• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

lyndie england

MSgt

Stabler Genius
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
mixedmedia said:
Why Syria?

And how are we supposed to invade another country when we can't even get a grasp on Iraq?

We have a grasp on Iraq. It's just rough and they need time to step up. They need to realize that this is their country and it's time to roll up their sleeves. (The Kurds are doing it) Most of the hard core extremists are from Syria, Saudi Arabia, and Iran. Iraq had an "in your face" dictator that everyone wanted gone and it was easy to rid him from the Middle East. The Iraq was a great place to offer a Democracy - "one country down." Attacking Syria would have been like Iraq. Attacking Iran or doing something about Saudi Arabia would have been huge!! For that, we need help. Kicking their militaries asses would be easy. It's the insurgent mayhem that would follow and it is the extremists that we are really at war with. The problem is that they don't belong or have allegiance to a particular country. Gutting current establishments, like Iraq, offers the peaceful Arabs to do something good for themselves and it draw out the extremists, as we are seeing in Iraq.

MSgt

Stabler Genius
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
kal-el said:
O man Gunny, I think that post made the most sense to me that you wrote in a while. Good job!:2razz:

Have I swayed from anything I have said prior? It's hard to write it all out in these little boxes, without focusing on specific issues. ie....terrorists, extremists, Arab Islam, liberation. democracy, oil, strategic values, etc.

I'm seeking a publisher. I have way more than a book written.

MSgt

Stabler Genius
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
kal-el said:
Well, we did indeed get bogged down in Iraq, mostly because Bush failed to realize the amount of troops needed to stabilize a Saddam-less Iraq. Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz warned him that we would need alot more troops to control post-war Iraq, but he didn't want to hear it.

Well, to be honest, President Bush listens intently to the military also. Something we haven't been used to in a long time. Military analysts warned of this possibility, but they didn't expect what occured in the volume that it did.

Also, imagine where Iraq would be, if Europe actually helped instead of trying to hide it's backstabbing deals.

MILITARILY.....In a way it's good. We're killing them whole sale. It's hell on the civilians though. That, I hate and that is why I want this to be finished correctly. The problem, though, is that "correctly" depends on them. I hope they don't vote down this constitution and I hope that the dissenters don't rebel if it does, because I think that will be it.

mixedmedia

iniquitably employed
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
GySgt said:
Don't stop with today's President.

Trust me I don't - my momma is a liberal but she didn't raise no fools. I should have used administration(s). But it doesn't hurt to point out that this administration, so intent on bringing democracy to the middle east in this decade, turns a blind eye to two of the most detestable Islamic societies on the planet right now, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan. Granted I do understand what you say below about why we do it - at least as far as it applies to Saudi.

Sucks don't it?

Well, yes it does, sir, yes it does - it seems downright hopeless. And if I didn't have kids, I'd go live out in the mountains somewhere and not give a **** about any of it.

mixedmedia

iniquitably employed
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
mixedmedia said:
And if I didn't have kids, I'd go live out in the mountains somewhere and not give a **** about any of it.

Actually this is not true, as much as I would like to believe it. I'm afraid I'm in for the long haul.

kal-el

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
GySgt said:
I'm seeking a publisher. I have way more than a book written.

Yea, you should write a book. You make very enlightening posts.

MSgt

Stabler Genius
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
kal-el said:
Yea, you should write a book. You make very enlightening posts.

I already have. I'm just havingtrouble organizing my thoughts into a flowing format. Hence...the publisher.

kal-el

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
GySgt said:
I already have. I'm just havingtrouble organizing my thoughts into a flowing format. Hence...the publisher.

Ahh who cares about that? That's just a minor technicality.Look at the sucess of Ann Coulter, and Michael Moore.

MSgt

Stabler Genius
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
kal-el said:
Ahh who cares about that? That's just a minor technicality.Look at the sucess of Ann Coulter, and Michael Moore.

Yeah, but there garbage is pure propaganda. I'm intersted in the heart of matters. I don't care for "surface" facts. I think that's why there is so much dissention between opinions. Some people's "facts" stop short. Plus, it doesn't help that every time something happens in the world, I get flooded with ideas. The latest "rush" was the Palestinian reaction to Israel pulling out of the Gaza Strip.

Top Bottom