• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

lyndie england

kmhowe72

Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2005
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Location
New England
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Moderate
Lyndie England gets three years. Well i think that should do it.
 

mistermain

Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
kmhowe72 said:
Lyndie England gets three years. Well i think that should do it.
Wow, three years for what she did. Dumb broad shouldn't have taken pictures.
 

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 27, 2005
Messages
43,603
Reaction score
26,254
Location
Houston, TX
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
mistermain said:
Wow, three years for what she did. Dumb broad shouldn't have taken pictures.
Actually, she should not have committed torture. She deserves the sentence and the dishonorable discharge.
 

mistermain

Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
danarhea said:
Actually, she should not have committed torture. She deserves the sentence and the dishonorable discharge.
You call what she did torture? It was a stupid, immature act. She may have deserved the punishment handed to here, but the way the media jumped on it sickened me. It put all our boys in harm's way.
 

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 27, 2005
Messages
43,603
Reaction score
26,254
Location
Houston, TX
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
mistermain said:
You call what she did torture? It was a stupid, immature act. She may have deserved the punishment handed to here, but the way the media jumped on it sickened me. It put all our boys in harm's way.
A court martial deemed it torture, and now she is getting what she deserves. She is not fit to wear the uniform, and is a total disgrace to the service. She put our troops in harms way by giving the enemy an excuse to do the same.
 

mistermain

Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
danarhea said:
A court martial deemed it torture, and now she is getting what she deserves. She is not fit to wear the uniform, and is a total disgrace to the service.
She is a disgrace, and I am not defending her actions. It wasn't torture though.
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
23,722
Reaction score
8,409
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
danarhea said:
A court martial deemed it torture, and now she is getting what she deserves. She is not fit to wear the uniform, and is a total disgrace to the service. She put our troops in harms way by giving the enemy an excuse to do the same.
The enemy didn't need any special excuse to practice what they have practiced for decades against prisoners and hostages long before Abu-Graib.

I am glad that they threw the book at her. I expected them to let her off easy. While she was disgracing America and the National Guard by abusing prisoners and having fun, the real military was out fighting a war. They angered us all. My only question is why was she the only one that tried to get away with it by pleading innocent? On top of her unprofessionalism, she placed a lack of integrity and a lack of personal responsibility.
 
Last edited:

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Alot of trials are political motivated in order to appease political pressure rather than to find true justice. I don't know all the details, but if I had to venture a guess, those soldiers were likely following the orders of their superior officers, yet I have only seen enlisted soldiers punish. This makes me think that they are trying to scape goat enlisted personal in order for commissioned superior officers to save their own asses from the political fallout of the media attention of the prison abuses. If the media never showed pictures or reported on it, their would be no trial. Was she guilty? Yes. Was her superior officers guilty? Yes, because whatever their soldiers do is their fault and they are responsible for the actions of their soldiers when it is on such a massive scale. It's just that I haven't seen any ranking members put on trial, therefore this trial did not serve justice but rather was serving to give people the scapegoat and the conviction they wanted in order to save the asses of other people.
 

mistermain

Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
TimmyBoy said:
Alot of trials are political motivated in order to appease political pressure rather than to find true justice. I don't know all the details, but if I had to venture a guess, those soldiers were likely following the orders of their superior officers, yet I have only seen enlisted soldiers punish. This makes me think that they are trying to scape goat enlisted personal in order for commissioned superior officers to save their own asses from the political fallout of the media attention of the prison abuses. If the media never showed pictures or reported on it, their would be no trial. Was she guilty? Yes. Was her superior officers guilty? Yes, because whatever their soldiers do is their fault and they are responsible for the actions of their soldiers.
I don't know if there would not have been a trial had the media never grabbed the story. I do know that the media gave more attention to this story than to anything else at the time. All this does is fuel the fire, and give the terrorists more "justification" in their mission to destroy us.
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
mistermain said:
I don't know if there would not have been a trial had the media never grabbed the story. I do know that the media gave more attention to this story than to anything else at the time. All this does is fuel the fire, and give the terrorists more "justification" in their mission to destroy us.
The terrorist activities of the US government is what gives terrorists the motivation for their mission to destroy us.
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
23,722
Reaction score
8,409
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
TimmyBoy said:
Alot of trials are political motivated in order to appease political pressure rather than to find true justice. I don't know all the details, but if I had to venture a guess, those soldiers were likely following the orders of their superior officers, yet I have only seen enlisted soldiers punish. This makes me think that they are trying to scape goat enlisted personal in order for commissioned superior officers to save their own asses from the political fallout of the media attention of the prison abuses. If the media never showed pictures or reported on it, their would be no trial. Was she guilty? Yes. Was her superior officers guilty? Yes, because whatever their soldiers do is their fault and they are responsible for the actions of their soldiers when it is on such a massive scale. It's just that I haven't seen any ranking members put on trial, therefore this trial did not serve justice but rather was serving to give people the scapegoat and the conviction they wanted in order to save the asses of other people.

