this part a bit backwards? Should not we first require it be effective and save BEFORE giving it to healthcare workers? Why does this standard only apply to "other" people?

I'm assuming we've done adequate testing and know it's at least SAFE before rolling it out nationwide. If that's true, then what you want first is those caring for the sick, including COVID patients, not act as spreaders to others in the hospital or otherwise sick and therefore vulnerable to bad cases.

Of course with this administration, it's hard to say how we would trust for vaccine to be shown safe and effective with any kinds of confidence. Heck, even if I see Trump and his whole family getting the vaccine on live TV, I would not know if it's real or just staged placebo.

That is a problem when Trump lies so often we don't even note the lies anymore, and is so corrupt that if he thought it would be good for him, of course he'd get a fake vaccine on TV. No one should doubt he'd do both.

Really? How often do you see Trump following advice about wearing a mask or social distancing? Oh yes, when it's convenient for the latest photo-op. Tomorrow? Forget about it; it "would send the wrong message"! There's a 'narrative' for you.

Trump tells allies his wearing a mask would '''send the wrong message,''' make him look ridiculous

You have to remember the rules for the MAGAs. It's in two parts.

1) Did Trump do it (or not do it, which is also an action)?
2) If yes, then it was the right thing to do or not do, because Trump is Dear Leader.

Why give people a choice? Since it's in the national interest to have people vaccinated then shouldn't president Biden, being the only person capable of putting an end to this global catastrophe, just mandate vaccinations and enforce the mandate by whatever means necessary? I mean, that's what would be best for America, right?

Nah...better to let natural selection take its course.

Yup.

The only reason some red states have high vaccinations rates is that they see vaccination as a way to stick it to the lib'rals. But once Joe Biden takes office the red state Bubbas and Jim Bobs will see taking the vaccine as being a 'cuck' and will refuse it. I wouldn't care, except they're going to get progressive people forced to live in red-state hellholes sick.

I am pretty sure every kid in America was mandated to get a polio vaccine, measles shots, TB shots and smallpox shots. The vaccine should be mandatory and all who got one should wear a bracelet or other visible sign of vaccination.

So you are fine with Trump mandated everyone get vaccinated with the Russian vaccination?

Putin does say its great!

So you are fine with Trump mandated everyone get vaccinated with the Russian vaccination?

Putin does say its great!

Only if it passes the FDC and CDC processes and is validated and verified by experts. Why in the world would you ask this question knowing full well that vaccines are tightly regulated and controlled worldwide?

I don’t think vaccination should be mandated for everyone. However, anyone who deals with the public (supermarket employees, teachers etc) should be required to get it as a condition of returning to work. When I was still working as a doctor Kaiser did exactly that with the flu vaccine. You only have to get it if you want to keep your job.
Simple

I think everyone should get it. Period. If you haven't got a medical exemption, you either get it or take tax penalties.

Employers might be able to pull it off. They can make you pee in a cup after all.

The vaccine cannot be mandatory in a free country.

Pathetic. Clearly you have an issue with keeping yourself and others safe from a killer pandemic. Why is that; some idiotic libertarian 'principle'? Do you wear a seatbelt (mandated by law in NZ)? Would you smoke in a restaurant (also banned by mandate), to demonstrate your 'principles'?

I would get the vaccine and will have my kids get the vaccine whether it is mandated or not...

...kinda shows that your assumptions and post are ****ing retarded.

I believe if the vaccine(s) isn't free, easily available, and efficacious, there will be a challenge in encouraging near-total compliance.

Vaccine reverses the mask debate where I can act to protect me versus having others act to protect each other. In the case of masks they should be mandates since protection is for the other while in the case of vaccines they should not be mandated since one should control one's body.

In the situation of a vaccine, the classic idea of natural rights can take precedence since it is a situation where one can control one's situation without any externalities complicating the matter, which is where the natural rights idea finds its best fit.

I didn't mention Trump at all in that post so I don't know why you are asking me this question.

"people in certain jobs should absolutely be required to take the vaccine as a condition of employment"

You know, like many hospitals and nursing homes do NOW - by their employers, like you. Nothing to do with Trump.

"I'd also be OK (depending on the safety and efficacy data) for schools to require vaccinations for COVID like they do for other infectious diseases."

You know, local school boards make this decision, or state governments. Nothing to do with Trump.

"If it's effective and safe, I'd think many employers in service areas especially would require the vaccine"

Again, where is Trump in this comment?

Why did you ask me whether I'd take a vaccine developed in Russia, if mandated by Trump, since I never mentioned Trump or implied I'm in favor of him mandating anything. Please answer.

Naw.. you are just being purposely obtuse.

You know why Trump was mentioned.. and thats because Trump is the head of the executive branch. The one that can order a federal mandate by executive order.. or will be the one to enforce such a mandate or because he is the head of the VA, Medicaid and Medicare.. and other federal health programs.

You called for a government mandate for vaccination. Trump is the top government official.

Lets say Trump endorses the Russian vaccine.. and thats the one that medicaid and medicare and the VA will approve for payment (because he controls that).

Are you fine with poor parents all having their children to be mandatorily vaccinated with the vaccine of Trumps choosing.. because thats the one that he approves of?

Naw.. you are just being purposely obtuse.

You know why Trump was mentioned.. and thats because Trump is the head of the executive branch. The one that can order a federal mandate by executive order.. or will be the one to enforce such a mandate.

You called for a government mandate for vaccination. Trump is the top government official.

I did NOT call for that. :shrug:

"As a condition of employment" does not imply that it's Trump's doing. Vaccines are right now, today, in thousands of businesses, required as a condition of employment, and there is no FEDERAL mandate. It's an employer mandate. I explained this, and you missed it the first and second times. They're required in many schools, and that's a state or local mandate, not the feds. I explicitly then suggested that other employers might mandate vaccinations. Trump and the feds were not mentioned. You assumed that I supported a Trump mandate, and you were wrong, as I pointed out.

Lets say Trump endorses the Russian vaccine.. and thats the one that medicaid and medicare and the VA will approve for payment (because he controls that).

Are you fine with poor parents all having their children to be mandatorily vaccinated with the vaccine of Trumps choosing.. because thats the one that he approves of?

Are you fine with that? Please answer.

I don't support a Trump/federal mandate that "all" of anyone - kids, adults, workers - gets the Putin or any other vaccine.

As I said, I would support employer or school system mandates, like I support those mandates imposed by thousands of school districts and many thousands of employers TODAY, for the flu and any other vaccines those entities believe is essential to protect public health in the facilities under their control.

Back
Top Bottom