This is where people always go. These rogues of unproffesional Guardsmen were not under "orders." This is a common thing that lower ranks do. When they are caught doing something, they look for a higher rank to blame, because the supervising senior will be the focus. They are always "following orders." It's the ultimate bullit dodge.

This also was not on a massive scale. A Commanding Officer can only be guilty to a point. He can not monitor the actions of his men 24/7. What was wrong in this situation was a training issue. The National Guard is not military. They do not have the same sense of duty or sense of responsibility to professionalism that the military has. What do you expect. They are the National Guard and should not have been deployed in the first place. Abu-Graib isn't the only thing they messed up over there. There was always a situation involving them.

The others involved, which included junior and immediate supoervisors were punished with NJPs, Courtmartials, and bad paperwork. For an Officer, bad paperwork is a career ender. England was the center person in the photos, female, pregnant with aniother Guuardsmen's baby, and the only one that pleaded innocent and therefore the media was fixed on her.
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
23,722
Reaction score
8,409
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
TimmyBoy said:
The terrorist activities of the US government is what gives terrorists the motivation for their mission to destroy us.

Yeah that's it. It's all our fault. We should nuke ourselves in an apology for our evilness. And as the Islamic extremists cover more lands in Africa and Asia, slaughtering millions more of Christians and Hindus, we can hold our heads low because somehow in someway, we have indirectly encouraged them to murder for their god.

Denial and self-blame, while offering apologies doesn't cut it.
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
GySgt said:
This is where people always go. These rogues of unproffesional Guardsmen were not under "orders." This is a common thing that lower ranks do. When they are caught doing something, they look for a higher rank to blame, because the supervising senior will be the focus. They are always "following orders." It's the ultimate bullit dodge.

This also was not on a massive scale. A Commanding Officer can only be guilty to a point. He can not monitor the actions of his men 24/7. What was wrong in this situation was a training issue. The National Guard is not military. They do not have the same sense of duty or sense of responsibility to professionalism that the military has. What do you expect. They are the National Guard and should not have been deployed in the first place. Abu-Graib isn't the only thing they messed up over there. There was always a situation involving them.

The others involved, which included junior and immediate supoervisors were punished with NJPs, Courtmartials, and bad paperwork. For an Officer, bad paperwork is a career ender. England was the center person in the photos, female, pregnant with aniother Guuardsmen's baby, and the only one that pleaded innocent and therefore the media was fixed on her.
I don't buy that. This was something that was going on for a long time way before it was reported in the media. And it was going on for an extended period of time, yet no action was taken from the superior officers to do anything. Officer have a responsibility to ensure that their men act in a professional manner and when the officers do not do their job and insure their men act in a professional manner, as was the case in this situation, they deserve to be punished along with the enlistedmen.
 

mistermain

Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
TimmyBoy said:
The terrorist activities of the US government is what gives terrorists the motivation for their mission to destroy us.
So are you siding with those bastards? You believe they are just in their mission?
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
GySgt said:
Yeah that's it. It's all our fault. We should nuke ourselves in an apology for our evilness. And as the Islamic extremists cover more lands in Africa and Asia, slaughtering millions more of Christians and Hindus, we can hold our heads low because somehow in someway, we have indirectly encouraged them to murder for their god.

Denial and self-blame, while offering apologies doesn't cut it.

Ohh yeah, those sand niggers just ate their rice krispies one day and decied "hey, you know what!? Let's just slam airplanes into the WTC in NY for no reason at all. JUST FOR KICKS. We will do it just because America didn't do anything to us. Just for fun." Yeah, I'm sure that is what they were thinking man. Generally, those governments targetted by terrorists have participated in terrorism themselves. Terrorists don't attack a particular nation for no reason at all.
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
23,722
Reaction score
8,409
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
TimmyBoy said:
I don't buy that. This was something that was going on for a long time way before it was reported in the media. And it was going on for an extended period of time, yet no action was taken from the superior officers to do anything. Officer have a responsibility to ensure that their men act in a professional manner and when the officers do not do their job and insure their men act in a professional manner, as was the case in this situation, they deserve to be punished along with the enlistedmen.

And why don't you buy it? It doesn't meet your hunch? Like I said, Officers were guilty and their careers as Guardsmen (whatever that meant) are over.

"The others involved, which included junior and immediate supoervisors were punished with NJPs, Courtmartials, and bad paperwork."
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
mistermain said:
So are you siding with those bastards? You believe they are just in their mission?
I'm not taking anybody's side. I am just offerring my point of view. If you want to fight terrorism, stop participating in it and people will leave you alone.
 

mistermain

Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
TimmyBoy said:
Ohh yeah, those sand niggers just ate their rice krispies one day and decied "hey, you know what!? Let's just slam airplanes into the WTC in NY for no reason at all. JUST FOR KICKS. We will do it just because America didn't do anything to us. Just for fun." Yeah, I'm sure that is what they were thinking man. Generally, those governments targetted by terrorists have participated in terrorism themselves. Terrorists don't attack a particular nation for no reason at all.
You are a terrorist sympathizer. I don't call people who are against the war unpatriotic, but you are anti-American. You actually feel those bastards had good reason to take down the twin towers. That was a civilian target!!! You could not conduct a more cowardly attack. **** you.
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
23,722
Reaction score
8,409
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
TimmyBoy said:
Ohh yeah, those sand niggers just ate their rice krispies one day and decied "hey, you know what!? Let's just slam airplanes into the WTC in NY for no reason at all. JUST FOR KICKS. We will do it just because America didn't do anything to us. Just for fun." Yeah, I'm sure that is what they were thinking man. Generally, those governments targetted by terrorists have participated in terrorism themselves. Terrorists don't attack a particular nation for no reason at all.

Two million slaughtered Christians in the Sudan by Bin Laden's Islamic extremists during the 90's. I wonder what they did to "anger" them.

Blaming our foreign policy is a scapegoat and can only go so far. Do you even know why Bin Laden decided to turn his attention towards us?
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
GySgt said:
And why don't you buy it? It doesn't meet your hunch? Like I said, Officers were guilty and their careers as Guardsmen (whatever that meant) are over.

"The others involved, which included junior and immediate supoervisors were punished with NJPs, Courtmartials, and bad paperwork."
I don't know all the facts surrounding everything that happenned at the prison. What I do know, is that I don't trust the system. But I can't make a fair judgement. But my gut instinct tells me that their were alot of people who went unpunished who should have been punished.
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
GySgt said:
Two million slaughtered Christians in the Sudan by Bin Laden's Islamic extremists during the 90's. I wonder what they did to "anger" them.

Blaming our foreign policy is a scapegoat and can only go so far. Do you even know why Bin Laden decided to turn his attention towards us?
Well, after the CIA trained him, during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan where he fought, he turned his attention towards the US because we had troops stationed in Saudia Arabia, which has Mecca and Medina, very sacred in the Islamic Religion.
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
mistermain said:
You are a terrorist sympathizer. I don't call people who are against the war unpatriotic, but you are anti-American. You actually feel those bastards had good reason to take down the twin towers. That was a civilian target!!! You could not conduct a more cowardly attack. **** you.
And all the civilians that the US has killed overseas was just as much a cowardly act. Civilians? You want to talk about killing civilians? Look at your government pal. The US has killed alot of innocent civilians. I imagine those people around the globe who lost innocent civilians to US actions had the same reaction when it happenned to their civilians that you had when they hit the World Trade Center.
 

TimmyBoy

Banned
Joined
Sep 23, 2005
Messages
1,466
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The terrorists learned from the example set by the US government.
 

MSgt

Stabler Genius
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 10, 2005
Messages
23,722
Reaction score
8,409
Location
Highlands Ranch, CO
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
TimmyBoy said:
Well, after the CIA trained him, during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan where he fought, he turned his attention towards the US because we had troops stationed in Saudia Arabia, which has Mecca and Medina, very sacred in the Islamic Religion.

Awww yes. The "we trained" him position of guilt. Get over it.

We trained Bin Laden to fight the spread of Soviet Communism. His thanks was to go on to create Al-Queda. When America and other countries placed their militaries in Saudi Arabia at the permission of the Saudi Government, he was outraged. He did not like the western world building up to fight Muslims in the birth place of Islam. He took on the position of "self-appointed executioner of god" and started his campain of killing American civilians in Africa, Saudi Arabia, New York. He went on to slaughter other Muslims that did not agree to his brand of Arab Islam in many countries. Today, he uses the innocent dead children of Iraq as a result of our sanctions. He didn't seem to care about the "innocent Iraqi's under Saddam or Kuwaitis at the tyranny of Saddam. He has completely perverted Islam and he is it's greatest offender. He is a phsyco that has given every reason to murder. He also depends on people to feel guilty and to "understand" that America drove him to it as he propagandas recruits from all over the Middle East who's lives have no future thanks to this Arab brand of Islam.

I guess you're right. It's all our fault. They learned from us. We taught them how to bomb civilians using cars and vests. We taught them that decapitation is good business for god. We taught them that skyjacking airplanes is proper behavior. We taught them that committing a holocaust of two million Christians would find them in favor of "Allah." We taught the art of religious bigotry. I guess we just made him mad.

These aren't your views. This is you rolling over and apoligizing. I don't think they care to hear it.
 
Last edited:

mistermain

Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
TimmyBoy said:
And all the civilians that the US has killed overseas was just as much a cowardly act. Civilians? You want to talk about killing civilians? Look at your government pal. The US has killed alot of innocent civilians. I imagine those people around the globe who lost innocent civilians to US actions had the same reaction when it happenned to their civilians that you had when they hit the World Trade Center.
I just hope you're not my neighbor.

I'm an American. When American civilians are killed in an act of war by cowards who hide in caves with their faces covered, I don't care what their reasoning is. That is the problem with the left. You try to "understand" why they hate us. They do not think logically. Like the left in America they act on emotion. They are animals, and deserve to be treated as such.
 
Top Bottom